PDA

View Full Version : Data usage in iPhone?

Max Power
12-15-2011, 07:18 PM
I am just about to get an iPhone and will switch the game over from an iPod. How much data does this game suck. Will my 2g worth of data be sucked up by the tenth of the month by doing a few hood collections?

whocareswhatmynameis
12-15-2011, 08:44 PM
not really. i haven't had any issues. the only time i got close to the 2gb data limit was when i was watching netflix movies on my iPhone a few months back.

Max Power
12-16-2011, 08:27 AM
not really. i haven't had any issues. the only time i got close to the 2gb data limit was when i was watching netflix movies on my iPhone a few months back.

Good info.

Ordered mine today. Thanks!

Euchred
12-16-2011, 08:32 AM
On my 3g It doesn't take much but I don't do much, as thats my camper I just collect buildings really and my data was only 50 mb last month. I'm upgading to the 4s in a few weeks and putting my high level profile on it i'll be interseted to see if traveling to other hoods uses more data.

ShotInTheDark
12-16-2011, 08:34 AM
my iphone has crime city and still has so much extra data that I could literally wipe my ass with all the extra data i still have

Max Power
12-16-2011, 09:04 AM
my iphone has crime city and still has so much extra data that I could literally wipe my ass with all the extra data i still have

Is that effective? Because sometimes standard two-ply just doesn't cut it.

Syn
12-16-2011, 12:35 PM
I am just about to get an iPhone and will switch the game over from an iPod. How much data does this game suck. Will my 2g worth of data be sucked up by the tenth of the month by doing a few hood collections?

Although i'm pretty sure this isn't what you are asking, I thought I would let everyone know this. My iPhone is only an 8gig, so I can't put too many things on it. I recently saw that I had only 1.5 gigs left and I had no idea why. Turns out CC's cache (I assume) was 2.4 gigs! Promptly uninstalled then re-installed it. It's back to under 300 mbs but now I lag whenever I go to a new rival's hood, which can suck when you need the hit the high level buildings before collected or looted first. Has happened 3-4 times now...

So if you have the room, keep that cached file for as long as you can. Otherwise be on the lookout for lag! Also, in case you're wondering, I play with WiFi. But when I don't, I don't have to worry about the data. One of the best things about sprint is the unlimited data plan!

Ram
12-16-2011, 12:55 PM
It doesn't really use the data maybe only to connect to the game server... I never had any problem!