PDA

View Full Version : Building Defense vs. Attack Defense by jlhy

Syn
12-15-2011, 06:59 PM
I felt like this needed it's own thread for easier access for those who use the search function. The following is data collected and analyzed by jlhy.

Currently I'm working on the goal godly where you need to obtain a defense score of 34,000, so I can see my defense stat as it applies to defending attacks from rivals. I can see the increase in defense stats as I add equipment, defense buildings, and defense building upgrades and can see the decrease when I sell off a defense building.

I found that when you first buy a defense building (level 1) you get the full stats of the building applied to your attack defense score. When you upgrade that building you get half of the defense stats applied to your defense score. For example the Bodyguard agency. When you first buy the Bodyguard agency you get 10 defense added to both your profile defense and your 10 your attack defense. When you upgrade the bodyguard agency to level 2 you get 20 defense added to your profile defense and 5 added to your attack defense. Upgrading to level 3 your profile defense goes up 30 and your attack defense goes up by 5.

Level 4 Abandoned Building would increase your attack defense by 5 (2+1+1+1=5)
Level 4 Guard Tower would increase your attack defense by 7.5 (3+1.5+1.5+1.5=7.5)
Level 4 Bodyguard Agency would increase your attack defense by 25 points (10+5+5+5=25).
Level 4 Muay Thai center would increase your attack defense by 45 (18+9+9+9=45)
Level 4 Gattling Turret would increase your attack defense by 62.5 (25+12.5+12.5+12.5=62.5)
Level 4 Sniper's Den would increase your attack defense by 80 (32+16+16+16=80)

I noticed the tycoon bonus did not apply to attack defense only to total defense (the one that shows in your profile). When I built a Sniper's Den I got an increase of 32 defense rather than 36(tycoon). Same with the missile turret, received 42 attack defense rather than 47(tycoon).

I also tested by deleting a few buildings. I deleted my level 7 Abandoned Building and my attack defense dropped 8 points while my profile defense dropped 69 points.

The stats listed on the defense building upgrades seem to only apply to defense against robberies and seem to be a separate calculation from attack defense.

Peacock can you confirm if these are similar to your findings.

If anyone else that currently has a defense goal can do some checks as well that would be extremely helpful.

Cheers
12-16-2011, 09:58 AM
Very helpful to the community! Thanks Syn! :D

Peacock
12-16-2011, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the effort Syn
And thanks to jlhy for closing this case!

This is the link created by Lars for all the def buildings
http://crimecityios.wikia.com/wiki/Defense_Buildings
Btw if the building is 5.5. The 0.5 should stay there becuz if u hv 2 bldgs it should give total=11. It shouldn't be rounded up or down

Lars
12-16-2011, 01:43 PM
Btw if the building is 5.5. The 0.5 should stay there becuz if u hv 2 bldgs it should give total=11. It shouldn't be rounded up or down
Oh, I see. Thanks!

Dorian Gray
12-16-2011, 03:41 PM
I just don't understand why a game would keep this kind of basic information a secret from the players. At the least tell players something, even if it's something vague like "Equipment will help you better defend against attacks, and def buildings will help you better defend against roberies."

Look at this from a layman's standpoint:

"I'm getting attaked a lot and losing, I should build some defense buildings to raise my defense number."

From what the game tells you, which isn't much, this strategy should make perfect sense. But in reality defense buildings barely help at all against PvP attacks. So someone spends precious time and resources persuing this until they realize through experience that they just wasted weeks if not more of game time.

Whatever, I'm probably missing it, but I'm sure this somehow translates into Funzio selling more gold.

khung003
12-16-2011, 03:45 PM
I just don't understand why a game would keep this kind of basic information a secret from the players.

Because one will feel good to be the first who find out the secrets. Many people will think I know more/better secrets than him/her/them, & that give me more advantages than others, etc.

Dorian Gray
12-16-2011, 03:59 PM
Because one will feel good to be the first who find out the secrets. Many people will think I know more/better secrets than him/her/them, & that give me more advantages than others, etc.

lol khung, you're supposed to look at it from a layman's standpoint. We all know you have all the secrets. :cool:

khung003
12-16-2011, 04:02 PM
lol khung, you're supposed to look at it from a layman's standpoint. We all know you have all the secrets. :cool:

No I don't. I don't know many secrets. Many people in this forum telling me the secrets that I never know. Just keep listening, reading...

downrange
12-16-2011, 05:19 PM
I just picked up a Mafia defense goal and confirmed the math for my case. So nice to know how it works!

My tactics won't change much as a result of this, as experience had already taught me [most of] the lesson, but I certainly will do at least a quick double-take when I notice fields of exactly lvl-1 def buildings in the future.

madawgg
12-17-2011, 06:57 AM
plz speak english here..

Lars
12-17-2011, 02:31 PM
I just don't understand why a game would keep this kind of basic information a secret from the players. [...]
Fully agreed! Another thing that suprise me it that the defence value shown in the profile seems to be used in no situation at all -- for being robbed, the defence from armed mafia is halfed, for being attacked the defence from the defence buildings is much lower. Looks like the number being pretty useless (except for misleading your rivals ;)). Or do I miss something here?

Lola Gets
12-18-2011, 11:41 AM
I just don't understand why a game would keep this kind of basic information a secret from the players. At the least tell players something, even if it's something vague like "Equipment will help you better defend against attacks, and def buildings will help you better defend against roberies."

Look at this from a layman's standpoint:

"I'm getting attaked a lot and losing, I should build some defense buildings to raise my defense number."

From what the game tells you, which isn't much, this strategy should make perfect sense. But in reality defense buildings barely help at all against PvP attacks. So someone spends precious time and resources persuing this until they realize through experience that they just wasted weeks if not more of game time.

Whatever, I'm probably missing it, but I'm sure this somehow translates into Funzio selling more gold.

It's a weird strategy, but it works. Look at all of us who are spending hours a week trying to figure out this game. Frustration with the unknowns hasn't driven any of us away and has actually kept some of us more interested.

We've all got to look at it as an advantage. Being forum readers, we just got a good bit of information that can enhance our playing styles in ways most the average players won't ever have. It's an advantage until of course Funzio decides to change everything again...

Whatever happens, I am pretty sure that Funzio needs to use this forum for recruiting. It's one thing to create a system, but to be able to deconstruct it, analyze it, draw conclusions, and communicate those conclusions to us laymen is pure genius. Honorary degrees (if not high paying jobs) should immediately be given to jlhy and Tramp Stamp, to name a few.

Ghost3
01-06-2012, 08:35 AM
So anyone know how a sPam account gets 12 posts without being banned?

Thanks for the info, has gotten me to start building fields of gattling turrets and stop upg'ing def buildings

Rarelibra
01-11-2012, 05:54 AM
for the love of God, someone please delete this thread.

Anubis
01-12-2012, 03:44 AM
I need a drink....

SupremeFaze
01-15-2012, 07:28 PM
good thread i always wanted to kno the math

Swifty
01-22-2012, 04:59 AM
Try not to be intolerant of our junior members from Singapore.

They are people, too.

Well, except the ones that are bots.

Synergy
01-23-2012, 02:54 PM
I'm still looking for some kind of official response from Funzio on this. I mean what was pointed out was a big deal for those of us who spent all that time, money, and effort to buy 30+ (32 in my case) Body Guard buildings and upgrade them all to level 10 because of what we were seeing on screen (which, in this case turns out to be completely inaccurate). All I've seen so far is that "our math is wrong". Well the on screen numbers are wrong too, in a way that gives us a lot less defense than we thought we were paying for. The majority of players don't use these forums and dont even realize the on screen numbers are wrong. Most players that know about this aren't even purchasing any defense buildings any more. I know I won't unless something changes. It just doesn't seem right to me.

SupremeFaze
01-24-2012, 03:38 AM
Try not to be intolerant of our junior members from Singapore.

They are people, too.

Well, except the ones that are bots.singapore is effin cool but to expenisve

Fricco
01-24-2012, 05:39 AM
seriously how much longer can this crap go on ?????
i learned more about this drug then how to defend my hood.
WTF !!!!!

whocareswhatmynameis
01-24-2012, 12:54 PM
^^ why is this spambot fixated with this thread? :confused:

Synergy
01-24-2012, 12:57 PM
^^ why is this spambot fixated with this thread? :confused:

I don't know, but I think I'm going to make a separate post specifically for my last post in this one because it seems like an issue that has just been dropped and none of us ever got any real explanation.

Synergy
01-24-2012, 05:56 PM
Lol spam bot you can bump this thread as much as you want. As a matter of fact, can we get this biatch sticky'd ? This is stuff everyone needs to know. Probably one of the most relevant threads when it comes to spending money in game, minus all the spam. But hell if it draws attention to the original point, then please spam away.

Swifty
01-25-2012, 06:05 AM
We need a moderator.

whocareswhatmynameis
01-25-2012, 08:12 AM
rivyExtiffbit: 62 posts. that must be a record for a spambot.

Dr BoneCrusher
06-24-2012, 03:12 AM
Newer players need to read this older stuff

PawnXIIX
06-24-2012, 04:05 AM
Hm. Somebody direct sparticus over to these threads so he can add them to the updated best of the best.

pqtcruise
01-22-2014, 01:43 PM
Hi I am new to the game,

I am still trying to understand the game, When i am trying to attack people, i noticed i lost often I tried to figure out why. I realized with the profile. at level 8 i am 300 atk/def. Then most other people else are over 2000 atk/def I am lost as to how they do that. How to i raise it to that level? I tried add mafia. I have 40 so far but it haven't raise much.

Can anyone give me tip?

769 673 409

CJ54
01-22-2014, 01:46 PM
There are some much more recent threads on this than the ones from 2011. Please do not reply to really old posts, that is called "necroing" and is against the forum rules.