PDA

View Full Version : Hood Cost

schnuffler
12-15-2011, 02:50 PM
I have a quick question, and then some thoughts on buildings and their cost relative to my hood.

What is the initial size of the hood when you first join the game, and before you've expanded it at all?

One of the available spreadsheets seems to say it's 10x10 squares. I've tried to back-calculate from where I am (subtracting multiples of 4 from my current hood size), and I can't seem to get to that size.

The reason I'm interested, is that I've been trying to calculate a $ per hour per building square figure for my buildings. What I want to do is use this figure when trying to decide whether to expand my hood, or replace buildings with newer, higher income buildings.

I'm lvl 103 in game and have a $50,000/hour income, so I'm doing ok. My next hood expansion is $1mill.

I've followed the ROI thread, which has had some awesome info in it. I also read nugget's comment about his main target being pure $/hour. For me, both of these resemble my choices to some degree.

I'm at a point where I want to make an informed choice about whether to sell a building, or expand my hood to find room for a newer bigger building. So what I want to do is put something together that says how much each building square costs for each of my next expansions.

Syn
12-15-2011, 02:59 PM
This is very interesting, really can't wait to see what you come up with. I can confirm you start with four 10x10 building spaces.

dudeman
12-15-2011, 03:03 PM
I tried getting an answer to that in a different thread. I concluded that I should go back to not caring because I was doing better and finding more entertainment with this game when I just let anarchy rule. So once again I'm doing pretty much whatever, whenever I can, and once my hood fills up I expand it and play hood tetris in an attempt to use all the space available.