PDA

View Full Version : Should I sell my shoes store?

Ram
12-15-2011, 02:53 AM
It's the only 8 hour building I have...

Anubis
12-15-2011, 02:59 AM
Can do...

Its not a very good income either unless its upgraded a cople of levels. I will sell mine when I need the space, I only ended up buying it to comeplete the quest.

deuces
12-15-2011, 03:06 AM
Dont want to hijack too bad, but what about thoughts on selling the shoe store vs selling the clothing store? both level 1, need space to build a loft. I think the clothing store and the loft are the same footprint so i'd prefer to sell that if they're even.

Also, i'd only sell your shoe store if you have something better to do with the space. If you have plenty of space may as well leave it there, they dont get robbed a ton, and i assume you play often enough to make it worthwhile.

Max Power
12-15-2011, 04:42 AM
You will eventually sell both of them.

Anubis
12-15-2011, 05:30 AM
Clothing stores are only good for the respect farmers robbin you.

Cooz
12-15-2011, 06:24 AM
Kinda seems like retail stores (clothing, shoe, electronic) suck, huh?

rustbinlid
12-15-2011, 04:32 PM
Is there no one on this forum trying to get 2 of every money building? And all upgraded to level 10 eventually?

Duke.0
12-15-2011, 05:23 PM
I sold my shoe stores and now roll with 12/24/48 buildings only.

Yes, the electronic stores suck, their income is bad for the time it takes to level up. I have mine at level 3, and that's where they are staying, not pumping any more money into them at all. Not going to delete them, as i make 2000 from them, but there is little point to leveling them higher IMO.

whocareswhatmynameis
12-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Is there no one on this forum trying to get 2 of every money building? And all upgraded to level 10 eventually?

that's how i started initially, but realized that it would take years trying to build every building and upgrade to level 10, not to mention the exponential space limitation with hood expansions. another consideration is return on investment vis-s-vis collection time- i felt it would be wise to invest in 12/24/48 buildings (credit: nycpizzalover). i figured i could achieve near 100% collection rate compared to 3/6/8 buildings where 50% is considered a rosy estimate for my game style.

Imsuperduperawesome
12-15-2011, 06:07 PM

I know I am. I dont buy gold buildings, so I have 2 of every building, so far. up to level 80 i think.

Tramp Stamp
12-15-2011, 06:12 PM
It would about a decade to get everything to level 10, and that's assuming you keep your upgrade queue full the whole time.

Cooz
12-15-2011, 06:21 PM
It would about a decade to get everything to level 10, and that's assuming you keep your upgrade queue full the whole time.

I bet you could buy a boat load of Katanas with a decade's worth of perfect collection...

xclusiv
12-16-2011, 02:44 AM
the moment you start think about should you sell it, then sell it cause it will just bother you after a while. there are plenty of better buildings.

schlumpf
12-16-2011, 02:58 AM
I also tried to get two of each money building, and expanding as fast as I could. The only things that are annoying me are the laundromats and 1-hour-buildings, especially the sports bar of which I have only one at level 1. Certainly no intention to sell shoe stores or similar! But as my bank calance is rather low, there is no need to hurry :)

emcee
12-17-2011, 05:40 AM
Buy 2 of every building and level them up relative to the ROI of each, making a priority on the most lucrative payouts. Hood expansion gets expensive but I have seen many hoods that are really badly organized. Lots of empty spaces. Ideally the hood should have close to 100% filled before expanding. Even if hood expansion timing is off most players would be better off upgrading buildings in the meantime.

I don't think it is ever worthwhile to sell an income building whether you log in frequently or not as most of the low payout buildings occupy a relatively small floorspace. If you are running out of space because of leveling way too quickly its probably due to either having many defensive buildings or not planning hood expansion in a timely manner.