PDA

View Full Version : Cheating/Hacking?

angelica
12-14-2011, 09:47 PM
How do you tell if a person is cheating or hacking as opposed to spending thousands of dollars on the game? I was attacked today and naturally looked at the opponents stats and they either spent a lot of money for gold, or are cheating.

JMC
12-14-2011, 10:11 PM
You cant really tell most of the time unless they are doing something that is impossible even with the purchase of gold.

One give away though is that cheater really go to the extreme because they can. Large spenders on the other hand still somewhat limit themselves, so they will not get too crazy with their spending.

For instance, an obvious hacker ive seen came out of nowhere and in 2 days has like 11000 atk and def. (this was over a month ago and that was far above anyone else). He also did this through the use of units bought with cash and not actual gold units. His units were probably worth over 200 million alone. Then he also had a base with about 50 territories in it. He had the max of every building that was available to him and they were all levels 7-10. He probably had over half a billion dollars worth of stuff and thousands of gold worth put into expansions and instant upgrades. I guess he thought that if he didnt directly buy buildings or units with gold, people wouldnt suspect him.

Also anyone that has 0 dollars is most likely banned. They still show up on allies lists and rivals lists sometimes though.

angelica
12-14-2011, 10:18 PM
Hmm nice to know, thanks!

angelica
12-14-2011, 10:43 PM
I just added it up and it amount to over $800 spent that I know of through weapons. The person also has weapons that I don't show in any of my lists, and the are in higher multiples so I would think it is a loot. Also, they have units that are not available until higher levels?

JMC
12-15-2011, 06:24 AM
I know some people have units that arent available until higher levels or they have them without the required buildings. So far im not sure if that is some sort of cheat, or just a glitch in the game.

Dover
12-15-2011, 06:29 AM
Could they be getting them as a drop when they complete a task/quest?

angelica
12-15-2011, 01:31 PM
As far as I know, the dropped loot is different than gold items.

Mastermind
12-15-2011, 06:15 PM
Contact the support staff if you suspect someone of cheating. The link can be found in the help section. They will investigate and ban the person if found guilty.

youj
12-15-2011, 06:47 PM
Cheaters normally don't have any gold items. They have all money items and high level upgrade buildings. They also level up very quicky, if you see someone jump over 10 levels a day, he probably cheated.

If people are banned, they won't appear on your rival list.

JMS
12-22-2013, 11:31 AM
We just saw a level 161 with 200mm stats and all level ten blgs. Even the most powerful pirates aren't Ove 100mm so gree please explain how you intend to close down unit hacking which is apparently alive and well.

JMS
12-22-2013, 11:40 AM
pl*ny th* eld*r (name intentionally obviscated in accordance with tos). Offers on his wall to buy cash vaults for factions for real cash. Gree is getting robbed and so are we.

droffatsto50
12-22-2013, 11:46 AM
I hope you realize this thread was created over 2 years ago, because this is necro to the extreme.

JMS
12-22-2013, 11:59 AM
Weird that it came up on my first page

droffatsto50
12-22-2013, 12:35 PM
Well that is weird.. You should have noticed the date anyway but still something has gone wrong to get to your first page :)

Einszwei
12-22-2013, 04:00 PM
Thread necro! Where's cc mark?? Lolcats