PDA

View Full Version : extra spin cycle

NeonBlue
12-14-2011, 10:59 AM
I'm seeing something where my Supply Depots don't start their five-minute countdown until I log in. That is, I'll have been away from the game for a while (say, 20 minutes) and I start up the app. I assume that at least my Supply Depots will have some money for me, but no, they're not ready. I check their time left, and it's around 4:30.

I'm assuming the elapsed thirty seconds is about how long it took the game to fully launch and for me to click on the building for info, which would mean that the five minutes only began when the app was launched.

This happens maybe half of the time for me. I have looked for a pattern (e.g. does it happen when I exit the game from somewhere other than my home base screen), but I haven't found one. In fact, once in a while one of my Supply Depots will be ready to harvest and the other one won't be, which leads me to think that I won't be finding any obvious patterns or explanations.

At first I thought I was just crazy (did I forget that I just clicked on them? has time slowed down, and it only SEEMED like twenty minutes since I was last in the game?) but now I'm sure I've seen this. What I haven't tracked closely is whether it happens with any of the other buildings, but I don't think so.

And I have the sneaking suspicion that I saw something like this back in CC, but only on Laundromats.

It actually interferes with my strategy, since I leveled up my Depots in order to get quick money when I only have around thirty seconds to play.

Anyone else noticing this?

skunk
12-14-2011, 11:46 AM
Quick answer, get rid of em !
They're not worth anything in the grand scheme of things and just take up space.

Agent Orange
12-14-2011, 12:00 PM
Did this happen after a crash or did you just log out?

NeonBlue
12-14-2011, 01:17 PM
Heya skunk, I realize that the five-minute buildings don't play a part in some people's money-making strategies, but they do in mine (in both CC and MW). Having a quick and reliable $1600 waiting for me every time I log in helps with the bottom line. I like having buildings I don't have to think about or make plans around.

And Agent O, no it's not after a crash, just in the usual course of playing MW and otherwise using my iPhone. For example, I'll exit the game, talk on the phone for 20 min, and then after the call check on the game again...to find no cash waiting for me and 4:30 on the timer.

Tramp Stamp
12-14-2011, 01:51 PM
Lots of people talking about this lately. Has it recently gotten worse? It seems so to me, especially in Modern War. Here's the most recent Crime City thread on the issue, though with no developer feedback:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?13762-Collecting-time-for-laundromat-resets-.

This seems to randomly affect every building. For me, it's become highly irritating when I log in after an hour or so and see my Supply Depots at 4:59, my Armories at 29:59, and my Storage Silos at 59:59. And probably the Oil Derricks at 2:59:59 but I've grown too disgusted by now to bother checking. This game isn't nearly good enough to leave running all day and, besides, I have other things to do with my iPhone.

There's no "trick" either. Some say to let the counters run down a bit, but if I do that one building might pay out while the other's counter has resumed from wherever it was when I exited.

Tramp Stamp
12-14-2011, 04:49 PM
it's become highly irritating when I log in after an hour or so and see my Supply Depots at 4:59, my Armories at 29:59, and my Storage Silos at 59:59. And probably the Oil Derricks at 2:59:59 but I've grown too disgusted by now to bother checking.

LOL, just happened again. All of that plus the Weapons Factories. Literally 80% of my economy down the drain.

NeonBlue
12-14-2011, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the link, Tramp Stamp. I did a quick search of CC forums, but clearly not a thorough one.

And yes, I believe it's gotten worse in the last couple of days. I guess I'm glad it's not just me seeing this.

Agent Orange
12-14-2011, 05:39 PM
Hm I just noticed that too with the Supply Depot. Too bad we can't put this app in the background to do other things.

JMC
12-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Happens sometimes for my lower income buildings like the supply depots, armories, silos. Most of thr higher income buildings never mess up though

Tramp Stamp
12-14-2011, 08:35 PM
I'm 90% certain this has also happened with one or both of the Munitions Stockpiles or the Command Center. I distinctly remember thinking to myself, "Did I really collect from there one minute ago?" It's hard to tell sometimes because, at least when the game is running properly, there may be literally over 10 things to collect at a time, especially in the morning, when I'm too groggy to keep track of bogus counters.

looker
12-14-2011, 11:12 PM
happens to me all the time on both CC and MW. After I collect, I now log out and log back in to get the clock ticking again. I've also tried doing other activities like go to add members in the VIP list or something that makes my devices talk to the server to syn up. But the log out and back in seems the sure fire trick for me

skunk
12-15-2011, 12:06 AM
This is an issue on the phone not the server and must be to do with how the game exits on your phone.

If you think about it...

You can lose internet connection but still see supply depots count down in the application, so the time they are to be collected is stored on the phone - I would suggest this time is not correctly stored on exiting the application.
Try pressing the power button (top) to lock the phone while the game is running, then go back in 5 mins to see if it is OK running in background while phone is locked?

Maybe it's a memory problem or a file space problem?
Just a few things to considder or look at, for example, how full is your phone and how old is it? How many apps have you got?
I don't have this problem but I have a new and almost empty phone.

skunk

Tramp Stamp
12-15-2011, 12:27 AM
I have a 4S and habitually manually close apps so I don't think it has anything to do with the problem. Given the scope of the problem I highly doubt it's anything but a programmatic issue rather than a local one.

And yes, it works fine as long as the game is running, locked or not. The problem is a lot of us have things to do with our iPhones other than leave Modern War running 24/7. This is like the NES where we needed to keep it running overnight because 95% of games wouldn't save progress.

Obama4Pres
02-15-2014, 08:34 AM
Good thing supply depots are useless :D

I C STUFF
02-15-2014, 09:52 AM
I'm not sure. I'm just not sure.