PDA

View Full Version : More newbie questions

Raytheon
12-14-2011, 10:02 AM
Hi,
Just was wondering how to build a war factory, shipyard and so on.
I was never prompted to build these buildings .. Is there somewhere to choose to build them from?
Also how do you increase your allied attack and allied defence ?

skunk
12-14-2011, 10:14 AM
store>unit buildings.

Buy units and make sure you have enough allies to use them all.
Each ally uses 4 units, so if you have 16 units, have 4 allies.
Do not add more allies than you have need fr or you will be visible to higher level players :)
skunk

frenda
12-14-2011, 11:03 AM
So to add to the noob questions, is there a difference between raid and attack? I mean, I know they're different in the way you go about initiating them, but is there a difference in the outcome and how much you can possibly earn if you win? Thanks for any replies.

Duran Man
12-14-2011, 11:08 AM
you can do alot more w "raid" than you can with "attack". attack is more a quick fight
option, but with the right strategy tons of $$ can be made. choosing raid allows you
to view the rivals map, profile, and you can choose exactly what or who
you want to attack. i mainly use attack, but raid is nice because you can view the rivals
profile....

Dover
12-14-2011, 11:13 AM
Yeah, I try not to attack without viewing Raid first to see the stats of who I am going to fight. Attacking is a singal click action, over in a few seconds. Raid you choose what and how much you want to attack.

Does anyone know if the cost of raiding is higher than attacking? I would imagine with more reward comes more risk but I have not figuerd out which will be better once I start leveling again.

Also, can you get loot drops in raiding or is that just in pve?

frenda
12-14-2011, 11:14 AM
What's a loot drop? Is that from CC? I like the fact that you can pick the exact target in raid, like going after a munitions depot instead of a barracks, for instance.

Dover
12-14-2011, 11:17 AM
When I have attacked people and lost I click on there weapons/troops and could swear it said Can not puchase, item is a look drop. In PvE when sometimes when you kill someone or destroy something you get a soldier or a ship for example besides the money. I wondered if the same thing happens in Raiding so I know where to farm "extra items" when I resume leveling.

frenda
12-14-2011, 11:27 AM
I don't think so, but I'm a noob and don't know for sure.

Another question, I've seen players post screen captures of their results, how do you do that on an iPhone?

skunk
12-14-2011, 11:44 AM
So, to answer multiple questions.
"Raid">then attack the guy has same outcome as just "Attack", I don't know why the attack button is there, but I'm sure there are some monster players that are so sure of their own dominance, they just Attack, attack attack, looking for a cow.

You do not get loot from raiding buildings, at least I have never seen it and been plain a while, here and CC.

Screen capture on iPhone, press both on/off (top) button and menu (centre) buttons at once - works in all apps as it's hardwired into the phone.

Loot items are from following the story or from PvP attacks - and yes, when you click on them in a rivals list it will say "cannot purchase"

frenda
12-14-2011, 12:09 PM
Very cool, thanks skunk!!!

Raytheon
12-14-2011, 01:38 PM
Sry, but I can't seem to find the buildings anywhere( war factory, and such)
After I go to store. I have 6 options ( specials, money buildings, defense buildings,expansion, extras, and units.
Are they in a different location?

Palmer
12-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Sry, but I can't seem to find the buildings anywhere( war factory, and such)
After I go to store. I have 6 options ( specials, money buildings, defense buildings,expansion, extras, and units.
Are they in a different location?

6 options? You should see this in your store.
http://i.imgur.com/L9jbD.jpg

rarry13
12-14-2011, 07:42 PM
how do you add alliance's, it states there is three request but I can not add them how is this done thanks

Raytheon
12-15-2011, 05:12 AM
Ya I only have 6 options in the store screen . I don't know how to upload a photo from my iPhone onto the forums , bu I dont have the unit building option ..:(

frenda
12-15-2011, 07:14 AM
I can't get more than 18 of my allies to show in my list, whether I go thru the "Add Allies" tab or through the "Visit Allies" tab on the second page of "View More". Anyone with a solution?