PDA

View Full Version : I don't like the gold players but the gold players like me

duder
12-13-2011, 11:01 PM
I'm trying to shift my strategy around a little to be able to contend with the (seemingly) endless number of players who have spent copious amounts of gold on this game.

The keys to being able to tackle folks with a unit advantage are (and this would apply to going up against higher level/higher alliance opponents):
1) Upgrade economy to be able to afford (much) better units
2) Upgrade unit building capability to be able to build (much) better units

My take is the efficient approach is to always apply upgrades to money buildings (don't upgrade unit or defense buildings), then buy an advanced unit production building (elite facility, robotics facility, dry dock, or advanced airbase) and deck your allies out with the level 1 unit that has the best ratio of defense to cost while making allowances for casualty rates. To get the most out of this, I was wondering if anyone knew the casualty rates on the lvl 1 units for the ground, air, and sea advanced units:

Anti-Aircraft Vehicle
Harrier Jet
Stealth Boat

Disclaimer: There aren't really that many gold players, it's just of the 20 or so attacks I've had in the past week, it seems like the majority (like over 75%) of my losses are to players who have spent at least 700 bars.

misfortune
12-13-2011, 11:44 PM
Harrier Jet - medium. Bought few, lost all very quickly.

Agent Orange
12-14-2011, 08:54 AM
A lot of valor items seen to die easily.

I wonder if devs are playing, just checked out someone who has spent around $2000 maybe more on their base and units. Could actually be a lot more since I can't see if they used gold to speed up construction but in that case it could be a lot more.

I should add a thank you too.

youj
12-14-2011, 10:36 AM
If you want to be economical, don't attack use your expensive units to defend.

JMC
12-14-2011, 08:22 PM
The only people that have been able to beat me in the last few weeks have all spend hundreds, sometimes thousands worth of gold for their power.

I saw the guy u were talking about with over 2K worth of gold. Calculated that he's probably bought somewhere between 35000 and 45000 gold. Depending on how many constructions and stuff he sped up.

2000y2k
07-06-2014, 12:03 AM
Love the 2011 theme around the forum.