PDA

View Full Version : why did I lost my unit?

bio3
12-13-2011, 12:13 AM
Though I won by the fight of the attack, I sometimes lose a unit(Skeleton mark). why do I lose a unit?
I won!

alivine
12-13-2011, 05:25 AM
because you are a pathetic general thats why!

jonclau
12-13-2011, 08:46 AM
There is always a chance to lose troops. This is attrition in war.

skunk
12-13-2011, 08:52 AM
There is always a chance to lose troops. This is attrition in war.
Scratch the "chance" word - You always lose troops!

jonclau
12-13-2011, 08:54 AM
Not always. If all your troops have a low chance of being lost (the casualty rate), you won't lose troops as much as if your troops had a medium or high casualty rate.

skunk
12-13-2011, 12:01 PM
Not always. If all your troops have a low chance of being lost (the casualty rate), you won't lose troops as much as if your troops had a medium or high casualty rate.
Sorry, but youre wrong there. only applies if all your troops are gold!

The calculation will always make you lose troops, even if you completely outclass an opponent, you will generally lose troops. If you only bring low chance troops to the fight, you will lose them instead.

Read all the people complaining about this, or try reducing your mafia count down to 10 so you only use valor troops, you will still lose 1 or 2 per fight.

skunk

JMC
12-13-2011, 12:57 PM
When you completely outclass someone. Sometimes you will not lose any troops. Basically everyone under 2000 defence gives me a slight chance to not lose any unit. When the persons stats are under 1000 i actually beat them with no casualties about 60-70% of the time.

TenderPlacebo
12-16-2011, 05:13 PM
Scratch the "chance" word - You always lose troops!

Yup I just lost a frigate with someone with a 1/3 defense to my attack. Not a big fan of this game,I can understand some casualties but common a 32000 frigate with very low casualty. Mind you the guy had half the unit number I have.

zynshmily
12-17-2011, 02:53 AM
Well. When you attack someone, unless you are vastly more powerful than your opponent(say you have attack of 6000 and your opponent has the defense of 1000), the casualty tends to occur.
ok. those who oppose to this "stupid" setting, just remember, the others can do the same thing to you as what you do to others.
Now, my attack is around 6000, when i attack someone whose defense is less than 2500, i can avoid to suffer loss.
but when i attack someone with 3000 attack and 3000 defense, i will lose units 1 out of three times.
if the casualty goes what you guys hope, that'd be great. i can screw around without worrying about suffering any loss. is that what you want???
my attack/defense is 6200/7800, i'm prone to avoid to attack someone with attack/defense of 3000+/3000+ because of the concern of casualty.
its the same reason some ppl with 10000+ attack dont attack me that often. of course they can overpower me, but they will suffer some casualty themselves. its a big price to pay...
so this casualty setting is not that stupid that all. plus, since everyone is easy to lose units, it brings more money to the game developer.

zynshmily
12-17-2011, 03:00 AM
just think it through. if the casualty doesnt occur that frequently. some rich bastards can rly screw around and no loss at all... it is the chance of losing units that stops many powerful players....

TenderPlacebo
12-18-2011, 08:40 AM
There will always be greater and lesser players then yourself. I would be ok with rate, but the fact that Im losing valor and loot items I don't like. Im attacking someone with 1/3 defense to my attack why do I loose a valor unit. The game mechanics just seem a bit redundant,like chasing my tail. I mean it takes a lot of raids to get certain valor and loot items,then to just loose them takes away from game IMO. You even loose on missions; buy fighter jet to complete mission only to lose during mission. I mean how is that any fun.
I find myself just focusing on my base building economy up and collecting. It seems like they just want you gold, those are the only items you can't lose. I really don't mind losing units but would like it if it was more realistic, as far as stats and what casualty rate says VERY LOW etc.
Sure more powerful people will win against you but you too will be in that same position at some point. So it will all come back to you in end. I rather lose some of my bases income to a stronger player, at the expense of not losing units I spend a lot of time collecting. So I guess if they made your loot and valor items like gold items, then I would be more inclined to agree with lose rate.