PDA

View Full Version : Expansion Of Hood

Cheers
12-11-2011, 09:53 AM
Just Curious! The price of expanding the hood is getting exponentially more and more expensive till the extent of me selling away some of the lower income money building! Currently my current expansion cost me 400k! I know is not very much. But for me is way too high! :( What about you guys? What's the price of your current/next expansion ?

Syn
12-11-2011, 10:02 AM
Just Curious! The price of expanding the hood is getting exponentially more and more expensive till the extent of me selling away some of the lower income money building! Currently my current expansion cost me 400k! I know is not very much. But for me is way too high! :( What about you guys? What's the price of your current/next expansion ?

750k. I would recommend not selling buildings for money. Just keep saving, you'll get there.

Cheers
12-11-2011, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the suggestion! But don't you think some money building are just purely wasting space? Like arcade and collection agency. High ROI. Arcade is like totally ****! haha! Expensive to upgrade, + you have to keep collecting every hour to catch up on the ROI. Just my opinion! :)

Syn
12-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the suggestion! But don't you think some money building are just purely wasting space? Like arcade and collection agency. High ROI. Arcade is like totally ****! haha! Expensive to upgrade, + you have to keep collecting every hour to catch up on the ROI. Just my opinion! :)

I agree, that yes the ROI is very high. You will find that a lot of people here will agree that those buildings aren't worth the space. I, on the other hand, kindly disagree. I play often enough to where I can collect every hour. Now I don't own either of those buildings, but as soon as I have room for them I will build them.

Back on topic though, you are expanding for more room. But you are selling buildings, which creates room, to buy more room. Seems redundant to me. I have sold buildings, (mostly guard towers) to make room for better ones. I always make sure to make up for the building that I sell though (Income or defense wise). If you are having to sell buildings to expand, in my opinion, I don't think you are ready to expand. I am holding off on my 750k expansion, because I am focusing on building up my defense and income first. Doesn't mean you are a bad or good player, just one that can foresee what is coming down the road. :D

Cheers
12-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Hmm.. Okay. I got your point. But the reason I am selling off some of the lower income building while expanding. Is because I am completely packed without any space at all. Can't even shift the building around to fully utilize the space. Even when my expanding is done. The space is not sufficient for me to build a loft or crematorium. I plan to stopped expanding after building 2 more cremantorium and focus on upgrading the rest of my towers! I am Level 79 now btw! What do you think? For now I would rather spend the money on upgrading and building towers than expanding my hood next which is a whooping 750k! Ouch! haha!

Syn
12-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Hmm.. Okay. I got your point. But the reason I am selling off some of the lower income building while expanding. Is because I am completely packed without any space at all. Can't even shift the building around to fully utilize the space. Even when my expanding is done. The space is not sufficient for me to build a loft or crematorium. I plan to stopped expanding after building 2 more cremantorium and focus on upgrading the rest of my towers! I am Level 79 now btw! What do you think? For now I would rather spend the money on upgrading and building towers than expanding my hood next which is a whooping 750k! Ouch! haha!

Now we are on the same page. I have sold buildings to replace them with higher income buildings. This, as long as it doesn't become a habit, is a good strategy. (All in my opinion)

Towers are good, when you can't put anything else in the 3x3 space. I slowly got rid of all but 2 of my towers, replaced with Body Guard Agencies (25 Gold). They are a bit bigger at 4x5 a pop, but soooo worth it.

Cheers
12-11-2011, 11:18 AM
I don't buy gold! So I use those small gatling gun for my defense, as they can fit into those un-used little gaps. haha! Well.. Thanks for sharing about how you feel. I roughly have the idea what I need to do now. I need to CAMP for awhile, maybe a week or 2. Oh btw, you say we are on the same page? I don't think so! I am level 79 now. The highest level player I seen on my list is 83. You are 89 right! So yeaaaa.. I think a couple more levels then we may be on the same page! haha!

Syn
12-11-2011, 11:30 AM
I don't buy gold! So I use those small gatling gun for my defense, as they can fit into those un-used little gaps. haha! Well.. Thanks for sharing about how you feel. I roughly have the idea what I need to do now. I need to CAMP for awhile, maybe a week or 2. Oh btw, you say we are on the same page? I don't think so! I am level 79 now. The highest level player I seen on my list is 83. You are 89 right! So yeaaaa.. I think a couple more levels then we may be on the same page! haha!

:p I meant on the topic.

Camping is a very good idea, although I just don't have the patience for it. I haven't been hit by a high level yet, but I think it's because I only have 273 mafia members. If you can't equip each of your mafia members with the best of the 4 categories of items (Gun, Melee, Armor, and Vehicles), I don't see a need to expand your mafia. Unless of course you are going for the 500 mafia building, the Nightclub. And a spare 40 million dollars.. :p

Cheers
12-11-2011, 11:42 AM
For me, camping is easy. Because I play other games or watch TV. When is time, I will collect my money. Wow for 273 member, you are able to hit 11k def. That's quite awesome! I have 11k def too. But 575 mafia! I am lazy to decrease! I am not robbed often too. But once I got hit. I usually lose a couple of thousands. But is okay for me, since I am camping! I planned to get 2 nightclub before I hit lvl 90. I hope 2 months of camping is able for me to get it!

2Legit
12-11-2011, 01:23 PM
My last expansion I spent was 30 million (Expansion 24)...i know wtf would you waste money on that...but for me that's the only goal I have left listed and I'm getting quite bored, so most money are spent on useless things. >.<

rustbinlid
12-11-2011, 02:15 PM

Almost $4 million. And I think my hood is quite small.

Max Power
12-11-2011, 02:20 PM

ROI means return-on-investment. The building you describe are actually low ROI buildings. High cost, low ROI. I hope you are not in finance....LOL!

And yes, most people sell them off. Look at any of your high level mob members and see how many high income ones kept arcades and sports bars around.

Brent
12-11-2011, 02:51 PM
My next expansion costs $2,400,000.

Syn
12-11-2011, 03:05 PM
ROI means return-on-investment. The building you describe are actually low ROI buildings. High cost, low ROI. I hope you are not in finance....LOL!

Egg on my face, you are correct. I agreed with Cheers, I suppose I was thinking it was a high ROI because most people can't collect from them as often.

Babytway
12-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Next expansion 3.6 mil saving up to do it, a few more robberies i should be expanding by wednesday

K@le
12-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Next expansion 3.6 mil saving up to do it, a few more robberies i should be expanding by wednesday

I am on the same list for this expansion, for now it is a lot but that was 750k also when i had to pay for it.Now i collect about 600-700k a day.
I think i will for now start upgrading some buildings and stop leveling up when i reach lvl 100 ( i am now lvl 95 )

dudeman
12-11-2011, 04:52 PM
My next one is $400k. Pretty small hood compared to a lot of you guys. Seems about average for my rivals list though.

Nugget
12-11-2011, 05:15 PM
I recommend upgrading current buildings instead of expanding. I just spent 500k to expand but I'm at level 20. You are a a pretty high level and have a lot more buildings unlocked and available ti build, so I understand your predicament. I always invest money in upgrading and you will exponentially increase your daily income over time. Even early buildings such pizza parlor and souvenir shop can bring in about 40k per building per day at high levels. I collect about 300k per day not including my movie theatres. It is really personal preference and how you like to play.

Anyone know if there is a limit to number of times you can grow your hood?

Syn
12-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Anyone know if there is a limit to number of times you can grow your hood?

Very interesting question, would love to know the answer to this.

whocareswhatmynameis
12-12-2011, 09:11 AM
my next expansion is 1.5mil.

i am not actively trying to expand my hood at this time since i have built all building i want. i'm focused on upgrading the buildings i already own. i got bored the other day. so i moved my buildings around and constructed a park of sorts on a 10*14 area (1 entire block). it's a pity decoration options are really poor in CC. it seems our comments and suggestions have fallen on deaf ears!

Lars
12-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Next expansion will be 1 mil. Previous expansion was not useful at all as I hit a road. I knew before this would happen regardless of the direction of the hood expansion. I do not need the space right now (currently focusing on upgrading), just made sure I do not have to wait for several expansions next time I need it.

K@le
12-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Next expansion will be 1 mil. Previous expansion was not useful at all as I hit a road. I knew before this would happen regardless of the direction of the hood expansion. I do not need the space right now (currently focusing on upgrading), just made sure I do not have to wait for several expansions next time I need it.

My last expansion was 2,4 mil and the 1 before was 1,5 mil and i hit a road there too so couldnt do anything with it either lol.

Anubis
12-12-2011, 12:08 PM
But is okay for me, since I am camping! I planned to get 2 nightclub before I hit lvl 90. I hope 2 months of camping is able for me to get it!

Doing that isn't the best use of your time/$$$

For starters, if you got a night club at 90 you would become a huge huge target.

Secondly, Upgrading is fine. If getting 750K for an upgrade is an issue then theres no p[oint saving fora night club.

Thirdly, there are useless buildings imo - I sold 2 lvl 5&6 souvenier stores to build way better buildings. Some are rubish and imo selling them won't harm you. As you level up buildings become more and more powerful (in income sense). Carry on farming respect, fight loot items, and collecting income. The gentleman clubs at level 125 that do cost gold, provide a game changing income. Buff your mafia and if you are willing to spend some gold, buy a pair of gentleman clubs and you night club will take less than a month (including your currentincome).

Wakes
12-12-2011, 03:53 PM
If you are having trouble getting that little bit of money at that level then you are leveling up too fast and/or not spending properly. My next expansion is 1 million and I'm at level 50. I also stopped leveling so fast because rivals get stronger in the higher levels so you need the high income to get strong items to equip your mob.

Switch your strategy to upgrading your buildings one after another. For example if your buildings are all level one, upgrade them all to level 3 sequentially instead of upgrading only 1 building from level 2 to 10. This way you will upgrade faster (first 4-5 upgrades are much faster then later ones) to start getting more income per collection so that when the later upgrades take place that take a couple days and are more expensive, you collect enough money within that time to pay for the next upgrade. Once you have several high income buildings above level 7 you will be able to save up for those expansions in no time! Don't sell them off!

Also I found a very good guide on money buildings. I Try to upgrade type A buildings first since they have much cheaper upgrade costs.