PDA

View Full Version : Change in basic gold items

Anubis
12-11-2011, 08:25 AM
The usual gold equipment that can be bought at any time has been changed. The only piece I really liked was the Turbo Viper.

Turbo Viper, 60 Gold, A39 D23

the new car:

State Car, 60 Gold, A19 D31

If you try to buy a Turbo Viper from the loot after a fight, it just comes up as 'loot item unavailable for purchase'.

The two low price gold melee and armor equip are heavily beaten by easy to get respect items. The only decent one is the 50Gold gun A37 D21 but there is no real point in getting it with M4's and Sawn-offs.

Way to put off people spending R/M Funzio. I was hoping to add a couple more Turbo Vipers.

G Wiz
12-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Yea I agree. Round of applause for the return of the bolo though. Thought they killed that off

Syn
12-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Yea I agree. Round of applause for the return of the bolo though. Thought they killed that off

I can't bring myself to buy gold items yet, just too expensive for me. Of course I said the same thing about buildings too, so who knows.

Amber_
12-12-2011, 06:37 AM
I have two low price gold items that I bought in the beginning, but I regret that I bought them. I just don't get impressed by people with high stats that they only have because they bought a lot of gold weapons. It's like, "I don't have the skills to build up my stats so I pay Funzio to do it". Maybe I'm the only one who thinks like this, I don't know. Gold buildings are a whole other thing IMO.

KoolB
12-12-2011, 07:51 AM
No gold items yet for me... either weapons or buildings... have not really felt handicapped yet... and am hoping it stays that way as I level up... coz if I find myself unable to compete beyond a point with players stacked up on gold stuff I might just walk away from the game <sigh>... it's not a money thing... it's a doesn't-feel-right thing... and I kind of like Amber's logic above... it does seem like taking an easy way out... like taking the escalator when the real challenge is to climb the stairs...

I understand Funzio needs to make money eventually and this being a multiplayer game they cant put up an entry barrier like say an Angry Birds... so the basic app has to be free...

One solution I can think of is a one time charge at a higher level (say 80) that allows players who pay it to convert cash into gold... am sure a lot of us wouldn't mind doing that...

Anubis
12-12-2011, 08:08 AM
A handful of gold weapons won't make or break a player, and its sad when you see weak players who have spent money on gold items. I bought one expensive vehicle, and 22 Vipers, along with gold buildings. The addition of these items and buildings has added to the fun I have in the game. I like to imagine my MAfia going into battle lead by me in my Trick or treat, and then a solid force of Vipers leaving the rest rage in riding Yam bikes and driving mustangs.

I said in an earlier thread about this player 'Payam' who has spent $5000 on weapons. His stats are obviously manic but if he was stripped of his gold weapons, his att/def would be that of a really weak player. No M4's and a low amount of silver items etc.