PDA

View Full Version : Questions regarding Full Combat Gear

Syn
12-09-2011, 01:17 PM
It seems every time I am doing a winning streak goal, I hit someone that has 1-1.5k less defense then my attack (This is confirmed in the combat screen), and I still loose. The common item that these people have is the Full Combat Gear (12/27, 800 Respect). Not a lot of them, maybe 1 or 2. This has happened to me at least 10 times. Has anyone else encountered this?

I know that the difference is not a whole lot, but it is for the people that I attack.

Mb Tnk
12-09-2011, 01:20 PM
It's the 1 - 1.5k diff in def that is getting you, if you keep on attacking/robbing you will probably end up winning 50% or less of the time (plus you never know how much they have in def skill points). Increase your margin (spread between your att and there def) and you will win 100% or the time.

Syn
12-09-2011, 01:26 PM
It's the 1 - 1.5k diff in def that is getting you, if you keep on attacking/robbing you will probably end up winning 50% or less of the time (plus you never know how much they have in def skill points). Increase your margin (spread between your att and there def) and you will win 100% or the time.

Really? Even at my level? I'm pretty anal when it comes to robbing and attacking (go ahead and snicker :p). I would say I win 90% of the time when my attack is 6.7k and their defense is 4.5-5.5k. I do know that things are really going to change for me soon regarding attacking/robbing, but I didn't think I had got there yet.

Mb Tnk
12-09-2011, 01:31 PM
I have lots of Full combat gear and I still get my ass handed to me once and while (I have 25k def), people that have close to my def in att points (20% spread) will win 50% of time.

Syn
12-09-2011, 01:33 PM
I have lots of Full combat gear and I still get my ass handed to me once and while (I have 25k def), people that have close to my def in att points (20% spread) will win 50% of time.

Thanks for the quick replies, good to know!

Joeycool
12-09-2011, 03:38 PM
Mark has stated this in a thread some where... if you look at his posts you will see it.

It is due to the multiplier that is your att or def level, plus a random thrown in factor.

I really think that the whole att and def skill point thing has a lot more to it that people think.

Joeycool
12-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Here you go:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?9971-Attack-and-Defense-bought-with-skill-points/page2

Syn
12-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Mark has stated this in a thread some where... if you look at his posts you will see it.

It is due to the multiplier that is your att or def level, plus a random thrown in factor.

I really think that the whole att and def skill point thing has a lot more to it that people think.

I'm just waiting for one of the math geniuses in the forums to come up with the formula! :p

Anubis
12-10-2011, 05:12 AM
I would really think about skill points. The points on armor just add to the stats, it won't makea difference.

You won't start noticing differences with adding 10 or 20 skill points, you need to put focus on them. Match the skill point to the level you are and you will notice a difference. So Level 50? level att up to 50. You can use the additional skill points from level 5 map completions towards them.

617Pats
12-10-2011, 06:37 AM
It seems every time I am doing a winning streak goal, I hit someone that has 1-1.5k less defense then my attack (This is confirmed in the combat screen), and I still loose. The common item that these people have is the Full Combat Gear (12/27, 800 Respect). Not a lot of them, maybe 1 or 2. This has happened to me at least 10 times. Has anyone else encountered this?

I know that the difference is not a whole lot, but it is for the people that I attack.

Just being 1-1.5 diff in def less means nothing in a fight. Like Mb Tnk says you have to create some sort of percentage margin that works for you and that still doesn't guarantee you will win due to def skill points. For example I have roughly 8000 attack, I usually attack people with around 6000 defense because it is 75% of my attack. Buying explosives helps as a buffer in these situations also looking at people stats. If they have completed alot of missions possibly have alot skill points dedicated to energy and if they have a high win/loss ratio possibly invested alot of skill points to attack and stamina (maybe defense). Bad win/loss ratio probably assume not to many skill points on def. But in the end still a crap shoot because you don't know and thats the fun.

Max Power
12-10-2011, 08:41 AM
I'm just waiting for one of the math geniuses in the forums to come up with the formula! :p

I won 6000 fights in a row. Just be more selective in whom you fight. And use my patented Molotov Cocktail canary in a coal mine strategy.

dudeman
12-10-2011, 07:45 PM
I just had that happen to me. So I went looking through the items used and immediately saw a gun I didn't recognize. I tapped it and it turned out to be a dual machine gun. Nothing wrong with that, it's not even as powerful as an M4A1, but what really got my attention is that it costs $2,800,000 and you don't unlock it until level 98.

Seeing as the rival I chose to fight was at level 76 and I had just won 8 fights in a row, either this person is cheating, or it's somehow possible to get weapons from the store without unlocking them, or, I assume, paying for them.

Player's name is "plbhcvv" if you ever get a chance to check.

Mb Tnk
12-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Not cheating, you get that gun for completeing a goal, I don't remember which.

Certes
12-10-2011, 07:50 PM
Yep, I got that one LOOOONG before I unlocked it.

Same as RPGs, Chain Whips, and Exceleros....you get them as rewards prior to their being unlocked.

dudeman
12-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Really... Ok, so then it's just possible to get items from the store without unlocking or paying for them.

That makes another thing to add to the "wth CC?" list. Sure I guess it's nice to get a $2,800,000 freebie, but for completing a goal... Wy don't they make special weapons just for goals?

I think these Funzio developers must get a kick out of making people ask wtf all the time. Lol

Mb Tnk
12-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Asking wtf, is what gets most to spend money... it's the business model.

dudeman
12-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Asking wtf, is what gets most to spend money... it's the business model.

That's fine, as long as they realize that it doesn't work on everyone. I'm not putting money into a free app. The idea of doing so just doesn't make any sense in my head.

Buuuuuut anyways.....

Full combat gear.

Max Power
12-11-2011, 07:50 AM
That's fine, as long as they realize that it doesn't work on everyone. I'm not putting money into a free app. The idea of doing so just doesn't make any sense in my head.

Buuuuuut anyways.....

Full combat gear.

That's fine, it's a free app to you.

I thought the same way at first, but I realized I am spending hours enjoying this game, I didn't even buy Modern Warfare 3 for my PC this fall, so I spent that money on gold instead. Now I am at a complete 180, where people who complain about the game while using Funzio's servers and bandwidth are starting to annoy me. Not you dudeman, you bring value, but people who just come here just to ***** about something. It's like if you don't have any skin in the game, why should I listen to *****ing...LOL!

Tramp Stamp
12-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Keep in mind that the business model also requires a relative sea of non-gold players to beat up on. Crime City would have burned out long ago if it became solely an arms race between cash spenders.