PDA

View Full Version : What am I missing here?

CharMo
12-09-2011, 07:21 AM
So I've been playing this game every day for just over three weeks now, am at Level 30, have 1400 attack and 1600 defense. I have 700 allies, and 450 units, and thought I had a reasonably good army. Here's what I don't get: every night, I get attacked or raided a bunch of times and 9/10 times I lose, and I lose a stack of cash and units. I have a range of units, several defensive buildings overlapping my money buildings, but it doesn't matter. Okay, so I can accept a higher-level attacker whupping my butt, but it baffles me when I see a level 28, 27, etc. destroying me. I'll look at their stats and see stuff like 6000 attack and 7000 defense. Is it really that people are spending stacks of cash on high-priced units? These guys with huge att/def scores (I saw one that was at 10k/10k) almost always have two or three raptors, two nighthawks (never one, always two) and several ssgn subs. There's the occasional level 60 guy (which is crazy in itself the speed they advanced) but generally they're people around my level with insane scores. I find it hard to believe that people will spend $100-200 on this game.

I thought I was playing the game right (building my army, completing missions, upgrading buildings, attacking others) but there are people so far beyond me that I feel like a dumbass. I'm seriously on this thing several times a day, but most of it now is spent picking up cash and repairing my buildings because I'm waiting for that multi-hour upgrade to complete.

Is there something I'm missing?

Agent Orange
12-09-2011, 08:01 AM
My off the top thought is that you added too many allies vs the level you are at. This pushes you into the rivals lists of people who are much stronger than you. You are probably showing up on my radar at the moment so I could be one of the guys your are desribing as I've got quite a few players who have very low attack and defense scores but at around your level and lots of allies. The game seems to factor in both of these parameters which means you are screwed basically.

Also as I add more people to my own allie list (mainly people I have been raiding/attacking) that decreases the number of players that I have showing up in my rivals list. Someone explained that if the game can't find anyone close to your stats it starts picking the next best but that could mean you get tossed into a lopsided fight.

I have a friend in exactly that predicament, he's being non stop attacked because we all need to attack to complete the goals for the big valor bonuses. What that means is if you are weak and have the right number of allies or levels as there are two different goals, fight and beat x number of players at level x or higher, beat x number of players with x number allies, hmmm and a third, win x number of consequtive fights without a loss. So I can see someone harvesting attack points from you.

So far as I can tell repairing a building doesn't cost anything and someone posted it also doesn't seem to affect the building of units.

Ok so what can you do?

- you might want to stop adding allies for starters as that will keep bumping you into my gunsights and other higher level players.
- try and ask those wiping you out to add you, I get a lot of these and normally I add them because it does suck to get attacked all the time. But unfortunatly that is also part of the game.
-level up your barracks to L5 to be able to build medics
-add lots of transports if you can't build medics yet. Because of your high allie count building lots will help bolster your defense stats unless you are so under powered in defense that you are hpelessly out gunned.
-you could try deleting allies, keep an eye on the top left corner of that window to see what effect takes place. You will likely see these numbers drop. But you might also be able to drop off the radar by being less of a candidate for higher level atackers. The problem is though that as more folks add more players the pool from which rivals are picked decreases....so I'm starting to wonder if this is really a good idea.
-play your map missions, you can always go back and play them again. Some missions have pretty good cash, loot and xp pts. I'd prefer not to name these publically since the devs seem to like to change things and really screw up your strategy.
-build up your base defenses. Cluster your cash buildings around defense buildings for maximum effect. Also note the range of the defense as depicted by blue halo when you click on it. The jury is still out on how effective these things actually are and some are very expensive but I get a warm toasty building them for some weird reason.

Good luck, sounds like you need it....

Agent Orange
12-09-2011, 08:04 AM
Oh, and use your vault and at least build it up to 500,000. Otherwise you will be cleaned out long before you can buy/build the more expensive buildings otherwise you become a cash cow for oters.

whocareswhatmynameis
12-09-2011, 08:29 AM
I find it hard to believe that people will spend $100-200 on this game.

if CC is any guide, there are indeed people who spend hundreds of dollars on this game. but the good news is there are tons of people who don't. what you need to figure out is using your in-game cash and valor to maximize you attack and defense. downsizing your military footprint helps tremendously. as AgentOrange stated, and again I am falling back to my CC experience, smaller size keeps you away from players with 10K attack/defense stats. think of the mantra: LEAN AND MEAN!

Agent Orange
12-09-2011, 04:18 PM
I've been thinking about this problem since a friend is caught in this situation. I've been thinking out a solution so I'm going to call it monkey in the middle.

- I notice some folks get lulled into a false sense of security, eg same people are hitting him all the time so they are probably thinking he's toast so they don't check his stats and just hit attack.
- Newbies are also hitting him and I bet they also just hit attack.
- so I've been slowing getting him to upgrade his barracks so he can buy medics.
- also have him stashing as much cash as he can since he upgraded his vault to 500,000
- have told him not to accept any more allies but he is saving them as the game holds onto requests. He has almost 100 pending.
- got him to level up a couple of times to get more use out of units.
- he's already got a lot of transports but needs to squirrel away about 500-600 defense pts to make it work
- has anyone figured out if the Skills multiplier works, hmmm it may need to just be a high number as I have 55 attack and 55 defense in mine and that seems to allow me to win the odd fight when I'm actually outnumbered.

Now what I'm debating is whether to get him to buy all the medics he can afford or scouts or something else. Also have him building up his valor pts but it's hard to find targets that aren't already gutted or one's he can beat. Man it would suck to be in the middle levels so either try and blast to the top or build up everything and stay at the bottom. Seems to be the best way to go now that there are a lot more people coming into the game.

JMC
12-09-2011, 04:24 PM
Just about all the new players i find on my rivals list (assuming the newer american players) seem to be big time cash spenders. At least $500 alone for troops on most of them.

Agent Orange
12-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Now that is interesting.

One thing I'm noticing as I'm looking at his rivals list is that there are some major mismatches taking place there as well. I've got players with 400-500 attack and defense vs players with just under 4000 so these poor blokes don't stand a chance.

Granted I'm seeing that up in our level as well, sort of like dropping some chum into a shark tank.

JMC
12-09-2011, 07:13 PM
Yeah i dont know how the rivals work. Most of my rivals are from 1000-3000. And im sitting around 10000. They also dont have that many allies and are 25 levels lower than me.

There was also one instance when there were like 30 level 4-7s on my lost for about half an hour.

ronpaul
12-09-2011, 07:55 PM
As i said earlier, these guys from Funzio are clever. They are profiting from this big time. Anyways, the same people who end up buying everything early on with real currency would also be the same people who end up giving up on this game because it would get so boring since there's no challenge and they own everything already. The best you can do is increase your vault whenever you have the money to.

EpicNecro1
08-02-2013, 11:18 PM
You're missing your testicles.

Golf4life
08-02-2013, 11:19 PM
dude, stop being a tool
You're missing your testicles.

EpicNecro1
08-02-2013, 11:23 PM
Stop being yourself.

Golf4life
08-02-2013, 11:27 PM
but...that doesn't even make sense...
Stop being yourself.

Armand2REP
08-03-2013, 01:28 AM
So I've been playing this game every day for just over three weeks now, am at Level 30, have 1400 attack and 1600 defense. I have 700 allies, and 450 units, and thought I had a reasonably good army. Here's what I don't get: every night, I get attacked or raided a bunch of times and 9/10 times I lose, and I lose a stack of cash and units. I have a range of units, several defensive buildings overlapping my money buildings, but it doesn't matter. Okay, so I can accept a higher-level attacker whupping my butt, but it baffles me when I see a level 28, 27, etc. destroying me. I'll look at their stats and see stuff like 6000 attack and 7000 defense. Is it really that people are spending stacks of cash on high-priced units? These guys with huge att/def scores (I saw one that was at 10k/10k) almost always have two or three raptors, two nighthawks (never one, always two) and several ssgn subs. There's the occasional level 60 guy (which is crazy in itself the speed they advanced) but generally they're people around my level with insane scores. I find it hard to believe that people will spend $100-200 on this game.

I thought I was playing the game right (building my army, completing missions, upgrading buildings, attacking others) but there are people so far beyond me that I feel like a dumbass. I'm seriously on this thing several times a day, but most of it now is spent picking up cash and repairing my buildings because I'm waiting for that multi-hour upgrade to complete.

I am level 35 with 53k attack and 67k def. There are several active players in my rivals list with 20-30k stats at 50 allies. Most active players are over 10k. If you had played Epic Boss from an early level to 30 you would have stats over 20k. At stats around 1500 you are below even the lowest players I have seen at that level. No, people are not spending stacks of cash to get to 7000k stats at level 30. They are doing Epic Boss for free. You screwed up by leveling to fast and not getting event units. I suggest you stop whatever you are doing, drop 650 allies and start getting event units and rebuild an indestructible army. Quite frankly you have so far wasted 30 levels. If you have another device I would dump that account and start over.