PDA

View Full Version : İs stamina important?

Behzat
12-09-2011, 07:04 AM
Sorry for my newbie question but i cant do anything about it cuz im newbie in this game.im lvling up but everyday i learn new things in this game and it looks like i have loong way to go.My question is i know energy is important to complete quests and i think normally minimum 1000 energy needed for everyone.But what about stamina i know its used for attacking players Pvp but if im not attacking type too much do i still have to spend for stamina?
Also can you write some suggestions about skills i mean normally put .... Points for energy,attack,defence and stamina if i can get a few answers about it i will be very happy.Thank you all....

Joeycool
12-09-2011, 07:49 AM
Stamina is very important for some... not at all for others.

For me it is important as my strategy involves attacking other players. There are very few people who I cant beat in a fight. So I just blind attack people for the respect points. Then I spend the respect points on exceleros. My energy is 30 and I have goodfellas status. So I basically just blind rob 30 people every hour.

In the early stages some of the loot items you win from fights are dynamite!

For example:

Bloody AK 15 / 11
Stayer aug 7/6
Skull shotgun 18 /7
Nail Bat 7 / 6
boxing trunks 6 / 8
m72 rocket launcher 19 / 14
armoured police truck 4 / 19
lowrider 16 / 9

but there are loads more loot items.

So I say yes - boost your stamina. Attack lots of people. Get lots of great free equipment that will boost both your defence and stats and save you having to spend actual money on items. Plus you only get respect points from using stamina.

Respect points will get you the best non gold weapons!

Ghost3
12-09-2011, 07:51 AM
Some things to look at would be how often can/do you log in? Its what 3 minutes per stam regen? If you wanna maximize your timers for that just get enough stam to be almost full/full in that timeframe

I.e. You can log on every 30 mins, get 10-11 stam

Side note I went low energy/stam to lvl slower and maxed stats early on like atk and def but tbh it doesn't make that big of a difference, it's all about equipment and buildings... Stats are like a side note

Behzat
12-09-2011, 08:29 AM
Joeycool and Ghost3 thank you so much for your advices.im usually online collecting incomes etc :) i didnt spend too much time on attacking thats why i didt boost stamina i just boosted energy thats why i tought maybe im doing wrong and decided to ask to you.i have to slow down my leveling but i have to earn money too maybe it will be better to increase stamina and focus on pvp so i can slow down leveling and earn equipments instead of money.Thank you so much friends i think i got what i need.i need stamina just for pvp so its not late for me.At least for bosses we need energy so i can get some stamina whenever i want.Thx again friends you helped me a lot.

Fo Reelz
12-09-2011, 09:18 AM
I have 53 stamina and 2300 energy (Level 83) and that is plenty to keep me busy. I don't sit and play for hours, so 53 stamina points is plenty to give me about 10-15 minutes of play every couple of hours. When I level up, I only add energy now. I'm pretty safe from most attacks at my level, so I'm working to clear every map location and do the missions. I'm just short of 10,000 on Attack and Defense, which puts me in about the 75th percentile at Level 83. In other words, I win WAY more than I lose. I can rob buildings from players with up to 2,500 or so points more than me. But I'm very careful on my attacks because I don't want to waste my stamina on a fight that I'm not sure I will win.

That being said -- My main strategy is to use my stamina points to fight and rob for the respect points. As someone else said, the respect weapons and armor are much better than anything without spending real money for the gold items (and I refuse to do that).

If you find that your attack and defense aren't going up when you buy weapons and armor, make sure that you are building your mafia size to use all of those weapons you are buying. And ALWAYS buy the best weapons you can afford at the time. As you get a bigger mafia and more weapons, the lesser weapons get pushed down the list. You want to make sure that your mafia members have access to the most powerful weapons and armor.

Enjoy!

dudeman
12-09-2011, 09:21 AM
I have focussed on spending my skill points on mostly energy up to this point, but I'm going to start focussing on stamina for a little while because I want to increase my respect farming ability. So for the next few levels I will either get one stamina and ten energy, or one stamina, then two, then one again, and so on.

I don't want to forget about energy completely because right now it's taking me about a day to gain a level, and having my energy refill is very helpful for my job farming strategy.

Playing this way allows me to save most of my income for upgrading buildings, and the cash and respect I win from fights and job farming can be put towards stats.

Syn
12-09-2011, 09:51 AM
In the early stages some of the loot items you win from fights are dynamite!

I read this and was about to start looking for dynamite in my inventory. "HEY! I didn't get any dynamite!" :p

Anubis
12-09-2011, 10:03 AM
I.e. You can log on every 30 mins, get 10-11 stam

Side note I went low energy/stam to lvl slower and maxed stats early on like atk and def but tbh it doesn't make that big of a difference, it's all about equipment and buildings... Stats are like a side note

You can come accross hoods where you need 30 stamina to loot it all getting max $$$ and respect. Getting at least 25 stamina should be a must for any cc player. Fact of the matter is (unless you buy all gold weapons) without stamina to fight and rob you will be weak.

Energy is a waste after 1K. If you use 1K energy you have to wait 5 1/2 hours to get another 1K evergy. I got just over 1.3K but wish I had used the skill points above 1K in other slots. If you were to spend gold on an energy refil you also only get 1K.

Stats are pretty much unknown their precise affect, but considering your limeted severly buy energy regen, and 30-60stamina is enough for a good bash at respect and loot every hour or two any more ofeach seems worthless.

I guess it is level dependant too. In the lower levels your not going to need 30 stamina to bleed a hood dry, but by level 80-100 there will be times when you will.

Syn
12-09-2011, 10:20 AM
Energy is a waste after 1K. If you use 1K energy you have to wait 5 1/2 hours to get another 1K evergy. I got just over 1.3K but wish I had used the skill points above 1K in other slots. If you were to spend gold on an energy refil you also only get 1K.

I kindly disagree. I have 2020 EN, and I love it. When farming, it really helps. Also, if you are doing the story line and don't have the patience for jobs that are multi-hit.

I guess it is level dependant too. In the lower levels your not going to need 30 stamina to bleed a hood dry, but by level 80-100 there will be times when you will.

I strongly agree with you here. I have 37 Stamina, and it still doesn't seem like enough.

dudeman
12-09-2011, 10:33 AM
That's pretty well how I see it Syn. It's nice to have lots of energy for several reasons, and same goes for stamina.

Personally, I am wondering if it's possible to have enough energy so that using it all at once for farming earns you enough xp to gain a level. Infinite farming basically, and if you used up your stamina first you'd get that back too.

Do you guys spend ANY skill points on att/def? I have in the past but I stopped after I decided I would just use effortlessly earned money to increase stats rather than hard earned skill points.

Syn
12-09-2011, 10:38 AM
That's pretty well how I see it Syn. It's nice to have lots of energy for several reasons, and same goes for stamina.

Personally, I am wondering if it's possible to have enough energy so that using it all at once for farming earns you enough xp to gain a level. Infinite farming basically, and if you used up your stamina first you'd get that back too.

Do you guys spend ANY skill points on att/def? I have in the past but I stopped after I decided I would just use effortlessly earned money to increase stats rather than hard earned skill points.

Haha, I highly doubt you would be able to do this past level 20 (if that). As for the skill points on att/def, I have 4/2. Gave up on them a long time ago, but I suspect that we will see a shift in favor of them in a coming update.

Joeycool
12-09-2011, 10:41 AM
I think Skill and att points do make a difference.

I have put my last few level up points into defence... I have hardly had any problems with being robbed since!.

I havnt put much into energy because I play quite often and use energy as it becomes available. It takes all night to fill up about 1200 energy... so for me any more than that is a waste. So I may as wel put my points into the other attributes.

Like I say though... I wouldnt overlook att and def stats.

Joeycool
12-09-2011, 10:46 AM
I have 4/2.

I'm 81 and 72

I often blind attack people and often it turns out their defence is a couple of thousand higher than my att... and I win. (I dont risk a second attack)

I often see that I have been robbed/ attacked by people who have really good attack and they have lost. Much more so since I put effort into def points.

So there is definitely something in it!

Dorian Gray
12-09-2011, 12:02 PM
I think Skill and att points do make a difference.

I have put my last few level up points into defence... I have hardly had any problems with being robbed since!.

I havnt put much into energy because I play quite often and use energy as it becomes available. It takes all night to fill up about 1200 energy... so for me any more than that is a waste. So I may as wel put my points into the other attributes.

Like I say though... I wouldnt overlook att and def stats.

It's not a total waste when you factor in the level up energy refill.

whocareswhatmynameis
12-09-2011, 12:17 PM
is stamina important?

yes, but to the extent to which you invest your skills depends on your play style. if you like doing lots of fighting, robbing- then it makes more sense to focus on stamina. also, it depends how frequently you log in to play the game. for me, my goal is to allocate enough stamin and energy to keep me going for 6 hours. that way, i don't have to log in more frequently.

Behzat
12-09-2011, 10:10 PM
İm rlly glad to ask this here thx all.im just lvl40 i spent most of my points to energy until this time(1030 energy)so i think i will need stamina in the later stages of the game im planning to increase my stamina to 10 when i grow up enough and have better values in att/defence i can focus on robbing and attacking but now i still have lots to do and have a loong way to improve.Thx so much all.

Anubis
12-10-2011, 05:01 AM
The weapons you get from Stamina fighting, along with the weapons you get from robbing/fighting respect is what makes your player good if your not buying gold.

Farming 400 M4's is nice, but you still have 3 other slots or 1500 items needed to fill the other slots. The defence you get from pieces such as Police Armor and Armoured POlice Van's is valuable. The Melee weapons Butterfly knife and Police Batons fill up that slot nicely, and you don't get them over night. I've won 7700 fights and still get 3att minimum boosts from those two melee weapons.

With Energy, the only single advantage is the refil when you level, but then leveling up faster will leave you weaker each level so the advantage is in some ways counter productive. I can farm just as much with my 1370 energy as someone who has 2K energy. The guides talk about not leveling up to fast for a reason. Things might arguably change once you start seeing HL players but until then its always best to take time and equip as well as possible.

I'm beginning to think att/def skill points play a much larger role than we believe. Some people can attack players with more defence than their att happily whereas other people have problems attacking people with defence lower than their att. For all we know they might just have a 0 added to them in calculations which would make skill points a massive deal.

brutus beefcake
12-10-2011, 08:08 AM
I focus all my skill points on attack/defense these days. I have 1350stamina which is good for a solid m4a1farm session every 7hours, and 40stamina which is good enough to get a yamaha bike after every 2 sessions until i level up high enough for the exceleros. The only weapon i would consider spending money on (since weapons won from fights fills out the other categories) is explosives.

I changed my mind about explosives after trying them out to see how they work.

If you buy strictly attack oriented ones, refrain from robbing too much above your level, and keep your attacks on rivals to the "80percent rule" then you will never lose a single one, not even if you run into levels higher above you and they attack you/rob you blind.

Amber_
12-10-2011, 09:02 AM
As others already have said.. it depends on your play style. I have 63 in stamina, and about 1500 in energy. The reason for this is, you need enough energy so that it doesn't fill up completely during night, cuz then you loose energy. But it's just a waste to have more than that if you play like 3 times everyday. Stamina is something you'll need lots of, especially when you get to higher levels. There's two reasons for that, 1. you'll be facing huge hoods where you'll need a lot of stamina to collect(rob :P) everything, and 2. respect points gets very important (even more than in the beginning) and you'll need a kick ass stamina-level to just farm as much of them as possible.

But once again, it's totally up to you and your individual playing style. As you can see here everyone has different opinions because they play differently. My advice though is to skip the att/def-points in the beginning cuz you'll have much more use of the other too.
Hope that helped!

p19759
12-10-2011, 09:52 AM
I attack people, but rarely rob; and I play quite often during daytime (do not therefore need excessive stamina). Have over 2000 in energy, and use the energy store as a vault (as in Modern War), as well as farming. Whenever I need money for build/upgrade/expansion, I will exchange my energy for cash (via farming) and save a bit on the 10% bank charge.

Anubis
12-10-2011, 01:23 PM
Have over 2000 in energy, and use the energy store as a vault (as in Modern War), as well as farming. Whenever I need money for build/upgrade/expansion, I will exchange my energy for cash (via farming) and save a bit on the 10% bank charge.

If I understood that correctly, you are doing it wrong. However much energy you have (2K in your case) it is meant to be spent. Weak stats might mean holding up energy farming, but energy is there for missions and item farming. If you are holding onto it for some kind of 2nd cash bank then your going nowhere :(

(cash is the bonus form spending energy).

K@le
12-10-2011, 01:56 PM
What are skill points, where do they come from my energy is 100 and stamina is 5 is this not good ?
I am lvl 94

Syn
12-10-2011, 01:58 PM
What are skill points, where do they come from my energy is 100 and stamina is 5 is this not good ?
I am lvl 94

Dude! How did you get your stats so high!?! Teach me...

Dorian Gray
12-10-2011, 02:05 PM
I am lvl 94

You had me going there for a second. lol

p19759
12-10-2011, 03:46 PM
If I understood that correctly, you are doing it wrong. However much energy you have (2K in your case) it is meant to be spent. Weak stats might mean holding up energy farming, but energy is there for missions and item farming. If you are holding onto it for some kind of 2nd cash bank then your going nowhere :(

(cash is the bonus form spending energy).

Right or wrong... but I ALWAYS spend my energy. They NEVER get wasted if thats what you meant. I do normally hold up my energy for a little and getting one or two M4 A1s a few minutes/hours later should not make that much difference hopefully. The point is the money is now free of bank charge. Try adding up all your farm money bank charges 400*3000*8*10% = $960,000 = 1 Loft with change (assume 400 M4A1s, get $3000 for each farm & 1:8 chance getting a M4A1 in shooting game).

BTW, I gave up on missions until I get ~400 M4 A1s.

i.e. I spend my energy when either
1. I need the cash, or
2. My energy store is close to full, I don't need the cash for now and then I farm & bank the money.

Hope this clears it up.

dudeman
12-10-2011, 03:59 PM
So basically...

i.e. I spend my energy when either
1. I need the cash, or
2. My energy store is close to full, I don't need the cash for now and then I farm & bank the money.

Hope this clears it up.

Behzat
12-13-2011, 08:15 AM
Wow everythings clear now and thank you all for sharing information.The thing i understand is farming and attacking or robbing people have key role in the game.Yeah respect points equipments are seriously good but i think Anubis told about farming M4 A1 or something like that.where can i farm it any idea?

dudeman
12-13-2011, 08:33 AM
Wow everythings clear now and thank you all for sharing information.The thing i understand is farming and attacking or robbing people have key role in the game.Yeah respect points equipments are seriously good but i think Anubis told about farming M4 A1 or something like that.where can i farm it any idea?

Supposedly junkyard blue scrap box, boardwalk shooting gallery, and pier 13 shipping crane (the middle one). Pretty crappy drop rate everywhere right now it seems, but if it helps any I never found a single M4 at the junkyard.

Hastavairty
12-13-2011, 08:37 AM
Sorry for selection topic to leave a offer for all about imitrex 4mg
vioxx imitrex Simi Valley (http://groups.diigo.com/group/imitrex-cost/content/imitrex-cost-3800845) and purchase dog heartworm medicine imitrex imitrex samples Santa Clarita (http://www.cylonsrule.com/imitrexovernight) and imitrex in mexico imitrex drug class Santa Fe (http://members.f1qa.com/imitrexprice)Hastavairty: FDA pregnancy category C. It is not known whether this medication is harmful to an unborn baby. Before using Imitrex, tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment. Recommend: mexican imitrex order online Sioux Falls

Anubis
12-13-2011, 08:55 AM
BTW, I gave up on missions until I get ~400 M4 A1s.

I think 400 is a good aim, the same I have. The other 100 can come from other good guns in the game. Although M4's are greaT, sawn off's cost low respect and provide more att than M4's - farming them is arguable but lets face it - farming 400 M4's at 5 a day will take a while. Theres also RPG's on the higher end, the golden guns, and in the last 50 odd levels if your income is build correctly, good $$$ weapons.

Behzat
12-13-2011, 09:14 AM
Thank you Dudeman im sure it will help me thx again :)

dudeman
12-13-2011, 01:49 PM
No problem.

Unless I help you and you start attacking me in the game, then we have a problem.

Lol :p

martMode
12-13-2011, 03:46 PM
i believe stamina is important, but only up to a point. it depends on style of play and amount of time you can log in to expense them away. remember, there are only 200 levels and some 30+ maps, so the skill point allocation is finite.

there are quite a few posts regarding folks with lesser att vs def who can successfully win them and i am lead to believe it has something to do with their att/def skill points.

there were posts saying keep your att/def skill points to be at least equal to your current levels. this might be a good guide.

there are also some players out there who have great wins vs loses ratio. when i att them, even though their def is about 10% lower than my att, i can lose 50% of the fights. this leads me to believe they might have buffed up their def.

i guess the game is still fluid given the fact that it is real time. so, it depends on when we all reach level 200 and have a max cap on att/def (gold and non-gold players), then we will really know att/def skill points advantage.
meanwhile, for those who clock only att points will know they can beat most players while those who only clock def points can just sit back and see their wins go up (no respect coins for this though).

Behzat
12-17-2011, 11:25 PM
Lol no Dudeman i wont be that much crazy ;)

xclusiv
12-18-2011, 03:33 AM
stamnia is very helpful for leveling up aswell, unless your someone that wants to rob and fight people all day long you will never need more than 30 stamnia to complete all the fight rob missions comfortable and stamnia still fills up extremely quickly. even at 30 stamnia and goodfella i always seem to refill stamnia faster then i have enough time to spend it on good robbers