PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy the Condos?

Ram
12-08-2011, 10:22 AM
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111105163523/crimecityiphone/images/f/f0/Condos.png

$8.000.000 - Income 72K collect in 12 hours

What do you guys think? Should I buy it or save up to get the hotel?

Syn
12-08-2011, 10:28 AM
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111105163523/crimecityiphone/images/f/f0/Condos.png

$8.000.000 - Income 72K collect in 12 hours

What do you guys think? Should I buy it or save up to get the hotel?

The ROI (Return on investment) for the Condo level 1 is about 55 days for a tycoon. Whereas the ROI on the Hotel is 58 days. You can loot the Condo twice in a day for 158k, but you can loot the Hotel once a day for 313k.

I would wait and save for the hotel.

Brent
12-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Yeah, wait for the hotel. Much better I think.

whocareswhatmynameis
12-08-2011, 11:09 AM
i have a different take that Syn and Brent.

it all depends on your current level. assuming you just accessed the condo, you are level 108. you would have to wait till you reach lvl 122 to unlock the hotel. it usually takes me 1 or 2 days to level up. i think the threshold is even higher at your level, but let's suppose it takes you 2 days to level up. you will unlock the hotel in (2 days/level) * (14 levels)= 28 days... a whopping 4 weeks! think of all the money you could be making if you build the condo now. you will actually recoup half of the initial investment within 4 weeks!

Syn
12-08-2011, 11:12 AM

it all depends on your current level. assuming you just accessed the condo, you are level 108. you would have to wait till you reach lvl 122 to unlock the hotel. it usually takes me 1 or 2 days to level up. i think the threshold is even higher at your level, but let's suppose it takes you 2 days to level up. you will unlock the hotel in (2 days/level) * (14 levels)= 28 days... a whopping 4 weeks! think of all the money you could be making if you build the condo now. you will actually recoup half of the initial investment within 4 weeks!

Last time I checked, I believe he was in his mid 120's. Could be wrong though.

whocareswhatmynameis
12-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Last time I checked, I believe he was in his mid 120's. Could be wrong though.

my assumption was based on the premise that he just reached level 108. if he is in mid 120s, then he already has access to build both buildings. if that is the case, i would still be inclined to building the condo because of the slightly better ROI. besides, i generally don't like money sitting idle. if you are not investing (building, expanding or upgrading), it's money not well utilized. but it's a personal choice. it's ok if you want to build the hotel too! ;)

Ram
12-08-2011, 11:41 AM

I'm level 130!

whocareswhatmynameis
12-08-2011, 11:49 AM
I'm level 130!

that's great! as i stated in my response to Syn, there is probably little difference between the two buildings. condos have a marginally better ROI. my principle is to always be investing and not have cash on hand, so personally i would build the condo. i would probably have built the building earlier if i were in your situation. i'm sure you have reasons. but building the hotel is fine as well... =)

dudeman
12-08-2011, 11:56 AM
I have a similar question. Movie theatre, Internet company, or loft? I have saved more than enough for a loft maybe four or five times, but I always end up spending it on equipment to increase my stats, but lately I have been feeling like I don't have a high enough income to be able to afford more equipment. I just can't decide which of those three buildings to start with.

It would be nice if buying equipment didn't cause my stats to take wild leaps in either direction, that way I could buy only what I need and not waste money that took a long time to save up.

Edit: Nevermind. I think I'll go with the theatre.

Ram
12-08-2011, 11:57 AM
that's great! as i stated in my response to Syn, there is probably little difference between the two buildings. condos have a marginally better ROI. my principle is to always be investing and not have cash on hand, so personally i would build the condo. i would probably have built the building earlier if i were in your situation. i'm sure you have reasons. but building the hotel is fine as well... =)

I will buy the condos in the upcoming days :cool:

Thanks for the help guys!

G Wiz
12-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Go all in and build both!!! But if your cautious about spending, (lol), invest in the condos man...that ROI is quite attractive.

Joe Crime
12-08-2011, 04:31 PM
Definitly wait for hotel! Once a day is easier than twice to time and it takes less space i believe.

Syn
12-08-2011, 04:51 PM
I have a similar question. Movie theatre, Internet company, or loft? I have saved more than enough for a loft maybe four or five times, but I always end up spending it on equipment to increase my stats, but lately I have been feeling like I don't have a high enough income to be able to afford more equipment. I just can't decide which of those three buildings to start with.

It would be nice if buying equipment didn't cause my stats to take wild leaps in either direction, that way I could buy only what I need and not waste money that took a long time to save up.

I know you said nevermind, but I strongly recommend the theatre as well! Upgrade to level 2 asap, and when you have some spare cash level 3 is nice too.

G Wiz
12-08-2011, 07:33 PM
I know you said nevermind, but I strongly recommend the theatre as well! Upgrade to level 2 asap, and when you have some spare cash level 3 is nice too.I heard 4 is nicer than 3!

2Legit
12-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Condos are alrite, but the Hotel is wayyy better esp income wise. I have one so far and going for the second after I finish expanding my hood.

Ram
12-08-2011, 10:00 PM

Buy the cinema and upgrade it to level 3