PDA

View Full Version : Answers regarding casualty rates.

skunk
12-08-2011, 02:34 AM
So I'm sad and bored...
I've taken a spread sheet of all my raids (raids only) over the last 90 minutes.
53 raids in total, so it's by no means conclusive, but it does seem to be logical.
I never raid anyone near my stats - 20% below or less.
I keep at least half my troop count in infantry at all times.

Of 53 raids I have lost:
48 Infantry
7 Ground
6 Air
1 boat
Total cost of losses: $152,300
1 lost Sea Hawk for 50 valor
Total gain: $ 210,361
Gained at lease 53 valor, probably nearer 65.

So it does pay to raid - sensibly - minimum payout $3,000 if less, walk away.
You do lose fewer troops the bigger the margin between you and oponent, but !!! I did lose the 50 valor Sea Hawk attacking someone with < half my stats, so it is pure random.

As the game progresses and we get bigger and bigger buildings, I assume the losses won't change so the raiding payout will grow and get more profitable.

Hope this helps - happy raiding.

bredo2
12-08-2011, 02:46 AM
Well i must say that this differs vastly from my experiences. I guess how "expensive" your army is has alot to do with it. I for example have alot of frigates and tons of valor items. I have not written things down in detail like you, but i did spend 30ish stamina on raiding to do a similar math the other day. I came up with over 1k valor lost, atleast 400k worth of units and i raided about 150-200k worth of gold.

Obviousely it is hugely lucrative in the beginning when your army cost nothing and some buildings do pay out several throusand a hit. But at my lvl, currently 32, i cannot seem to gain any money from raiding at all, it is an overwhelming loss. And even more importantly all my opponents are 50% weaker than me or more! If i fight ppl only 20% or less below me i lose 2-3 units every single raid click.

skunk
12-08-2011, 03:04 AM
I'm lvl 29 and as I said - I keep a good amount of infantry.
Of course if you have only high end items, what do you expect to lose?

This is pure common sense mate.

I think, like real world, if you went into battle with only high end battle ships and no foot troops, you'd find you'll struggle. Best to keep a mix.

This does mean lowering your overall stats per ally, but you result in less wastage.
I guess, if you wanna raid - more is less!
If you wanna defend, less is more.

bredo2
12-08-2011, 03:31 AM
Yeah i totally agree there, but i do also carry 100+ cheap infantry as meat shields. And also one should not be penalized for having a strong army. After all, having a real strong army in the real world will lead to alot less casualties. It is not true that just because you have many men you should automatically lose more of them. On the contrary many men should be able to kill the opposing army fast without so much danger to themselves.

skunk
12-08-2011, 03:36 AM
You just contradicted yourself!
Meat shields only work if you actually use them.
So you either have lots of cheap infantry or lots of firgates ad valor items.
If you have 100 allies you're using 400 items, what percentage of your ""used"" items is cheap infantry?
This defines your percentage of using cheap infanrty.

bredo2
12-08-2011, 05:07 AM
Yeah as i said i probably bring 100+ cheap infantry into battle, 100+ realtively cheap air/ground stuff and then 200ish valor/expensive items.

Zyhpr
12-09-2011, 06:24 AM
Ok I need explanation on this casualty rate, I just lost 7 of my best units after the latest patch.
First was attacked twice w 2 diff rival, and won. I lost 5 units: avenger, citadel tank, Seahawks, shipyard destroyer, and heavy bomber.
I bought one commando, avenger and a chinook
Then I raided a lv 3 munition depot for 12500 gold (3attacks). I lost 1commando, and another avenger...rival has 100 defense, my attack are almost twice of that, close to 200 ish points.
Very very frustrating since I'm lv 12, weeks of hard work flushed down the drain. How could a dozen tree snipers with puny attack could destroys so much of my quality army?
It seems the only way to get a valor is to attack, raid or complete the goal atk mission, why did we not getting valor points when winning while defending? Since we are exposed to the same casualty risk?

JMC
12-09-2011, 06:39 AM
Id suggest not buying such expensive units, especially at lower levels. When you have a smaller army, its only logical that each unit has a higher chance of dying than if the army were bigger. For that reason, if youve got chinook helicopters and bradley fighting vehicles with an army of 100. There's a much higher chance of them dying than say me with an army of 1140. In fact, if i have under 15 of one unit they tend to almost never die. Ive got 60 medics and theyve actually all survived hundreds of fights as well. My units that die the most tend to be light gunners, scouts, rangers, army trucks and jeeps. Every so often and engineer, fighter jet and sniper will die. Then it is extremely rare for anything else to die other than my transports as i have 400 of them.

Zyhpr
12-09-2011, 10:16 AM
I disagree, I do have many tree snipers and other crappy unit too but when attacking or defending we do not get to choose which ones goes to the front line. The system decide auto which the best unit for that purpose. I have 4 allies, at lv 12 this means I only get to deploy 16 units, so is the person I attacked (so quantity was not a factor). What you said above is like saying, if you do not want to loose it, then don't buy it ??? How can you gain an edge in battle without quality unit??and what's the purpose of upgrading adv building if we do not get to use those unit anyway?
Perhaps ... I have a lousy luck? Maybe my troop was drunk or forgot to reload ammo? Maybe i got lemon avengers?

I m rethinking about getting 16 commandos as their usefulness does not prolong due to this stupid casualties.
On your advice about Bradley tank 7 /7 stat is okay,not great tho, but cheap I can buy 2 of these at 35000 instead of 1 commando at 85000. So is everyone else will have these ....

Mark where art thou?

Zyhpr
12-09-2011, 10:33 AM
JMC, i re read your response....your perception might apply for player that can deploy many unit in battle. For a low level, with only 16 quality units like me it may not apply.

JMC
12-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Id suggest adding more allies than. And my post applies directly to yor situation, even more than i expected.
If you can only deploy 16 units and you have expensive quality units than the chances of losing one of them increase immensely.

Now here are the calculations *assuming all units have an identical casualty rate*. You have 16 units so the likelihood of losing any of those units would be 6.25%. If you had your maximum capacity of 240 units the chance of losing each unit drops to 0.42%.

Also do u have more than 16 troops? If so than your most powerful troops are the only ones being used. Therefor they are the only ones that can die. And therefor everytime you lose a unit it will be a stronger troop.

Im not at all saying to never buy higher quality units but at a lower level you should be stocking up on cheaper, lower quality units. If you had you max capacity of 240 units youd be obviously MUCH more powerful regardless of the quality of unit you are using. Then you may buy some quality units to boost your stats, because if you have 100 cheap units they are much more likely to die and therefor reduce the loss from battles.

skunk
12-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Spot on JMC.
Poor Zyphr is going into battle using his top 16 troops and leaving the crappy ones at home safe.
No wonder the top 16 die!

You need to have 40% of your "deployed" army made up of infantry, 30% Ground, 15% each air and sea.
These are estimates but they work for me to lose mainly ground and infantry (about 90% of dieing troops).

So if you have only 4 allies, you have 16 troops "delpoyed" so 7 should be infantry, 5 ground, 2 each air and sea !!
Bigger allies are better.
Sorry but lying low like CC does not work in MW !
Make sure you have lots of lG and Scouts and max out your allies so every unit in you arsenal is used, this way you can manage it better.

Zyhpr
12-10-2011, 03:30 AM
Hmm I see. Thank you JMC... I'm changing my strategy. Recruiting allies opens another can of worm ...lol. I'm getting several better money unit....

heath4pack
12-12-2011, 07:22 AM
I always seem to lose higher end items regardless.

Especially the PvP loot and valor items. Does not seem to matter how powerful or weak the opponent is either.

skunk
12-13-2011, 08:54 AM
I always seem to lose higher end items regardless.

Especially the PvP loot and valor items. Does not seem to matter how powerful or weak the opponent is either.
You probably have low ally count!
If you want to PvP max out allies and infantry !

Agent Orange
12-13-2011, 09:44 AM
You probably have low ally count!
If you want to PvP max out allies and infantry !

Um no, only if your at a higher level, otherwise adding allies will bump you up to an even higher level with more powerful players. Granted there are a few clever one's out there who are keeping their ally count LOW so they can attack the much weaker players in those levels.

EpicNecro1
08-02-2013, 11:27 PM
AO is right.