PDA

View Full Version : Are defense buildings worth getting?

dgoldblatt633
12-07-2011, 09:28 AM
I have all the defense towers I can get ( five ), and they don't seem to prevent me from getting my ass kicked during raids. Would my money be better spent on getting a bunch of cheap units that are expendable? I don't do a lot of P2P attacks or raids unless I need the experience to level up. I'm at level 12 right now and I'm focusing on maximum money income.

Tramp Stamp
12-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Depending on your income, load up on either Engineers or Transports. You can use up to level x 5 allies x 4 units, so if you have 60 allies you'll be able to use up to 240 units. If money is tight, I suggest dropping the number of allies to the level where you can optimally equip. Doing this will also reduce your exposure when it comes to rival lists.

Popeye The Sailor Man
12-07-2011, 09:43 AM
So far yet to find a use for them... Maybe One day there be chanaged to effect total defence not only building defence for a few buildings

looker
12-07-2011, 10:50 AM
So i havent built defense building yet, but someone said there is a blue radius highlighting the area they protect. As you upgrade the defense, does the radius grow?

Certes
12-07-2011, 11:44 AM
No, it doesn't.

Duke.0
12-07-2011, 01:14 PM
I have several Towers and they don't seem to prevent robberies. Every time i have been robbed, the person has higher stats / more allies then me.

unggubrian
12-07-2011, 02:12 PM
I have several Towers and they don't seem to prevent robberies. Every time i have been robbed, the person has higher stats / more allies then me.Someone named Duke attacked me and was the nation UK, is it you? :P

2Legit
12-07-2011, 02:15 PM
So, if those defense buildings don't protect you from raids and fights, how do you protect yourself then? Other than buying golds.

I've noticed it as well, that upgrading def buildings is pointless, even though, I still continue upgrading them >.<

Agent Orange
12-07-2011, 02:45 PM
So i havent built defense building yet, but someone said there is a blue radius highlighting the area they protect. As you upgrade the defense, does the radius grow?

No, they still keep the same range but increased defensive score.

Agent Orange
12-07-2011, 02:52 PM
I have several Towers and they don't seem to prevent robberies. Every time i have been robbed, the person has higher stats / more allies then me.

This seems like the 1000k question, I built towers when I first started to play because I was getting raided all the time. Once I built them the attacks continued but the attackers were starting to loose.

The biggest mistake I see with the defensive buildings is that people aren't placing them properly, in other words their money buildings are outside the range indicated by the blue halo. Instead they are placing them so they look purty which means they aren't protecting anything.

I've grouped my defensive buildings in the middle of of the money buildings keeping in mind the range they have, I also group several defensives in a cluster so that they overlap the same group of buildings. Too bad my base raid stats are not recorded but since I started doing this I notice player with much higher attack values loose when attacking my buildings.

I think there is a point at which a rival will have so high an attack value that they will win a raid.

JMC
12-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Im pretty sure that they do contribute to your overall defense. One particular player i saw bought tons of emp cannons and other defense turrets and his overall defense eas atleast 1000 over what his troops showed they should be.

Im sure they also help protect the buildings in their radius but i guess its nothing significant.

wupuck
12-07-2011, 10:19 PM
I would vote No. If you have a strong Alliance Defense you'll be fine. then again, I've gotten past my buildings being robbed/raided (my hourly income is so high for my level; it doesn't bother me if folks actually succeed at robbing me; they'll run out of Stamina before they can get all my builidings (that or the game will crash first)

looker
12-07-2011, 10:42 PM
wupuck, I bet thats a good strategy for low levels, but sooner or later the people who invest in stamina will be all over you. But as you point out there's always the crash plan :)

EpicNecro1
08-02-2013, 11:05 PM
No.........