PDA

View Full Version : Combat mechanics

misfortune
12-06-2011, 11:48 PM
Can someone please explain the combat mechanics (formulas), as I'm seeing things that seem rather dumb to me.

This is all for alliance size 1, level 17 - my Att: 92, Def:86. I get continuously successfully raided by a guy that has Att: 48, Def: 96. He even succeeded in raiding a Lvl.4 Munitions Stockpile level 4, surrounded by a total of Def: 9 in defensive buildings (all in range). And I dont even win a single defense fight against this guy??? If that is how this game works, it's insta-delete...

I even got successfully raided by a guy with 35 in attack rating...WTF???

skunk
12-07-2011, 03:47 AM
You need to read forums mate!!

He may have invested in attack points and nothing else.

Attacks and raids seem to be much more random here than the well defined CC.
Get a few more allies and buy engineers if you intend to defend.
Each ally used 4 units, so you could add serious defense just by adding a few more allies.

skunk

misfortune
12-07-2011, 05:55 AM
I've read the forums and, while there seems to be tons of stupid **** in the this game, I kinda expected combat to be rather logical. And please reread my post, your answer makes 0 sense.

1) If he invested tons od skill points into Attack it would have showed on his profile page. His Attack rating was 48, period. My Defense rating was 86, period.

2) We both had 0 allies (total alliance size 1). My 4 defensive units are WAAAYYYYY better than his 4 attacking units. I could add more allies and more units, but it would just bring my average defense rating per unit down. I would have added allies, had I not lost 400.000 gold to these totaly retarded attacks, 400k that would have provided access to the 350 valor air unit 10 hours later. I would have added allies slowly while maintaing high unit quality...

And btw, I have way better defensive units than engineers, how else do you think I achieved 86 defense rating with 4 units.

Although I've pretty much given up on this non-sensical crap game, I'd appreciate a more educated answer.

Cheers...

bredo2
12-07-2011, 06:28 AM
Attack skill bonus does not apply to profile stats. It's a "hidden" extra boost.

Agent Orange
12-07-2011, 07:07 AM
That is rather odd, I would check their allie ratings, I thought at one time the game reduced your number of units if your opponent had less to draw from so if he only drew for 3 units but had three more powerful units then you three most powerful he got you. I think this accounts for the big ticket weapons, they would be very useful in fights with low numbers of units but in higher levels with more allies less useful. Hope that made some sense.

Some if had no allies, 2-3 seriously powerful weapons then he has you.

whocareswhatmynameis
12-07-2011, 07:16 AM
i have a thread up where i vent my frustration at the lack of official description of what exactly determines victory during combat.

click_here (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?14053-FUNZIO...-master-of-ambiguity)

Mofo23
12-07-2011, 08:16 AM
How many units can we use in battle?

I know 1 ally = 4 units, is this any 4 units or 1 from each unit category? How many allies can we use?

WOngtwah
12-07-2011, 12:22 PM
@ mofo23: Alliance size is currently capped at 500 OR your Level x 5 (whichever is lower), for invading and fighting other players.

@ misfortune: not sure what are the 4 units that you and the other player used. My understanding is that a player with 4 avenger units (strong against air units) will have an advantage over other players with 4 air units. Apparently there are hidden bonus in such situation. Say if it is a 2 factor multiplication, the 4 avenger units could give me at least 96 Att points @ level 15.

misfortune
12-08-2011, 04:33 AM
My defense consists of 4 different types of units, so no it's not the bonus.

And no, stats are not hidden in profile pages - they just may need some time to refresh after assigning. Stats, defense buildings as well as units are all taken into account when calculating the profile rating (checked all of these!!).

skunk
12-08-2011, 05:36 AM
Misfortune, there is one stat that is hidden, it's where you allocate your skill points.
This is a big deciding factor in battles that are within 10-20%.
I allocae half of mine to attack and can beat people with 2x def stats compared to my attack.
They have a big effect, you are level 10, so this guy couldhave +30 attack.

skunk

EpicNecro1
08-02-2013, 11:07 PM
Skunk, why'd you get banned?