PDA

View Full Version : Question Regarding Casualty Rate

2Legit
12-06-2011, 05:48 PM
When buying units (infantry, ground, air, sea) it states casualty rate:very low, low, medium, high.

My question is: What does the level of each rate means? Which level are used most when fighting/raiding/etc.?

For example: If I were to purchase infantry units with higher casualty rate, is that going to be used/dropped out of your inventory? Or vice versa.

Can someone please clarify that to me? Thanks!

Duke.0
12-06-2011, 05:51 PM
Its supposed to be:

High = Greater chance of being killed
|
|
V
Very Low = Slim chance of being killed

However, i have no idea how it works, as i have lost "medium" valor items over my "high" infantry there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to what gets used up first. If anybody knows how this works, by all means share the info :)

youj
12-06-2011, 05:58 PM
A medium is not the same medium as another medium.

EvilCrustySock
12-06-2011, 06:07 PM
I have lost Seahawk helicopters (low) and Fighter Planes (medium) at the same rate.

Mastermind
12-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Thanks for clearing that up for me youj....lol.

JMC
12-06-2011, 08:46 PM
There are only four categories. High, medium, low and very low. But thay doesnt mean all the units with a high casualty rate have the same casualty rate, same goes for other units. Likely with every battle there is a percentage of your likelihood to lose units and what amount of units depending on your stats versus the other players stats. Then after that the individual casualty rate percentages come into play. Say you have something like light gunners. Most likely they have the highest casualty rate in the game. Now you have something else like a transport which has a very low casualty rate. There is an a lot higher chance of losing those light gunners than there is of losing the transport. However that does not mean that it is impossible to lose that transport. Say you lose one unit per battle. Theres probably somewhere around or over a 50% chance of losing light gunners. 5% chance of losing units with a very low casualty rate. Just because you have light gunners it does not mean they and only they will die like some of you seem to think.

Other factors come into play as well. Say someone is using units rhat are strong against sea. The likelihood of the transport dying rises. Also the more units of one kind you have the higher chance you have of losing it.

Most of it is common sense really when you actually take the time to think about it. The basic fighting mechanics aren't that complicated to figure out. No doubt i pulled the percentages out of my ass, but you get the gist of it

Tramp Stamp
12-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Don't forget "indestructible".

whocareswhatmynameis
12-07-2011, 07:57 AM
i have started a discussion in the suggestion/feedback section where i point out some of the glaring deficits in information about combat dynamics. please add your observations and comments to compel FUNZIO to provide us with a reasonable explanation.

click_here (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?14053-FUNZIO...-master-of-ambiguity)

Agent Orange
12-07-2011, 08:15 AM
A medium is not the same medium as another medium.

Is it a small medium, or perhaps a small medium at large?

skunk
12-07-2011, 08:49 AM
Is it a small medium, or perhaps a small medium at large?
I think it's the difference between American medium and UK medium.
Know what I mean !!!

2Legit
12-07-2011, 02:12 PM
@JMC: Thanks, I appreciate your clarification. Just wanted to double check on people's view and see whether I'm on the right path.

Majorpattycakes
04-03-2013, 12:01 PM
MW toolkit has actual casualty rates on units. Some are like 0.94% and some are 2 or 4 %. My question is how do I get lower ranked casualties. I now lose demolitions, rovers, Hardened marines, bradley tanks and vipers. How do I go back to losing light gunners? Is it based on how many total units I have or my iph or my level or what?

cook976
04-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Major, are you even bringing light gunners to battle? what is your 2,000th unit?

Jd-fors
04-03-2013, 05:05 PM
I don't know.sone places sell you a large soda but I swear it comes in a medium cup

mcarri04
04-06-2013, 08:07 AM
http://www.change.org/petitions/gree-international-inc-correct-compensate-fully-refund-gold-purchasers?utm_campaign=share_button_chat&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition

Please pass along and share

Tha General
05-13-2013, 09:23 AM
I read quite a few posts in this thread and didn't find an answer that i felt was sufficient to the original question, so i decided to give it a shot. 1st. JMC said there are only 4 casualty rates which is not true. There are five casualty rates that would relevent to this question (excluding indestructible bcuz they do not have a casualty rate) these 5 rates are 1)very high
2)high
3)medium
4)low
5)very low

If u have 200 demolitions (infantry) 200 medics (infantry) 200 leopard tanks (ground) 200 sea scouts (sea) u will lose the demolitions units far far faster than the sea scouts. This doesn't mean that there is any equation u can use to predict which rate unit u will lose during any given battle or raid (although there is a tendency to lose more expensive or lower casualty units when attacking/raiding a rival with stronger stats) but u may attack a rival once and lose nothing then again n lose 2 medics, nxt 2 medics and a sea scout then nothing. I dont think u could ever accurately predict it which is a great idea when u think about it bcuz how boring would this game be if u could plot something so exact as to say "okay if they (my rival) have over 50k defense to my 115k attack then i will lose 2 sea scouts when raiding their lvl 3 oil refinery so it wont be worth it" it would take a very entertaining element of mystery out of the game. Also when raiding another thing that plays into the scenario is defense buildings, these are there basically to make rivals think twice about raiding for $ bcuz u tend to lose more precious units when they have a larger amount of def buildings protecting a $ building so the raid may not be worth the price of the lost units. Just some food for thought guys. Happy Hunting