PDA

View Full Version : I'm so bored...

Agent Orange
12-06-2011, 05:44 PM
I blew up some poor sods windmills for something to do.

looker
12-06-2011, 05:49 PM
nice... so I noticed my Barracks have a wrench over them now. Whats the point of repairing it? Seems I sill have the ability to create units. Also do these building pay well to the attack? Do they get cash or valor or something? I was thinking of building a dry Dock tonight.

Duke.0
12-06-2011, 05:52 PM
nice... so I noticed my Barracks have a wrench over them now. Whats the point of repairing it? Seems I sill have the ability to create units. Also do these building pay well to the attack? Do they get cash or valor or something? I was thinking of building a dry Dock tonight.

I posted this observation in the suggestion forum a little bit ago. What is the point of the wrench? And you hear the "CHA CHING" sound like money is being spent to fix it? Yet no money gets spent to fix it?

There are a million questions out there about this game.

Agent Orange
12-06-2011, 06:00 PM
If you attack some buildings you get valor which can be used to buy some weapons which is why someone attacked your barracks. It didn't seem like I used any energy to repair a building the other day so not sure what that's all about. Might be something in the game that still needs to be fixed?

Re Dry Dock, I decided to forget about that one even though I picked the UK because of the sea units. I looked at the cost of the units I could build vs their statistics and realized it was a waste of time and money.

At this point the game has pretty much come to the end for me. I'm at level 56 and in terms of attacking rivals there aren't enough goals to meet now so that's out and attacking their bases seems kind of pointless unless I just want to blow things up. I can't see buying any units at this point as they are super expensive and won't give me enough of an advantage to warrant their incredibly high cost.

I think the person who is at L2 and building up the money factories actually has a really good plan as that is the one way to afford all the crazy expensive units later on in the game.

My plan of racing through the game is turning out to be a bust, now that I'm here WTF else is there to do other than attacking the weak and pissing them off. I dunno this seems rather senseless to me. Wish I could sell off all my stuff and give it away.

jlhy
12-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Agent Orange have you tried playing Crime City?

Mastermind
12-06-2011, 07:43 PM
I hear ya. Been there, done that. Lost a stealth frigate for my troubles.

Agent Orange
12-06-2011, 07:57 PM
No I have not, from what I have read in this forum a lot of the problems I see with this game are also a part of that one.

I think this game has great potential however it came out of the oven half baked, the pace at the beginning of the game is great addictive and fun but as we progressed through the higher levels things begin to take forever to complete. I posted some of my observations last week before the game went wider release, the main one being that we need to be able to upgrade more than one building at a time or 1 space of base or buy 1 building at a time. Base this on the level you have attained, for example hit level 10 and be able to do 2x these things, level 20 3x and so on. Yes folks will go through the game even faster but you need to be able to do this anyway to be able to afford the bigger weapons.

Cut the price of gold bars and cash, ok I have not played CC so have no idea what their economic model is but this game is too expensive. They took the Cadillac/Lincoln model of economics when they should have taken the Angry Birds model. Sell cheap but sell lots! 100% of nothing is still nothing but 100% of say $1 for 100 gold bars will add up a lot faster, sell to more people who aren't sure they want to invest $100 or more to play and get them hooked faster. Why do you think car makers build cheap cars? To get people in the door so they get hooked and eventually buy the bigger more expensive cars.....

Speaking of which are there players out there that have actually spent several hundred dollars buying these golden weapons or are these players devs, friends of the devs or beta testers? I'm thinking some are connected to the game perhaps to try and get folks to spend money because who wants to be a looser... the one I mentioned thast stayed for so long at 3 allies now has 10 but the way they played, only attacking and not raiding was odd considering how much more powerful they were than anyone else at their level. There are some other players who have units that should not be available to them and I tested the theory that they might have just sold the buildings but that means once they do they can no longer build those units. Strange indeed.

Yeah I know I was the one that was first to complain about the change to the stealth frigates but the more I look at this game the more I feel sad about it. For starters I think it's Canadian so hell I want to support these guys and the game does have potential to be great. But there are a few too many things that are really breaking it from the too frequent crashes to the lack of information on what things do. This sounds like the same problems that CC has or at so I have read, which makes me even less inclined to try that game.

Duke.0
12-06-2011, 08:05 PM
CC is very different, for starters you don't loose your items you get. They are all perm.

-The economics are similar, there are 5min/1/3/6/8/12/24/48 hour buildings
-There are defense buildings which prevent robberies
-Your expansions grow the complete SIDE of your hood at a greater cost / time. (i'm up to an expansion costing 400,000)

CC is more enjoyment for me actually, its more understandable and less confusing then MW (my opinion). It helps that its on multiple platforms too (facebook and google and iOS), so more time/effort and energy has been put in to polish the game to make it good.

You can play in a lot of different ways in CC such as:

1. Short Time money buildings (collecting ever 1-3-6 hours)
2. All Defense buildings/ no money buildings - you get your money from robberies and fights
3. building 12/24/48 hour buildings to collect on a consistent schedule to help prevent robberies
etc etc...

Now there is an unlimited number of ways to do CC, no wrong ways just all different. I only listed 3 that i have seen being used often by players.

CC does not have nearly the amount of confusion / problems / situations that MW is having right now.

Tramp Stamp
12-06-2011, 08:11 PM
-Your expansions grow the complete SIDE of your hood at a greater cost / time

I'd say it's far cheaper considering that Crime City expansions exhibit polynomial growth if the player chooses to do it in a "square". One runs out of room far, far sooner in MW.

Crime City has far more developed city sim and aesthetic aspects. But, yes, the "upgrades take forever" aspect is in there as well. The game is designed to be checked in on a few times a day over the course of months.

jlhy
12-06-2011, 08:38 PM
What Duke and Tramp Stamp said :D

eXc Drake
12-06-2011, 09:09 PM
MW is like stretching a Taurus skin over a Viper.

Monkeyfist
12-07-2011, 03:30 AM
It's a good time waster
Modern War 537 896 618

Agent Orange
12-07-2011, 04:46 AM
Ok thnks for the clarification on cc, maybe some day I'll look at it.

EpicNecro1
08-02-2013, 10:54 PM
No you won't.