PDA

View Full Version : what should I do to win more fight?

EBS
12-06-2011, 09:35 AM
I know I have a weak mafia because I enjoy concentrating on building and money income. However its getting really boring these days to cant win the fights mostly and I decided to pay attention on my mafia strenght.

My stats are:
level:92
mafia members: 582
weapons: 843
armor:589
mafia attack/defense: 6488/8498
ıncome:12195
fights won/lost:2483/5645

I'm using my respect points to buy weapons but seems like its not enough. I dont use real cash in game but can spend my game money to buy weapons. Please advice me certain weapons to buy, how many should I buy and which weapons etc. I have tons of very powerful rivals on my list and cant find someone to attack.

dudeman
12-06-2011, 10:05 AM
From what I understand, you can only use 5x your level in mafia members. So at level 100 you can use up to 500 mafia. For you, 92x5=460.

Get rid of 120 of your weakest mafia members and you will see a huge difference, like, a completely different set of rivals.

Worth a try, and there's nothing to lose by trying that. Every few days I weed out the people in my mafia whose levels aren't keeping up with mine, so I only have about 200, and lots of those are still many levels behind me.

nycpizzalover
12-06-2011, 10:25 AM
From what I understand, you can only use 5x your level in mafia members. So at level 100 you can use up to 500 mafia. For you, 92x5=460.

Get rid of 120 of your weakest mafia members and you will see a huge difference, like, a completely different set of rivals.

You're right dudeman that EBS should drop members (I would recommend going down even to 250), EBS is sending a lot of his/her 460 members into the fight with their bare hands. The armor is good but there should be 460 guns, 460 melee and 460 vehicles (total 1380 weapons). Of the 843 weapons, I'll bet that there is a preponderance of guns, and low melee and low vehicles available. At level 92, all the senior members see EBS and are licking their chops because he/she is an easy target. I normally recommend that people ramp up their members in order to take advantage of the guns and melee they already have in their possession but in this case, there is a lack of equipment which makes sense to ramp down the membership.

Jessie74
12-06-2011, 10:31 AM
I don't think it matters how weak or strong your mafia members are.

A mafia member, is a mafia member, is a mafia member.

Dorian Gray
12-06-2011, 10:47 AM

I don't think you understand the game, no offense intended.

vitus79
12-06-2011, 11:13 AM

wrong, only it doesnt matter how strong ur mafia fella is, its up to you how much att/def u can make out of him by equipping with best gun/melee/armor/car

MadHatter
12-06-2011, 12:17 PM
I suggest you farm M4 A1s. Attack the blue box in junkyard or the shooting range in broadwalk

whocareswhatmynameis
12-06-2011, 04:17 PM
I know I have a weak mafia because I enjoy concentrating on building and money income.
ıncome:12195

For your level, your income is extremely LOW especially if your main focus is the economy! Although I don't know the specifics of your situation, you should probably spend all your income on upgrading your existing buildings and collecting payment at a regular interval, avoiding missed payments as much as possible.

I generally agree with other comments about downsizing (ideal attack-to-size ratio is 30 or better), but I'm not sure whether downsizing really helps at higher levels (90+) where the dynamics of PvP change.

EBS
12-07-2011, 01:34 AM
ok I downsized my mafia to 449. yes there is a bit difference but not too much.

the fact is I was already using 460 mafia when I check my fight result. so I thought its better I give you my fight/robbery results.

mafia: 449 (it was 460 before I delete 133 ppl and my mafia was 582 on my profile)
mafia attack score: 6468 (this was 6488 before I delete)
attack: 83 (this is the score I won with my skill points I guess but now I'm spending them on my energy)
equipment used: 1464

as I said I dont have a noticeable difference and I can see ppl I'm attacking have higher stats than me even they have less mafia members.

I think I need to buy tons of big guns :)

dudeman
12-07-2011, 06:23 AM
You're right dudeman that EBS should drop members (I would recommend going down even to 250), EBS is sending a lot of his/her 460 members into the fight with their bare hands. The armor is good but there should be 460 guns, 460 melee and 460 vehicles (total 1380 weapons).

You probably still have a poorly equipped mafia, so until you can get more items you should reduce your mafia size even more.

wrong, only it doesnt matter how strong ur mafia fella is, its up to you how much att/def u can make out of him by equipping with best gun/melee/armor/car

"I don't think it matters..." followed by "wrong, only it doesn't matter..." um, what? Lol

Your mafia is just a multiplier pretty much. You have that many hands that can use that many pieces of equipment.
So while it doesn't really matter what level your mafia friends are at, don't forget to keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Put more good players you in your mob and you have less of them as rivals, simple as that.

vitus79
12-07-2011, 06:39 AM
don't forget to keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Put more good players you in your mob and you have less of them as rivals, simple as that.

yeah if u are a weak chicken that might work, but the strong guys mostly got the better buildings to rob or some good worth trying amount of cash in their hands so why fear a close fight? sure u win some u lose some, but avoid fights by joining them is just not my style so i dont care which stats my mobsters have. coz if i do good work on equipping them i can stand the fight unless he used tons of goldbars.
just my point of view

Jessie74
12-07-2011, 06:52 AM
I don't think you understand the game, no offense intended.

I don't think you understand what I was saying.

I see people post comments about deleting "weak" "low level" players from their mafia. This does not help them.
The level and stats of the people in your mafia doesn't help you; only what you equip them with helps.

Jessie74
12-07-2011, 07:03 AM
It's like the people who post on your wall saying things like.... "daily player, add me" or "wanna join a strong mob? I have 4000+ mafia add me for strength" or "I have 5000 attack/6000 defense add me and win more fights".

Those things don't help me at all.

EvilCrustySock
12-07-2011, 07:17 AM
The level of your mafia members does not matter, only the equipment they are using. I only use people who are lower level then me figuring they will never be on my rivals list anyways.

Jessie74
12-07-2011, 07:20 AM
"Your mafia is just a multiplier pretty much. You have that many hands that can use that many pieces of equipment.
So while it doesn't really matter what level your mafia friends are at

At least someone understood what I was saying.

Wakes
12-07-2011, 10:13 AM
I have been trying to figure some of this stuff out myself but I'm still a little confused. I did not know you could only equip 5x your level.

I have a few questions:

1) are player mafia members just as strong as henchmen?
2) after you have the right numbers of mafia members, what are the guidelines to equip them? Can they each have 1 gun, 1 melee, 1 armor, 1 explosive and 1 car?
3) how do you know when items become obsolete or if they are not being used? Is it when you have too many of a specific item compared to your mafia size like 100 guns but 75 mafia? And can you only tell by looking at fight results?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Tramp Stamp
12-07-2011, 10:18 AM
1) are player mafia members just as strong as henchmen?

The only difference is that you cannot visit their hoods and/or collect $1,000 because they are not real people. With regards to stat modification they are identical.

2) after you have the right numbers of mafia members, what are the guidelines to equip them? Can they each have 1 gun, 1 melee, 1 armor, 1 explosive and 1 car?

Most do not recommend defensive explosives as their usage cannot be controlled, but, theoretically, yes, you would equip each member with the strongest set of each type.

3) how do you know when items become obsolete or if they are not being used?

Gotta get down 'n dirty with the math. Spreadsheets help.

Wakes
12-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Thanks tramp!

Really only 1 car per mobster? Some are SUVs they should fit 6 LOL!

Answering question 2 pretty much answered the third question, but at the time I wasn't sure if it was partly random or if buying a better more expensive item made the old crappier item obsolete.

Thanks for the help

Wakes
12-07-2011, 10:27 AM
I have a question about fighting and robbing. I've heard when you are robbed your building defense is used but when you attack or rob someone then only half is used.

Is this true? Or what is the formula?

whocareswhatmynameis
12-07-2011, 10:38 AM
Thanks tramp!

Really only 1 car per mobster? Some are SUVs they should fit 6 LOL!

Answering question 2 pretty much answered the third question, but at the time I wasn't sure if it was partly random or if buying a better more expensive item made the old crappier item obsolete.

Thanks for the help

yes. weapons with better attack/defense stats make old weapons obsolete. which weapons are used depends on who initiates the fight. if you attack, weapons with highest attack points are utilized but when you are defending, weapons with highest defense points are used. as far as i know, there is no randomness involved in which weapons are used.

whocareswhatmynameis
12-07-2011, 10:43 AM
I have a question about fighting and robbing. I've heard when you are robbed your building defense is used but when you attack or rob someone then only half is used.

Is this true? Or what is the formula?

defense points are not taken account when you attack. it doesn't matter whether that comes from defense buildings or weapons.

2 factors determine your total attack power:
(1)attack points from weapons (which depends on mafia size and quality of weapons owned) and
(2) attack skills

Wakes
12-07-2011, 10:50 AM
That is news to me. I figured your defense could still be taken into account when attacking but that makes sense. I'm talking about your defense when being attacked or robbed, which is like a rivals defense when you attack or rob them

So if someone robs a building of your do all your building defense stats get used vs when they attack you, only half your building stats get used? I have been hearing this but in both cases you equipment stats get fully added onto this.

It would be the same when you attack or rob someone and if that's the case one would be easier than the other.

Hope this makes my question a little clearer.

whocareswhatmynameis
12-07-2011, 11:07 AM
So if someone robs a building of your do all your building defense stats get used vs when they attack you, only half your building stats get used?

i'll give you two versions. it's up to you to believe which version is true. there's actually a heated discussion in another thread about the very same topic.

official version (CC Mark):
when you are attacked (fight), factors that help you are:
1- mafia defense point
2- defense skill
3- defense building

when you are attacked (robbery), the same factors are in play, the difference being:
mafia defense point is HALVED but defense buildings contribute IN FULL to your defense.

edit: there is a random factor added in each PvP which could either be a boost or a penalty.

other version:
(advocated by several experienced players)
i'm sure you'll find subtle differenced in views but the common theme is that defense buildings don't really contribute much towards your defenses, especially when you are attacked.

vitus79
12-07-2011, 11:27 AM
check ur enemys profile stats and fight stats. if i got it right its when u get robbed they half ur mafia defence but u get ur full building defence which makes in addition the defense score u see in fightresults.
on attacks the building defense is not counted in.
edit: might be wrong on that, heres what mark said http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?12048-How-Important-is-the-Defense-Stat-vs.-Defense-from-Buildings-Items-(-2-questions)&p=54137#post54137

i got bullied by a zero income guy who had 9000 attack/defence vs my 16000 defense. im too lazy for the math but i think i got building def around 3500 in this.
so in his daily robberies he always got one loss and one win. half my mafia def plus 3500 building def would make around 9500 defence vs his round 9000. with the random factor and maybe nearly same skillpoints(i got 62a/55d 1320 energy and 25 stamina) would be the reason i still lost every 2nd rob by him.
but since few days hes not visiting anymore, i hope some other of his victims spammed his wall pretty much to get out of his newsticker ^^
also timed my big buildings collections to go sure i can always get them so he only got some money from my dirty laundry, sportsbar and with some luck my wedding chappel if i was sleeping(3h collect).
so he ran away with 2k max which doesnt hurt me that much. sad thing is i couldnt get anything back coz i dont do stamina streaks for respect only, too many exp and many loot items like wrestler masks or butterfly dont help me anymore..
sry if it turned into a novel but maybe this example explains abit what u want to know :)

Tramp Stamp
12-07-2011, 11:38 AM
if you attack, weapons with highest attack points are utilized but when you are defending, weapons with highest defense points are used.

The implications are that "combo" equipment is a poor buy compared to two sets of specialized equipment. For example, the Street Knife costs $1,500 and has a 3/3 value but for $1,340 you could get the same 3/3 by buying one each of Brass Knuckles and Stiletto Knife. If your mafia isn't fully equipped, you'll get even more value as the full stats of each will take effect.

Wakes
12-07-2011, 11:57 AM
Makes more sense to me now but it would be nice if they organized some of these stats from different scenarios in our profile. Kind of frustrating that you have to create multiple spreadsheets or something to keep track of an iPad game lol.

Like we don't spend enough time playing it already lol

G Wiz
12-07-2011, 01:21 PM
And of course if you want to win more fights do some stats stalking and check before you attack. If you dont see anyone with low enough stats, hit the refresh button until you do. A good filter is to go for lower levels than you also...its not a guarantee but it seems to be consistent with me.
Finally check your news feed for those green notifications, chances are you can take them on.

whocareswhatmynameis
12-07-2011, 03:01 PM
The implications are that "combo" equipment is a poor buy compared to two sets of specialized equipment. For example, the Street Knife costs $1,500 and has a 3/3 value but for $1,340 you could get the same 3/3 by buying one each of Brass Knuckles and Stiletto Knife. If your mafia isn't fully equipped, you'll get even more value as the full stats of each will take effect.

yes i agree. that is the strategy i am using for my explosive arsenal. i use a combination of exclusively defense and attack explosives. for instance, hand grenade (4/0) and stun grenade (0/6) combo is cheaper than an IED(5/5).