PDA

View Full Version : Tips for the game ADD YOURS!

uchiha
12-05-2011, 10:46 PM
I got a few tips I like to share

1) Invest in money buildings early by buying and upgrading as much as you can rather than unit buildings, units and fun stuff cost money so the more money the better

2) If you don't have 4 x the amount of allies of units, your wasting your money buying high end units your better off buying more low end units till you have as many units as you can have.

ex. 10 scouts (10 atk = 10x1atk, 10 def = 10x1def) - $10,000 VS. 1 sniper (5atk, 3def) - $10,000

3) Upgrade your vault, losing 20,000 an attack while your asleep is not cool.

ADD ME :) c3xanada = 290 692 779

ADD your tips below :)

Zackky11
12-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Best advice about mod war .... Don't play unless you like chasing yrr tail

skunk
12-06-2011, 03:52 AM
Best advice about mod war .... Don't play unless you like chasing yrr tail
Well, if you like playing a story game, then this is not true.

Invest in energy only and follow the story :)

Ignore PvP and you'll be fine.

If you want PvP, play CC

uchiha
12-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Got a couple more for ya

1) Farming Missions

- You can redo missions by going to the menu -> map -> (any area) *choose the ones with only one attack needed for best money output

2) Best Raid Targets

- I don't suggest raiding that often as the unit loss rate is insanely high and you end up losing money BUT, if you have to attack targets with greater than $10,000 or close for levels 1-20; and $20,000 for higher (i'm only level 24 right now)

Buiding - LVL - (1st ATK, 2nd ATK, 3rd ATK) - TOTAL

Munitions Depot
- LVL 1 - (1800, 1800, 3600) - 7200
- LVL 2 - (3600, 3600, 7200) - 12,600
- LVL 3 - (6300, 6300, 12600) - 25,200
- LVL 4 - (9900, 9900, 19800) - 39,600

Command Center
- LVL 1 - (1500, 1500, 3000) - 6,000
- LVL 2 - (3000, 3000, 6000) - 12,000
- LVL 3 - (5250, 5250, 10500) - 21,000

Wind Farm
- LVL 3 - (1680, 1680, 3360) - 6,720
- LVL 4 - (2640, 2640, 5280) - 10,560

Oil Derrick
- LVL 4 - (1568, 1568, 3135) - 6,270
- LVL 5 - (2280, 2280, 4560) - 9,120

Military Market
- LVL 2 - (2400, 2400, 4800) - 9,600
- LVL 3 - (3675, 3675, 7350) - 14,700

looker
12-06-2011, 10:17 PM
My biggest tip is to add 25 allies. Visit them every day for $1000. Thats $25000 extra a day.. big money for little work.

Also it resets every 24hrs at Midnight PST (I guess because San Francisco is where funzio is based). If you dont want to carry the cash and get attacked, you can time it right and collect about 15 min before midnight and then after to make a $50K purchase.

uchiha
12-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Yea thats a good one, you can visit the same allies everyday too it's not just a one time thing

Also dont waste money on defense buildings, they barely will help unless ur attacker is really close to you in attack and defense, and they take up real estate that could be used for money buildings

murty
12-09-2011, 03:36 PM
... or just bung the cash in your vault.

Pete Mitchell
12-10-2011, 08:33 PM
2) If you don't have 4 x the amount of allies of units, your wasting your money buying high end units your better off buying more low end units till you have as many units as you can have.

ex. 10 scouts (10 atk = 10x1atk, 10 def = 10x1def) - $10,000 VS. 1 sniper (5atk, 3def) - $10,000

I don't understand why more people don't do what you're suggesting above!!!

I am only level 18, i've never spent a dime on the game, my attack is 759 / defense is 877, I make about $29k an hour, my vault is at $100k (for now) and I have 275 allies... which means that since I'm only on level 18, I can only fight with 90 allies and that translates to 360 units I can use in a fight.

SO, why wouldn't everyone (like me, starting out) just buy scouts until they get enough to meet the minimum amount they can use in a fight?? Why waist money on cool ships and trucks when you won't be able to bring the full amount of units available to a fight? Currently I have about 150 scouts... and i hardly ever get attacked... if i do, i usually win.

All in all, i have roughly 360 units... (mostly infantry) because thats how many i can use... when i make more and more money, I'll start buying more powerful units to replace the scouts.. but for now, i'll keep going with the best attack&defense per $$$ strategy.

What do you guys think?

Also, if you want... add me 651 050 138

Agent Orange
12-11-2011, 07:54 AM
I think having too many allies is a big mistake. I'm seeing players with much lower attack and defense numbers turning up on my rivals list and my guess is they hit the magic combination of level vs allies. For example I have several L33, and 34 players turning up on my list who have 165+ allies. I checked a few out and a couple have under 1000 attack or defence pts while some of us have over 9000 attack and defense pts. These folks are being massacred, a friend of mine who I'm trying to help made that same mistake, he thought loading up on allies was a good idea and now he's getting attacked and raided nonstop by much more powerful players at my level. He's at L35 with 174 allies (had him delete 100 or so because he was really getting killed) but even down to that many he's got a couple of players that are at my level attacking him all the time.

My other friend is more of a loner so he never built up his allie list, he's at L40ish I think and only as 12 allies. He has I think 1 whale in his list but the rest are not as powerful so he's in pretty good shape. Most of the players he says are not over L40 with no more than 20-24 allies.

duder
12-12-2011, 09:04 PM
Unless you're doing it to unlock units for missions, don't upgrade unit buildings until past level 30 (whatever level I'm at?)

You can do pretty darn well with an army filled with frigates. You're better off upgrading your money buildings and using the resulting increase in cashflow to buy more expansions, money buildings, and... well... frigates. Unit building upgrades take a really long time to complete and won't really help you win more PVP.

Tramp Stamp
12-12-2011, 09:37 PM
I think having too many allies is a big mistake. I'm seeing players with much lower attack and defense numbers turning up on my rivals list and my guess is they hit the magic combination of level vs allies. For example I have several L33, and 34 players turning up on my list who have 165+ allies. I checked a few out and a couple have under 1000 attack or defence pts while some of us have over 9000 attack and defense pts.

Interesting data point. I obviously can't tell who can see me, but since slashing allies my rival list is a hodgepodge of maxed out allies and stragglers. A lot of people still have 20-40 atk/def where at level 8 it seems you need 100 in each just to have a 50/50 chance.

Attacks have tapered off and dried up altogether in the past 24 hours. It's been 10 hours since anyone has made an attempt, which is unheard of as I was heading toward an average of 3 per hour. Kick-in period after slashing allies? Greater general awareness of strategy? Unannounced change in game mechanics? Loss of interest in the game after one week launch period? I should say the same thing has happened to me in Crime City. I stopped using the Bank function after attacks dried up. I currently have just shy of $700k on hand and am at level 13. I should be attacked constantly but have had two (successfully defended) attempts in the past week.

You can do pretty darn well with an army filled with frigates. You're better off upgrading your money buildings and using the resulting increase in cashflow to buy more expansions, money buildings, and... well... frigates. Unit building upgrades take a really long time to complete and won't really help you win more PVP.

I'm sorry to hear this. I haven't looked deeply into unit building upgrades but was afraid this was the case. I'm already doing what you say: constantly upgrading money buildings, stocking up on basic sea units (Transports now, but Frigates are "in the pocket" if I get impatient, especially as I have in excess of $1.5 mil and nothing left to build except for a War Factory). It's disappointing that such a simple strategy is sufficient.

looker
12-13-2011, 01:53 PM
Almost makes you think that there's something wrong with the balance in the game :confused:

emcee
01-08-2012, 09:28 PM
I would say with a great amount of certainty to drop all alliance members; at least up to level 5 and most likely above.
My account has not been attacked for 23 days. My friends account for 20 days. Both have been playing for a little over a month now.

I had suggested that the strategy in MW runs counter to Crime City in which my ultra turtling strategy was to max alliance. However in the last few days or so my account has jumped from level 5 to level 7. I'm rethinking this and have dropped all my mob as the other account I have taken over from my friend is at level 24 with no alliance (just 14 hencemen) and the last attack was 34 days ago.

I'm guessing the game mechanics in MW and CC are the same with respect to alliance brackets, attacks, etc.

So my limited exposure in MW drawing from level 24 CC strategy probably would work.

Anyone in MW at or around level 24 who is willing to drop alliance down to 1, I would love to see if my theory works for higher levels. Any input would be appreciated.

kollybot101
01-13-2012, 08:11 AM
I am currently level 13 or 12 I don't remember but I have 400 or something attack and like 700 defense.
I have a level 8 I don't know what it's called but it make 222k a day have about 50 couts like you guys said but what I like to do is mass up on defense so people can't raid me. And if I get enough defense I will eventually become unraidable and not need my 350k vault anymore.

I will update this post later with more accurate info.

bladebla
07-24-2012, 04:45 AM
I'm no genius and am probably weaker than the average player for my level but I don't get attacked a whole lot, so must be doing something right...

Allies - Get them, make sure u always have more thanyour max, you wont get picked on if you have more, trust me.

Situation Report - If you attack someone it shows on their situation report with an attack/revenge option making it easy for them to attack you... repeatedly... so make sure u can beat them. And if you are being picked on use it to your advantage, post comments on their wall, it shows up on there situation report bumping the attack/revenge option down the list, enough comments and u disappear completely (until the find you in the battle area, but they'll lose interest having to re-find you each time).

Comments - Don't post inflammatory comments on peoples walls if u cant beat them, it winds them up and they want to punish you, this is especially important if you have attacked them and are on their situation report.

Raiding - Heaps!, it keeps your stamina down, and if people click to attack you it'll come up with the this player is too weak sign. And you'll get valor, for free strong units. Look out of the higher level building for your level, you can earn some good coin for this.

Attacking - Attack heaps, you'll always be able to find someone weaker than you. Don't attack someone until you've gone to their base and checked out their attack/defense stats tho. You'll earn heaps of valor = more units = more attacking = and more valor/battle points/units. Its a win/win for u.

Battle Rank - Get it as high as you can, it'll help you blend into the crowd, when im looking for an opponent to attack, i'll look for on with a low rank, they are usually the dumb ones and 7/10 times you have better stats than them.

Vault - Don't ever stop upgrading it

Missions - Don't waste your time trying to do them all, just do the ones that make u heaps of cash. There's forums for this too.

Energy - The more you have the more money making missions u can do!

Country Bonus - Make the most of it - I get a 10% sea unit bonus for being UK therefore I buy lots of ships ...Frigates, lots of them! have done me well up to level 80.... Spend your valor points on whatever your country bonus gets you and its even better

Boost buildings - Upgrade the bejesus out of the one to match your country bonus

Casualty Rates - You are going to loose units when u attack/raid so choose strong units with 'Low' or 'Very Low' casualty rates. In saying this if your losses begin to get too expensive, add in 10-20% of your total units as 'High' casualty rate cheap infantry units. Doing this seems to satisfy the loss algorithm and you'll lose less expensive ones.

Money buildings - Buy as many as often as u can, you will NEVER have too much cash.

Defense buildings - Don't waste your time

Upgrading - You almost ALWAYS want to be building something AND upgrading something AND expanding your base

Most importantly, every once in a while find someone your level and att/def stats and Pi55 them off! - Its fun to have a wee battle for a day or two (your battle points will go through the roof and if it gets out of hand, ive told you how to get out of it using the situation report)

Dreno33
07-24-2012, 08:49 AM
bladebla, trying reading some of the guides before you go preaching yourself. you sound silly.

Fifth Reich
07-24-2012, 08:53 AM
Farm Amphibious troopers at lower levels. Go to docks>amphibious squad leader.

6/8

Miner
07-24-2012, 09:23 AM
My best tip:
Read everything here: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?35951-Modern-War-FAQs

James_mac
07-24-2012, 10:20 AM
you've dug this up from the archives haven't you.... all the tips you'll ever need are now located in the sticky ''modern war FAQ's'' i suggest you read that instead..

Arj
07-24-2012, 10:36 AM
I'm no genius and am probably weaker than the average player for my level but I don't get attacked a whole lot, so must be doing something right...

Allies - Get them, make sure u always have more thanyour max, you wont get picked on if you have more, trust me.

Situation Report - If you attack someone it shows on their situation report with an attack/revenge option making it easy for them to attack you... repeatedly... so make sure u can beat them. And if you are being picked on use it to your advantage, post comments on their wall, it shows up on there situation report bumping the attack/revenge option down the list, enough comments and u disappear completely (until the find you in the battle area, but they'll lose interest having to re-find you each time).

Comments - Don't post inflammatory comments on peoples walls if u cant beat them, it winds them up and they want to punish you, this is especially important if you have attacked them and are on their situation report.

Raiding - Heaps!, it keeps your stamina down, and if people click to attack you it'll come up with the this player is too weak sign. And you'll get valor, for free strong units. Look out of the higher level building for your level, you can earn some good coin for this.

Attacking - Attack heaps, you'll always be able to find someone weaker than you. Don't attack someone until you've gone to their base and checked out their attack/defense stats tho. You'll earn heaps of valor = more units = more attacking = and more valor/battle points/units. Its a win/win for u.

Battle Rank - Get it as high as you can, it'll help you blend into the crowd, when im looking for an opponent to attack, i'll look for on with a low rank, they are usually the dumb ones and 7/10 times you have better stats than them.

Vault - Don't ever stop upgrading it

Missions - Don't waste your time trying to do them all, just do the ones that make u heaps of cash. There's forums for this too.

Energy - The more you have the more money making missions u can do!

Country Bonus - Make the most of it - I get a 10% sea unit bonus for being UK therefore I buy lots of ships ...Frigates, lots of them! have done me well up to level 80.... Spend your valor points on whatever your country bonus gets you and its even better

Boost buildings - Upgrade the bejesus out of the one to match your country bonus

Casualty Rates - You are going to loose units when u attack/raid so choose strong units with 'Low' or 'Very Low' casualty rates. In saying this if your losses begin to get too expensive, add in 10-20% of your total units as 'High' casualty rate cheap infantry units. Doing this seems to satisfy the loss algorithm and you'll lose less expensive ones.

Money buildings - Buy as many as often as u can, you will NEVER have too much cash.

Defense buildings - Don't waste your time

Upgrading - You almost ALWAYS want to be building something AND upgrading something AND expanding your base

Most importantly, every once in a while find someone your level and att/def stats and Pi55 them off! - Its fun to have a wee battle for a day or two (your battle points will go through the roof and if it gets out of hand, ive told you how to get out of it using the situation report)

Havent been posting on here much recently due to RL stuff, still been trolling as usual and had to respond to this one haha.
Some of these tips are valid to a certain extent, such as

But some are inaccurate and kinda misleading, such as
Raiding - Heaps!, it keeps your stamina down, and if people click to attack you it'll come up with the this player is too weak sign.

Id advise anyone looking for help to refer to a past post, probably one of the guide/strat posts aligned with a specific style of play suited to you:D

Crime City Mark
07-24-2012, 11:20 AM
Thread necro is a bad thing.