PDA

View Full Version : So here's a thoguht for players more importantly staff

Zackky11
12-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Is there any point to expanding into the open ocean? Because I did because I thoguht you had to when in reality my ship yard was not functional as a result of something with the game I had the required space well still have what I don't have is the 50k it costs me can you get rid of the square and credit my acct

downrange
12-05-2011, 10:07 PM
I see that there's at least one money building at level 30 that appears to use a full open ocean square. Don't know what it's called but it looks like a drilling platform.

Then again, the icon for the Shipyard misleadingly suggests it uses open water, and it does not. *shrug* Devs? Explain that one? Maybe that's the source of a lot of the confusion regarding Shipyard placement? The Dry Docks icon appears accurate at least.

youj
12-05-2011, 10:53 PM
Shipyard was a full sea square building. But shipyard was a big building and if you expanded incorrectly, you'd have to expand twice into sea to be able to build it. I guess for an early building, expanding twice into sea was pretty annoying.

Certes
12-05-2011, 11:09 PM
Really?? At least 1/3rd of my shipyard is sitting on land.

downrange
12-05-2011, 11:30 PM
I think youj is suggesting that the devs made a change at some point. Shipyard started its existence as a full open water building, but then was changed at the last minute to be a 'coastline' building. This was exactly what i was guessing based on the various artwork, which was likely not changed due to time pressure.

They probably should've swapped the usage tiers of dry docks and shipyard, but it may hardly matter since each building is only built once - the 'coastline clustering' would be worse if each building could be built multiple times.

Popeye The Sailor Man
12-06-2011, 12:40 AM
Just to let you know this should be in suggestions forum.

youj
12-06-2011, 01:45 AM
Yup, here's my open sea shipyard. =).

http://i.imgur.com/Xp9RB.png

skunk
12-06-2011, 03:18 AM
Yup, here's my open sea shipyard. =).

http://i.imgur.com/Xp9RB.png
I think you'll find this shipyard actually has a sliver of coastline!

Popeye The Sailor Man
12-06-2011, 03:55 AM
The point is that you have to have to expand twice into the sea first being part land and part sea and the second being fully onto the sea in order to get the shipyard to fit mine looks like it fits in one space but takes up room on my land anyways... Just annoying

skunk
12-06-2011, 04:14 AM
Ah, something must have changed then, I just plonked my shipyard on land with a tiny bit of sea.
It was my very first expansion.

Zackky11
12-06-2011, 07:54 AM
Yeah I had it so it would fit whether it needed land or not not until 2 days ago was I able to build it . I said fck mw ima stick with cc

Duke.0
12-06-2011, 05:36 PM
The point is that you have to have to expand twice into the sea first being part land and part sea and the second being fully onto the sea in order to get the shipyard to fit mine looks like it fits in one space but takes up room on my land anyways... Just annoying

I didn't have to expand twice into the sea.

I found a piece of land down the coast, off my main land that i used for it. It fits fine. you shouldn't have to expand twice into the sea to fit it.

EpicNecro1
08-02-2013, 10:53 PM
Yes you should.

Acuratepaul
08-02-2013, 11:16 PM
Why bring this thread up it's almost 2 years old lol