PDA

View Full Version : being camped

steamboatwilly
12-05-2011, 10:18 AM
is there any way around someone camping you?
This player obviously has some time issues, but just wondering if there is any advice on this?

tctt
12-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Re-jig to 12 & 24 hr buildings, or even 8's...sync them up and collect once or twice a day depending on what buildings you chose to keep/buy.
Or....get some mob help to go after the guy...if a whack of your mob hit/rob him consistently, he'll get the message when they start saying Leave Steamboat alone...

Just a thought.

steamboatwilly
12-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Yea, thats what I was thinking. I gotta my att/def up.
I am 8K for def and about 6500 for att.
The player is Yo Boy, and he is upwards of 7500 for att and over 10K for def. Level 96 to my lvl 89.
I dont mind trading hits with someone but the whole news wall is filled with this players name.

Dont the news feed reset from time to time also?

G Wiz
12-05-2011, 12:13 PM
When u say camp, do you mean he has your buildings timed?

steamboatwilly
12-05-2011, 12:22 PM
@Gwiz - it certainly seems that way or obsessed with attacking me constantly.
Like literally, Yo Boy has taken every spot on my news feed for the last 12 hours. Even it is just a 0 dollar hit.
I am wondering if I have to many mob to be playing. My attack is not that bad, nor is defense, but maybe if I delete a ton of people, i can get out of area of attacking range. Its just a PITA to have to deal. I expect to get hit at night while sleeping, and try to stay on top of it during the day.

I dont like to talk trash either, that makes the situation any better.
Does anyone know when the news feed clears?

steamboatwilly
12-05-2011, 12:30 PM
I looked at my buddy's game, if I delete a hundred members i would be in a completely different area than this person.

K@le
12-05-2011, 12:55 PM
If i see him i will kick his crime city ass i am lvl 92 and have 19,5k def and 12k atk

Max Power
12-05-2011, 01:01 PM
@Gwiz - it certainly seems that way or obsessed with attacking me constantly.

Either that or your stats ware so weak it just makes sense to him. I had over 20k defense at level 89 and most people I saw had over 10. The easy targets are getting fewer and fewer as you level up and lets face it, you are one easy target. Until you man up, lots of people will be attacking you constantly.

steamboatwilly
12-05-2011, 01:06 PM
thats what i was thinking also, maybe i should drop down a hundred or so memebers and build from there. I dont want to be an easy target.

So for mafia members does it matter what lvl they are. Should i keep higher level ppl and delete the lower lvl people

to K@le: thx bro. add me if you want. I will be deleting anyone under lvl 50 i think

my att is 6515
My Def is 8652
total mafia 327

sez
12-05-2011, 01:11 PM
If you have attacked or robbed him you will still be in his "News". Even if you drop a ton of Mafia, he can still get you from the Revenge button in his news. I had a guy post 60 comments on my profile with just "." so that he wasnt in my "News" anymore lol.

rustbinlid
12-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Are you certain you did not do this to him some levels back & now he is just getting his revenge?
I know I took someone one for $480k in one series of robberies a couple of days ago and now he is doggedly determind to try and get his own back.

steamboatwilly
12-05-2011, 01:17 PM
@ SEZ, so you think if I just post on his wall many times it will go away? Is that correct?

KronicK
12-05-2011, 01:21 PM
solution: spam like 50 times on his wall-however, its not a very nice thing to do- its up to you :D

steamboatwilly
12-05-2011, 01:24 PM
I am spamming the crap out of him now..lol

I-C-U-P

steamboatwilly
12-05-2011, 01:28 PM
although mean, it is entertaining!

sez
12-05-2011, 01:45 PM
although mean, it is entertaining!

yup, unless he can see you in his "Rivals" list you'll be free of him. However I made it a mission to keep hitting "Refresh" untill I found the dude who spammed me and robbed the sh1t out of him daily, even his laundromats :-P

steamboatwilly
12-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Dude.. really.
You could have mentioned that before.
I am still gonna drop down about 100 mafia members anyway based previous advice.
So hopefully i can get off the rival list as well.
lmao!!

Anubis
12-05-2011, 02:24 PM
I'll keep a look out for him and give him his dues. His stats are very very weak for his level, maybe thats why he feels the need to stat build on you. It might be more of a case of not being able to beat anybody his level so he has to find one of two players lower than him to beat on. Its seems like your one of those players.

I would presume he is probably trying to beat winning streak quest and the like - if you reduce your mafia to 400 I doubt you will see him again.

Mb Tnk
12-05-2011, 03:04 PM
...The player is Yo Boy, and he is upwards of 7500 for att and over 10K for def...

If I see him, I'll give'um a smack down he won't forget :o.... his stats are very weak for the 90's.

steamboatwilly
12-05-2011, 03:55 PM
i am gonna reduce my mafia to 250ish. but thanks for all the advice. i will keep picking brains as I need help.

KronicK
12-05-2011, 06:34 PM
no you shouldnt reduce that much, around 40-50 you already out of his rival list!

steamboatwilly
12-05-2011, 08:52 PM
At this point, as it was suggested in my other thread, i am gonna keep reading the guides and build my existing crew up before adding more players.

He has actually posted on my wall that he cant find me...LOL
I lost the war, but the battle rages on!

dudeman
12-05-2011, 09:57 PM
I'm somewhat doing that myself right now. Diverman filled my news with robberies and attacks, which pushed out a few players I still hadn't taken revenge on.

Is it still an @$$hole move to keep robbing and attacking Diverman, even though it's his own fault that he's the only revenge button I have right now? I know this will probably have the same effect on his news wall, but I win the majority of our fights and I don't think I've failed a robbery on him yet, so I don't care if he wants to keep it up. He only robs me successfully on half his attempts or less, I have increased my defense since he last robbed me.

tctt
12-06-2011, 08:26 AM
Go for Dude, I would...especially if your winning.

dudeman
12-06-2011, 09:00 AM
Lol, that's what I thought. I woke up today and discovered that Diverman had been robbing and attacking me only a minute beforehand. He didn't beat me in a single fight and was only successful in a few robberies, taking under $1k, and after my revenge attacks were over I banked over $2k.

If anyone sees Diverman (lv69 or 70), you should tell him I say hi after you rough him up a bit. You might notice that his wall is full of ".", that's because I'm really messing with him. Does anyone really think they can fill a person's entire news wall and not get the favor returned afterwards, and then continue to do that and still not pay for it?

steamboatwilly
12-06-2011, 04:05 PM
thats funny. As suggested in another thread. I think i am gonna farm the m4s in the junkyard for a while.
I can do 2 complete sets of 4. I hope the drop rate is decent. I heard 1 in 8.

MadHatter
12-06-2011, 04:10 PM
PM me and i'll make a thread for you bro

dudeman
12-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Ffs, I've been after that m4 all day in the junkyard and not a single one comes out of that blue box for me! I've hit the damn thing 30 times and still nothing.

Cooz
12-06-2011, 06:38 PM
I swear there's a guy who's been camped in my hood for the last six weeks or so. if I don't collect my movie theaters and lofts immediately, he robs them. It doesn't happen often, and I don't recall fighting this guy before. He's about 25 levels above me (stats aren't much higher than mine despite the large level difference), and if he's still hitting the revenge button, no one else must have attacked this guy for a very long time.

It's just weird cuz it's always the same guy, and with my mafia size and level in comparison to his, there's no way I'd show up on his fight list. Granted, there's a nice payoff in it for him, but that's some seriously freaky obsessive/compulsive disorder for just a video game.