PDA

View Full Version : Dissapointed

Newride2011
12-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Thought the game was great . . . For 3 days. I quickly realized that it's one purpose is money, not that I am against Funzio's desire to make a profit, however it's clear the I cannot compete unless I spend considerable $$$. Not for me.

JMC
12-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Well i actually got to 11500 attack and 10600 defense without spending a penny. That is until they greatly nerfed the stealth frigates. Now im sitting at 7200 attack and 10200 defense. Still probably one of the strongest out there atm. No doubt money will make things a whole lot easier, but honestly most of the things in the game cost a ****load of gold. I used to refrain from hitting people who spent money but i quickly realized that for someone to catch up to me quickly enough theyd actually have to spend hundeds or even thousands of dollars. Which most people arent going to do.

wupuck
12-04-2011, 07:54 PM
Submit a comment, issue or even crash log to funzio support. Then fill out the survey and let ur voice be heard

Popeye The Sailor Man
12-05-2011, 02:11 AM
Jmc have you played crime city? People will spend that much legit or not they will spend it

MonkeyPuppy2012
10-13-2012, 05:41 PM
ya it's a money based application.. did you think it was a high school lets hang out and play chess club?

It's a business.

boardgames rule
10-13-2012, 05:50 PM
How did they nerf the stealth frigates?

Dry
10-13-2012, 05:54 PM
I didn't spent any money till I was on Level 100
You don't have to spent if you don't want

Selfproclaimed
10-13-2012, 05:57 PM
Jmc. Aren't you missing a couple digits their,lol. Aren't you like 72,000 / 102,000

Dr. Dengus
10-13-2012, 06:00 PM
ya it's a money based application.. did you think it was a high school lets hang out and play chess club?

It's a business.

Doing some archaeological digging?

Dry
10-13-2012, 06:03 PM
To two Asians couples was a blonde baby ,how did the name him?

Smting Wong !

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-14-2012, 01:40 AM
To two Asians couples was a blonde baby ,how did the name him?Smting Wong !You betcha something is wrong. Two couples to me means FOUR people. So, four people (two couples) had one baby. ;)Those folks need to dial: 1-866-99MAURY. :)Yep, there's a show for that!!!!

Guderian40
10-14-2012, 11:28 AM
After following different threats in the forum I thought it could make sense to collect some ideas for improvements. I cannot start a new threat as I have not right, so I thougt it's the best place here to do so. I am quite new to MW (light gold player), but playing strategic war games for many years now.

First of all I think that MW is the leading war strategy app, at least one year ahead of its competitors like Forces of War or Global War. But it should be continuously improved and enhanced – and I am strongly uncertain if this might happen.

It is not enough to do a cheap 30 seconds survey (I am still waiting for my Black Panther by the way…) and it might also not be enough to hold meetings discussing how to reward players who spend 10,000 $ a month.
It is a funny idea to give away some T-Shirts and do a poetry competition – but it does not enhance the game.

But unfortunately for the game, I think GREE like most other companies will concentrate on new apps (first copying the model of the old ones like CC, MW etc.) and the next upgrades will more or less be bug fixes only. Hope to be proven wrong though.

I just picked out three quick wins for further minor improvements (examples only) and after that added the four main issues which threatens the game on the long term (my opinion, but sometimes also mentioned on other threats).

Would be great to receive some opinions about it and start some discussions, even if none of the ideas will be implemented in one of the following releases.

1. Inventory – get a clear structure
Just order the different units according to their attack or def. strengths (or gold, indestructables first) – even better if we could see which units were brought to battle (I know, difficult because of the “strong against” )

2. Decorations – give them sense
I visited at least 1.000 friendly or enemy bases – haven’t found any of them yet. Why? Just because they are of no use. Even the girls do not spend 8 gold for a red ugly tree. A possible solution would be to give building which are surrounded by a fence a 1% plus on defence, by sand sacks +2%, by concrete walls +3% and by a gate (bought by gold) by +4 %. Anyway, give them some sense…

3. Make attack opponents more rewarding
Even in the lower levels, I very often lose more units as a winner than my free playing opponent who loses the fight. That should be changed, to capture units from is a good idea by the way.
There are at least another 20 minor possible improvements, just collect them here.

Now I want to add four of the really “game killers”, at least on the long term:

1. Punishing for level up – exp. points
This is common to almost all app strategy games I saw so far: If you do a lot of missions or fights (which should be the central and for me most exciting thing in a war game) you get “punished” by experience points and fast leveling up. So most players (apart from the very heavy gold players) are sooner or later camping, idling and building up a massive economy. For free players it is by the way the only possible “strategy”…
How to solve this? Difficult, just two quick ideas:
- You could also give exp. points for upgrading buildings or camping per day
- You could increase the no. of points for leveling up (they did that for the higher levels, same as Global war) or give optional points (like the money) after doing missions.

2. Problem free players – gold players
Also this is common in games like MW, but some have solved it in a better way or are at least trying to do so. As a free or even light gold player it does not make sense to play past level 100-150 even with full economic power. No solution, but I saw some good ideas in this forum. All ideas must take into account the financial interest of GREE, of course.

3. Complexity vs. easy to play and start
Like other games MW was easy to start with, but still demanding, interesting and addictive in the beginning. But after some levels you discover that it is just about adding points for attack and defence, like all the others. I find this quite boring, esp. as a historian I find
a wild mixture of unit or class names from WW1, WW2, after war, phantasy, but all with only two figures (a/d) – how can a submarine attack infantry and vice versa?

An idea is to have specific attack and defence rates agains Inf, Ground, Air and Sea (GREE was working in this way by adding “strong against...”, ok, but not sufficient.) So a submarine is only against sea units and can only attacked by some of them and some air forces. Compare early war strategy games like Panzer General

4. No social interactions
Apart from so-called alleys (which number most of us even hold low in the beginning of the game) and visiting their bases, there is no social interaction in the game. I think this is better solved in Global war, where you can gain gifts to your army members and have a chat room between them. This would also provide some financial benefits for GREE as there is a motivation amongst players to buy units to get gifts.

Just some quick ideas, let me know what you think about that and what you would like to change.

Dry
10-14-2012, 11:57 AM
Holly crap .. It will take me 2days to read this

Dr. Dengus
10-14-2012, 12:03 PM
Pretty solid post for it only being your 3rd Guderian. Even though a lot of those ideas have been circulated around the forum before, that post probably deserves its own thread. Because this was unfortunately a necro'd thread and will probably be locked sooner rather than later.

General Novak
10-14-2012, 12:12 PM
As a reply to Guderians post i agree alot on the player interaction point. Besides the increase to attack and defense points and being able to visit for the thousand cash there isn't anything else. Chatrooms and such would be good. also being able to trade/give units. or maybe create an auction house for people to sell units they don't want. being able to create an actual alliance instead of just adding allies would add more strategy as well. There are many ways the player interaction could be improved and that is the part i think i game is most lacking in.

Guderian40
10-14-2012, 12:44 PM
Pretty solid post for it only being your 3rd Guderian. Even though a lot of those ideas have been circulated around the forum before, that post probably deserves its own thread. Because this was unfortunately a necro'd thread and will probably be locked sooner rather than later.

Thanks, Dr. Dengus - that is a nice compliment from an expert and senior player!
Unfortunatelly I have no rights to post a new threat (maybe as junior). But I like the idea to collect some ideas for improvemente in one threat (even I do not expect GREE to implement anything of it...)

The most important issue for me is to make the game more a strategic one, one idea to reach that goal would also be implementing (historical based and phantasy) specific untis for each country... just another idea....

Vballmadam
10-14-2012, 02:05 PM
You can start a new thread after 5 or 10 posts!

Thief
10-15-2012, 08:37 AM
Well i actually got to 11500 attack and 10600 defense without spending a penny. That is until they greatly nerfed the stealth frigates. Now im sitting at 7200 attack and 10200 defense. Still probably one of the strongest out there atm. No doubt money will make things a whole lot easier, but honestly most of the things in the game cost a ****load of gold. I used to refrain from hitting people who spent money but i quickly realized that for someone to catch up to me quickly enough theyd actually have to spend hundeds or even thousands of dollars. Which most people arent going to do.

I'm coming for you JMC....SLOWLY but i'll be there someday :D

boardgames rule
10-15-2012, 09:41 AM
Again i ask when and how did they nerf the stealth frigates?

Guderian40
10-15-2012, 10:09 AM
You can start a new thread after 5 or 10 posts!

Thanks Vball - I will collect more ideas and post all of them when I reach the 10, think by middle of next week.

Another strange thing is the vault in the game - why do we have to fill it manually? It should be filled up automatically after earning money till the limit...