PDA

View Full Version : Leveling to quickly...

Popeye The Sailor Man
12-04-2011, 07:56 AM
People keep attacking me... I swear your only meant to be able to be attacked 8 times in an hour I checked earlier and had 32 news things saying I won 32 fights... Which leveled me... I'm trying to go slow learning from my mistakes from crime city. Trying to get less losses then other people not doing to badly.
More so then ever before economy is key... And your able to unlock units at your own will... You could in theory be level 1 with the ability to have any unit you want

Agent Orange
12-04-2011, 08:04 AM
I understand what you are saying, don't think you can be at level 1 and get all units as some construction also adds XP to your total and that will bump you up a level and some units require specific buildings.

Popeye The Sailor Man
12-04-2011, 08:26 AM
Well you could... But that's besides the point I'm getting attacked so many times it's unreal oh well I spouse at least I'm not losing the fights

Duke.0
12-04-2011, 08:40 AM
Add me Popeye

and yes i know what you mean, i'm level 10 and i'm slow playing it. I'm building up economy / expansions and all the troop buildings before moving on (at least not trying to level intentionally)...

Also i'm trying to get my economy high because money is spent on everything in this game (unlike CC).

As of now i don't know if there is a limit to the allies you can have in a fight. So at some point, once i get enough $$$ coming in, i'm going to be getting a lot more allies and items to outfit my army.

Popeye The Sailor Man
12-04-2011, 08:51 AM
Same as cc each level allows you to add 5 do at level ten you can have 50 allies
What's you name in game?

BigCheese
12-04-2011, 08:53 AM
am at lvl 9 with just 1 allied... trying to remain low profile ... not going to attack any1 or rob any1. just pure on energy and map mission. dont care been rob either :P

Duke.0
12-04-2011, 08:55 AM
Same as cc each level allows you to add 5 do at level ten you can have 50 allies
What's you name in game?

Duke

Modern War 124 871 397

And i didn't realize you can have the same number of allies (mafia) as CC. thanks!

Agent Orange
12-04-2011, 08:58 AM
Hmm it does look like there is a cap. I'm at level 50 with 703 units and 243 allies. I just attacked someone at level 51 who had 154 allies. I used 534 units vs 518 units.

Popeye The Sailor Man
12-04-2011, 09:03 AM
Bug cheese although that plan is partially correct, if you dont add anyone you shouldn't get attacked to much, however by doing missions you will be levelling quicker then people who just attack for xp... This game allows much greater rewards from attacking then cc did.

Tips stay low profile and build up an economy then buy the equipment first then add the mafia, remember you nation bonus.
Defence building as far as I can see are a waste of your time and money
It's stupid to pick china USA or Iran because there bonus sucks. I'll explain
China gains bonus to infantry sure there cheap but that also ****, no valour units available
Iran and USA don't get any bonus to equipment do if I role up against a guy who has the. Same equipment as me and I've got the bonus I gain a 10% bonus to my attack so if I had 10k that's an extra 1k it all adds up

Popeye The Sailor Man
12-04-2011, 09:18 AM
Agent orange you can have 50 x 5 x 4 units but you must have that many people in your unit

Agent Orange
12-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Agent orange you can have 50 x 5 x 4 units but you must have that many people in your unit

Ok I'm missing something then, that would be 1000 units, I had 703 so theoretically I should have used all 703? I noticed in the past when attacking there seems to be some leveling taking place, in other words if I'm grossly outnumbering my opponent the game seems to throttle back the number of units involved in the fight.

youj
12-04-2011, 09:47 AM
People keep attacking me... I swear your only meant to be able to be attacked 8 times in an hour I checked earlier and had 32 news things saying I won 32 fights...

You can be attacked infinite numbers of times as long as you are winning.

Popeye The Sailor Man
12-04-2011, 09:58 AM
Well that's annoying -.- havnt lost a fight all day
Well as for the units if you read the help section on the menu ingame explains it more there it should be level x 5 alliance x 4 units and I'm pretty sure it is as far as I can see

Agent Orange
12-04-2011, 10:20 AM
I guess this begs the other question, under thee skills area of your profile there are four parameters Attack, Defense, etc so I wonder what the multiplier is for those.

Popeye The Sailor Man
12-04-2011, 11:34 AM
This has been asked a few times on cc its not a set addition attack and defence add an extra factor to your attack and defence on cc I have hardly any points in defence and I very rarely lose

Ive been attacked just over 100 times since I started this post

jlhy
12-04-2011, 04:18 PM
If attack and defense points for modern war follow the same formula like CC then you won't notice the attack and defense points making much of a difference in the early levels. But at higher levels (100+) the multiplier effect that attack and defense points applies when attacking rivals will start making a pretty big difference.

Once your attack and defense stats start getting into the 20,000+ range you'll start to notice that you'll be able to consistently beat an opponent with 5000 more defense than your attack if you've invested heavily in attack points and your opponent hasn't invested much into defense.

This is only if funzio is using the same formula for MW as CC though.

Tramp Stamp
12-04-2011, 05:17 PM
Tips stay low profile and build up an economy then buy the equipment first then add the mafia

I added people to get the 25x $1,000 visiting bonus. I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make, though, since my base must look like candy to other level 2-3 players. I was on a decent losing streak but my ROI-based economy rapidly allowed me to stock up on 15 engineers, which have been winning fight after fight without casualty while I stockpile more cash. I'm naturally inclined to turtle, but it seems the logical thing to do in this game, especially with the disposable units.

badd
12-04-2011, 05:21 PM
in the same boat... I went from lvl 9 to 10 in my sleep. trying not to lvl up to build economy but the bastards keep trying to take my money :D

Popeye The Sailor Man
12-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Tramp stamp have you got an idea what the ROI is on this game yet, your a genius and you know it

Tramp Stamp
12-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Tramp stamp have you got an idea what the ROI is on this game yet

I reused the calculations from the Crime City spreadsheet but my data collection has been haphazard. Still, it's workable for the upgrades:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgEHrvnoijXudG1NaFdaQUp5QlowT0RqS1Z2bll6Z UE&hl=en_US#gid=4

I'll add to it as I go along.

Aroyale15
12-04-2011, 07:48 PM
Attention funzio developers please hear the users comments. The attacks are coming to fast. Its seems like i'm leveling up each time i log in do to all the constant attacks

duder
12-05-2011, 04:59 AM
The attacks slow down a little when you level up a bit. It's probably that everyone is around the same level, so there are a lot of players attacking each other.

I'm at level 19, and I'm only getting attacked around 10 times a day - that's with a fairly underpowered army. I know for myself, I've become much less aggressive. I'm trying to develop an economy to support my need to acquire valor. Since the buildings with the best valor payouts don't give cash, I need to be able to replace my cash units (especially if I'm going to keep doing missions). Also, there's a trend that folks with an economy that's worth robbing are, well, stronger than me.

Maybe this post will put a target on me, but I do think it gets better. Of course, now I need to quickly gain a few levels so I can stay ahead of you lot coming up. This could also be that I'm holding on to an army that's only 20 deep. I'm willing to bet there are a bunch of armies much bigger that just can't see me.

elbarrio
12-05-2011, 09:29 AM
wenas me gustaria saber como se puede ganar lingotes de oro a y todo lo que compro que lo tengo subir hasta el nivel 5 para que no me puedan aatacar de nuevo y quitarme las pelas

Popeye The Sailor Man
12-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Well it's alot quiter today maybe because the kids are at school and men are at work not sure what the women are doing...
Just weekends... Not looking forward to the hoilday season lol

Gonna post a few tips on here in abit... When I get home and update the cc guide
Also think tramp stamp needs his own thead with his insights explained

I need to know your names in game so I can accept you as I have just over 250 invites already
Nearly at 800 on cc trying to get 1000 or crash the game by getting to many lol

Duke.0
12-05-2011, 10:01 AM
Well it's alot quiter today maybe because the kids are at school and men are at work not sure what the women are doing...

Gonna post a few tips on here in abit... When I get home and update the cc guide

I need to know your names in game so I can accept you as I have just over 250 invites already

In game i'm Duke :)

Tramp Stamp
12-05-2011, 10:03 AM
Commander Keen

bapesta206
12-05-2011, 10:33 AM
Is there anything as leveling quickly? :p

Duke.0
12-05-2011, 11:21 AM

In the past 12 hours according to my news feed i have been attacked 23 times (all wins)
There seems to be a thing where if you win when your attacked, you can keep being attacked till you loose 3 times in a row?

Popeye The Sailor Man
12-05-2011, 02:17 PM
I wouldn't mind if I wasnt trying to have a low profile -.- what's with the hate with Popeyes duke feel privileged I added you yesterday but you havnt accepted Is this how it feels

Duke.0
12-05-2011, 02:24 PM
What you did? I'll add you now :)

Popeye The Sailor Man
12-05-2011, 02:25 PM
You should all know the name by now... Popeye ;)

looker
12-05-2011, 02:44 PM
Hey Tramp Stamp -

I have the data for leveling up to 5 for all the money buildings sub level 3 if you need.

Looker/Barbie/Beware

Popeye The Sailor Man
12-05-2011, 02:52 PM
Tramp stamp needs the first two incomes for each build that's the one for level 1 and level 2 for each building do he can make correlations and look for a pattern. Anyways as for this thread move to my new one

looker
12-05-2011, 03:13 PM
hmmm.. ok.. well the spreadsheet he pointed to isnt complete or someone messed it up. I just added a bunch of info there.

brandon28
12-05-2011, 04:30 PM
the slower you go the better it is pretty much, you build your buildings to high levels and obtain several wepaons to get you attack defence up alot. makes it alot easier to attack and win fights.

Tramp Stamp
12-05-2011, 06:00 PM
hmmm.. ok.. well the spreadsheet he pointed to isnt complete or someone messed it up. I just added a bunch of info there.

The Crime City spreadsheet base was generated by allhaildiscordia via some sort of data dump where I reformatted it for computation and added ROI. This time I'm just adding info as I come across it. I must admit I'm far better at analyzing and processing data than recording it and I am less interested in this game overall, which is why I forgot to record basic info such as how much unit buildings cost. Thanks for the info. It looks like ROI is working correctly. I'll add you as a moderator if you send an email.

BTW, all money buildings are "Type B" (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?13183-Payout-algorithm-explained&p=63133&viewfull=1#post63133) and upgrade costs are a familiar 67% increase. Also familiar are the quasi-random apparently hand-applied upgrade times.

downrange
12-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Tramp Stamp, I've also added significantly to the working copy of the Money Buildings spreadsheet. It now has almost twice as many rows as the locked version. I had recently got used to taking screenshots every time i was investigating my various upgrades, and decided to go through those and share.

Tramp Stamp
12-05-2011, 08:12 PM
If you want moderator access to the locked masters, send a request. Otherwise I'll periodically merge the updates with the Excel master and reupload. Thanks for the info.

wupuck
12-05-2011, 09:19 PM
I'm at lvl 9 already. I literally leveled twice from all the attacks & Raids that I won - 285 wins/16 losses (3 from when I first started and didn't have time to build anything) (only 2 jobs completed)

Of my 285 wins, I'd say 120 were initiated by me - part of it was because i had close to $150k-$500k trying to get my Shipyard built and upgraded)

I love the vault idea, but its a VERY clever way to get folks to level quickly as folks will attack you more the more $$ you have.

Thus, for those who want to take it slow - HEAVY on both D & defensive skill points up front. I can't spend $$ fast enough right now w/o going crazy on units (which I'm also trying to control!)

Mabraha
12-05-2011, 09:31 PM
Got the same problem.. At lvl 9 i have attacked someone once just to try and have 595 attacks won and 11 lost!?! Hard to stay low lvl this way lol

wupuck
12-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Got the same problem.. At lvl 9 i have attacked someone once just to try and have 595 attacks won and 11 lost!?! Hard to stay low lvl this way lol

LOL how much $$ you sportin' around?

I have to say, i love this vault idea (have i said that already?)

EpicNecro1
08-02-2013, 10:45 PM
Yes you have.