PDA

View Full Version : Developers changed value of units without warning tonight

Agent Orange
12-03-2011, 08:39 PM
I guess the sad reality is that it is their game but it also screws up your game strategy if things suddenly change midstream.

Tonight the attack value of the Stealth Frigate and Super Hornet were changed. In the case of the Stealth Frigate is suddenly plummeted from an attack value of 31 to 18 and it's defensive value dropped from 18 to 16. The Super Hornet actually went up in cost from 250 valor to 350 but also increased it's attack value from 22 to 26 and defensive went from 13 to 26.

I suppose some of us who discovered that stocking up on Stealth Frigates was kind of useful in combat are screwed sadly it says to me that I cannot trust the consistency of the game and therefore undermines my excitement in investing real money into something that can change on a whim causing you to have your long term strategy destroyed and investment altered.

youj
12-03-2011, 09:09 PM
I guess the sad reality is that it is their game but it also screws up your game strategy if things suddenly change midstream.

Tonight the attack value of the Stealth Frigate and Super Hornet were changed. In the case of the Stealth Frigate is suddenly plummeted from an attack value of 31 to 18 and it's defensive value dropped from 18 to 16. The Super Hornet actually went up in cost from 250 valor to 350 but also increased it's attack value from 22 to 26 and defensive went from 13 to 26.

I suppose some of us who discovered that stocking up on Stealth Frigates was kind of useful in combat are screwed sadly it says to me that I cannot trust the consistency of the game and therefore undermines my excitement in investing real money into something that can change on a whim causing you to have your long term strategy destroyed and investment altered.

I probably biased since I didn't stock up on Stealth Frigates, but stealth frigate's old stat was Overpowered. For 175 valor you get the equivalent of 1.5 million ship. The old Super Hornet comparatively was underpowered, since it costed more and had less stats.

JMC
12-03-2011, 09:48 PM
I think that the expensive units are actually ridiculously underpowered and honestly would never even think about purchasing any of them even if they were undestructible. The stealth frigate actually gave the same valor to stat ratio as the seahawk helicopter. It is fairly cheap for a stronger unit, but thats a huge nerf. They should atleast compensate players by allowing them to return modified units for their original price so that we at least dont get completely screwed over.

I am one of the people that stocked up on stealth frigates and i rose probably to one of thr strongest players in the game. Definitely the strongest out of anyone id ever seen. Today i actually spent my first five dollars on the game to make all my sea units even more powerful by switching nations and they are nerfed a few hours later. What a waste. I was somewhere around 11500 attack power and 10500 defense power. Now my attack has plumetted to 7050 and my defense to 10100. I am still very powerful but im not at all happy with how they make these changes. No warning, no compensation. The first time a few weeks ago when they nerfed just about all units i was sort of fine with that since everything went down. But now a few specific people who stocked up on one particular unit are greatly suffering. Currently im not sure if ill even continue to play this game if everytime i rise above, they find a way to bring me down again.

Agent Orange
12-04-2011, 04:49 AM
I think that the expensive units are actually ridiculously underpowered and honestly would never even think about purchasing any of them even if they were undestructible. The stealth frigate actually gave the same valor to stat ratio as the seahawk helicopter. It is fairly cheap for a stronger unit, but thats a huge nerf. They should atleast compensate players by allowing them to return modified units for their original price so that we at least dont get completely screwed over.

I am one of the people that stocked up on stealth frigates and i rose probably to one of thr strongest players in the game. Definitely the strongest out of anyone id ever seen. Today i actually spent my first five dollars on the game to make all my sea units even more powerful by switching nations and they are nerfed a few hours later. What a waste. I was somewhere around 11500 attack power and 10500 defense power. Now my attack has plumetted to 7050 and my defense to 10100. I am still very powerful but im not at all happy with how they make these changes. No warning, no compensation. The first time a few weeks ago when they nerfed just about all units i was sort of fine with that since everything went down. But now a few specific people who stocked up on one particular unit are greatly suffering. Currently im not sure if ill even continue to play this game if everytime i rise above, they find a way to bring me down again.

I think you were one of the top players with high attack values.... I had 175 stealth frigates at the moment things changed. I was in the middle of an attack when as always the game crashed and when I attacked again I suddenly lost. WTH, so I looked at my stats and couldn't believe my eyes I had suddenly lost half of my attack value, and had my goal reset to 0.

You make a good point, why rise to higher levels if the devs are going to suddenly screw you over and change the game? I play with a strategy, if that had included buying gold to speed up the construction of my shipyard I'd be extremely angry. For those just playing along and had been building for specific goals then this is a bad precedence.

Would I like to be able to cash my stealth frigates in, YES please as I have adjusted my strategy.

Would I like the devs to formally announce these changes, YES please and also promise not to do something like this again. Otherwise it undermines the integrity of the game and it's developers and makes me not want to spend money on a game that will suddenly change causing me to waste my money.

Agent Orange
12-04-2011, 04:55 AM
I probably biased since I didn't stock up on Stealth Frigates, but stealth frigate's old stat was Overpowered. For 175 valor you get the equivalent of 1.5 million ship. The old Super Hornet comparatively was underpowered, since it costed more and had less stats.

Yes I think some of us realized this, at least those playing with a strategy would have looked at the values of all of the units and concluded that some were better than others.

I think the more important point is that the devs changed the value of something mid game and in a strategy game that requires a good degree of planning whether it be how you attack or what you build in order to achieve certain goals undermines the integrity of the game.

Those that had a lot of stealth frigates got really screwed, those in the process of building shipyards and upgrading them in order to obtain a unit they thought would have specific attack and defense value are equally screwed.

In a long term strategy game this is what concerns me the most. If parameters are this fluid then this game has considerably reduced value both as a player and customer.

Mastermind
12-04-2011, 07:21 AM
I could not agree with you more. I probably won't quit the game over this, but the value I placed on it has deffinately diminished. Mid game changes that affect everyone is one thing, but when they adversely affect only a select group then that is totally unfair. I have got to believe that the developers will compensate us for this error and restore my faith in this game

Duke.0
12-04-2011, 08:14 AM
What the Frigate is going on? Last night i too was in the middle of playing , actually about to do my third expansion and it said it cost 24,000 and took 12 hours. It suddenly dropped to 16,000 and 6 hours.

Which means the original 2 expansions i did i over paid for?

Agent Orange
12-04-2011, 09:04 AM
Ok, this is really rediculous. I sent an email to modernwar-ios-support.funzio.com politely asking for some form of compensation for this frigate fiasco.

youj
12-04-2011, 09:42 AM
Since the game only released to US few days ago, most people haven't got Stealth Frigates yet. It is the only old Canadian players who were able to stock up on the Stealth Frigates. They probably wanted to balance the game before it effects too many people.

Agent Orange
12-04-2011, 09:48 AM
Heh heh so the Canadians get hosed by the states again.....

Agent Orange
12-04-2011, 10:11 AM
All kidding aside I suspect we are talking about a handful of players affected by this change, in terms of goodwill the devs should compensate players who were affected. Or at the very least post some acknowledgement that changes which affect players and their strategies will no longer be done.

As a customer this fluidity in the game would make the difference between me spending money to play or not so this needs to be addressed as a reviewer it will make a difference in terms of a recommendation or not....

JMC
12-04-2011, 10:43 AM
I really think they should add an option to sell troops back for half price or whatever. And whenever they make a drastic change to a particular troop like this, they should allow for 100% sellback for a couple days or something.

Agent Orange
12-04-2011, 03:06 PM
That's a good idea.

skunk
12-05-2011, 08:10 AM
I really think they should add an option to sell troops back for half price or whatever. And whenever they make a drastic change to a particular troop like this, they should allow for 100% sellback for a couple days or something.
Surely the massive attrition rate is doing this anyway.
I use up $10,000 of soldiers raiding $5000 - thats equivalent of selling back at half price.
Plus, I get the knowledge I've taken that $5000 from an enemy :)

Still hate the attrition rate tho - TOOO HIGH !

Agent Orange
12-05-2011, 09:01 AM
Hmmm ounds like your defensive score ...... Stinks ...... Still have 140 SFs.

Thumper87
12-21-2011, 03:31 AM
Be happy you guys can even buy those units. They aren't even an option for me. All I get is a stupid jingle rat and ****hawk helicopter.

Troy125
12-21-2011, 05:27 AM
I think Funzio should develope a habbit of telling us what they updated to the game eveytime
IDK about you guys but I feel very disrespected by this as we pay cash and play their games and they just mess with it how the F they want without even saying a word
Also they need to learn how to balance a game because making a disadvantage for either old or new players is not gonna balance shat