PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited buildings and multiplying payouts is a no brainer!

Wakes
12-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Currently you can only buy a couple of each money building. I think that a good change to make would be to allow us to buy an unlimited amount of money buildings just like the defense buildings. Why are they holding out on us and capping the number of buildings. I want to make a huge city but i am limited. This would bring in a lot more income and make the game more entertaining. Adding attack buildings would be a good idea as well.

I also think that the money buildings should multiply the payouts if you dont collect from them. This would make more sense for the buildings that have quick payouts, because no one is collecting every 5 minutes. This would make way more economic sense for the players that dont play 24/7 because it would be like u never missed a collection time since the timer restarts and adds to the total payout every time. This would also make it better for robbing rivals because if they forget to collect for a few days, you can make a huge robbery.

Anubis
12-03-2011, 01:58 PM
I'd just like to see more houses. Two houses, and a couple of upper class buildings like mansion and loft for 2-3 residents seems like the ammenities way out flow the living quaters. They could at lest make houses unlimited to seem like your building a population.

A more in-depth game would include population into the game.

Maybe modern warfare has it, I have no clue on the game right now as i havn't downloaded it. I just got a opening screen on crimecity telling me to DL it and get the gun free for doing it.

Wakes
12-03-2011, 02:12 PM
I agree, my initial thinking was for more houses and apartments etc, but then I figured if I expand further on I would want to put more of the other buildings around as well.

I like the idea about population, I think to add to that idea I would make it so you need extra houses and other similar buildings to support your mafia population. So whenever you want to add mafia you have to build extra houses, maybe even upgrading them gives you extra population on top of the higher payout.

K@le
12-03-2011, 02:16 PM
I want the gatling turret to shoot real bullits at whoever walks into my hood, wouldnt that be nice :cool:

Certes
12-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Horrible idea. People would just build a hood full of laundromats. They're cheap, easy to upgrade, and would give you an hourly income of $46,000,000,000,000 without trying. They wouldn't need defensive buildings, because who wants to rob 640 laundromats? And if they did, they wouldnt lose anything they couldn't recoup in five minutes.

The game's economics have reasons that they were put in place by the devs.

Wakes
12-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Well you have a good point but no need to shoot my idea down that fast. I was just starting the discussion. They could limit those buildings and like i said before, i think they should change around the capacity that the building could hold. So even the ones with less payout can still land you a huge rob if they forget to collected from it in days.

You also can't just build a crazy amount of buildings, you need time, space and money. In your example of a hood with 1000 laundrymats, it would take months to get to the point where you've have enough expansions to do that, and unless the payouts multiply than it would be so ridiculous to sit there and collect every 5 minutes. I'd build more larger buildings with long time intervals and make a nice hood.

As for robbing 1000 laundrymats...I think I would just skip that guy and go to the next one.

Wakes
12-03-2011, 03:44 PM
It could also tell you how much cash the building has before you rob it if the capacity is increased.

Syn
12-03-2011, 03:52 PM
When I first started playing, I would have agreed with you. But now that I have been playing for a few months, I think that would really ruin the game. Players would have to basically restart with their skill points. Different players have different strategies. Some like to rob/attack. Some focus on just one. Others focus solely on doing the PVE missions (the story line).

At lower levels, all I wanted to do was the PVE missions, and my stats reflected that. I always tried to avoid PVP in every way possible. After reading the guides in this forum though, I realized I could do both! Since around level 60, I left doing the missions temporarily and dedicated my stats to PVP. Whenever I do missions now, its because I am either farming money or items. I plan on going back to the missions once I start getting hit by the higher levels (+100). This isn't the right or wrong way, it's just how I like to play.

Now if you changed buildings to multiple buildings and the stacking of incomes in buildings like you suggested, all you would see are people with insane amounts of Stamina. The higher level and even probably the mid level people would most likely leave the game. (I could be VERY wrong here, as I am unsure of the play style of the higher levels) Would I like to see faster upgrade/build times? Maybe slightly, after reading Tramp Stamps recent posts that it would take years to build everything to level 10.

Just my 2 cents.

Wakes
12-03-2011, 05:57 PM
I agree with you. If you could get huge amounts of money from unlimited buildings than it would change the PVE play a lot. However, I think they can get around that problem by lowering the payout on the buildings and that way to get enormous amounts of money you would need to expand so many times.

I could settle for a cap on the business money buildings but I think you should have unlimited amount of housing type buildings and lower the payout. Also the housing type buildings could be tied into your mafi count in a way where either you get to build an extra house for every 10 mafia members you get, or, for every housing building it gives you an extra 10 mafia that you can have and make the buildings more expensive.

Could be a way to get around those problems and make the game better. Above all it would allow you to build a pretty big hood. I like the building and designing part of the game myself, and the economic planning behind it.

Max Power
12-04-2011, 06:27 AM
I kinda like the game the way it is.

Sounds like you want to play a different game.

Amber_
12-04-2011, 07:50 AM
I kinda like the game the way it is.

Sounds like you want to play a different game.

Yeah, agree. This is not Sim City.
I think it's good with the 2 buildings limitation, but I would't mind some more buildings to choose from.
I don't know what level you are, but I'm 97 and I have a pretty large hood. The thing with this game is that it takes time, and you have to be patient to get to where you want. If you want a large hood - you can have it, but it's going to take time and dedication to the game. I personally think this is what makes this game so great, cause no matter how far you go there's always stuff to do. You make small goals for yourself, work hard, and reach your goal. It's a game that needs lots of dedication, but if you are willing to give that you'll get lots of fun in return :)

MadHatter
12-04-2011, 12:04 PM
THIS IS WAR!

Duke.0
12-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Defense buildings are NOT unlimited. They have a cap of 50 per building. There goes your theory :)

MadHatter
12-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Duke for the win. :)

Anubis
12-04-2011, 01:09 PM
If buildings were unlimited I have a feeling you would see hoods completely full of houses and laundry mats.

dudeman
12-04-2011, 01:46 PM
If Crime City were to change at all, I would rather see bug fixes and little improvements here and there. Not big changes that would likely affect the gameplay.

Think of the money buildings as a deck of playing cards. Everyone has the same number of the same cards to use as they wish, and the people who are more successful in this game are the ones who just play it better. If you start telling people they can bring extra aces to the poker table, the game doesn't stay fun for very long.

MadHatter
12-04-2011, 01:54 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?13741-Please-read! try this

Wakes
12-04-2011, 10:05 PM
I know what I'm suggesting would change the game, but the game doesn't really have a point to start with and isn't that the point of these forums?I like the building aspect of the game myself. The point of PVP and PVE is to get money and experience to unlock more building option and grow your hood, so i don't think they should limit us as much, I could settle for more building options since they have lots from the maps.

I did make a mistake on the defense buildings but most of those buildings are all beat down and ugly anyway, I wouldn't want to dress my hood with hundreds of those. Which is a point I would like the developers to address as well.

What I suggested does make it a little more like sims, but that game does have more of a point to it doesn't it and it is more popular for a reason. I am just trying to make suggestions to make the game more interesting when you get further into it. Since the game doesn't really have an end goal, I don't see what difference it would really make.

Unlimited buildings might have been a stretch on my part but I was just trying to see what other people thought. That's why I made suggestions to maybe tie it into something else so that it was unlimited but not fully. And enough about the laundry mats, if they did actually do this they could increase the time limit on that building or just take it out completely. But since there would be more buildings they would have to lower the payouts.

If they gave more building options and increased the cap things would obviously have to change. Just trying to make suggestions to make the game a little better is all guys.

Wakes
12-04-2011, 10:14 PM
They could also add buildings that have attack instead of payout as well or just housing buildings as decorations. If you guys can't tell, I just want to build a massive city, but the game is too limiting.

I have the patience with the time factors but it sucks knowing it will be very limited once I finally get my hood to that point. It would be nice to know that I can build a way bigger and better city when I get further down the line.

jlhy
12-04-2011, 10:55 PM
This would be hilarious if it was implemented. I would build 300+ laundromats and my entire hood would be a constant field of orange money bags. Then I could invite people to help me harvest my laundromats.

Syn
12-04-2011, 11:32 PM
This would be hilarious if it was implemented. I would build 300+ laundromats and my entire hood would be a constant field of orange money bags. Then I could invite people to help me harvest my laundromats.

At least that would be a new social aspect of the game. Harvest party time!

Max Power
12-05-2011, 04:47 AM
I know what I'm suggesting would change the game, but the game doesn't really have a point to start with and isn't that the point of these forums?I like the building aspect of the game myself. The point of PVP and PVE is to get money and experience to unlock more building option and grow your hood, so i don't think they should limit us as much, I could settle for more building options since they have lots from the maps.

I did make a mistake on the defense buildings but most of those buildings are all beat down and ugly anyway, I wouldn't want to dress my hood with hundreds of those. Which is a point I would like the developers to address as well.

What I suggested does make it a little more like sims, but that game does have more of a point to it doesn't it and it is more popular for a reason. I am just trying to make suggestions to make the game more interesting when you get further into it. Since the game doesn't really have an end goal, I don't see what difference it would really make.

Unlimited buildings might have been a stretch on my part but I was just trying to see what other people thought. That's why I made suggestions to maybe tie it into something else so that it was unlimited but not fully. And enough about the laundry mats, if they did actually do this they could increase the time limit on that building or just take it out completely. But since there would be more buildings they would have to lower the payouts.

If they gave more building options and increased the cap things would obviously have to change. Just trying to make suggestions to make the game a little better is all guys.

So, what you are suggesting is that they completely change the strategy of the game and the time and effort millions of players have put in so far to make the game a little more "appealing" to you.

Got it.

Wakes
12-05-2011, 11:11 AM
If anyone did what jlhy said, and invited your friends on top of that then you and your friends would probably be the biggest losers on earth, no offense. They would obviously have to rethink that portion of the game if they made changes.

How do you invite friends like that anyway? I play on the iPad and havnt seen anything like that.

I doubt I'm the only person in millions that wants to see a little more depth in this game Max. I didn't know there were such dedicated and die hard fans of this game that would defend it like you are. I didn't mean to upset you but Maybe unlimited buildings was a stretch, but even like 10 of each residential buildings would be nice. They also have many buildings from PVE that are not available to us that I would like in my hood.

I have played this game a lot to but how can you deny that it lacks depth. I'm not trying to make it identical to sim city but some of those aspects would be good and a little more depth and point to the mafia aspect of the game. At least I find this on the iPad version. The reason I got this game is because it has a bit of both and there is no other game like that. If the developers could add to both aspects then this game would be on another level.

They could also do this in a new version or new game so that no one has to lose their old game and cry about it.

Brent
12-05-2011, 11:12 AM
I have no dead how but some person had 4 pawn shops in their hood...

Max Power
12-05-2011, 11:32 AM
If anyone did what jlhy said, and invited your friends on top of that then you and your friends would probably be the biggest losers on earth, no offense. They would obviously have to rethink that portion of the game if they made changes.

How do you invite friends like that anyway? I play on the iPad and havnt seen anything like that.

I doubt I'm the only person in millions that wants to see a little more depth in this game Max. I didn't know there were such dedicated and die hard fans of this game that would defend it like you are. I didn't mean to upset you but Maybe unlimited buildings was a stretch, but even like 10 of each residential buildings would be nice. They also have many buildings from PVE that are not available to us that I would like in my hood.

I have played this game a lot to but how can you deny that it lacks depth. I'm not trying to make it identical to sim city but some of those aspects would be good and a little more depth and point to the mafia aspect of the game. At least I find this on the iPad version. The reason I got this game is because it has a bit of both and there is no other game like that. If the developers could add to both aspects then this game would be on another level.

They could also do this in a new version or new game so that no one has to lose their old game and cry about it.

1. Many people have been playing for months. To change the game now would completely screw up their strategies.

2. No, we really don't care about this "depth" you keep referring to, as if an app will really have depth in the first place. It's just a game, after all.

3. Many people have already spent real money in their strategies and what your suggesting may circumvent their strategies just so you can find some "depth" in your games.

4. What you are suggesting is a new or different game. Feel free to find it.

5. Nobody else is really jumping on board with your suggestions, perhaps indicating you are one of the few that would want these changes.

6. You didn't upset me because I don't care what you think. I do know that I am invested in this game as it exists and if for some reason you could get the developers to buy into your little groundswell movement, I would be disappointed if they rendered the money I have spent moot. That would go with any major change, not just the ones you are suggesting that nobody seems to care about.

7. We have heard and understood your suggestions. Give it a rest. The game is what it is. Like it and play, or leave. Your call.

jlhy
12-05-2011, 04:00 PM

It would be easy to do this. Just lower your defense stats as much as you possibly can and start randomly attacking or robbing all the people in your rivals list so they have a link to your hood and write on their wall to come get some. Either way your the one who suggested it. Its not my fault your thought process for the changes you want are easily exploitable and poorly thought out.

From the sound of it you'd probably be a lot happier deleting crime city and playing the Sims.

Wakes
12-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Well jlhy I do admit I did not think of that at first and I retracted by saying they could cap or eliminate that, and I retracted further by agreeing unlimited buildings was a stretch on my part at first but thought more residential buildings would be adequate if you read above. But ur suggestion, if that was ever possible, is just idiotic because you are suggesting you would spend hours every day building laundry mats and attacking rivals so that they can come rob you so that you can attack them back to try and steal your money back. If you did that you would be a huge loser and you would have to convince others to become a loser with you.

Wakes
12-06-2011, 02:57 PM
The reason I really brought this up is because after playing PVE you realize how many buildings and accessories are in the game but are unavailable to us, even with gold. I do retract from unlimited buildings like in the title, but I find they limit this game way to much with what we can do in our hood. They could at least allow us to have more options for buildings and customization. They limit us because they want us to buy gold, but in order to unlock the full potential of this game (buying all gold items) you would have to spend over a thousand dollars. That is just ridiculous for an APP as Max is pointing out. And for an APP especially like this because in the end, there's not really a point to the game in the end, or depth as I was referring to before. You can buy the best pc or console games and other apps for $100 or less that actually have a point to it. It would take 2 years to build all the buildings in the game and fully upgrade them and they want you to keep spending money along the way and if you did spend alot of money what are you going to do after you built everything. Money out the window. I'm sorry to hear that you've invested heavily into this game.

I've been playing the game for months to and wouldn't mind seeing them implement changes to allow us to do more, put a little more depth into it and then drastically lower the price for gold. I could care less if it changes my strategy. Then me along with tens of millions of other people would most likely put money into this game. I do agree that they should not implement things in a way that would undermine what people have already put into the game though.

jlhy
12-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Under your suggestion it would be very possible. I wouldn't need to steal anything back from rivals since 5 minutes later the full amount would be ready for collecting. Only reason to attack players would be to give them a link to my hood so they harvest as much money as they want.

Once again your ideas are poorly thought out. You want more dept but have no idea what kind of dept you want other than more pretty buildings. Delete Crime City download the Sims. Crime City isn't for you. A lot of people have disposable income, deal with it. If someone spending a hundred dollars on an app sounds crazy to you maybe you should spend less time worrying about how to make your hood pretty and start looking for a better paying job.

Wakes
12-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Actually no it is thought out. You would only have 2 laundrymats like I said so how would you do that? And if you let every one constantly rob you by having no defense than you would never have money to build those laundry mats in the first place. No one would accept your invite either because they would think your such a loser.

And nice try to try and talk about money, like you have any clue? I just don't want to spend money on a rip off which is how they structured this game. $5 bucks just to buy a flag! If your that rich that you will spend thousands on this game then props to you bud. But i doubt you make a good living if you make decisions like that. And I would spend 100 on this game if it gave me most of the stuff and I'm sure many more would as well which makes funzio more money in the end. I have disposable income to bud but I don't getting the value in investing into the game as it is now.

dudeman
12-06-2011, 06:10 PM
So you want to change the game so you can have a pretty hood with lots of buildings that no one attacks.

If you don't like Crime City, don't play it.

You are becoming as tiring as MadHatter was before I discovered the ignore list.

Wakes
12-06-2011, 06:31 PM
No I did not suggest to have a hood that no one can attack. Never once mentioned that bud. I just rejected the idea of having 500 laundry mats and inviting people to come rob you and said he'd be a loser. But they could still rob him.

And whats wrong with wanting to be able to customize a nice hood? I play for my own reasons and like all aspects of the game but I just think they should be enhanced. If you don't care at all about what your hood looks like that's fine but I'm sure a lot of people out there take time and effort to try and make it look nice.

I like crime city or I obviously wouldn't be on this forum and playing the game. But there's nothing wrong with trying to suggest to the developers on how to make the game better for us and increase their profits.

And by the way you came onto my thread and started posting, I didn't find you, feel free to ignore.

dudeman
12-06-2011, 06:47 PM
The reason I find you somewhat tiring is because you present the same ideas over and over, and there are always reasonable explanations as to why your idea either wouldn't work, or would make Crime City a different game.

You have even had to backtrack, retract statements, and concede defeat in your arguments, so I do apologize for failing to understand why you keep going on about the same things.

jlhy
12-06-2011, 06:54 PM
And nice try to try and talk about money, like you have any clue? I just don't want to spend money on a rip off which is how they structured this game. $5 bucks just to buy a flag! If your that rich that you will spend thousands on this game then props to you bud. But i doubt you make a good living if you make decisions like that. And I would spend 100 on this game if it gave me most of the stuff and I'm sure many more would as well which makes funzio more money in the end. I have disposable income to bud but I don't getting the value in investing into the game as it is now.

So let me get this straight. Your complaint isn't about other players using gold to get better stats and gear or about gold buyers in general. Your complaint is the cost of gold to buy aesthetic items such as a "flag" that has no stats whatsoever. Your endgame goal is to have the prettiest lvl 200 hood you can have so your rivals and friends can stop by and post on your wall telling you how pretty your hood is. You're definitely playing the wrong game. I believe Amber mentioned it but sim city or the sims is what your looking for. You can decorate to your hearts content and other players will gush over your well designed buildings and landscapes.

And by the way you came onto my thread and started posting, I didn't find you, feel free to ignore.

This is a forum. People read threads and post comments in forums. If you don't like criticism send your ideas directly to funzio and don't post in a forum where people discuss things.

Wakes
12-06-2011, 07:15 PM
This is a discussion, your right. Which is why it started out as one statement that led to a good conversation. I tried to make the title appealing so people would join in the convo as well and it worked. Just as other people post titles such as "free gold" when we know there is no such thing just to get people to read their idea.

I havent conceded defeat to anything! I havnt played the game long enough to know everything about it and i didnt even know what the final level was or the cap on defense buildings. So if someone raises a good point about something and I understand then you can find a way to get around that. That's what a discussion and debate is and then you get to something that is valid.

And I was simply pointing out that the pricing is ridiculous if I wanted to actually spend money on the game so I used the flag example. I said before that you would have to spend hundreds, maybe a thousand dollars to buy all the buildings and I think that's ridiculous. Im not complaining about other players that decide to spend the money now though, good on them. I'm not just playing to make a pretty hood but what's wrong with wanting to do that on top of it all.

jlhy
12-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Hrm just read some of your comments in the suggestion forum and have a little better understanding of where your coming from now, so I apologize from my snide and snippy remarks.

For a lot of players its the opposite. We build our hoods so we can use the funds to increase our stats to attack, take revenge and rob other players. The rivalry with other players is what drew me into the game. Trying to figure out the best way to increase my stats so I could get revenge on other players while also trying to increase my defenses to fend off new attackers is what keeps me playing. So when you posted that comment I took it kind of personal that you wanted to change the game I was playing into something else and lashed out. I know now that that wasn't your intention.

In terms of aesthetic items in my opinion, Funzio should make them all buyable for in game money. They can make the prices in the 100k to the several million range so that real money spent on gold to buy money buildings would feel worth the price. There are gold money buildings after level 100 like the rock cafe, pirates den and the gentlemens that payout 100k+ at level 1, cost 100-175 gold per building, and take only 5min for the initial build time rather than 120 hour build time (if I remember correctly) for a level 1 crematorium.

By making aesthetic items cost in game money players who like more of the aesthetic side of the game would continue leveling to get the higher level money buildings and gold buildings so they could get the better/nicer aesthetic items at the same time using the increased income from their money buildings to keep expanding. On the other side of the coin the pvp oriented players have high paying targets to attack and rob.

Another push you could go for would be for Funzio to design a better/nicer defense buildings (both gold and in game money).

Wakes
12-06-2011, 08:40 PM
That is exactly what I'm talking about! If I have more options in buildings and in aesthetic items, my personal gameplay would focus more on that while not completely neglecting building my stats, because I want to fend off attackers as well. And return, those who focus on PVP the most will have more buildings to rob from people who most likely have lower stats. Everyone just took too much offense because they focus more on the PVP aspect of the game more.

I was disappointed that a lot of the defense buildings were run down and I've raised that point. If I was really the mobster like in my game I'd pay for my crew to have a nice place lol!!

I know the gold items have big payouts, I still think they are really over priced though.

Max Power
12-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Wakes, don't take this the wrong way, because I don't mean anything derogatory by it, but I am seeing your question on other threads and it is pretty clear to me that you are pretty new to the game and don't really know how everything works.

Don't you think it would be safe to say that it would be better to get your time in and fully understand the game before making radical game changing suggestions to the developers?

You might find 2 months from now that you will have completely different thoughts about what you posted when you started this thread.

Wakes
12-07-2011, 02:37 PM
I somewhat agree with you max and don't worry I'm not taking any offense, it's just a game right. I have played the game for a little over 2 months now which I guess is considered new and did not know as much about it when I joined this forum. I already retracted from what I wrote in the title from the feedback I got. I know a lot more about the game now and I would change the title of the thread if I could.

But through the discussion my suggestion changed which I still stick by and I don't think is a dramatical change. Asking questions I have seen other building options available but I still think there could be more and a lot more accessories since I've seen them in PVE. I think it would suite my game play type better where I focus on my hood and PVP players have more to rob from me. That's how I would redo this thread if I could lol!

Also i think they should take some suggestions and listen to amateur players like me because going through these forums it's easy to see how confusing this game can be to the average player. If I would have never stumbled on these forums to ask questions, I might have deleted this game already and never buy gold. I think alot of players end up giving up on this game because they don't understand it. Im talking about PVP play here and asking around about it and seeing debates on how it works, I think they should organize some of that for us and explain it more in the game.

I realize I was an amateur and my thread was premature but it was my first and I was eager to say something lol. My apologies I didn't mean to get everyone heated or offend anyone.