PDA

View Full Version : The economics of this game are complete trash.

Death
12-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Why is there a lack of items when completing mission goals? Why are there no loot items when i master mission areas? Why are there no loot drops when I farm npcs or buildings on any area past "Suspicious Village" (the last area to drop loot). Instead the opposite happens, i lose all my fking units and have to keep purchasing them over and over, negating whatever money I make afterwards, sometimes even going negative. This system is RIDICULOUS.

Unit casualties need to be halved across the board. I waste hundreds of thousands worth of units to complete a goal that gives me 50 respect, big whoop. Right now there are no incentives to fight eachother. The best thing to do is find a high paying building that requires cheap units and farm it, lots of fun there.

And the worst part is the knowledge that if loot is added to mission goals, i will have missed out on them all for completing the missions too soon. Please add more loot items and make it retroactive for the people that have already completed the mission goals.

youj
12-02-2011, 10:51 PM
You need to be very careful about who to attack. You should only attack/raid someone if you know you can make 3* of your average unit money cost.

Death
12-02-2011, 10:55 PM
Thats impossible, at higher levels the max i can loot from someone is 30,000 yet I lose units worth FAR more than that, its literally impossible to turn a profit from attacking. Dont even get me started on losing "valor" units. even if i attack someone carrying around 100 million unprotected cash, i STILL lose.

youj
12-03-2011, 12:07 AM
Thats impossible, at higher levels the max i can loot from someone is 30,000 yet I lose units worth FAR more than that, its literally impossible to turn a profit from attacking. Dont even get me started on losing "valor" units. even if i attack someone carrying around 100 million unprotected cash, i STILL lose.

If someone has 100 million unprotected cash, I would definitely attack him lol. You can loot a lot more than 30k, the limit for looting someone is a lot higher than Crime City.
For example, someone attacked me the other day, he lost and gave me 210k.

The unit casualty rate is also restricted. The more you lose, the less you will lose. When one of your units die, your other other units causality rate will decrease exponentially. I never lose more than 4 units in a battle even though I command 1000 units.

Death
12-03-2011, 01:38 AM
to put it in perspective, i just lost a 750k stealth boat in a fight, how do you warrant that? besides most smart players will either spend their money or put their money in the vault. also you do realize that when you lose to somone many times in a row, it only comes up once on their news page, so chances are that the person attacked you 7 times, each time losing 30k. when you logged in, it showed you the combined 210k.

no matter how you spin it the economics of this game are stupid and broken, and based on your other posts you kiss this games ass alot. just accept that its in bad shape right now and maybe they will fix it, looking the other way will just postpone the inevitable. dont get me wrong i have no doubt they will fix it just like Crime City.

also, the casualty rate is a percentage from what i viewed by taking a look at the files, so are you just talking out of your ass or what?

youj
12-03-2011, 02:35 AM
to put it in perspective, i just lost a 750k stealth boat in a fight, how do you warrant that? besides most smart players will either spend their money or put their money in the vault. also you do realize that when you lose to somone many times in a row, it only comes up once on their news page, so chances are that the person attacked you 7 times, each time losing 30k. when you logged in, it showed you the combined 210k.

no matter how you spin it the economics of this game are stupid and broken, and based on your other posts you kiss this games ass alot. just accept that its in bad shape right now and maybe they will fix it, looking the other way will just postpone the inevitable. dont get me wrong i have no doubt they will fix it just like Crime City.

also, the casualty rate is a percentage from what i viewed by taking a look at the files, so are you just talking out of your ass or what?

Well losing one unit in a fight is not that surprising, if you said you lost 3 stealth boats then there's definitely something is wrong. All units except gold units in this game are consumable. The more expensive the unit is the less likely it will consume, but the chance is certainly there.

Don't you think it's kind of far fetched to think someone would continue to attack somebody for 7 times knowing that he lose 30k each time?

Maybe I'm bit biased since I'm doing really well in this game playing my strategy. I do think there is a lot of improvements to be made to the game, but I don't think "economics of this game are stupid and broken". If you know what you are doing then you can have a good economy and a powerful army. (like me :))

Each unit has a causality rate yes. But if you think about it, say you are using 1000 units, and say each unit has 7% casualty rate. Then after each battle you should lose about 1000 * (7/100) = 70 units? I have never lose more than 4 units so its either the casualty rate is insanely low or casualty rate decreases exponentially for each unit loss. If it is very low casualty rate, then you shouldn't lose any unit in early level fights. Since we do lose units in early battles, then it is probably the latter.

Now, my math isn't the greatest, and I'm probably wrong somewhere, but you get my point.

Death
12-03-2011, 02:48 AM
I dont need to "get" anything your saying. I have been playing this enough to see that its broken for myself. I didnt come here to assume an idea, I came here to complain about the gameplay at my level, so unless you are a dev, you really have no reason to even be here.

with that said i have over 5k attack and defense at the moment and i can stomp 95% of the current player base, but the current system is preventing me from even attacking anyone without taking significant losses with little to no return. cash isnt the issue as im producing far more of it via buildings and missions than i would from attacking and raiding, making stamina a retarded investment for the most part, the problem is lack of loot drops to make up for all the unit casualties.

it was clearly the devs intentions to add loot drops as evident from every area up to suspicious village where it all just mysteriously stops. my guess being they just didnt complete the rest of the game yet. I hope it all gets sorted soon, ill be playing battle nations until then

Royal Flush
12-03-2011, 03:40 AM
I think it's fairly accurate gameplay - War doesn't pay but crime does (as shown by Crime City)

:)

Death
12-03-2011, 04:56 AM
boeing, raytheon and exxon would all like to have a word with you lol

duder
12-03-2011, 06:54 AM
...so it doesn't get better... I guess it's time to shift away from a strategy where I drive my economy through attacking others. It worked great the first 10 levels, but it has become a bit of a struggle... so much for my heavy investment into stamina.

Out of curiosity, what level are you?

Btw, have you thought through the ramifications of gold inventory? Indestructable inventory that (for around 100 bars or more) is better than anything you can build... that's rough on folks who don't want to spend. I felt rl money equipment in crime city gave a player an advantage, but it could be offset by equipping a very large mafia. Here, the economy you would need to have to maintain a large army is astounding!

duder
12-03-2011, 07:18 AM
@youj
I was mulling over your unit casualty rates drop as they die...
So if I have like 100 bomber units supported by 900 light gunners, most likely I'll only lose gunners? It might actually be possible to protect one's unit investment???

Agent Orange
12-03-2011, 08:00 AM
Where did you get the 30k limit on attacks? I just made a withdrawl from my favorite 'bank' for over 120k and I've had over 200k. The only limit is the number of consequtive attacks you can make before your opponent craps out.

I haven't figured out how the game decides which units you loose in a battle, I do find if I have a lot of units like scouts they tend to die first but then my stealth frigates get killed off as well. Somehow seems to depend on the defensive strength of who you are attacking as well.

Main thing is not to just hit attack because you might have picked someone stronger than you. I choose raid and see if it's safe to attack.

When I complete goals I get bonuses, at the higher levels I'm getting some really big valor awards usually at least 300+ so the game seems to work well with the strategy I'm using. I have not played CC so I wonder if that is why I don't have the same complaint? Not trying to apply that game's mechanics to this one.....

youj
12-03-2011, 11:25 AM
ill be playing battle nations until then

Haha, have fun :)

youj
12-03-2011, 11:33 AM
@youj
I was mulling over your unit casualty rates drop as they die...
So if I have like 100 bomber units supported by 900 light gunners, most likely I'll only lose gunners? It might actually be possible to protect one's unit investment???

Yes, if that is your actual army composition, you probably lose 4-5 light gunners each battle. Since the casualty rate of light gunner is significantly higher than any air units and you have so much of it, you will probably lose your light gunners first. However, doing that will decrease your army attack by a lot since each light gunner only gives 1 atk. To use light gunner as meat shield you probably need 100-200 light gunners in a army of 1000.

and..

Modern Warfare:
749 606 018

Modern War is definitely not Modern Warfare =)

youj
12-03-2011, 11:36 AM
When I complete goals I get bonuses, at the higher levels I'm getting some really big valor awards usually at least 300+ so the game seems to work well with the strategy I'm using.

Just so you know, the valor missions doesn't go on forever. You shouldn't depend completely on valor units.

Agent Orange
12-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Just so you know, the valor missions doesn't go on forever. You shouldn't depend completely on valor units.

Ah, thanks for the tip!

JMC
12-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Yeah ive been maxed out on valor missions for a few days now. But if youre only taking in like 300 valor per mission youve got a good amount to go. Currently i only get two or three valor missions every level. They are bringig in almost 700 valor per mission though.

Popeye The Sailor Man
12-04-2011, 07:19 AM
Just received pvp loot just wondering if anyone else is recieving anything and we could get a list like the one for crime city

bredo2
12-04-2011, 10:55 AM
Yeah theres alot of loot after level 15 opponents or something around there. Some good, some lousy. They drop alot more often than in CC. Not so fun though when i lose 2x frigates worth 70k in a fight and gain one loot unit with 2/0 stats :(

Big problem with MW that it is impossible to gain anything from raids/attacks when you get lvl 20+. By then you have a good deal of nice units, and you always lose some each fight unless you completely overpower your opponent in stats. The only times i dont lose several units is if i have like 5x++ my opponents def in attack score.

Sekpriorp
01-12-2012, 06:03 PM
In older times, electronic scooters for kids were seen generally throughout farm locations, towns or perhaps aged Italian language motion pictures. Motor scooters were seen as an gadget for youngsters instead of an authentic transport vehicle. On the other hand, with all the escalating disarray throughout urban areas and also urban centers, most modern metropolis inhabitants did start to look at electronic scooters for kids regarding grownups like a actual along with handy answer to their particular day-to-day commutation troubles.
Elecrtic scooters for adults (http://electricscootersfor.com/)

Meddicc
01-12-2012, 06:27 PM
WTF, are u saying?

Lt Dan
01-13-2012, 06:58 AM
Can I ask how you lose money when it is protected? I find that although I have 200K protection limit (fairly new to game), I still lose money when attacked even though I have less than 200K and ALL of my money is protected???

frenda
01-13-2012, 07:09 AM
In older times, electronic scooters for kids were seen generally throughout farm locations, towns or perhaps aged Italian language motion pictures. Motor scooters were seen as an gadget for youngsters instead of an authentic transport vehicle. On the other hand, with all the escalating disarray throughout urban areas and also urban centers, most modern metropolis inhabitants did start to look at electronic scooters for kids regarding grownups like a actual along with handy answer to their particular day-to-day commutation troubles.
Elecrtic scooters for adults (http://electricscootersfor.com/)

Dude, is the scooter a gold or loot item? I need to gets'me one of dem... ;)

Wildfire
01-13-2012, 08:26 AM
Dude, is the scooter a gold or loot item? I need to gets'me one of dem... ;)

I think it would need to be gold, otherwise it would be a high casualty item! Good attack potential though saw a kid in the park with one a few months ago and they were taking no prisoners going downhill!

frenda
01-13-2012, 08:30 AM
Imagine it with .50 Cals mounted on it... Killer gold unit!!! 300 Atk and 200 Def for sure.

Flipmode
01-13-2012, 08:51 AM
Lt Dan, I'd guess they actually 'Raided' one of your money buildings rather than attacking you directly.

If your money is ready to to collect but you have not yet picked it up then they can raid your building for cash. Sorry if you knew that already, but you said you were quite new.