PDA

View Full Version : Experiences

duder
12-02-2011, 05:59 AM
So, I'm willing to be a lot of folks poking around in here probably play crime city as well. I was wondering if folks noticed many differences in the game mechanics/rules?

Just a few things that seem to be interesting:

-The entire inventory is like explosives but... well, you lose them more.
I was really surprised to lose inventory doing a map mission, but there you are! I got really excited about farming tree snipers from the boss on the second map until I realized my top infantry were getting wasted! Oh well...

-Fight rewards seem different.
I keep hoping that beating up on folks will allow me to augment my inventory but so far in 30 fights won (where I was actually the aggressor, if you believe that!) no drops other than valor and xp (not complaining...).

-Defense buildings have range.
So... I was really surprised to see that in the forms. I'll have to figure out what that means to me, though I'm taking a more mellow approach with regards to my economy this time around.

-Expansions have a set size.
No more expanding along an entire border... I'm curious about the cost mechanics here.

-Vault has no cost but needs upgrades.
Hm... interesting...

What else are folks seeing?

Agent Orange
12-02-2011, 06:30 AM
Vault has a cost plus the biggerbthe upgrades the longer it takes to build.

For fights look at your goals, you will have several things to achieve, x number of fights won against rivals at or above a specified level, fights won against rivals with a specified number of allies, or just winng x number of consequtive fights.

When you complete those goals you gain extra valor and xp. Valor can be extremely useful in the higher levels as it can be used to buy Stealth Frigates which have a decent attack value or other weapons.

Some items such as medics increase your defensive strength this is addeddirectly to the totals you see in your profile.

Ok now that you know most of my secrets please add me to your allie list! ;^)

863 440 860

Popeye The Sailor Man
12-02-2011, 08:12 AM
I think you can firstly assume everything is like cc
Firstly valour is respect, get valour equipment it's better then cash equipment remember all your items are at risk all the time it seems that this is down to a risk factor which is different depending on the items.

To get more valor I'm guessing you have to complete the goals like on cc for instance win 2 fights in a row That's how I got all my Yamaha bikes on cc so I'll apply the same dynamics to this.

The thing I'm doing at the moment is building all the money buildings since ROI is much higher on this game possible to counter the consumable aspect.

Also im focusing all my encomical power into sea power. To make maximum use of my bonus.

Anyone else playing like this?

Edit: defence building are **** now tho

Agent Orange
12-02-2011, 08:43 AM
Goals give you bonus valor.

I also am working on sea power, have 87 stealth frigates plus a lot of medics and some lower value soldiers. I realized that the sub pen is a waste of cash for two reasons, the weapons it unlocks are too expensive and it takes forever to upgrade plus cost too much money. I stopped at l6 shipyard and built a crapload of frigates. They get wacked fairly easily in battle but once you have done a lot of fights you get big valor bonuses.

I built a lot of defensive buildings even though nobody seems to have figured out what their defensive multiplier is. If you just make a lot of money buildings but have weak defense value someone can come in and wipe you out, unless you are on a lot and can keep clearing them before you get raided.

Allie me and see how I've placed my Sams in the middle of my money buildings plus overlapped coverage. I don't think you can see the blue range halos though just the base owner can.

863 440 860

I upgraded to turrets as fast as I could afford to, then Sams.

I have not bought gold or cash. If you do buy the high attack and defense value SSGN, Cobra gunships...

But the trick is either to have a couple of allies and a few (as many units as your allie count allows) or get a crapload of allies which allows you to bring more units into battle, I think I can bring 180 units out of my profiles total right now. This shows up in your attack results, worth looking at during a fight as it also tracks units you might have lost.

Best setup was a guy with 3 allies and several Nighthawks. By keeping the low allie count he stays grouped in with weak players since new players don't have many allies.

Been tempted to drop my allie count and give him a real nasty surprise when I figure out the cutoff point. So if you see me asking folks to add me again you'll know what happened.

The big mistake going the other way are the new players with hundreds of allies and no decent weapons, they get massacred because they are being grouped with guys like me at the opposite end of the scale. Granted they are handy for gaining pts towards goals.

Agent Orange
12-02-2011, 08:54 AM
Link to my replies to your older post.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?13400-Inital-10-gold&p=65610#post65610

If link is crapped it's popeyes 10 gold thread. I hate writing on the iPad.

Popeye The Sailor Man
12-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Yeah it's the same way that cc works just keep with the guys you can fight don't add mafia too quick. Make others add you and let the adds accumulate till your ready to expand.

The money seems to come in quick on this game will be interesting to see what I get my hourly rate up too

duder
12-02-2011, 09:36 AM
@ popeye

That's pretty much my assumption - I'm actually pushing an aggressive offense low ally with valor equips strategy. I started this morning and I've been able to get to lvl 9 in a few hours (I've lost one fight/raid so far). I hoping to see some better xp and valor per fight/raid payouts at some point, but we'll see...

The ROIs are much better, but it doesn't look lik you can't jump down the build chain like you could in crime city, so I'm eschewing the economic portion this time (I make money from your buildings, thank you!)

Duke.0
12-02-2011, 10:12 PM
From what i have seen:

1) "HINT" in this game says

"Each ally allows you to bring 4 additional units with you into battle"

....Which means...you can bring 4 of anything into a battle?

2) Valour is the same as Respect points

3) it seems everything is like explosives and is expendable

I'll report more when i find out more, i just started 10 minutes ago :)

Duke.0
12-02-2011, 10:19 PM
4) you can raid buildings 3 times now (my example was a command center) and all 3 times bring in money. First was 1500 Second was 1500 and third time was 3000

youj
12-02-2011, 10:48 PM
4) you can raid buildings 3 times now (my example was a command center) and all 3 times bring in money. First was 1500 Second was 1500 and third time was 3000

Yup, in this game you win a lot and lose a lot. I once raided a level 5 Biodome and 500k from it.

duder
12-03-2011, 07:02 AM
@ Duke
Yep, you can bring 4 of anything. If you picked a country other than US or Iran, you can have your entire inventory be based on the unit type your nation has an advantage in to get an overall 10% boost to atk/def.

Duke.0
12-03-2011, 10:38 AM
So ideally you would want your army based on your specialty (i picked germany) so i would have more ground units and spend more money on ground stuff than air or what ever...

duder
12-03-2011, 10:44 AM
that's the idea.

One quick note - the fighting economics on this game are very different. Where in CC you can be really successful focusing on an atk/def per ally, MW is all about maintaining an army. I'm beginning to think it is important to have enough allies to be able to bring cannon fodder to protect your stronger inventory pieces - stuff with a higher burn rate to protect your lower burn more powerful pieces.

If you want to pursue a small army strategy the only viable option is to have a really big economy so that you can replace the pieces you lose. Otherwise your loss per fight will far outweigh your reward per fight. Just something to think about...

Duke.0
12-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Whats the max army size for the game? Your level x 5 ?

And what is your name on Modern war? i think you accepted me but i'm not sure .

duder
12-03-2011, 10:55 AM
I did accept you!

I'm playing as duder. Not certain on max size, I'm at level 14 and I only have 8 allies. I only just realized that I really needed more - I burned through a lot of valor units, but my burn rate on good units has gone down since I started bringing light gunners to my fights.

Duke.0
12-03-2011, 10:59 AM
Something interesting i was noticing duder...

when i clicked on a GOLD tank, it said its strong against ground units.

I clicked on a GOLD plane, it said its strong against air units.

Which could lead one to believe, that to have a successful army, you must have some of everything? If your opponent is from China, you would have to match their infantry to compete.
If your opponent is from Russia, you have to be proficient in air attacks too.

What do you think about this? Is this something to consider? This would prevent people from just stocking up on their specialty area and force people to use all the items in the game.

llee31
12-09-2011, 12:28 AM
Hey,

Just wondering if you guys are experiencing any lost inventory, that is not reflected in the status window.

Kinda new to the game and clearly I don't have much inventory. Decided to get the relatively expensive items (based on level) ie the Bradley Fighting Vehicle - 35k. I had one about 12 hrs ago. And now I don't. Checked the status in the last 12 hrs. And there was no indication that I lost it during a pvp encounter. As for pve, i lose minor things - a truck here, a gunner there. All cheap.

Are they implementing time wipes on items to force more participation in the game?

youj
12-09-2011, 01:09 AM
Hey,

Just wondering if you guys are experiencing any lost inventory, that is not reflected in the status window.

Kinda new to the game and clearly I don't have much inventory. Decided to get the relatively expensive items (based on level) ie the Bradley Fighting Vehicle - 35k. I had one about 12 hrs ago. And now I don't. Checked the status in the last 12 hrs. And there was no indication that I lost it during a pvp encounter. As for pve, i lose minor things - a truck here, a gunner there. All cheap.

Are they implementing time wipes on items to force more participation in the game?

You probably lost it from pvp. Your news doesn't display all of your units that were lost, only some to fit the screen. I always think quantity > quality. It is probably better to buy cheaper units buy in greater amount than expensive units. That way when you lose some units, it is not that expensive to buy them back again.

Tramp Stamp
12-09-2011, 09:39 AM
It works just like CC: buy the most expensive unit you can max out your army with. For a lot of players this will be Engineers and/or Transports.

EpicNecro1
08-02-2013, 11:16 PM
TrampStamp is wrong.