PDA

View Full Version : Inital 10 gold

Popeye The Sailor Man
12-01-2011, 03:54 AM
As far as I can see there is no purpose to the initial ten as you can't buy anything. I might stop complaining about the prices on crime city.

Also looks as If you can use 4 items per alliance so I could use 4 sea or 4 air if I wanted?

I donno about this game seems to be far more complicated to me And I don't understand the defence... Range wtf is that

Agent Orange
12-01-2011, 07:01 AM
Range appears to be the area that the item defends, when you click one the item a blue halo appears around items with it's range but have no idea what calculation is used for the ret of it.

Agent Orange
12-01-2011, 07:02 AM
Damn iPad...

whocareswhatmynameis
12-01-2011, 07:30 AM
i want my ICECREAM SHOP equivalent!!!

Popeye The Sailor Man
12-01-2011, 10:38 AM
That's what I'm saying I want 2 basketball courts -.- there is nothing you can buy.

So defence doesn't effect attacks? Only robberies on certain buildings making them pretty much useless and a waste of money?

Dorian Gray
12-01-2011, 11:07 AM
That's what I'm saying I want 2 basketball courts -.- there is nothing you can buy.

So defence doesn't effect attacks? Only robberies on certain buildings making them pretty much useless and a waste of money?

C'mon Popeye, I can't start this game untill you get a guide done for it!! lol

youj
12-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Also looks as If you can use 4 items per alliance so I could use 4 sea or 4 air if I wanted?

Yes, you don't need one unit of each type for each ally you have now. If you are a British general, then it is probably in your best interest to get 4 ships.

Agent Orange
12-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Only time you can make use of 10 little bitty bars of gold is on level 1 maybe 2 to speed up the building process. After that the times for everything start to increase until it takes forever to do things like expand your base, add buildings or upgrade.

To make matters worse at the beginning (1 week ago) if you upgraded your vault the upgrade failed. If you tried to force it using 1 gold bar the game sucked out all 10 or worse it went past the time need to complete and the counter went negative on gold bars. If you clicked on it at that point the game again sucked away all your gold bars.

The defensive buildings I don't fully understand. It appears as if they do enhance the defensive ability of the cash producing buildings they are protecting. When you click on the defensive buildings you get a blue halo around buildings close by so my guess is that those buildings are in the defensive zone but have no idea of the formula used and what these defensive buildings actually do. The Guard Towers seem to 'halo' a smaller footprint of the base than the Sams. The other thing I don't know is if overlapping these things helps. My gut feeling is they do but again there seems to be no information about any of it. Regardless I build a crapload of Sams, turrents and holding cells and grouped the buildings I wanted to protect around them. Not just placed this stuff here and there so it looked pretty.

Things I would do differently if I was starting again.

-expand my base as much as I could in the beginning.
-not collect a crapload of allies, this seems to want to put you in with much tougher rivals.
-think about the buildings I need, for example I'm playing the UK so maxing out my seapower is the most effective way build my attack.
-use your vault, to complete goals you need to attack others and if they haven't used their vaults you get their cash as well. I'm almost feeling guilty about wacking some poor blokes. Well not really but it must suck to get cleaned out.

Dorian Gray
12-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Things I would do differently if I was starting again.

-expand my base as much as I could in the beginning.
-not collect a crapload of allies, this seems to want to put you in with much tougher rivals.
-think about the buildings I need, for example I'm playing the UK so maxing out my seapower is the most effective way build my attack.
-use your vault, to complete goals you need to attack others and if they haven't used their vaults you get their cash as well. I'm almost feeling guilty about wacking some poor blokes. Well not really but it must suck to get cleaned out.

Thank you very much for helping new players learn from your mistakes, you are a very good person. Posts like this are very helpful for newcomers. Funzio is very good at being extremely 'vague' when it comes to the mechanics of how their games work. Learning from your own mistakes is not very much help in Funzio games because by then it's usually too late because it's a mistake you can't take back.

It's really quite puzzling!?!? You'd think Funzio wants as many people as possible to start playing as soon as possible. But because the game mechanics are always such a mystery, I know many people who will hold off playing this game untill some sort of concensus is reached about what irreversible mistakes should not be made. The system is backwards as far as I'm concerned. It punishes veteran players who are there from the start, and rewards the new players with a chance to make informed decisions based on the mistakes of those who did all the hard work of figuring out how the game works. If anyone is coming here from CCity I'm sure they know exactly what I'm talking about.

Syn
12-01-2011, 02:34 PM
i want my ICECREAM SHOP equivalent!!!

Hahaha, I was wondering when someone was going to bring this up. That was my same reaction. I told this guy (http://i.imgur.com/YGbgL.jpg), "Hell no! Trick me once shame on you.."

Agent Orange
12-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Thank you very much for helping new players learn from your mistakes, you are a very good person. Posts like this are very helpful for newcomers. Funzio is very good at being extremely 'vague' when it comes to the mechanics of how their games work. Learning from your own mistakes is not very much help in Funzio games because by then it's usually too late because it's a mistake you can't take back.

It's really quite puzzling!?!? You'd think Funzio wants as many people as possible to start playing as soon as possible. But because the game mechanics are always such a mystery, I know many people who will hold off playing this game untill some sort of concensus is reached about what irreversible mistakes should not be made. The system is backwards as far as I'm concerned. It punishes veteran players who are there from the start, and rewards the new players with a chance to make informed decisions based on the mistakes of those who did all the hard work of figuring out how the game works. If anyone is coming here from CCity I'm sure they know exactly what I'm talking about.

Thanks! I've never played CCity but if it's as vague as this game yikes.

From what I gather this game is only a couple of weeks old and was only just released outside of Canada. I've been playing for just over a week and the learning curve has been pretty steep so far. Plus as we've been playing Funzio has been making changes to the game. For example some of us were in the midst of a vault upgrade from 500,000 to 1,000,000 when they changed it to only 750,000 and tripled the amount of time it would take to complete. Plus they reset our counters, I was about 24 hours away from completing the vault when it suddenly changed to 100 hours. Then when it completed it was no longer 1,000,000 but was 750,000.

The only other things I can warn you all about is that as you progress up through the levels everything starts to take longer to complete in terms of adding area to your base or building buildings. I'm at Level 45 and it now takes days to do anything and we are still limited to only upgrading 1 item at a time, or building one structure at a time or on block of ground to expand the base. Plus the cost of buying some upgrades or buildings seems to be increasing as I go up through the levels. That last one I might be wrong on as they have been making a lot of changes and additions to the game as we've been playing which makes forming any sort of strategy nearly impossible.

One other headache I can warn you about is building the Shipyard and Sub Pen. I screwed up and didn't realize that the sub pen needs to be built on a square that is pretty much completely on the water. Not sure if this is making sense but if you look at the bottom end of your base you will notice that the shoreline is not even and as you add squares of land or water some parts are not fully on land or water. I screwed up and thought I could put my sub pen to the left of my shipyard, nope it's partly on land. So then I decided to build out onto the water wasting a pile of cash and time. Then I discovered if I had moved my shipyard to the left it can actually straddle a bit of land while the sub pen can't!

The flip side is land bases cannot straddle the water either so you could wind up screwed depending on how you've configured your base. Oh and all of the pads of land or water have to be linked to each other. In other words you can't have some stuff in one area and some in another without them being linked. You also cannot move the pads of land or water once they are placed and you start the construction process.

You can however sell buildings once they are completed but they don't tell you what they are worth until you sell them! Buildings can be moved around as well and there are some weird glitches with the game in that some of my oldest buildings are sitting on spaces that are now too small. If you move and check the green tick mark they will be moved to the new spot but if you click the red X the building will revert back to it's old space even if it is now too small. Weird.

You can collect 1000 by visiting your allies. Click clipboard, click more, click visit allies, and then click visit. A dialog box pops up which allows you to collect the 1000. The PITA is that you have to do this for each individual! Now way to do a group hit and there is also a bug which prevents you from going past about 30 allies before you stop getting the dialog box to collect your 1000. I think this is a once a day feature as well. Oh and of course this money has to be put in your vault.

The game is also very crash prone.

If you are doing the map challenges, make notes as you can get some bonus items when defeating or destroying some items. For example the aircraft carrier in the Offshore Drilling Rig scenario, the Cargo Truck in the Communications Outpost, the bomber in the Trafficer Base etc. These bonus items may change and you can hit them multiple times not just once......

Dorian Gray
12-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Thanks again Agent Orange, this is really a wealth of information that will really help people like me a lot as we get started in this game. You should check out Crime City, just know that the CCity forum is FULL of awesome guides and tips that will help you get a very strong start if you decide to play that game. Give yourself a chance to learn from others mistakes for once. lol :)

P.S. - Crime City has been around a lot longer than this game and they're still making changes to the game mechanics behind the scenes that seem to throw off certain people's strategies. Something about Funzio games it seems, a very love/hate/love/hate relationship. But they're very addicting indeed, so I can't help but continue to play.

duder
12-02-2011, 07:36 AM
Is anyone else finding it's more fun to raid folks command centers then attack them directly? 1500 a pop, 3k if you knock it off! Oh... this is a good ole time... I might not build any economic buildings this time around.

Popeye The Sailor Man
12-02-2011, 07:51 AM
Just my thought... But maybe the gold system is so rubbish is because there gonna give free gold out therefore by increasing all costs of any gold item so that people might still buy gold... Still prefer crime city at the moment but maybe this game will grow on me... Maybe

Agent Orange
12-02-2011, 08:49 AM
More lucrative to decimate players who don't use their vaults. 20k plus per hit = a ****load of dough.

Agent Orange
12-02-2011, 08:50 AM
Link to my replies to your older post.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?13400-Inital-10-gold&p=65610#post65610

If link is crapped it's popeyes 10 gold thread. I hate writing on the iPad.

BigWooly
06-20-2013, 09:39 AM

vorm
06-20-2013, 10:39 AM

How many pointless bumps to very old threads are you going to do? I would tell you to read the posting guidelines, but you aren't going to care as you are apparently just here to troll.

SGT Rud
06-20-2013, 10:44 AM
I will assume it is the same guy from two weeks ago doing it. The same guy that made 5 different new accounts to troll from. And spoke of hacking to annoy us.