PDA

View Full Version : Explosives Useage has changed

skunk
11-28-2011, 02:01 AM
I'm now using explosives in almost every fight and almost every robbery, regardless of how powerfull the player is.
So they are now uneconomical to have as I can't afford to keep replacing them.
Each and every attack costs me about $6k in explosives !

They were nice while they lasted but I guess things change for better and for worse.

It would be nice for the developers to let us know when things change though!
In fact, that is the one thing I want Mark to do from his "What do you want " post.
Just a 2 minute forums post each time they tweak something.

Anubis
11-28-2011, 02:13 AM
One thing worth exploring, is i've had 1xHand Grenade sitting in my inventory for a long time with 250 cocktails. If I lose it only seems to take my cocktails. Maybe the loss starts with your lowest? If that was the case you could keep 100 Cocktails on hand all the time while you invest in the more pricey ones. As your using and losing explosives all the time maybe you could test that out?

skunk
11-28-2011, 02:17 AM
have 300 molitovs, 60 hand grens and 60 frags.
It takes 3 or 4 of each every fight/robbery now !

wupuck
11-28-2011, 02:45 AM
have 300 molitovs, 60 hand grens and 60 frags.
It takes 3 or 4 of each every fight/robbery now !

Ive noticed that if you have alot of "spares" it seems to take more. I seldom have more then 3-5 "spares" before each battle. Also, if I'm w/in 10% of (my attack v their defense) I will use explosives

It also helps that I have alot more attack then the defense the folks I have.

Mb Tnk
11-28-2011, 03:41 AM
I'm now using explosives in almost every fight and almost every robbery....

Yep, all of this changed on the 22nd of Nov... makes explosives a total waste of money.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?13046-Fight-Robbery-percentages-changed&p=62077&viewfull=1#post62077

Markkemark
11-28-2011, 06:52 AM
I don't know if that is true...I have all my mafia equipped with attack explosives a d I have been robbing all morning and haven't lost a single one!

brutus beefcake
11-28-2011, 07:10 AM
Im not touching explosives unless im making over 100,000/hr. and even then they will mostly act as a deterrent to balloon my stats much higher than they actually are.

Max Power
11-28-2011, 07:25 AM
I don't know if that is true...I have all my mafia equipped with attack explosives a d I have been robbing all morning and haven't lost a single one!

Same with me.

Mb Tnk
11-28-2011, 07:25 AM

No, the increased change in consumption comes during PvP, not robbings.

Max, are you in the 90's now, or about to get there?

skunk
11-28-2011, 07:29 AM
I'm using 10 - 15 explosives per robbery now too !

Mb Tnk
11-28-2011, 07:36 AM
I have 16k att with att explosives, I have not used one on robbings since coming into the 90's, but then again, no one in the 90's has a good enough defense to stop me, and if it looks like I might not win the rob, I don't rob, BUT on PvP, I'm loosing att explosive to players with a little as 10k player defense.... That's total BS.

whocareswhatmynameis
11-28-2011, 07:41 AM
i havent' seen any changes in my explosive weapons. still have my molotovs intact.

edit:

so are my defensive explosives (although i suspect this will be depleted soon :()

Duke.0
11-28-2011, 08:20 AM
I have no change with my attack explosives at all.

My defense explosives got mostly used up protecting robberies.

Max Power
11-28-2011, 10:05 AM
No, the increased change in consumption comes during PvP, not robbings.

Max, are you in the 90's now, or about to get there?

I am at 87. Still find plenty of people with a big enough stat gap to not use explosives. I have no defense explosive, just Molotovs and a few grenades.

Anubis
11-28-2011, 10:52 AM
Ive got 13.6K att at 91, havn't lost any fights. The odd robbery i've lost its only the molo's that get taken.

rustbinlid
11-28-2011, 12:21 PM
I'm now using explosives in almost every fight and almost every robbery, regardless of how powerfull the player is.
So they are now uneconomical to have as I can't afford to keep replacing them.
Each and every attack costs me about $6k in explosives !

They were nice while they lasted but I guess things change for better and for worse.

It would be nice for the developers to let us know when things change though!
In fact, that is the one thing I want Mark to do from his "What do you want " post.
Just a 2 minute forums post each time they tweak something.

I will not tell you how to play, personally, I will not buy any more explosives as I would rather increase stats permanently than temp just for today.

Duke.0
11-28-2011, 12:54 PM
I don't think of it as a temp boost to attack. I think of it as using full equipment for a fight.

I got 218 mafia and i use 1090 equipment. Each mafia is fully equipped with 1 car, 1 armor, 1 melee, 1 gun and 1 explosive.

Anubis
11-30-2011, 12:58 PM
Whats pissing me off is losing att+ explosives occasionally when you win. If I lose them on a win, it always seems to be between 3-6.

Duke.0
11-30-2011, 01:35 PM
If you loose attack explosives during a win, go find another person to battle, you are not strong enough.

Somebody posted before their idea of explosives was the Canary in the Cole Mine.

Mb Tnk
11-30-2011, 03:04 PM
If you loose attack explosives during a win, go find another person to battle, you are not strong enough.

Somebody posted before their idea of explosives was the Canary in the Cole Mine.

"Somebody" also posted that they can beat and win against the same rival with and without explosives, but loose explosives when they are part of his items.