PDA

View Full Version : Why do people always ask you to add them instead of just adding you?

procsyzarc
11-23-2011, 12:00 PM
Makes me laugh. My whole comments list if filled with people saying add me bla bla bla xxx xxx xxx.
Yet my code is there for them to add me so why don't people just send an invite rather than putting there code in a comment asking to be invited, they have already typed in their code to go in the comment it would have been less effot to put mine in the add mafia section and would mean I wouldn't have to decide weather or not to write down their code down go to the add section and add them meaning they are more likely to actally be added. So now I don't add any of these people just wait till I find them (normally easy since normally they are people who attacked and failed) and rob every building and beat them till they can be beaten no more.

Not really a question just something I find odd with people playing this game, I assume everyone gets the same thing

rustbinlid
11-23-2011, 12:23 PM
Not every player puts their own code on their wall. So if I came to your hood in desperate need of a friend I would do the same. So that is the likely reason when you read someone else's wall. If you keep your own updated your visitors are just lazy.

Dorian Gray
11-23-2011, 12:36 PM
It's misleading because when you look at you own wall your code is there in big blue numbers on the upper left. But if anyone else looks at your wall it's not there for them to see.

badd
11-23-2011, 03:49 PM
i feel ya man, i commented on my own wall with my code and they keep dropping by and leaving their code and asking me to add them? i normally just delete the comment and keep robbing/attacking. most of them end up coming back and adding me :)

procsyzarc
11-23-2011, 04:43 PM
It's misleading because when you look at you own wall your code is there in big blue numbers on the upper left. But if anyone else looks at your wall it's not there for them to see.

I have my code on my wall and re post in regularly so it stays near the top yet people will still post even right above it saying add me bla bla bla xxx xxx xxx

Popeye The Sailor Man
11-24-2011, 12:30 AM
The reason is ( I've never done it ) by getting people to add you it allows you to control the rate in which you accept and expand for instance I have 660 pending requests I can accept them when I like all I did was post on the forums and leave my code on my wall ( deleting any left there sigh ) and before you know it everyone wants to be your friend

K@le
11-24-2011, 12:54 AM
People do it because they are lazy and dont read, they copy paste there code into your comment wall thats way faster then copy your code into their add maffia section.
So they dont typ it in your comment wall but they paste it !!

G Wiz
11-24-2011, 02:08 AM
I wouldn't have to decide weather or not to write down their code downi hope u know that the copy n paste function works within crime city.

Also when you post on walls it advertises your code to a bigger base.

downset
11-24-2011, 02:13 AM
i hope u know that the copy n paste function works within crime city.

Also when you post on walls it advertises your code to a bigger base.

not only does copy paste work, you can just paste an entire post someone left on your wall, and as long as there arent other numbers in it you just paste the lot and it parses out the code

but yeah to the original question, i wondered too, but then realised it's not for the person it's posted to, but the other people that will look there (generally). Once i started posting my code on others wall, i had requests coming in at a nice rate, look for people where lots of people have put their numbers, and you normally get more results from them :)

Anubis
11-24-2011, 05:02 AM
I have 660 pending requests I can accept them when I like all I did was post on the forums and leave my code on my wall ( deleting any left there sigh ) and before you know it everyone wants to be your friend

Thats wierd, my pending requests stops at 30. Do you have a screen shot?

I stuggled to build friends at first, and hated inputting codes. I tried leaving my code on screen but that doesn't help really. The best tactic by far is to paste your code into ppl's hoods you visit and before long you will have more requests then you need. I keep my mafia at 500, but my quick and easy xxx-xxx-xxx posts on ppls pages made the bore of keying in codes not needed.

whocareswhatmynameis
11-24-2011, 05:47 AM
Thats wierd, my pending requests stops at 30. Do you have a screen shot?

i have 402 pending and growing! my strategy was:
1) posted on my wall
2) included code in signature (see below)
3) advertised in this forum's "invite mafia" section