PDA

View Full Version : How to tell how well equipped your mob is...

eb0nyknight
11-23-2011, 05:53 AM
Is there an easy way to see how well equipped your mob is? I am getting tired of just trying to buy stuff and see if it will bump up my att/def by the proper amount. I also don't want to count all of my individual weapons to see if they are equipped properly. I have 700 + weapons and only 150 mob (I cut down from 400), but I still see my mob using hatchbacks and no pickup trucks, even though they are better. They are also using gloves and I have better armor available.

Am I missing an easy way to do this or are you all just doing it the hard way?

David Abraham
11-23-2011, 06:12 AM
Doing it the hard way here. A few of us already posted this in the suggestion area for Mark to read. Hopefully they will add a feature in the game soon.

Cooz
11-23-2011, 06:24 AM
The only sure way is to just record all your items on a spreadsheet, and update them accordingly. A complete and total pain in the ass, but when you finish it, updating isn't very hard (assuming you're by your computer when you're playing).

Outside of that, you gotta keep in mind you have separate weapons for attack and defense. My armor attacks down to 3, but in defense, it's 6. Different weapons are used, depending on whether you're attacking or defending, so you have to make separate lists.

What's even more fun is the fact you cannot see what you're defending with, so you have to assume.

Anubis
11-23-2011, 06:32 AM
In all honesty its better there is no feature. The game (lets face it) is of a simplistic but addictive nature. Having everything in front of us will make it boring and people will care less. Its not hard to count, or spend some time working things out.

If every number and score was in front of us there would be nothing worth playing for any person with a little intelligiance.

skunk
11-23-2011, 06:33 AM
Save up some repect points and record your att/def before and after adding something substantial.
It should give you an idea of what you are using down to.
So if you buy a race bike 13/12 and it only adds 8/8 then you know you are using vehicles down to 5 for attack and 4 for defense (highly unlikely since all of us prolly still use 1/1 junkers!!

(Edit: Just bought a 200 repsect Columbian knife 11/9, it added 9/8. So for melee I'm using right down to 2 attack 1 defense items !! (Crowbars / baseball bats))

Bear in mind it will be different weapon for attack and defense as the stats are different, so you'll be using your armoured trucks for def, but not for att.

Works for all weapons and does give a good idea of what you are using.

Couple this with adding/removing one mafia and see what they add/remove.
The total should be near the total you have from the above method :)

I think you'll find that your last few mafia are using pea shooters as they add only 6 - 8 per member !!!
1 is a molitov, one is a junker, so that's 4 - 6 for the total of Guns, melee & Armour !! Shocking !!

eb0nyknight
11-23-2011, 07:06 AM
Couple this with adding/removing one mafia and see what they add/remove.
The total should be near the total you have from the above method :)

I think you'll find that your last few mafia are using pea shooters as they add only 6 - 8 per member !!!
1 is a molitov, one is a junker, so that's 4 - 6 for the total of Guns, melee & Armour !! Shocking !!

From where? I removed a mob member and both my attk and def, went down, but I have no idea what changed in the dynamic. Even if there were a place like after an attack to see what I am using that would be helpful. I don't want to have to "attack" someone, just to see what I am using.

I still don't understand why I am using 49 hatchbacks, when I have 18 pickups available. Does this mean, I will have to go up to 49 pickups before they stop using the hatchbacks? If so, then that is an exponential drain on resources as I go up in rank. Even talking about this is a little silly, since there is no where for me to see the difference in using a better equipped force.

I have been trying to get weapons that give me a decent bump, but I am now level 43 and assault rifles don't give the full benefit anymore. for me, that's 6-12 hours worth of collecting at 14K an hour income at 36K a pop! I am trying to stick to respect weapons, but trying to save the respect for the challenges is frustrating as well. I thought it was just earning the respect to fulfill those goals, but you have to stock pile it. Grrrr....

It's getting to the point how figuring what to buy is getting from being fun to being a chore. I know you have to work at it a little, but this is a game and should be fun as well.

skunk
11-23-2011, 07:25 AM
Ah, you are relying on wha you see in your attack screen - dont !
It's not an accurate representation.

Go into profile and write down your att/def values.
Mine is 10971 / 11644 for example.
Then add an item, I just bought a tommy gun (10/6) and my stats changed to 10979 / 11648 so I gained 8/4, or I am using my weapons right down to the 2 attack 2 defense ones like machine pistols etc!!
I did same for Columbian knif and found I was still using things like baseball bats !

I have not atacked anyone to see this info, just bought a few small items.
Heck, I could have bought brass knuckles for $540 and an AK-47 for $2,700 and found the same info.
It also shows that brass knuckles for me are still usefull! Sure enough, I bought a pair and got a 1/1 boost to my stats.
Not bad so I'll buy a few more :)

eb0nyknight
11-23-2011, 07:50 AM
I just bought a pair and the plant just smiled and said "Feed Me".

Didn't do a damn thing for me.

So am I better off buying a large cache of one item until it doesn't do any good anymore, or buying small amounts of bigger and better weapons, each time? So that the small amounts get replaced quicker?

Also PvP items are just junk to me now. Rarely will I get an item that does any boost anymore. Like I just got a butterfly knife. 5/5, and got no boost yet I can get a butcher knife 6/4 and still get some bang....

Nevermind, I forgot...you have to exit and restart to see the bump. This game is starting to piss me off with all the tweaks you have to do to get it to work right.....

>:(

whocareswhatmynameis
11-23-2011, 08:42 AM
if you want to monitor your weapon cache AND you NEED to have patience to do that, i advice documenting all weapons on spreadsheet (@Cooz) and figuring out where you would get greatest bang for your buck. otherwise, do what @skunk suggests- see how much your att/def stat increase with each weapon purchase. personally, since i haven't equipped all my mafia with vehicles (like most players), all my purchases go to cars (my preference is the yamaha bike).

rustbinlid
11-23-2011, 08:56 AM
The only sure way is to just record all your items on a spreadsheet, and update them accordingly. A complete and total pain in the ass, but when you finish it, updating isn't very hard (assuming you're by your computer when you're playing).

Outside of that, you gotta keep in mind you have separate weapons for attack and defense. My armor attacks down to 3, but in defense, it's 6. Different weapons are used, depending on whether you're attacking or defending, so you have to make separate lists.

What's even more fun is the fact you cannot see what you're defending with, so you have to assume.

Do you have to do a spreadsheet? I simply counted the weapons and noted the stats. I know by now what needs replacing and what is not being used.

rustbinlid
11-23-2011, 08:58 AM
I just bought a pair and the plant just smiled and said "Feed Me".

Didn't do a damn thing for me.

So am I better off buying a large cache of one item until it doesn't do any good anymore, or buying small amounts of bigger and better weapons, each time? So that the small amounts get replaced quicker?

Also PvP items are just junk to me now. Rarely will I get an item that does any boost anymore. Like I just got a butterfly knife. 5/5, and got no boost yet I can get a butcher knife 6/4 and still get some bang....

Nevermind, I forgot...you have to exit and restart to see the bump. This game is starting to piss me off with all the tweaks you have to do to get it to work right.....

>:(

It is a free game.

Duke.0
11-23-2011, 09:01 AM
I just added a Tommy Gun and it gave me +5 attack.

But yes, the advice in this thread is good so i'm not going to re-post it again. Read the posts in this thread :)

Dorian Gray
11-23-2011, 11:17 AM
In all honesty its better there is no feature. The game (lets face it) is of a simplistic but addictive nature. Having everything in front of us will make it boring and people will care less. Its not hard to count, or spend some time working things out.

If every number and score was in front of us there would be nothing worth playing for any person with a little intelligiance.

What, do use an abacus to do arithmetic? Thanks but no thanks, I'll use a calculator. You may find going through the tedious job of keeping tabs on hundreds of mafia worth of inventory fun, but I don't. I really don't think 'intelligence' has anything to do with it. Give me a list of my mafia members and what they're all carrying and I'd be happy. You can keep using your spreadsheet, no one will stop you.

Cooz
12-04-2011, 08:49 AM
Do you have to do a spreadsheet? I simply counted the weapons and noted the stats. I know by now what needs replacing and what is not being used.

You are a smarter person than I =)

Tujik
12-04-2011, 10:06 AM
you can just divide your total attack or defense by how many mffia you have. a good rule of thumb is to be around the number 30, for a good solid profile. I had too many mafia so mine was around 16 or 17 but I removed some mafia and bought a lot more equipment. hope this helped a little. its much easier than going through a spreedsheet lol.

MadHatter
12-04-2011, 11:51 AM
I have a much easier way :P

Wakes
12-07-2011, 11:51 AM
I think it would make the game a lot better if they organized these stats for us in some way to start with and explained how this works in the help section under how to play.

I agree with Dorian, this is not really about intelligence but more the fact that you have to spend a crap load of time making spreadsheets to keep track of things as you progress if you know how. A lot of people just don't want to take the time to do that, not because they don't know how in my opinion.

But then again I've been asking around on how these formulas work and lots of senior members are still debating how it works. I can't imagine how confused thousands of users are that dint join these forums.

I think the math and planning in the game is important but if they helped lay this out more and organize it we would spend the time planning hood economics and other strategy which would turn out more productive because we have a better idea of what to buy and when instead of being confused.

Tramp Stamp
12-07-2011, 11:53 AM
Deleting equipment, even for no money back, would go a long way. Or a sort by atk/def option.

Max Power
12-07-2011, 01:57 PM
I think it would make the game a lot better if they organized these stats for us in some way to start with and explained how this works in the help section under how to play.

I agree with Dorian, this is not really about intelligence but more the fact that you have to spend a crap load of time making spreadsheets to keep track of things as you progress if you know how. A lot of people just don't want to take the time to do that, not because they don't know how in my opinion.

But then again I've been asking around on how these formulas work and lots of senior members are still debating how it works. I can't imagine how confused thousands of users are that dint join these forums.

I think the math and planning in the game is important but if they helped lay this out more and organize it we would spend the time planning hood economics and other strategy which would turn out more productive because we have a better idea of what to buy and when instead of being confused.

That's been a common lament, and while a little more clarity would be convenient, realistically a huge element designed into this game is the mystery. If they spelled everything out for us on spreadsheets, everyone would play the same, all the strategies would be the same, and not many would be having fun.

Tramp Stamp
12-07-2011, 02:02 PM
If they spelled everything out for us on spreadsheets, everyone would play the same, all the strategies would be the same, and not many would be having fun.

I'd argue the best games have hotly debated strategies even when variables are fully known.

Dorian Gray
12-07-2011, 02:19 PM
I'd argue the best games have hotly debated strategies even when variables are fully known.

I couldn't agree more... Ok, I agree much much more! Did I mention that I don't disagree with you.

Wakes
12-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Thank you!! That is my point, there are so many variable in this game that everyones strategy would still be different. We would then be able to plan better and not get as frustrated. I think many people give up on the game,especially those not in forums, because all the formulas are a secret mystery and you have to spend hours making spreadsheets and keeping track of them if your successful at figuring out how it works in the first place. And that's all on top of already spending hours a day playing this game lol!

I like the idea