PDA

View Full Version : Fight/Robbery percentages changed?

Jewnuggets
11-23-2011, 03:50 AM
Last couple days I'm noticing I'm losing more fights and roberries to players I never did before.....for example now I lose 1 in 3 or 4 fights to someone with less items and 2000 less mafia defense then I have attack. I know there is some amount of randomness but it seems completely out of whack now.

Anubis
11-23-2011, 03:59 AM
The safe area is attacking someone who has 20% less defence in comparison to your att.

If so then idk lol

Cooz
11-23-2011, 04:21 AM
The safe area is attacking someone who has 20% less defence in comparison to your att.

If so then idk lol

I wouldn't even say that. Honestly, just attack, I just had a bunch of cash taken off me by someone who had about 30 percent less attack than my defense, and he won about 50 percent of the time. There's nothing here to analyze, the game highly favors the attacker. The only defense is intimidation.

Jewnuggets
11-23-2011, 08:04 AM
No something has changed for sure....I'm losing robberies to people I never lost to before and only thing changed is different level/day....yesterday I never lost a robbery to someone with less than 15K defense now I lose every third robbery to people with 13.5K def and up.

No explanation.

khung003
11-23-2011, 08:13 AM
Somethings change recently, the fighting screen updated for everyone (most agent don't have that before), behind that maybe there are somethings we don't know, like the dropping rate for tycoons or the defense of agents, etc.

(of course most people playing this game never notice such hidden things, because they never know such things exist)

It's just too late for you to find out. I think every class now are equal, only get advantage in 10%. Just think you get advantages by your class & your victim class; now you don't have such advantages anymore.

Mb Tnk
11-23-2011, 10:09 AM
Something has definitly changed since the server update last night.

For the past 2 days I have been fighting a player with 9k att/9k def. I personally have 14k att (ya I know, no contest, but the player keeps on coming back). Previously, I can attack her/it at will without any issues (I have a large mix of explosives), never lost an explosive or a fight. Now after the update, I'm losing explosives every second attack on everyone I attack, NO MATTER what. It seems as if they have put in a forced random event to use the explosive whether it is needed or not.... if that is the case... NO POINT in buying explosives anymore.

Can anyone else see this happening as well?

Jewnuggets
11-23-2011, 10:31 AM
No something has changed for sure....I'm losing robberies to people I never lost to before and only thing changed is different level/day....yesterday I never lost a robbery to someone with less than 15K defense now I lose every third robbery to people with 13.5K def and up.

No explanation.

Jewnuggets
11-23-2011, 10:33 AM
I'm on an older version of firmware so I've never been able to update to newest version of CC so I can't explain the loss in explosives or class difference.

ronanvie
11-23-2011, 04:34 PM
I agree with Jew.
It has been changed a lot! Even I attacked people with 30% def lower, I still lose 1 or 2 times/beat up. Too bad!
I feel that randomize of losing is increase, 10%, 20% lower have similar losing rate. 30 to 50% was increase from zero.

Mb Tnk
11-23-2011, 05:19 PM
Loot drop rate for PvP fights has also changed, within the last 16hrs, 90 PvP attacks, got 1 pair of boxers... LOL what a joke. :rolleyes:

I kinda understand why they did this (but I do not agree with it), for the past 20 lvl, I`ve seen dozens, if not hundred`s of hoods where players have left the game, lots of players with very low stats cause they followed the story line. These new fighting rules favor the weaker player and in turn allow these poor stat players to somewhat still be happy and continue playing.

procsyzarc
11-23-2011, 05:51 PM
To be honest not seeing a change of 100 fights today still won 99 and the one i lost the guy had 50+ gold items and 2000 defence than my attack and still avaraging at least a 1/8 loot rate

Kords
11-23-2011, 06:01 PM
First post been reading the forums for a while now, I have noticed that I loose way more fights now to the OP have you noticed that your rivals list now show higher mafia members Im about a lvl 63 half way to 64 and I am now being matched against rivals with double the mafia members that I have.

Either there has been a change server side or maybe I have hit a specific attack or defense level that auto matches me with tougher rivals. It looks like I am being forced to expand mafia members, even if I bought more gear I would still need more members to even it out. Pretty frustrating though as I didn't want to get too big just yet I was expected the big jump up in the early 70s lvls.

K

Jewnuggets
11-23-2011, 06:06 PM
I was told previously that at level 84ish it becomes open season and all mafia above that level can start fighting you....interesting you mention that higher levels are hitting you in the 60s cause I'm at 95 and have yet to see anyone below 92.

And being able to rib higher levels to even it out like someone else said will be greatly diminished now as the rare of success has dropped so much.

Starting to lose faith in this game. Maybe time to go back to Original Gangstaz

Mb Tnk
11-23-2011, 06:07 PM
Server changes happened last night, see your version info, you'll notice a date tag for yesterday, and yes, they want you to up your mafia to the max (and in turn maybe you'll spend some money to help out the mafia that has no weapons). Btw, don't worry about the 70's or 80's, the new BIG BOY mark is in the 90's now and might be pushed higher, it all depends on the how many active players there are in each level.

foxtrekker
11-23-2011, 06:09 PM
rivals are listed according to strength now instead of level so we're all screwed now!! :D If youre seeing people higher level than you that means your as strong as they are and it basically gave them all an advantage and screwed everyone who built up their strength and didnt just go up levels and got beat to death cuz they werent smart enough.

badd
11-23-2011, 06:11 PM
it all depends on the how many active players there are in each level.

im at 77 and can almost memorize the names of all my rivals lol been adding mafia to see if theres a change but not much happening. i see a couple new names but then goes back to the same ol'

Mb Tnk
11-23-2011, 06:17 PM
Same here, for the past 15 lvls, same bloody names, it's like were moving up in a wave...I'm sure everyone one in my level hates my guts...:cool:

badd
11-23-2011, 06:26 PM
Same here, for the past 15 lvls, same bloody names, it's like were moving up in a wave...I'm sure everyone one in my level hates my guts...:cool:

haha same here, prolly cos i come by every few hours and rob their laundromats :D nothing else to rob and i cant just leave my stamina sitting there doing nothing...

Kords
11-23-2011, 06:27 PM
It's just the mafia strength being upped not base lvls i.e. Seeing similar lvls as me 63 and 64 but the rivals all have 300+ mafia members where as I have about 170ish. Time to recruit and buy more items I guess :( just not winning any fights apart from weaker rivals left on my news feed from a couple of days ago :)

K

Mb Tnk
11-23-2011, 06:41 PM
Yes, time to MOB UP.... LOL, now I feel like a Funzio vid comercial :p

Kords
11-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Yes, time to MOB UP.... LOL, now I feel like a Funzio vid comercial :p

Indeed mob up or be mobbed out, you decide!!!! ..........

Lil bit annoying as I did cut back my mob to develop a stronger mob base, using a guide to improve my overall lvl with quality not quantity. Good job I put a fair bit of savings for a rainy day..... Looks like I will be using it all up!!!!

K

martMode
11-23-2011, 07:19 PM
perhaps the individual att/def skill points play a bigger role now...

Duke.0
11-23-2011, 07:42 PM
I too believe something changed.

I went away for a few hours today. Usually nothing happens, i get a list of green "YOU WON" notifications and tonight it was the opposite...i got a list full of "YOU GOT ROBBED!"

People who had significantly lower attack than my defense robbed me blind! Never happens to me and is highly unusual.

I lost upwards of 40,000+ because of this.

My Atk skill points is 31
My Def skill points is 36
I'm not at max mafia (maybe this is why?) I'm 155 short atm

Whats going on? Should i get max mafia even though i'm no where near enough items to equip it?

youj
11-23-2011, 08:05 PM
I too believe something changed.

I went away for a few hours today. Usually nothing happens, i get a list of green "YOU WON" notifications and tonight it was the opposite...i got a list full of "YOU GOT ROBBED!"

People who had significantly lower attack than my defense robbed me blind! Never happens to me and is highly unusual.

I lost upwards of 40,000+ because of this.

My Atk skill points is 31
My Def skill points is 36
I'm not at max mafia (maybe this is why?) I'm 155 short atm

Whats going on? Should i get max mafia even though i'm no where near enough items to equip it?

Yes you should, if rival list is base on strength instead of mafia then you should always try to get stronger

Duke.0
11-23-2011, 08:15 PM
I guess i'm saying...(level 71) Should i get 355 mafia even though my strength will suffer per mafia member?

I don't have enough gear at all to equip that many mafia at all.

youj
11-23-2011, 08:36 PM
I guess i'm saying...(level 71) Should i get 355 mafia even though my strength will suffer per mafia member?

I don't have enough gear at all to equip that many mafia at all.

Yeeeeessssssssss.

khung003
11-23-2011, 08:39 PM
What's your problem Duke ? what do you expect when increase mob size ?

Duke.0
11-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Yeeeeessssssssss.

I know i remember hearing from CC Mark that the #1 thing to prevent robberies was max mafia followed by defense buildings (or visa versa).

In all seriousness (because i really don't know) what purpose would max mafia serve me in the long run?
Wouldn't it water down my strength because i don't have enough equipment to support it?

Duke.0
11-23-2011, 08:45 PM
What's your problem Duke ? what do you expect when increase mob size ?

Don't really have a big problem, i have just been getting robbed recently and its unusual for me.

I'm just trying to determine if i should add 100 + Mafia to achieve max mafia even though i don't have nearly enough melee, armor or cars.

badd
11-23-2011, 08:46 PM

are you getting attacked by rivals with 500 mafia? if so then yes cos they can already see you on their list. either way, you have to deal with them. if your robbers/attackers DONT have 500 mafia then dont add anymore (if you do, you might have more stronger rivals to deal with) and concentrate on maxing out your current mob. just my 2 cents btw i added ya :D accept me whenever you decide to add more or reject if you wanna make money off me. wont be much though cos my economy sucks.

Duke.0
11-23-2011, 08:50 PM
are you getting attacked by rivals with 500 mafia? if so then yes cos they can already see you on their list. either way, you have to deal with them. if your robbers/attackers DONT have 500 mafia then dont add anymore (if you do, you might have more stronger rivals to deal with) and concentrate on maxing out your current mob. just my 2 cents btw i added ya :D accept me whenever you decide to add more.

No i'm not getting attacked with rivals who have 500.
My rivals have 212-290

I have 217 mafia
6556 atk
7629 defense

I think i just need some more defense from buildings perhaps.

khung003
11-23-2011, 08:51 PM
Don't really have a big problem, i have just been getting robbed recently and its unusual for me.

I'm just trying to determine if i should add 100 + Mafia to achieve max mafia even though i don't have nearly enough melee, armor or cars.

your problem is you don't know what is your current problem is. you get robbed, not a big deal, everyone get robbed sooner or later.

you even don't have enough weapons for your current mobs, what the point to add more mobs? you want your mobs walk to the battle with bare hands ??? or want to battle using Chinese human wave strategy (with countless casualty) ?

you think that will help your defense ? the number & the quality of weapons used affect your stats, not the quantity of the mobs.

Duke.0
11-23-2011, 08:52 PM
your problem is you don't know what is your current problem is. you get robbed, not a big deal, everyone get robbed sooner or later.

you even don't have enough weapons for your current mobs, what the point to add more mobs? you want your mobs walk to the battle with bare hands ??? or want to battle using Chinese human wave strategy (with countless casualty) ?

you think that will help your defense ? the number & the quality of weapons used affect your stats, not the quantity of the mobs.

Good point.
Thanks khung

badd
11-23-2011, 09:00 PM
No i'm not getting attacked with rivals who have 500.
My rivals have 212-290

I have 217 mafia
6556 atk
7629 defense

I think i just need some more defense from buildings perhaps.

pretty good stats for size of your mob and lvl. personal att/def skill points then? from past games similar to cc, ive always invested heavily in that area. my percentage of wins vs loses was always %90-%10. rule of thumb is to have the same amount of skill points in your personal att/def as your lvl. its my strategy and it works ;)

Duke.0
11-23-2011, 09:05 PM
Skill Points:
Atk - 31
Def - 36

And i just looked at the people who robbed me. Both were level 72 (which i can't see on my rival list) and both had over 350 mafia.
But...their attack/defense was worse then mine.

PS: I just added you badd (nice hood :) )

whocareswhatmynameis
11-23-2011, 09:06 PM
your problem is you don't know what is your current problem is.

you want your mobs walk to the battle with bare hands ??? or want to battle using Chinese human wave strategy (with countless casualty) ?

easy khung. give duke a break. i agree with what you are saying one-hundred-percent, but you could have been a bit more diplomatic :)

khung003
11-23-2011, 09:13 PM
I think that term is well-known to describe a unique tactic (it's only forbidden if you happen to live in China)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_wave_attack

more detail of this strategy is only the first wave equipped with guns & armors, the second, third and later waves equip with nothing. Because they can reuse the guns & armors from the first wave. So 1 gun can be used by 3 or 4 people.

G Wiz
11-24-2011, 02:28 AM
I think that term is well-known to describe a unique tactic (it's only forbidden if you happen to live in China)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_wave_attack

more detail of this strategy is only the first wave equipped with guns & armors, the second, third and later waves equip with nothing. Because they can reuse the guns & armors from the first wave. So 1 gun can be used by 3 or 4 people.dont think this was designed into crime city

Cooz
11-24-2011, 04:27 AM
dont think this was designed into crime city

Yeah, the game can't even display which weapons we're using with any kind of consistency, how do you expect it to incorporate military strategy?

Either way, you're both right. Duke, adding more mobs inherently increases your stats, assuming you can buy them all a pistol and a crowbar. Granted, it's not much, but it does increase stats.

Khung is right in the sense you won't be adding much. It's often discussed but I don't think anyone has anything more than theoretical evidence to suggest a lower member mob with high equipment is better off than higher level mobs with less equipment. This is about volume, not individuals. Since that is a game-play choice and not something concrete, we won't know which is the "right" or "better" way to play.

My experience is I've done both. I've been attacked by both, have attacked both, and generally have won far more than I've lost. I'm not sure if it's any kind of advantage (I have 270 mobs at 32 atk 36 def each. I come across plenty much weaker, plenty around that number, and plenty a little bit stronger).

Having a higher number mob opens you up to attack from higher levels when you get past the low 70s levels. Having a lower number restricts your ability to complete Thug/Championship/Etc. goals, which are huge respect farms.

In the end, nothing beats simply working to equip the best stuff possible, regardless of how many mobs you have. Keep doing that and you'll be fine.

Cooz
11-24-2011, 04:32 AM
Skill Points:
Atk - 31
Def - 36

And i just looked at the people who robbed me. Both were level 72 (which i can't see on my rival list) and both had over 350 mafia.
But...their attack/defense was worse then mine.

PS: I just added you badd (nice hood :) )

Honestly, I think the fact is the attacker has far more of an advantage. Defense is more about intimidation than actually winning. It seems if a guy has even 60 percent attack compared to my defense, he'll win 1 of 2. If they have the stamina to keep trying to rob/fight me, he'll win some. Nothing you can do.

I measure my success in my ability to win at least a few of those fights/rob attempts. Considering I'm well over 90 percent in my robbery success, I figure if I stop the guy robbing 50 percent of the time, I'm doing well. Stopping him 100 percent seems outside my control. All I can do is work to keep him from attacking me at all.

Anubis
11-24-2011, 05:37 AM
Defence is very valuable, it just takes more thought when preventing robberies.

I can't comment on how base stats implement things, but when a rival robs you, your mafia defence is halved and added to your building defence. I currently have 14K mafia defence and 3.5K buliding defence, that means when I get robbed my total defence is only 10.5K.

For level 89 it is enough to halt most robbers with 9K att and lower completely, and most ppl I run into are in that range. If I could add another 2K to my buildings then very few ppl at all will be able to rob me at my level.

A similar thing happens when attacking, if you attack from your hood a rival in your list their building defence means nothing.

It would be nice to know the impact base stats have. I'm leaning towards the idea that pumping defence might help more as the main thing you really need to defend from is robberies. Defence is easily the hardest stat to make work as you need ALOT of it in the right areas.

whocareswhatmynameis
11-24-2011, 06:17 AM
A similar thing happens when attacking, if you attack from your hood a rival in your list their building defence means nothing.

if you are suggesting that defense buildings are not helpful to repel attacks/fights, you are wrong. defense buildings are used in fighting off rivals who attempt to attack +/- rob you.

Mb Tnk
11-24-2011, 12:57 PM
if you are suggesting that defense buildings are not helpful to repel attacks/fights, you are wrong. defense buildings are used in fighting off rivals who attempt to attack +/- rob you.

Ahhh, no, the only evidence of def buildings used in a PvP fight, is the statement from CC Mark, all other indications in the game prove this to be absolutly false. Hey, the new stats screen everyone has now, that HAS BEEN tested for the past month, shows this to be completely wrong....

Defense buildings seem to be ONLY used against robbings... but then again, we have NO real proof, do we.

procsyzarc
11-24-2011, 01:32 PM
perhaps the individual att/def skill points play a bigger role now...

This could be true actually I am very rarely losing now even against gold buyers with 500 - 2000 more defence than my attack, I thought I was just getting lucky but since I have 99 points of attack at L63 this might be the reason

Cooz
11-25-2011, 06:26 AM
This could be true actually I am very rarely losing now even against gold buyers with 500 - 2000 more defence than my attack, I thought I was just getting lucky but since I have 99 points of attack at L63 this might be the reason

I've been meaning to do this...let's do the math.

I selected a guy at random to fight. I'm looking right now at his profile. It says he has def of 4225. I attacked him, and in the fight screen, it says his defense is 3735. That suggests there is a formula that is calculated for fights outside of the formula that determines overall defense.

We're suggesting defensive buildings are not factored into fights, but rather, robberies. I fought this guy.

Profile Defense = 4225. Fight Defense = 3735.

One theory is they half your total defense, which would be 4225/2 = 2112.5. If we're assuming defensive buildings are added into your total defense, then we gotta take that number out before it's halved, don't we?

So...

Let's assume he's a tycoon. He's got a lvl 4 guard tower (33), two lvl 5 towers (50+50 = 100), a lvl 6 tower (73), a lvl 2 machine gun turret (11) a lvl 3 machine gun turret (19), a lvl 7 machine gun turret (80), a lvl 2 muay thai center (40), two lvl 1 guard dog centers (22+22 = 44), a lvl 2 safehouse (20), a lvl 6 abandoned building (49) a lvl 7 abandoned building (69) and a lvl 1 sniper's den (36). That's 574 defense building points.

If we take 574 out of his total profile defense of 4225, he has 3651.

If we half that total, he has 1825.5. That number leaves (Fight Defense - [(total defense - building defense)/2)])

3735 - 1825.5 = 1909.5.

Not sure if anyone is following me, but wouldn't that 1909.5 be determined somehow by the defense points you have? I want to think it's some kind of a multiplier, but I don't know what it would be multiplying.

If someone has two profiles, and the ability to attack one of them, let us know the results! lol I'm going cross-eyed.

skunk
11-28-2011, 03:54 AM
Yep I noticed this all too just today really :(

As I'm an out and out attacker, there seemsto be no point in continuing with the game, I can't attack any more as it's pure random.
Why anyone would now buy gold is beyond me, you could buy a lovely new weapon and find it's worth **** cos of the random nature of attacks??

And at the same time as all this they bring out a gold condumable - hahahah, you'd need your head read or $1M to buy them.

As alwasy, another game gets screwed up by the developers trying to make a quick buck.
EVERY SINGLE ONLINE GAME GOES THIS WAY.
Better off putting money into an online porn site, at least you get some bang for your buck. (Shame my wife dosn't agree :( )