PDA

View Full Version : Level 8 with loft?

Dozer
11-23-2011, 01:23 AM
How does a guy on level 8 have a loft and a movie theater @ level 3 when he has only completed 2 jobs????
Mechman-551-769-977
On my past account it sucked because of cheaters but this is a bit much! Makes the game suck!

Royal Flush
11-23-2011, 01:31 AM
He could just be focusing on growing his money buildings. I have another guy in my mob who has done this and is on level 8 - rather than just automatically screaming cheat/hacker I tend to ask myself is it in the realm of possibility .... In this case yes because I know this other guy has done it legit so out of all the people playing this game there is bound to be another that has done the same strategy. Good on him for having that amount of patience & determination to get it!

Dozer
11-23-2011, 01:45 AM
lol have you thought about being unable to purchase a loft until level 70+! he is level 8! i was 97+ when my phone broke just sucks I figured I would just role with it but cheaters suck!It would take years robbing ppl to stay on level 8 and spend millions to buy and waiting to level up! NO WAY!

Dozer
11-23-2011, 01:47 AM
Ok so maybe, I just seen that it only take 100 mafia to get a loft! Could of sworn it was a level building the first go around! He has 56 million in money on hand! Just seems a lil unreal dont ya think! It would still take years or a **** ton of personal money! Also he isnt playing a technical AS FAR AS HIS STATS GO! IT WOULD TAKE A YEAR OF STAYING BELOW LEVEL 8 TO GET THAT KINDA MONEY! HE HAS NO GOLD BUILDINGS!

jlhy
11-23-2011, 01:48 AM
My camper account is at level 8 and is building a loft at the moment. Its not hard to do just time consuming. Start with laundromats, get them up to level 10 and work your way out to the other money buildings and don't do any jobs, robberies, or attacks. Would have been nice to stay at level 2 but people kept trying to attack and rob giving me xp and leveling me up.

L1LRORO
11-23-2011, 01:54 AM
N1CE WORK, 💰244💣289💎529. L3T'S pLaY!!!

Dozer
11-23-2011, 02:03 AM
YEA IF HE DONE IT RIGHT NICE WORK! But if you could only see it! PLUS does your sleeper account make 56mil? Im just blown away! Wanted an opinion!

jlhy
11-23-2011, 02:06 AM
Nope, no where near 56 mil. That's alot of cash. Are most of his buildings level 10?

Oh and to give you a time frame on how long it might take to afford a loft if you just camped, it took me a little under 2 months to build a loft without it crippling my bank account.

Royal Flush
11-23-2011, 03:56 AM
I reckon 2 months to get the base economy to build a loft easily at that level and then another 2-3 months saving up for that amount. Could get a nightclub at level 8 if you really wanted to. I wouldn't have the patience & would get bored but each to their own. If his hourly income isn't near or above 20k then it is suspect

Anubis
11-23-2011, 03:57 AM
Remember also he could of just easily bought the cash.

Having 2 lvl10 LM's means you can buy a decent amount of $$$ for that level.

Cooz
11-23-2011, 04:08 AM
Remember also he could of just easily bought the cash.

Having 2 lvl10 LM's means you can buy a decent amount of $$$ for that level.

Yeah, let's keep that in mind. Very possible (although irrational and insane, but possible nonetheless) that he just dropped cash into it. What is it, like, $50 for $2 million? That buys a loft and then some. I don't see anything strange about it. You can have 100 mob at level 8 right?

unggubrian
11-23-2011, 04:26 AM
Dozer ask duder, he has two lofts level two and he is level 8

Dozer
11-23-2011, 04:30 AM
LOL. Mostly when ppl purchase cash or have the money to buy such things they buy gold items he has none and his stats are not that great! At this point im more intrigued than mad!. His hood looked like mine at level 97!

Anubis
11-23-2011, 06:38 AM
LOL. Mostly when ppl purchase cash or have the money to buy such things they buy gold items he has none and his stats are not that great! At this point im more intrigued than mad!. His hood looked like mine at level 97!

Mostly thats what people do. Don't assume everyone is the same though. Its more likely he DID buy the cash instead of waiting around for months on end upgrading and collecting. There are so many play styles and guides. Check the guy who made the thread today whose level 76?ish with a 50K income but potentially the worst possible att/def for his level.

Level 8 with loft?

How does a guy on level 8 have a loft and a movie theater @ level 3 when he has only completed 2 jobs????
Mechman-551-769-977
On my past account it sucked because of cheaters but this is a bit much! Makes the game suck!

I think you have made a mistake on this one. Theres no evidence to support cheating or not. Getting the 100 mafia requirement is stupidly easy, then it is most likely he paid for the cash, especially if he has 2x lvl10 LM's boosting the amount of $$$ he can buy. You could see a level 8 with a Night club if they were willing to spend £1000 - its just small change to the top 1% earners of UK/USA society with a like for the game. Those top 1% will all have iphones lol

rustbinlid
11-23-2011, 09:05 AM
Ok so maybe, I just seen that it only take 100 mafia to get a loft! Could of sworn it was a level building the first go around! He has 56 million in money on hand! Just seems a lil unreal dont ya think! It would still take years or a **** ton of personal money! Also he isnt playing a technical AS FAR AS HIS STATS GO! IT WOULD TAKE A YEAR OF STAYING BELOW LEVEL 8 TO GET THAT KINDA MONEY! HE HAS NO GOLD BUILDINGS!

It could be: A Funzio employee, a very patient player, a saint, a impatient multi-millionaire player.
Why assume that just because someone has something you do not that they are cheating?

Duke.0
11-23-2011, 09:10 AM
Uh....hold the phone!

Duder (level 8 on my list and member of the forums) has 2 Lofts and 2 Movie Theaters.

Lofts stipulation was ____#Mafia

All this means is the person is slow playing, not doing goals, not fights, not robbing. They are simply using the money from buildings and leveling up all buildings in their hood. Yes it probably takes months, but its one strategy to the game and there is many. There is no wrong way to play the game.

rustbinlid
11-23-2011, 09:13 AM
A paranoid person would think that today Duke.0 fell in love with Rustbinlid as he keeps following her around the threads.
Rusty assumes a sultry pose and licks her lips. Bosoms heaving she waits.

Duke.0
11-23-2011, 09:15 AM
A paranoid person would think that today Duke.0 fell in love with Rustbinlid as he keeps following her around the threads.
Rusty assumes a sultry pose and licks her lips. Bosoms heaving she waits.

? What lol!
No, not on purpose anyhow.....i was just looking at the threads that had "new" posts on them and making a comment. Not following you on purpose :)

and it sounds like what you just said is the start to a romance novel :D

rustbinlid
11-23-2011, 09:24 AM
? What lol!
No, not on purpose anyhow.....i was just looking at the threads that had "new" posts on them and making a comment. Not following you on purpose :)

and it sounds like what you just said is the start to a romance novel :D

Ugh don't like romance novels, prefer horror and scifi. I actually stopped myself from posting on another thread that you had just posted on.

procsyzarc
11-23-2011, 11:46 AM
Yeah, let's keep that in mind. Very possible (although irrational and insane, but possible nonetheless) that he just dropped cash into it. What is it, like, $50 for $2 million? That buys a loft and then some. I don't see anything strange about it. You can have 100 mob at level 8 right?

Unless i am getting ripped off $50 only gets me about 300k which seems way too low compared to gold

martMode
11-23-2011, 07:46 PM
i believe people, who are wealthy, will have less time to wait. so they will buy gold to upgrade their hood and buy weapons. i came across this player who had 500 flame throwers, 500 steel garrotes, etc... all purchased with CC money. i am sure at level 60+, he would have had to buy gold to buy CC money. no gold weapons yet, and his hood had level 10 buildings. there will be not a trace of the player being a gold player unless you do the math.

this is a good game and fun to play. and there will be some who will plough real $$$ just to play it for fun.

duder
11-26-2011, 04:05 PM
I think I was able to get to a loft in just over a month of play time. You can do this pretty easily without purchasing any in game cash using rl monies. I've seen 4 or 5 other players do the same... it's actually not that uncommon to see movie theaters (maybe 1 in 15 or 1 in 20 lvl 8 players have one). The loft is becoming less uncommon (maybe 1 in 10 level 8 players with a movie theater have a loft or two).

Max Power
11-26-2011, 05:38 PM
I think a lot of these level 8 guys with lofts are guys playing 2nd games. When I was level 8 and the game was much newer in this platform, nobody had a loft.

When I get an iPhone in December, I will start a 2nd game, and I will play much differently than the first go around. Patience will be easy, as I will have another game to keep me entertained.

Duke.0
11-26-2011, 07:54 PM
Yes max, part of it is (like me) i had no idea what i was doing when i first started out. There was not really an instruction manual so i came to the forums to learn more.

I made stupid mistakes like spending the initial 10 gold on finishing upgrades instead of actual buildings.

Like you, i would start out a totally different way going slow, building up the correct buildings and following some strategies that i learned from using the forums.

Dozer
11-30-2011, 01:01 AM
Agreed, I was mostly weirded out by the building two building at once! This guys hood was amazing if he done it without cheating! Amazing! At this level just stating the facts that all evidence pointed toward a possible cheater! But yes im on my second game and attempting to do the same!

emcee
12-17-2011, 04:44 AM
I started the game around Nov 24. 3 weeks into the game now got recently bumped up to level 6 from defending attacks. Jobs completed 4. Both movie theaters are level 3 and all the other buildings averaging level 5 and higher. I was playing pretty aggressively the first week or so and collecting on laundromat drop offs on a regular basis. Now I log in a fraction of the time. I could have purchased the lofts earlier but current ROI favors upgrading movie theaters. I'm pretty sure it make sense to purchase a loft sooner or later as the upgrade cost of movie theaters to level 4 is hovering close to 700K. I'm guessing movie theaters to min level 4 or max 5 before making the jump to loft. I've read on the forum though that the ROI on movie theaters is much better than loft so if anyone could offer advice on loft purchase relative to movie theater upgrading would be much appreciated. Of course, in the meantime when upgrading the theaters to level 4 or 5 I'm am rather selective in choosing which other buildings to upgrade. A bad strategy would be blindly camping and not upgrading anything just to get the theaters to level 10.
By the way, I have not bought any gold or $$$ with real money. Therefore no tycoon status; just brute force camping with the help of the forum. Hourly income $13,776. Anyone getting lofts in 2 weeks or less would be spending real dollars, imo.
It is possible for someone to not cheat, spend any real dollars on gold or income and be at level 8 or lower and have level 10 in all buildings including night clubs and having completed little to no jobs. It just takes a lot of time and patience.

Please add.
907 040 620

Euchred
12-17-2011, 05:23 AM
My camper has 2 lvl 4 Movie theates and 1 level 2 loft and I'm working on the other one. My income per hour is over 20k. I got both my houses to lvl 10 I'm going to do pawn shops next. The reason for this post is eventually I'll move this profile to my Ipad and my ipad one to my new phone. After working on my economy so long I'll be able to afford steel garottes soon. then I can use these to complete fight goals and eventually start leveling up. And with the knowledge from the high level players equipment thread it will be easy to efficiently spend respect points and stay in the top 5% of my level.

Amber_
12-17-2011, 05:52 AM
I actually feel kind of sorry for the new players... Everyone has the right to play however they want, but it can't be fun when you're new to the game and everyone else at your level has lofts and movie theatres, when you're still trying to figure out how the game works. As more and more HL players starts new/second accounts just for camping, the players who really are new aren't going to stand a chance and will soon drop off. "1 in 10 level 8 players with a movie theater have a loft or two", what??! This is crazy, I'm really glad I started playing when I did cuz if I started now I would have no chance to the players that has one account only for camping, and probably just deleted the game.

emcee
12-17-2011, 06:09 AM
True Amber however, the great leveler is spending real dollars in the game. Any new players not knowing about this forum and leveling quickly can most likely be in the top 1% provided they spend real dollars. Funzio is smart by making gold purchase buildings especially weapons/armor so overpowering that it necessitates players having to uber camp in order to be remotely competitive. I don't camp much in my Storm8 games nearly as much as here because their model is based on spending real dollars to primarily reduce game time play. Funzio's model is more geared to spending real dollars to be super competitive or overpowering. I don't fault them as it would be the way I would set things up. My only answer is to stack the deck as much in favour for a non gold buying player. Part of this challenge makes the game entertaining and having access to my friend's phone lets me to enjoy the game past level 6 but more importantly formulate an effective surge sometime in the future on my account.

Amber_
12-17-2011, 07:33 AM
I totally get why one would camp, but this kind of camping is a little extrem. But like I said, everyone has the right to play however they want.
It's true that new players who spend lots of money will probably beat the camping-players, but not everyone is willing to spend money on CC. Especially not in the beginning.
I'm level 106 right now. I've bought some gold, but definitely not much (only for some gold buildings), and I'm having no problems in the game. I have average stats, not good but not bad. Don't have a problem finding targets, but can't beat whoever I want either. I see a lot of players with no gold stuff (or very little) who is waay stronger than most players (inclusive the ones who've spend lots of $$).

I think that everyone should play how they want, but with that said I don't think one has to buy gold to be in the top (as for now). I personally don't care if people starts new/second accounts just for camping, I just think it's going to be interesting to see what happens with the game. Either new players will drop loads of cash into the game, or they will quit.

audufrane
12-17-2011, 08:46 AM
Duder is level 9..not 8. Not like it matters anyways.

Tramp Stamp
12-17-2011, 01:48 PM
I could have purchased the lofts earlier but current ROI favors upgrading movie theaters [...] if anyone could offer advice on loft purchase relative to movie theater upgrading would be much appreciated.

Keep in mind that ROIs are relative. In your case you're comparing upgrading ROI to construction ROI, but the two use different resources so they shouldn't be directly compared. Since the upgrade resource and construction resource can be used in parallel, you should keep them both active as much as possible. If I had to spend ~$760k on a Movie Theater upgrade or Loft, I'd pick the Loft and use pocket change to keep the upgrade resource active with some low ROI item.

it can't be fun when you're new to the game and everyone else at your level has lofts and movie theatres

Campers are extremely timid. When they become active they might plow through you like a passing storm, but you'll never see them again. Probably less than 1% have the discipline to grind out a strong economy upfront.

Beyond that, it's not that bad. After slashing mafia and gaining some levels I find myself lumped into the "really slow camper" group. At first I thought I was playing against abandoned accounts, but everyone seemed on top of collections. A bigger hint was a lot of players having the Military Assault Rifle. They seem to be daily players whose stats are competitive with mine, but their economies are atrocious. The high end runs at $5,000/hr, but most of them make less than $2,500/hr. They must have spent months grinding up at this rate. They are all extremely timid and never retaliate despite me looking like a real jerk hitting them 6 times a pop to grind loot. They also seem to really like leveling up Warehouses, Pawn Shops, and Gun Shops, which works for me.

Still, level after level, their defense is rising more quickly than I anticipated. I had hoped to reach level 30 before a second camp session, but that may not be doable.

emcee
12-23-2011, 11:02 AM
Keep in mind that ROIs are relative. In your case you're comparing upgrading ROI to construction ROI, but the two use different resources so they shouldn't be directly compared. Since the upgrade resource and construction resource can be used in parallel, you should keep them both active as much as possible. If I had to spend ~$760k on a Movie Theater upgrade or Loft, I'd pick the Loft and use pocket change to keep the upgrade resource active with some low ROI item.

Campers are extremely timid. When they become active they might plow through you like a passing storm, but you'll never see them again. Probably less than 1% have the discipline to grind out a strong economy upfront.

Thanks for the advice. Makes a lot of sense. Only thing stopping me at present getting the loft is 11 more mafia members to reach 100 mob. Should have enough cash to buy loft sometime today. If my mob count does not move much closer to 100 I'll probably upgrade the 2nd movie theater to level 4 as well. Please add me 907 040 620 to help reach my mob goal.

Tramp is right about campers, I am very timid. My mob is Swiss at present. When the time is right I'm going to add some North Koreans, Iranians and Palestinians and start a war :)

emcee
12-24-2011, 01:31 PM
Thanks for those who have added me in order to reach 100+ mob. The 4 day construction of the loft was a big surprise :(

Dozer
03-20-2012, 10:29 PM
Well, I proved myself wrong and had two Lofts at level 8 and two movie theaters. I am now level 13 and have far exceeded my level 97 game. I have been on level 13 for about 3 months now! Amber I agree with you that it sucks for new players, as it did when I first started!

emcee
03-20-2012, 10:54 PM
Two days ago saved 40,000,000 with 302 pending mafia request. After 3 months and 24 days camping and currently at level 8 was ready to buy the night club at last. Looking forward to having it built by my 4 month anniversary. But alas there's a glitch with my invite and now am excruciatingly trying to add 300 mob in order to buy nc. Just waiting for Funzio support to get back to me.

255 more mafia members needed :(

Please add 907-040-620

Matt Butterworth
03-21-2012, 12:06 AM
I also have a sleeper account at level 9 with 2 lvl 10 LMs and a bunch of other high level buildings. If I had 20 more mob members, I could build a loft. Had that account since Jan, so it is doable.

mnju_03
03-21-2012, 12:10 AM
This all makes me think I was stupid how I played. Lol
You guys rock!