Mb Tnk
11-22-2011, 06:04 PM
Slight side track.....

So who`s playing?

http://itunes.apple.com/ca/artist/funzio-inc/id367695209

http://www.funzio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?28-Modern-War-iOS

skunk
11-23-2011, 12:44 AM
Says it's by funziothe only one I can find is by Trinity interactive in apps store?
Is it same one?

khung003
11-23-2011, 12:57 AM
No, I think it's different game, Modern War live have different facebook link. Should ask someone in "that forum".

eb0nyknight
11-23-2011, 05:58 AM
I am not finding this game in the app store, am I missing something?

tosh2209
11-23-2011, 06:18 AM
The game is only available for canadians for now..
and apparently it seems very similar to CC.

eb0nyknight
11-23-2011, 06:23 AM
Ah....any idea when the neighbors to the south can invade this game????

2Legit
11-23-2011, 11:34 AM
I just installed this game and wow..its awesome!! Exactly like Crime City, but better graphics when fighting. Looks very real. Love it when aircrafts fly over and attacks. So cool :D

whocareswhatmynameis
11-23-2011, 11:55 AM
WHY are our northern neighbors getting preferential treatment? i'm SOOOOO jealous :(

2Legit
11-23-2011, 12:02 PM
WHY are our northern neighbors getting preferential treatment? i'm SOOOOO jealous :(

how come? is it only certain areas able to download it?

Mb Tnk
11-23-2011, 12:11 PM

For some reason, most games get tested first in Canada before being released in NA.

how come? is it only certain areas able to download it?

Because it`s a BETA, not GA yet.

brutus beefcake
11-23-2011, 12:30 PM
Good lol. If it has the same game mechanics as this one then i'll be well on my way to bruising some people, having a more heads up approach to the game from the beginning, as opposed to being enlightened 50 levels later.

Mb Tnk
11-23-2011, 01:45 PM
Lots of mysteries in that game as well (Funzio likes the veil, I’m sure Mark has promised one of famous vapor guides to help people out.), first big one, which country should I choose (just like the class system in CC), many to choose from and each one has benefits, etc, etc, but does anyone know exactly what those are.... nope. Best to let all the snow bound Canadians figure it out first. ;)

Dorian Gray
11-23-2011, 02:08 PM

Don't be jealous, be happy. Judging by the posts in the Modern War forum the game is not really ready for prime time. I'd rather the game be as polished as possible before they release it in the US.

Dorian Gray
11-23-2011, 03:33 PM
Looks like they didn't learn much from Crime City. I just read a thread begging to be able two upgrade more than one building at a time because it takes so long. *sigh*

Mb Tnk
11-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Worse still, all the items you buy to go to war, are consumable.... hmmm. Also, your bank, needs to be upgraded and has a limit on how much money you can bank. Funzio wants more PvP activity with that game. The game favors the person with the biggest economy (i.e. to have more money for troops, etc). Duder, this ones for you ;)

youj
11-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Worse still, all the items you buy to go to war, are consumable.... hmmm. Also, your bank, needs to be upgraded and has a limit on how much money you can bank. Funzio wants more PvP ativity with that game. The game favors the person with the biggest economy (i.e. to have more money for troops, etc). Duder, this ones for you ;)

Yup the game certainly favor the biggest economy. Simply fight other people and earn valor(respect) is not enough. Valor units are also consumable. The only way to keep up your constant unit loss is with a good economy.

Here's a preview
http://www.gamezebo.com/games/modern-war/preview

Kords
11-23-2011, 06:44 PM
Took a sneak peek at the game using a Canadian account, as mb tank says the bank requires you to upgrade your bank account to protect a certain amount and the more money you have and want to save up the more you need to upgrade your bank. Animations are good though, going to have a proper look at it later but I'm sure it will be very popular, at this point there are a fair amount of bugs that the team are trying to iron out before a mainstream release.

K

khung003
11-23-2011, 07:13 PM
Lots of mysteries in that game as well (Funzio likes the veil, I’m sure Mark has promised one of famous vapor guides to help people out.), first big one, which country should I choose (just like the class system in CC), many to choose from and each one has benefits, etc, etc, but does anyone know exactly what those are.... nope. Best to let all the snow bound Canadians figure it out first. ;)

It still depend on what game they are playing, people strategy changes. Can't tell a good fighter in CC can't be a good tycoon in MW. If that the money war, so be it.

whocareswhatmynameis
11-23-2011, 08:53 PM
Don't be jealous, be happy. Judging by the posts in the Modern War forum the game is not really ready for prime time. I'd rather the game be as polished as possible before they release it in the US.

now that you frame it the way you just did, i'm no longer jealous. very happy i'm not a guinea pig for beta testing. i hadn't realized that the game wasn't ready for prime time. oh well, i'm laughing at you... canadians!

2Legit
11-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Beta or not this new game still enhances great result. It is very similar to CC, but more challenging and the whole effects and outcome of the game so far is a kick ass. I'm just loving the graphics they use. Can't wait for them to release the complete/actual version.

khung003
11-23-2011, 09:51 PM
I hope they would reset the game before go live or canadians shall rule...

2Legit
11-23-2011, 10:07 PM
Funny thing about that game, they released it in Canada first, yet they don't even have the Canadian Flag on there. I had no choice but to choose the closest one; UK. Bloody hell >.<

I wish they don't reset the game. People are already purchasing gold on it. They can't afford refunding everyone's money or complaints. CC players already got them overloaded with that, adding more problems will screw them over.

khung003
11-23-2011, 10:26 PM
They could refund by adding a number of gold bars to your account. It's not much compare to the profit they would earn from millions people in UK, UK ...

youj
11-24-2011, 02:33 AM
now that you frame it the way you just did, i'm no longer jealous. very happy i'm not a guinea pig for beta testing. i hadn't realized that the game wasn't ready for prime time. oh well, i'm laughing at you... canadians!

You should be very jealous. By the time you start playing the Canadians will be 20-30 levels above you and you'll be at our mercy. >= )

They could refund by adding a number of gold bars to your account. It's not much compare to the profit they would earn from millions people in UK, UK ...

There's no way Funzio will reset the game, since so many people already put so much effort into the game already. You might able to refund real money for gold, but there's nothing you can replace for 3 weeks of game play effort.

Now, for most people this would not matter, since there's not that many Canadian players and rival list is sort by level. It's only when the new players reached a high enough level (Probably level 30s-40s) where the similar thing happens at Level 84 in Crime City will happen to Modern War.

skunk
11-24-2011, 02:51 AM
I hope they would reset the game before go live or canadians shall rule...
Canadians will never rule - they can't even decide what language they want to speak !

:)

khung003
11-24-2011, 03:21 AM
There's no way Funzio will reset the game, since so many people already put so much effort into the game already. You might able to refund real money for gold, but there's nothing you can replace for 3 weeks of game play effort.

lol, don't make me laugh, I will be surprised if Funzio care about players effort or to be more specific, your effort.

more funny to what you said is you play game not for entertainment, not enjoy the time you spend for the game, you said like you work for the game, if you are in such situation, better leave, find other games to enjoy.

khung003
11-24-2011, 03:23 AM

lol, don't make me laugh, I will be surprised if Funzio care about players effort or to be more specific, your effort.

more funny to what you said is you play game not for entertainment, not enjoy the time you spend for the game, you said like you work for the game, if you are in such situation, better leave, find other games to enjoy.

Funzio iOS aim to US market (that explain why Canada is used for beta test), it's no good for sales if some comment on US Appstore, "too many cheaters - I just play the game a few days and people at level 40 attack me crazily & Funzio do nothing. 1 star"

Piff
11-24-2011, 03:49 AM

Most people enjoy this game for one reason. PROGRESS. If you knew at any random moment your game could possibly restart there would be no motivation. There would be no absolutely no reason to get stronger, no reason to improve your hourly income.

But maybe im wrong and that isn't the case. Everyone is different, people enjoy different aspects of the game. You seem to "enjoy" trolling the forums. But that's what you enjoy. But who am I and who are you to tell other people how to enjoy themselves?

khung003
11-24-2011, 05:11 AM
Is that your problem ?

whocareswhatmynameis
11-24-2011, 06:33 AM
You should be very jealous. By the time you start playing the Canadians will be 20-30 levels above you and you'll be at our mercy. >= )

uhhhhh... i'm trembling with fear of your army's might.... spare my life, oh great one! ;)

2Legit
11-24-2011, 06:46 AM
Lmfao, ppl relax..enjoy the game. Stop bashing ppl's country or start another pointless argument. This will go nowhere. Whatever happens happen. If funzio reset the game, be it. If they don't, earn ur way up to top. It doesn't matter if that person started earlier than you. You find many ways to get on top of ppl, If u a CC player, u r already on top since u can use the same strategies on Modern War. Theres not much difference.