PDA

View Full Version : Defense Help Please!!!

BudMan
11-22-2011, 02:09 PM
So I've been camping forever now just trying to expand, build and level up money buildings until I reach a point where I'm making tons of money and can quickly stockpile weapons. But I'm tired of getting robbed when I forget to cash in on my best money makers. I'll keep this short so it's not too wordy. Firstly, here are my stats:

Level: 76
# of Mafia: 345
# of Weapons: 364
# of Armor: 151
Mafia Attack: 1375
Mafia Defense:1679
Income Per Hour: $47592

So here are my questions:
- Can I just stockpile armor items to keep from being robbed as much? (thinking Riot/Blast Shields)
- Is there a really good building I can rob that gives out good armor items?
- Am I better off stockpiling M4A1's?
- Based on my number of mafia, I need to match that number with an equal number of defense items?
- Or should I be using more/leveling up defense buildings?

I'm sure the answers are somewhere here on this forum but I'm just looking for a quick fix for my particular situation here. Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

Mb Tnk
11-22-2011, 02:28 PM
:cool:Hey BudMan, here is my advice to you.

First off, great job on the economy, it's amazing you got it this far with such low att and def stats. Please keep on playing.

1) Drop ALL OF YOUR MAFIA (it's easy to get it all back, when you’re ready, just post on the forums here and other places, and you'll get it back in no time).

2) Start using your great economy to build defence buildings and level them up to max (read the forums here to find the best defence buildings to build).

3) Once your building def is up to 8k-10k, then start dumping money into weapons, as you add items from each category, then you will be ready to start adding mafia back.

4) Based on your current stats, THIS WILL TAKE A LONG TIME, BUT, it will work and you will make it back.

5) Once you have enough items to properly equip 100 mafia, start robbing and attacking players around your level, and use the respect coins from those efforts to build up your respect weapons.

6) Now you can restart putting money back into your economy.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, READ AS MUCH AS YOU CAN ON THE FORUMS FOUND HERE, lots of great advice

BudMan
11-22-2011, 03:06 PM
Hey dude, thanks for the advice. But one of my goals is to get the Nightclub. At the rate I'm going I think I can have it by the end of December. If I ditch all my mafia will I not be able to get that even though I already unlocked it? What if I just equipped 300 members with Blast Shields and M4's? Still wouldn't cut it you think?

Mb Tnk
11-22-2011, 03:46 PM
Hmm, good question, I don't know what would happen once you have unlocked it... might be interesting to try out (i.e. drop to 299, then if it goes out, just grab another mafia member from here). Equiping 300 M4's will easily push you to over 120+ lvl just from the xp required to farm that many. Plus you would be missing on 2-3 other items per mafia.... not a good idea.

617Pats
11-22-2011, 03:47 PM
How is it possible that you are level 76 with only 1375 attack and 1679 defense? Just by completing missions and collecting loot you should be higher, in order to complete missions you have to buy weapons/cars too. Are you missing a digit in your stats because how else did you gain that much experience, robbing?

Mb Tnk
11-22-2011, 03:50 PM
How is it possible that you are level 76 with only 1375 attack and 1679 defense? ..

There are many people in the 80's with 2-3k att and def... ya, I know, weird.

Royal Flush
11-22-2011, 03:57 PM
Hey budman,

First off I completely agree with mb tnk. You need 300 mafia for the Nightclub otherwise it won't be available however because your stats suck i really would recommend reducing it all drastically. You can always get your number of mafia back up so it becomes available again, but you need to do it progressively so they are all equipped. If you are dead set on keeping a high number of mafia though I'd recommend you get rid of 45 so that way you have enough for the nightclub still.

After that you need to equip your mob badly. I'm 31 levels below you, have 1/4 of your mafia & three times your attack/defence stats. I'd rob and attack you constantly if I came across your hood later on :)

Items you should buy (bearing in mind you're saving up for a nightclub):

Pickup Truck = $18000 for 4 defence
Mace (Melee) = $3200 for 6 defence
Combat Shotgun = $15000 for 4 defence
Riot Shield = $32500 for 12 defence

That would give each mafia 26 defence for $68700. Grand total of $20,610,000 for 7800 defence. To be honest I'd go for maces as I think they are brilliant for the cost. The game does seem to give more beneficial results in combat if all your mafia are fully equipped, but that comes at a price. For robberies all that defence given from equipment is halved, so I'd build a few Muay Thais and focus on levelling them. Abandoned buildings are good for fast defence boosts & are very cheap but take up more space.

Unfortunately you're not going to be able to get the nightclub, upgrade defence buildings, keep a high mafia & fully equip them in a month (even if you get respect items as well!) so you're gonna need to make a decision - do you focus on stopping your mob defending against attacks with glass bottles or do you grin and bare it for the nightclub?*

Good luck

BudMan
11-22-2011, 04:54 PM
How is it possible that you are level 76 with only 1375 attack and 1679 defense? Just by completing missions and collecting loot you should be higher, in order to complete missions you have to buy weapons/cars too. Are you missing a digit in your stats because how else did you gain that much experience, robbing?

Well by the time I started understanding how this game works I was already well on my way making and leveling up big money buildings. Pretty much ALL my focus has been on making money. Missions started getting annoyingly expensive so I found 1-2 buildings on maps that I would rob over and over for big payouts. My hood is pretty big and I've already built about 70% of the money buildings (just a few gold ones though). You guys would love to rob my hood so I just stay on top of the payouts. I have 2 level 6 Movie Theaters, 2 level 3 Lofts, 2 Brownstones, 2 Flower Shops, a Zues Theater, a Mob Boss Hideout and a ton of well leveled up smaller buildings. Like I kinda mentioned before, by the time I realized that there was such an involved formula to this game I was already way behind ha.

whocareswhatmynameis
11-22-2011, 11:27 PM
impressive income!

agree with others. cut down your mafia size and equip the remaining with weapons as suggested. ideally, you would get respect weapons (obtained from PvP), but since your attack stat is extremely low for your level, that would not be possible. but once you reach a reasonable stat (~25-30 attack point/mafia), you would then be in a position to attack other players for respect points. defense buildings are also good options to consider. another possibility, which is not available to you, is farming M4A1. this option is not advisable because PvE results in leveling up very fast and you are lvl 76, a few levels below the threshold (low/mid 80s) before PvP game dynamics changes--- players at higher lvls can see you in their rival lists.

i wouldn't recommend building nightclubs at current state of bad att/def stat. why go through all that trouble just to hand over money to others? build up your stats, then build your nightclubs.

Cooz
11-23-2011, 04:32 AM
You have way too much money to have this problem. Drop your mob number, buy high-end weapons/vehicles and armor, get to a point you can compete in PvP, earn respect to upgrade weapons, wash, rinse and repeat.

Anubis
11-23-2011, 05:18 AM
You need to take your focus of $$$ asap. You have a large enough income now to make an impressive come back. You need to halt everything - that means no spending energy or stamina at any cost now while you equip your mob.

Your income is impressive, you said you keep on top of it so don't focus on defence items (other than buying and upgrading buildings as fast and effectively as possible) while...

You NEED attack. With your income it should be easy to buy enough attack over time but your going to have to halt all energy and stamina spending until your att is high enough to start playing again (especially energy). Once your attack is high enough equip each mafia with an att explosive (your just the kind of person explosives benefit) to get that extra boost (300att for 30k for 300mafia). Definately reduce your mafia. It might be nice to get a night club, but theres no rush when your stats need some serious work and getting mafia is easy - I get 1-10 invites a day just from posting my code on other profiles in the past. Its good your income is so high else you would really struggle to come back.

If you do see someone you can comfortably beat then go for it, or rob a good amount of respect from. Completing thug life, champ rounds to 42 end up generating a substantial amount of respect.

Theres no way you can keep contant tabs on all your buildings and ppl will find you an easy target for $$$ and respect farming for a long time right now while you recover. You also need massive massive defence to stop roberies. They are not like fights where ppl don't bother if they are going to lose. A player with half the att of your defence will hit your top buliding if it means they make a nice chunk of cash even going 1-2wins out of 10 on you.

If your willing to spend real money on the game Agency's and armory's will boost your defence nicely but att should be your main focus, if you are willing to spend money on the game then buying a load of Skull breakers would help some.

Regarding Agency's:
You upgrade to level 5 giving you 165 defence in 100minutes/18seconds for $101,404

skunk
11-23-2011, 06:46 AM
Deff cut your mafia right down! You are simply a cow now but if you cut down to 100 - 150 you will not appear on many peoples rivals list!!

Don't forget to buy explosives.
With your income you can easily replace them if they get used up, but they will give you a massive attack boost.
DO NOT BUY DEFENSIVE EXPLOSIVES they will only get eaten and not help.

I suggest camping too, see forums on this, it's not my prefered style of play, but if you level up much more, you'll be one everyones target list.

J.J.
11-23-2011, 09:06 AM
I would suggest purchasing a lot of gatling turrets. They're not too expensive and take up very little space. Upgrading them to only L3 gets you 96 def.

Duke.0
11-23-2011, 09:12 AM
I would suggest purchasing a lot of gatling turrets. They're not too expensive and take up very little space. Upgrading them to only L3 gets you 96 def.

Agree, Gatling turrets are 54,000 and take 7 hours roughly to complete. However, they take up 2x2 and can be put anywhere in your hood :)

BudMan
11-24-2011, 12:10 PM
Thanks everybody! Lots of really good feedback here. I didn't really ever bother to understand the whole equipping your mob formula before. Only been on this forum for a short time compared to how long I've been playing. My main logic was to get my income up real high first than stockpile weapons and armor like mad, so it looks like I'm on the right track. But now I know how to properly equip my mob. Probably gonna stock up on turrets as I already have a bunch (level 1).