PDA

View Full Version : Defense Buildings Q's.

Duke.0
11-20-2011, 12:11 PM
Quick questions:

1. I know i should build Gatling Guns, but should i also buy other buildings? Which buildings?

2. Should i just upgrade the Gatling Guns instead of buyingother buildings?

3. Is it worth it to have Security Centers and Sniper Dens? What buildings are good at higher levels?

4. Should i build and level up Abandoned buildings since they are cheap?

Yes i have looked at the Wiki and the spreadsheets, but there is little information on what buildings provide what defense past the Abandoned buildings and guard towers.

K@le
11-20-2011, 03:28 PM
Gatlings are good and guard towers are cheap and fast to upgrade @lvl 6 you already have 66 def

Duke.0
11-20-2011, 03:48 PM
Thanks K@le

I got 11 x gatlings and i do like them a lot.

What about other defense buildings? Which do you like?
Which give the most defense for each upgrade?

Mb Tnk
11-20-2011, 05:28 PM
For me, the best defense comes from the Bodyguard Agency, yes it does cost gold, but for what you get and the size, plus cost/time of upgrades... makes it very competitive. For money, gatling guns all the way.

http://crimecityios.wikia.com/wiki/Defense_Buildings

k0de
11-20-2011, 07:46 PM
Yeah definitely agree. Bought my first one yesterday and upgraded to L6 in no time. I'll get a few more soon and replace the acres of ugly guard towers I have.

Max Power
11-20-2011, 09:49 PM
Dittos. They are my main defense building.

Duke.0
11-20-2011, 10:36 PM
What would be comparable to a Bodyguard agency in the money defense buildings?

Seems bodyguard level 10 is 825 defense

There is not really a definitive chart or spreadsheet anywhere which shows the money defense buildings level 10s so i'm not sure i can be compared.

Duke.0
11-20-2011, 10:42 PM
Perhaps there is no comparison to the gold buildings.

The only way to get that much is quantity of defense buildings i would suppose.

nycpizzalover
11-21-2011, 04:43 AM
What would be comparable to a Bodyguard agency in the money defense buildings?

For me the only comparable one is Muay Thai because it only costs 16K for 20 defense points initially and only takes 4x4 space. I have been building as many as can fit in my current hood. Upgrades are decently priced and take just as much time as the other buildings. I have some upgraded to level 5 at 159 points which is comparable to agency's 165 at level 5.

nycpizzalover
11-21-2011, 04:57 AM
Is it worth it to have Security Centers and Sniper Dens? What buildings are good at higher levels?

If you look at the wiki (http://crimecityios.wikia.com/wiki/Defense_Buildings) you will see that the initial cost/def of sniper den is 0.36 (5x5 space) and security center is .28 (8x8) space). The muay thai building gives you a 1.13 cost/def in a 4 x 4 space. The higher the cost/def, the cheaper your defense points are costing you (or another way to look at it, you are getting more bang for your dollar).

Also the upgrades are cheaper and faster. I can get to 70 defense points for Muay Thai for 70K and 4 1/2 hours while it would take 150K and 7 hours for snipers den and 208K and 9 1/2 hours for security center. It is true that snipers and security center will have higher level 10 points but who is going to spend to go to level 10 unless you have a ton of time and money. Not me.

skunk
11-21-2011, 05:30 AM
Guys, I'm still not getting this thread and your points of view.
Surely cost per defense point is the absolute value that dictates how good a building is??
So guard tower will always be the best (yes it is ugly)

Yes, bodyguard agencies can ultimately be 3 times more powerfull (750) than guard towers (248), but they cost 6 times the amount in total to get there?? So it will be half the cost to have 3 guard towers compared to bodyguards and effectively be the same defensive amount.

So now you say - they take up less space, yes 3x guard towers(27 tiles?) take up more space of 1x bodyguard (16 tiles). But you have paid $1M for that 11 tile saving.

Is there a limit on hood size?
What hood upgrade costs $1M for 11 tiles??

Lastly time, yes the bodyguard will eventually take about 30 hours less time to get to lvl 10 than the guard tower.
So by going for body guard you spend $1M to save 11 tiles and about 4 days.

Perhaps I missed something?

nycpizzalover
11-21-2011, 06:06 AM
Guys, I'm still not getting this thread and your points of view.
Surely cost per defense point is the absolute value that dictates how good a building is??
So guard tower will always be the best (yes it is ugly)

Lastly time, yes the bodyguard will eventually take about 30 hours less time to get to lvl 10 than the guard tower.
So by going for body guard you spend $1M to save 11 tiles and about 4 days.

Perhaps I missed something?

A player (Jadon) just tried to rob my hotel and she lost. Her attack was 16K+. In the past before I started to build my defense, she would have won as would probably over 90% of the other players on my rivals list. By building my defense faster, I was able to protect my hotel from people like her sooner. I now only have to worry about the other 10% of the players who are stronger than me who more interested in PvP than robbing. Also as I upgrade, my timing will be off and there will be more opportunities for robbery which hopefully my defense will deter. Time can make a difference and the cost is not as important to me since my income is at a decent level now.

As for the space issue, if you build 50 max of one type of defense building, then 50x11 is 550 tiles. You can fit a lot of money buildings in that area. That is why I build 50 gatling guns in all my little 2x2 areas where I couldn't build any money buildings and I have now progressed to some missile launchers and muay thai.

Have fun!!!

Duke.0
11-21-2011, 08:16 AM
Yeah i see your point JG.
Another way to look at it i think is not only what is fast (like Muay Thai) but also what fits where.

I was looking at the buildings and i noticed that there are certain sizes available. I'm taking advantage of this later on when my Loft is done building.

2x2 = Gatling Gun, Missile Launcher
5x5 = Sniper Den
6x6= Doggy Centre, Surveillance Centre
8x8= Security Centre

However, from what you just said 4 x Muay Thai > 1 x Security Centre

Anyhow, i think what i'm going to do is fill in my space with the appropriate sized building for defense and level them up a lot.
For example. In my upper left 10x10 area, i have 2 x Electronics Stores, So i have room for 2 x Sniper Den's too.

But i see your point about Speed and building area. I will be building Muay Thai buildings in my extra spaces now instead of a Security centre

Even at level 1: 4 x Muay Thai = 72 Defense
1 x Security = 32

Same area used up in your hood too.

Thanks Nycpizzalover!