PDA

View Full Version : Level 80 to 81 while I was in a plane!?

Supermark
11-18-2011, 11:30 AM
Yesterday I was in NYC and was level 80. Today, when I arrived in Amsterdam, I was level 81. I did'nt fight or rob anyone, because i took my flight. I've would like to camp out on level 80. Does this make any sense?

Duke.0
11-18-2011, 11:31 AM
Were you close to the next level before you left to NYC?
This is interesting that you randomly leveled without doing anything to gain experience.

nycpizzalover
11-18-2011, 11:38 AM
Yesterday I was in NYC and was level 80. Today, when I arrived in Amsterdam, I was level 81. I did'nt fight or rob anyone, because i took my flight. I've would like to camp out on level 80. Does this make any sense?

I've had that happen to me too earlier in my game playing (hasn't happened since). I was not only leveled up but also given over 200K of cash which I didn't even know about. Needless to say, people attacked me and robbed me of these unexpected gains when I had already gone to sleep with 0 dollars in the cash on hand area. I think CC either catches up with its calculations of jobs that you have done or PvP stats OR it changes the rules for a goal or mission, then gives you the extra level or money.

Duke.0
11-18-2011, 11:47 AM
Maybe when you switched Time Zones the game did something unexpected (As nycpizza said)

Vile Lynn
11-18-2011, 11:56 AM
Someone complained about that recently; they were only 3 pts away from leveling up... the reply said exp is gained if a rival attacks you... I'm guessing if you win the fight.
hmmm...

khung003
11-18-2011, 11:56 AM
I left the game in 1 week and still level up. People keep attacking me and lost, give me some xp. There was a thread complain about that but funzio never fix.

nycpizzalover
11-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Someone complained about that recently; they were only 3 pts away from leveling up... the reply said exp is gained if a rival attacks you... I'm guessing if you win the fight.
hmmm...

You're right, I remember reading that post. It would explain why he leveled up.

Duke.0
11-18-2011, 12:04 PM
Oh, i didn't realize you gained experience when a rival attacks and you win. Good to know :)

Amor
11-18-2011, 08:56 PM
You do not gain XP from defending against attackers. I guarantee what happened is that you completed a challenge while you were on the plane (something that takes time afk such as building buildings or something) and it awarded you XP in your absence.

jlhy
11-18-2011, 09:47 PM
You do gain xp when you successfully defend an attack. My camper account is level 8 right now and has never attacked, robbed, or done any jobs. I get 1 xp every time someone tries to attack or rob me and loses.

khung003
11-18-2011, 10:32 PM
one more thing you guys should know.
There is a goal called Associates, which not listed in your goals list.
Associates
Description: "People will know to get out of your way from now on."
Receive: $2500 & 14xp.

One day I log in the game and see I completed this Associates goal, without knowing where it from, I closed the pop-up and see the news with a list of many many people attacked me and lost.
I may complete it because I successfully defend too many attack/rob as the description: people will know to get out of my way from now on .....

youj
11-19-2011, 02:56 AM
It is most likely someone attacked you and you won. You gained money and exp, and you levelled up there.

procsyzarc
11-20-2011, 02:51 PM
This happened to me once when someone must have accepted an old mafia invite and pushed me above the amount of deffence needed for the next level of the goal

Supermark
11-20-2011, 11:44 PM
Thanks guys, i think it was a goal that maybe completed or something like that.