PDA

View Full Version : How to stop a mad robber

Havoc
11-18-2011, 08:33 AM
I've been getting robbed 10 times per day for 2 weeks by the same person how is this-even possible I should no longer be in there news section I have not retaliated at all my hood makes a lot of money and he has a garbage hood high defense and robs me left and right how is it possible please someone help me we are both 81 I make 20 k more then him per day and My I'd # is 527-562-475 please help

617Pats
11-18-2011, 08:44 AM
I've been getting robbed 10 times per day for 2 weeks by the same person how is this-even possible I should no longer be in there news section I have not retaliated at all my hood makes a lot of money and he has a garbage hood high defense and robs me left and right how is it possible please someone help me we are both 81 I make 20 k more then him per day and My I'd # is 527-562-475 please help

Are you sure you are not in his News Section? I don't know how it would be possible for someone to keep finding you otherwise; they would have to keep refreshing their rivals list just to get to you. You could try contacting funzio and try to change your name that way he cannot find you on rival list by your previous name.

nycpizzalover
11-18-2011, 08:51 AM

You need to read the guides that have put up in the forum.

One issue is that you and your nemesis are at the same level and if you both have about the same number of members, you will keep showing up in his rival list.

Second issue is that it doesn't matter how much money you make, it matters how many weapons and defense you have when he robs you. If you read the guides, when he robs you, your defense items only count for half value. This game makes it easy for people to rob you unless you get some strong weapons or defense.

Third issue is that you probably have 1, 3, 4 and 6 hour buildings. If you aren't picking up your money, someone else will. That is why long ago, I went with the strategy of only having 12/24/48 hour buildings so I knew when to pick up the money before someone could rob me.

Mickey and Popeye both have great guides, read them and they will help you understand that it is more than just how much money you make.

Have fun!!!! LMAO

Havoc
11-18-2011, 10:23 AM
Thanks for advice I will go check the forums u recommended me to see. I need to get real beast at this I spend way to much real monEy to get abused from one prick who can't stop robbing me at least I get all my 24, and 48 but he did grab my level 2 anchor imports once and my level 2 church twice within 5 min of it being done

nycpizzalover
11-18-2011, 11:16 AM
Thanks for advice I will go check the forums u recommended me to see. I need to get real beast at this I spend way to much real monEy to get abused from one prick who can't stop robbing me at least I get all my 24, and 48 but he did grab my level 2 anchor imports once and my level 2 church twice within 5 min of it being done

I can sympathize with you because I've had a-holes who have done that to me too. There will always be someone who will pick on you in this game. My response is to whip out my Amex Platinum card and ramp up (not the smartest decision but purely caveman LMAO) if someone becomes a real pain.

If you are picking up other 24 and 48 buildings cleanly, then your timing is probably off for the Anchor (48 hours) and Church (24 hours) in relation to the other buildings. He has predicted when those 2 buildings are going to mature or you have become predictable. When he has robbed you, let them sit until your other 24 or 48 hour buildings mature. Only pick up the robbed buildings when you pick up the regular unrobbed buildings. That way you are right on top when they all mature instead of being staggered. Less chance of robbery since you are right there consistently.

Other alternative is to send him a add mafia invite and hope he accepts and doesn't have over 500 members (game bug for invites for everyone who has over 500) LOL

J.J.
11-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Who is it? I'll pound them out for you when they hit Level 90-ish LOL. :D

Max Power
11-18-2011, 02:24 PM

What's your game handle and what is his?

hydrota
11-19-2011, 07:25 PM
I only have the 12, 24 and 36 buildings only. i also set my iphone alarm So I dont forget it. If I dont get too it within 5-10 minutes they are gone, not by a stalker but just random people, thats what the higher ups do, just troll around lookin for the good property. Everyone does.

J.J.
11-19-2011, 08:48 PM
I only have the 12, 24 and 36 buildings only. i also set my iphone alarm So I dont forget it. If I dont get too it within 5-10 minutes they are gone, not by a stalker but just random people, thats what the higher ups do, just troll around lookin for the good property. Everyone does.

I very rarely ever rob & when I do it's always in retaliation. My stats go as follows:

Fights Won - 15590
Fights Lost - 7218

Robberies Won - 478
Robberies Lost - 28

Most of my robberies were done to complete a challenge & I would usually just hit laundromats. It may seem odd, but I believe in making your $ on your own, robbing is mostly for lamers IMO.

wupuck
11-20-2011, 01:19 AM
Please stop whining. Robberies are part of the game. If you don't like it. Build defense or build attack and beat the h#ll out of them

KronicK
11-20-2011, 08:37 AM
is that guy named KronicK =))

KronicK
11-20-2011, 08:41 AM
Please stop whining. Robberies are part of the game. If you don't like it. Build defense or build attack and beat the h#ll out of them
BTW, im so agree with you!

Jkmbaum
11-30-2011, 04:57 PM
Just spam them with msg 50 should clear them from attacking you

rustbinlid
11-30-2011, 06:36 PM

A voodoo curse or just better defence.

rustbinlid
11-30-2011, 06:43 PM
I can sympathize with you because I've had a-holes who have done that to me too. There will always be someone who will pick on you in this game. My response is to whip out my Amex Platinum card and ramp up (not the smartest decision but purely caveman LMAO) if someone becomes a real pain.

If you are picking up other 24 and 48 buildings cleanly, then your timing is probably off for the Anchor (48 hours) and Church (24 hours) in relation to the other buildings. He has predicted when those 2 buildings are going to mature or you have become predictable. When he has robbed you, let them sit until your other 24 or 48 hour buildings mature. Only pick up the robbed buildings when you pick up the regular unrobbed buildings. That way you are right on top when they all mature instead of being staggered. Less chance of robbery since you are right there consistently.

Other alternative is to send him a add mafia invite and hope he accepts and doesn't have over 500 members (game bug for invites for everyone who has over 500) LOL

Funny that you should say all that, because in the past I have had some interesting curse names for a character called nycpizzalover who kept attacking and robbing me. I am still seeing a therapist. And no I'm not going to tell you my in game name.

procsyzarc
11-30-2011, 07:16 PM
Wonder if it is me :) Have enough stam I usally attack once or till the limit if they are carring a lot of cash then rob every building of every person who shows on the rivals list (since some never have anything to rob can usally do a page on 50-60 stam) and often see the same names regually pop up and think they must think I am greifing them but no just attacking everyone who shows and they were just unlucky enough to show mutiple times. So you may think a person is picking on you but maybe like me they play this game for pvp not to build a hood and you are just unlucky and have a similar number of mafia

JaceD
11-30-2011, 08:35 PM
I had someone doing that to me, he would rob me multiple times a day. I ended up finding this forum and added a bunch of people to my mafia and got a lot more powerful than him and robbed and attacked him again and again haha. Now he's not on my news list anymore.

eb0nyknight
12-01-2011, 05:37 AM
BTW, im so agree with you!

Easy to say, if you KNOW what to do. He obviously doesn't. Show a little compassion. You were once new at this game also.

OP,

Read Popeye's guide. When I first came here that's what I did and now successful robberies don't happen often and successful attacks are rare.

2Legit
12-01-2011, 04:00 PM

Agreed 100%

Also, a great way, if you can't fight/rob back:cool:

theONE
01-11-2012, 02:51 AM
The moron who said stop whining and just get stronger and fight back. Seriously if he could wouldn't you think he would?? Also think about it, as he increases his stats so will the enemy, it's nothing more then a endless cycle to chase after people with high stats. So realistically if you can't beat them you most likely won't later

As for the person who said if you can't fight them rob them back. True, I've done that tons of times, but that's because their stats were close to mine, if they are powerful to rob you it's likely you can't even rob back either.

Fig Oni
01-11-2012, 05:39 AM
It simple why your getting robbed by the one guy because you are lazy simple.... once you get past lvl 80+ your building get robbed if not collected within 10-15 min max so therefore the excuse of 'some of us have life's you know' is bs, as you are playing the wrong game something like crime-free city be better for you, so make sure to collect your high paying building on time if it not possible sync to a time you can honestly say to yourself i can get collect over 75%-100% of time without getting robbed then if you have quicker payout buildings (1hour 3hour 6hour) keep in mind you are going to daily have robberies on the maybe if you sync really good on the 6hour you could be safe to collect all 4 time a day so basically you became a cash goose for your nemesis so he won't stop coming (if there a good thing going why stop now) so how can we minimize it 1) check the time pattern he come to your hood more then likely it mean the persons high pay building have just payed or about to pay that a good time to stake his hood regardless how little he earn you need to rob his building the more building the better and don't just go to his hood once but go every time you log in collect then check if any building of his are ready rob them if your not strong then don't attack him just buy daily one item of weapon until you start seeing 1 green on your empire time when he's attacked you that mean you are ready for revenge as once you start robbing them they do go away as they go look for any easier target plus if you are going to spend your virtual cash on buildings, upgrade & expansion and spend little on weapon or defense then unless you collect on time you have no one to blame but yourself so as there is no right or wrong way to play this game the choice is yours but this game is called crime city and him robbing building not collected is a part of the game and in my opinion he hasn't done nothing wrong

p.s don't spam his board 50 times as that just you being a sore player

Rarelibra
01-11-2012, 05:51 AM
I see that the original post is back in November. I find it VERY ironic that you posted this, Havoc, as YOU were quite guilty of ravaging my hood on a daily (and almost hourly) basis for almost a week straight. And when I said something to you as is typical in CC, you didn't want to ally because you "didn't like the tone in my message". Interesting. VERY interesting, indeed. I even sold off my Adult Theaters because of you (and the fact that I didn't want the 1-hr building hassle any more). You were so focused that you even picked at my level 1 tattoos, pawns, and such.

If you don't want to be robbed, focus on 12/24/48 buildings and sync them up. You can also sync up 8-hr buildings and collect 100% if you do it right. But don't come in here and whine about something that is basically a taste of your own medicine.

heath4pack
01-11-2012, 07:56 AM
^SMASH!!!!!!!

Walter Santos
01-17-2012, 09:29 PM

Hi Guys,

Maybe someone can help with the same issue:
I too have a mad robber named "Alan" in level 82 (US nation) with attack force 21595 and 547 allies, and he raids my buildings 10 times a day and even though I have spammed his wall with more than 100 messages a day saying he's a sad player which only chooses to raid players 20 levels below him, I don't know what else to do.

This guy after my spamming even got more angry saying that now he will only raid me, because keeps watching my buildings and waits for them to give out cash.

My question is: why and how is it possible that the MW game allows a player which is 20+ levels more advanced than me to keep attacking and looting me every single day for the last 2 weeks ? or even how can he watch me 24hours a day being 20 levels above me ?

Not only this is unfair for me as a player, and no matter how fast I evolve the opponent also evolves every day, but also takes the fun out of the game because its like cheating, what's the point of trying to evolve in the game, if there is a player who has an unfair advantage on you of more than 20 levels and doesn't let me play, just because he decided to pick on me....

If anyone can help and know of a bug why this happens, any insights are helpful.
thanks

P.S. I am in level 61

Lars
01-18-2012, 03:41 AM
I too have a mad robber named "Alan" in level 82 (US nation) with attack force 21595 [...]

Strange. I just leveled from 82 to 83 yesterday (a short break from my camping, new fighting missions were too exiting). I saw only rivals of levels 81-84 all the time.

Anyway, after a few days you should vanish from his rival list. In the meantime try to collect your buildings in time -- that's the only real protection against robberies. Synch your collection times, especially your 12h/24h/48h-buildings. Never collect from robbed buildings before your intended synch time. Looks like he's got a US time zone and you are living in a European time zone. Use that knowledge for getting your 24h/48h collections at his expected sleeping time. (Good idea anyway as most CC players seem to be located in the US.)

A more extreme approach would be to take a break from CC for a few days (or at least from hood collection). After a while there will be nothing to be looted anymore and your rival will lose interest. And when you start again you have all your building synched.

Lars
01-18-2012, 03:48 AM
Strange. I just leveled from 82 to 83 yesterday (a short break from my camping, new fighting missions were too exiting). I saw only rivals of levels 81-84 all the time.

PS: I remember being targeted by rivals about 20 levels above me for a few times when I was in the 60ies range, too. However, this was some time ago (camped for a long time) and I assumed it only happened because there there much fewer players in the 80ies range then. Also, your rival has even a quite strong attack stat for his level.

Holicaholic
01-18-2012, 06:37 AM
It simple why your getting robbed by the one guy because you are lazy simple.... once you get past lvl 80+ your building get robbed if not collected within 10-15 min max so therefore the excuse of 'some of us have life's you know' is bs, as you are playing the wrong game something like crime-free city be better for you, so make sure to collect your high paying building on time if it not possible sync to a time you can honestly say to yourself i can get collect over 75%-100% of time without getting robbed then if you have quicker payout buildings (1hour 3hour 6hour) keep in mind you are going to daily have robberies on the maybe if you sync really good on the 6hour you could be safe to collect all 4 time a day so basically you became a cash goose for your nemesis so he won't stop coming (if there a good thing going why stop now) so how can we minimize it 1) check the time pattern he come to your hood more then likely it mean the persons high pay building have just payed or about to pay that a good time to stake his hood regardless how little he earn you need to rob his building the more building the better and don't just go to his hood once but go every time you log in collect then check if any building of his are ready rob them if your not strong then don't attack him just buy daily one item of weapon until you start seeing 1 green on your empire time when he's attacked you that mean you are ready for revenge as once you start robbing them they do go away as they go look for any easier target plus if you are going to spend your virtual cash on buildings, upgrade & expansion and spend little on weapon or defense then unless you collect on time you have no one to blame but yourself so as there is no right or wrong way to play this game the choice is yours but this game is called crime city and him robbing building not collected is a part of the game and in my opinion he hasn't done nothing wrong

p.s don't spam his board 50 times as that just you being a sore player

Dude.....periods....

Anubis
01-18-2012, 07:17 AM

Thats one of the lowest things to do, and shows you can't really play the game. In an up-andcomming update I think Funzio are putting things in place to end this kind of behaviour.

I havn't read past the first 2 lines as a huge block of text is blinding unless I zoom in 300%. Cut the post into 3 parts and it becomes readable.

Its ok for ppl to ask advice on evading robbers, there are things that can be done:

1) Don't retaliate, you will leave his news bulliton

2) don't collect buildings you cannot manage 24hours of a day (3 and 6hour buildings come into this, if you can't manage others then just leave them alone. The robber will get bored and move on / forget you.

3hour buildings generally provide the lowest income per hit. When mine pop up they give me 40K. If I had a problem with a rival I'd just leave them alone - its a relitively small income compared to my 6/8/12/24's.

Also, if a rival really wants to find you, they will and can even if your not on their bulliton by multyclicking the refresh button. It can be difficult depending on your level range but at some levels it is very easy.

Rarelibra
01-18-2012, 07:56 AM
Also, if a rival really wants to find you, they will and can even if your not on their bulliton by multyclicking the refresh button. It can be difficult depending on your level range but at some levels it is very easy.

+1

They can and will, especially when they have it in mind to seek you out. LOL. Oh well, shake it off.

I have a turd that is doing this to me right now - and enjoying it so much he is bragging the amount on a daily basis on his wall. I only retain 1s, 3s, and 6s to get to the "Build X Buildings" goals, then after they are done, POOF! He will come to the hood one day and think "hey - where did all of the buildings go?"

prone
01-18-2012, 09:48 AM
@ Havoc. At some point you made a mistake :) I bet you sent him a message in CC. If I`m right, he has only to click reply, your character will appear on the left side of the popup window along with a VISIT HOOD button. Basically, a shortcut to your hood :) This can be done with anyone that posts messages in CC via Profile > Comments. In the future, keep quiet and ignore all messages in the comment section :)

Royal Flush
01-18-2012, 10:21 AM
@ Havoc. At some point you made a mistake :) I bet you sent him a message in CC. If I`m right, he has only to click reply, your character will appear on the left side of the popup window along with a VISIT HOOD button. Basically, a shortcut to your hood :) This can be done with anyone that posts messages in CC via Profile > Comments. In the future, keep quiet and ignore all messages in the comment section :)

Let me guess, a nifty IPad feature as that's not on the iPhone?

Rarelibra
01-18-2012, 10:23 AM

Nope. Never sent him a message.

prone
01-18-2012, 10:33 AM

It`s also on G+. @ Havoc, r u sure you did`n reply to one of his messages? Here`s a screenshot with the infamous visit hood button.

Vile Lynn
01-18-2012, 10:46 AM
(Umm... That graphic jpg looks like nothing I've seen... Something new or different game?)

prone
01-18-2012, 10:53 AM
The error is on my part :) I`m playing on G+ not IOS. I was browsing the "what`s new" section of the forum, and replied to the thread. Sorry guys. Although, is weird to see such differences between platforms. I imagined that all platforms share a more similar architecture.

Royal Flush
01-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Would have been a good feature, that way you can visit old rivals from ages ago!

Caleb
01-18-2012, 02:07 PM
When I started, I was hit by the same guy several days in a row, and I'll admit I was feeling picked on. But it's not long before you realize that of course people are robbing and attacking you - just like everyone of us is doing to some other poor folks. If I come across the same player with a hood waiting to be looted several days in a row, I'm not going to skip by him just because I robbed him yesterday. I'm going to think, wow this is great, more free money! Instead of getting mad at the same name appearing in the Empire Times each day, take measures like suggested to evade them and keep playing to grow stronger. That is the crazy game we like to call Crime City...