PDA

View Full Version : Loss of units in battle

angelica
11-17-2011, 09:32 PM
Is this just random? I seem to lose quite a few, am I just throwing the in game cash away?

Crime City Mark
11-18-2011, 01:42 PM
Every unit has a loss rate that is distinct for that unit.

Air
11-21-2011, 05:07 PM
Can you elaborate on that? winning battles and losing units/loot is getting annoying especially when I'm not the one attacking.

Air
11-22-2011, 11:04 AM
ahh the likelihood of losing a unit is displayed when purchasing
Nice

Air
11-22-2011, 02:44 PM
I only spend money and valor on units with a low loss rate but I just had to spend 30 g's buying units with high loss rate just to do missions so I started attacking players and randomly lost a damn warthog and a seahawk to someone much weaker than me and I couldn't even take 1 g of the 84 g's the player was carrying. Makes me want to not even bother attacking. Something has to be done to fix this

youj
11-22-2011, 05:03 PM
I only spend money and valor on units with a low loss rate but I just had to spend 30 g's buying units with high loss rate just to do missions so I started attacking players and randomly lost a damn warthog and a seahawk to someone much weaker than me and I couldn't even take 1 g of the 84 g's the player was carrying. Makes me want to not even bother attacking. Something has to be done to fix this

Attacking should be done very carefully, since if the other player has big enough vault for their money then attacking them is useless. You should only attack other player if you are 90% sure you can make enough money to recover at least two times of your average unit cost.

Raiding is a much better option to spend your stamina points, because you know for sure how much money you are going to get from raiding their money building and their defense is going to be smaller since the same rule from crime city applies. You still want to make sure the money you get from raiding is at least two times of your average unit cost.

elbenzorockz
04-09-2012, 01:46 AM

I like that it says a loss rate like 'low' 'very low' but If there were some percentages that would make it a lot easier to judge what's worth buying and what's not

Cocktail
04-09-2012, 02:03 AM
This whole "units lost" back and forth has me thinking. Yes, casualty rates might seem excessive, especially if a/d stats are overwhelmingly in your favor. But battles incur casualties, that's just war. And even if you are far superior, there is a chance that the enemy will manage to take one with them, even if they lose the battle. If your army is all high value units, you could and probably should lose a few. It hurts, but it doesn't seem totally out of line to me. Weaker players should get something for their investment in defense, even if it is nowhere near enough to win the battle... Kinda keeps superior armies from being bullies as well.