PDA

View Full Version : Waiting on Rival's Hood...

Vito
11-17-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm just curious, are rival's hoods frozen when you enter them? By that, I mean does the payout timer stop or does it continue to roll? I'm just wondering if you camped in a rival's hood, would it keep bringing up the payouts like it does in your own hood. I've always kept coming back to good hoods trying to time it right and get lucky, but sometimes they never show up on my list for hours.

Cooz
11-17-2011, 04:09 PM
I'm just curious, are rival's hoods frozen when you enter them? By that, I mean does the payout timer stop or does it continue to roll? I'm just wondering if you camped in a rival's hood, would it keep bringing up the payouts like it does in your own hood. I've always kept coming back to good hoods trying to time it right and get lucky, but sometimes they never show up on my list for hours.

I've never thought to try...but feel free if you like, and let us know the results! =)

Duke.0
11-17-2011, 04:13 PM
I have never heard of this.

Certes
11-17-2011, 06:06 PM
I once hit a player's two churches and two crematoriums, then came back and saw that he had collected the rest of his buildings a few minutes later. I made the assumption that he had collected his churches and crematoriums at the same time, so I came back 24 hours later. I waited around his hood, but nothing seemed to be changing. I left and came back from the revenge list, and his churches and crematoriums were fresh and ready for me.

I find it unlikely that I clicked away and back at the exact moment the refreshed, so I'm assuming that the hood is frozen and needs to be refreshed, much like the player's stat screen showing his cash on hand....

TemplarX
11-17-2011, 06:54 PM
Vito, I think it does. A couple of times i was robbing someone, and then noticed that a new building flashed up the payout sign.

Certes
11-17-2011, 11:03 PM
Perhaps it does, then, but only if you take some action to cause it to update? Like actively robbing buildings?

Mb Tnk
11-18-2011, 05:58 AM
This is a tough one to figure out, by most all accounts, the hood you are in is frozen, so camping and waiting for new buildings to become available will not work. I have only seen one building ever become available while I was robbing a hood, I have to believe it was a glitch (have only seen this happen once after 9k of robbings). I have seen many many times where I go to rob a building that looks available, but has already been collected by the other player and I get the "can't rob" message pop-up. It would be great if there was a little refresh button on the hood screen, but then again if there was people would camp to death on the good payout hoods.

Max Power
11-18-2011, 06:28 AM
It would be great if there was a little refresh button on the hood screen, but then again if there was people would camp to death on the good payout hoods.

I am pretty strongly against this. This game is favoring the robbers as it is, allowing them to squat on you would make it really bad.

Certes
11-18-2011, 06:36 AM
I second that.

heath4pack
11-18-2011, 07:12 AM
I have not seen this yet.

Has anyone else been in a hood and it seems the player/character is not there?

As in not on the screen roaming around?

Hi all BTW...:)

nycpizzalover
11-18-2011, 11:48 AM

Yes I've seen that too. If the player is beat up then there is no orange attack logo over them. Then if that person has high buildings (either money or defense) and they are stuck walking in a corner, then you will not see them but they are there LOL

Dorian Gray
11-18-2011, 12:22 PM
Not sure about robberies. But I was attacking a player that had $0 on hand. Then on my 3rd and 4th attacks from the fight results screen I got like 10 grand for each, then back to getting nothing. So money on hand isn't frozen while you're in their hood.

heath4pack
11-18-2011, 12:34 PM
Yes I've seen that too. If the player is beat up then there is no orange attack logo over them. Then if that person has high buildings (either money or defense) and they are stuck walking in a corner, then you will not see them but they are there LOL

LOL! I never thought of it that way

nanciwaco
11-18-2011, 12:48 PM
i've camped out in hoods without the benefit of the news and after a while, the session expired/timed out and i had to refresh and had to go home. it's appened to me several times so i think there is a time limit for squatters.

Max Power
11-18-2011, 02:19 PM
Not sure about robberies. But I was attacking a player that had $0 on hand. Then on my 3rd and 4th attacks from the fight results screen I got like 10 grand for each, then back to getting nothing. So money on hand isn't frozen while you're in their hood.

I have had that too. You start robbing a dude for respect, and after a couple of hits, all of a sudden cash starts coming with it. I often wonder how long it takes them to see it and if some sort of panic sets in.

In reality, they are probably sending emails to Mark complaining that they didn't get all their cash.

Dorian Gray
11-18-2011, 02:34 PM
I have had that too. You start robbing a dude for respect, and after a couple of hits, all of a sudden cash starts coming with it. I often wonder how long it takes them to see it and if some sort of panic sets in.

In reality, they are probably sending emails to Mark complaining that they didn't get all their cash.

Yeah, I was wondering how long it takes too. You know as soon as the cash started rolling in I was hitting that 'attack again' button as fast as i could, just in case. lol

Royal Flush
11-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Money on hand isn't frozen but the buildings are. Had a guy collect extra after I had entered their hood, so what the profile was showing was actually nearly double in reality once I started attacking. Bugger quickly banked it though so after a few attacks I was getting nothing!

K@le
11-19-2011, 03:42 AM

Yeah i have seen that and most of the time they made enough money to take a sunny holiday, it gets tired fighting and robbing the wohole day, people need holidays !!

eb0nyknight
11-21-2011, 07:26 AM
Are you (anyone) sure that it just doesn't "freeze" on your handheld and not on the server? The only "active" change I have ever seen on a screen was when I try to rob a ripe building and it has been collected in real time. You wouldn't see it on your screen because it's "frozen", but it has been updated to the server.

I think "freezing" is a relative term vs what you see on your end client vs what has been updated on the server.

skunk
11-21-2011, 07:48 AM
Money on hand isn't frozen but the buildings are. Had a guy collect extra after I had entered their hood, so what the profile was showing was actually nearly double in reality once I started attacking. Bugger quickly banked it though so after a few attacks I was getting nothing!

I can add info to this...

When you enter a hood, the hood screen (what you see) is downloaded to you device, as is the rivals profile.
So, if you go into a hood ad trun off your WiFi, you can still click "rivals profile" and see the profile.

When you attack him, it gets this info from the server to tell you how much you get, but does not updae the info on your phone.

When you rob him, the server tell you hom much you got and your phone decides whether to update the hood view (little money bag).

I doubt very much that a money bag will ever appear because the opposite never happens - if the player you are robbing collects before you can rob all the buildings then the money bags do not dissapear.
This is to say the hood view is not refreshed.

I know this is a long description but makes sense from observations.

Only thing that is possible is: Could you rob a building without a moneybag if became collectable while you were there?
I will try to tap on non colectable buildings of my rivals, just in case this is possible and to test the theory.

skunk

Lars
11-21-2011, 08:49 AM
I am pretty strongly against this. This game is favoring the robbers as it is, allowing them to squat on you would make it really bad.

Agreed. I would rather see the avatars of people visiting my hood (with nick, so I could try to find them on the rivals list) and perhaps being able to attack them. Would also be nice if their defense buildings do not count when they are attacked outside their own territory ...

On the other hand it would make sense that the avatar of hoods owner is not shown to visitors when the player is staying outside his hood.