PDA

View Full Version : Rivals list and mafia numbers above lvl 85

skunk
11-17-2011, 03:24 PM
I have always kept my mafia count low, I'm lvl 88 and have 310 fully equiped mafia.
My reason fo low mafia count is so I don't appear on lots of peoples rivals lists and my rivals list is full of people with low mafia count too.

But now at higher levels, it appears this does not matter, my rivals list is full of people with maxed out mafia count 430+ and I'm being visited by people of the same.

So why should I keep my mafia count low?
Or should I now just add 100 people and get the 300 - 500 attack/defense boost it will come with?

thoughts?

youj
11-17-2011, 03:43 PM
Get 500 mafia

Babytway
11-17-2011, 04:15 PM
get them mafia numbers up so you show up on my list and i can come visit you :)

mascorona
11-17-2011, 04:25 PM
add me 314 843 068

Cooz
11-17-2011, 04:42 PM
This seems to be a hot topic on here.

I started playing with a maxed mob, and recently dropped it to about 60 percent of that. To be honest, i'm finding plenty of people who are doing the same thing as I am, but there are lot of people who are much worse off than their full-mob level colleagues.

I didn't get attacked much anyway, and I'm not now, but the only reason I did it is all the talk from the 80-85+ level people that say the fight lists of people around 200 dip all the way down to around there.

The theory is everyone at a higher level has a maxed out mob full with all the best weapons. So they avoid them by reducing mobs.

I'm trying it, cuz, well, why not, but two issues with this...1. there's nothing preventing anyone at level 200 from doing the same thing, and just through a ton more experience, probably kick the tar out of me. 2. The common thought of this game is its mob member vs. mob member. That's not the case. I wrote this somewhere else, and I'll try to be short, but if you have 10 guys, one with a 50 atk weapon and everyone else with a 1 atk weapon, you're fighting with 59 atk. If your enemy has 10 mobs, one has a 40 def weapon, and everyone else has a 2 def weapon, your enemy is defending with 58. You're ahead 59-58 despite having a weaker weapon in 9 of 10 alleged individual battles.

So in essence you're weakening your mob by taking people out and waiting until they're fully equipped. They can be fighting with all the lower weapons and still be stronger than not having them there.

TemplarX
11-17-2011, 07:04 PM
Skunk, I came to the same conclusion. For over 60 levels, I have kept a low mafia count and used a strategy of an over-armed elite force to fight my way around the city. But now that I am at Level 72, it does not seem to matter as most of the rivals have large mobs. Increasingly, their total attack points are closing in on mine, due to overwhelming numbers. I have started to aggressively increase my mafia size, while spending aggressively to equip them. Summarizing, I am of the opinion that up to a point somewhere in the 'high' levels, keeping a small mafia size is uncompetitive and the only way to go is to rope in more gangsters.

whocareswhatmynameis
11-17-2011, 07:13 PM
interesting... i was led to believe that low mafia size works even at higher levels. well, i'm at least a couple of weeks from getting to level mid-80's, so for now my mantra continues to be "lean and mean"!

martMode
11-17-2011, 09:24 PM
i think keeping a way too low mafia will lower your overall att/def at higher levels. the only reason why you are not attacked all so much is probably the folks trying to do championship or winning streaks, ie if you are less than 460, then it doesnt count to your score of winning streaks.

i guess the calc is current level times 5. ie if you are level 80, you should have up to 400 mafia. no more, unless they are all equipped.

at higher levels, it doesnt matter. as the folks are probably already done deal with these goals, it is just attacking and robbing for them only.

khung003
11-17-2011, 09:29 PM
300 mobs is low ? it's not low.
What to know how many mobs is low? 40-50 mobs at level 100, that is low.