PDA

View Full Version : Why Even Build Money Buildings? (Serious Question)

Terry White
11-14-2011, 04:06 PM
And this is an honest question, hear me out.

I am level 86 and have around $30K a hour income, which is more than 95% of the hoods I run into. Any upgrade or new building I get will take at least a month to recover my investment, and that is assuming optimized collection AND zero robbery.

I wanted to spend money on weapons/armor/vehicles, but the respect version of those items are so much better. Even the PVP attack items are extremely competitive. The 7 million gun is not as good as the sawed-off shotgun. The 4.4 million chainsaw is not as good as the 400 respect serrated blade, and so forth.

In the very end game, what exactly do we use money for? Other than buy more money buildings or spend more on defense buildings to protect your money buildings. Because that is the only value I see.

Can some super high level people educate me? I understand there is the attraction of building a bigger and bigger hood, but is that it? Is there any tangible, real benefit of having a super high income when you can spend 1-2 million and the item you get is still inferior to the far easier to obtain 200-300 respect point equivalent?

Dorian Gray
11-14-2011, 04:30 PM
It just seems like I'm going to have to invest $$ in weapons at some point. I'm finished with all the fight streaks and all my robberies are respect focused. Still, it seems like I'm never going to have enough respect items to supply my full mafia.

My respect items lvl 67:
57 tommy guns
18 Shotguns
3 Rocket launchers (streak rewards)
9 Columbian knives
3 Chain whips (rewards, maybe bought one)
33 Combat boots
85 NV Binoculars
25 Mustangs
60 Yamaha Race Bikes
3 Exceleros (rewards)

Kirbnite
11-14-2011, 04:35 PM
I actually see no reason other than admiration from others as they view your income and hood. All you need is an income that produces enough to purchase the goal required items. I have earned enough to purchase 2 lofts one level 4 and one level 2 currently upgrading to 3, a crematorium, currently building a condo, and cringed as I watched the savings diminish after spending $8,000,000. The fact is you save, save, save, upgrade, build and begin the cycle over again.

I sat back and asked my self why? I have no answer as I'm not getting a goal accomplished, nor is this a competitive game other than rival fights. And if you reduce your mafia, it makes those very easy to win. Now I'm only a level 113 and just purchased a bunch of explosives to bring my attack and defense near 17,500. The majority of the rivals I fight are 8,000 - 10,000. So other than admiration of your rivals, there is absolutely no reason.

Mb Tnk
11-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Your right on the "money", Terry, with your thinking, go a little further, there is really NO need for a hood, NO need at all.... if you do PvP and rob all the time, that is your income, and if you don't need to spend it on Money buildings, then it's all money for you to spend on the bloody exspensive weapons and explosives. With no hood, nobody will rob you, therefore, no point in defense building, and if you bank all your robbed income and PvP loot income, then there is no point in attacking you..... Kinda liberating... but then again, makes the game very boring after awhile, since half of the game is building a hood for others to rob. :cool:

duder
11-14-2011, 07:11 PM

I think I just died a little inside.

TemplarX
11-14-2011, 07:59 PM
there is really NO need for a hood, NO need at all.... if you do PvP and rob all the time, that is your income, and if you don't need to spend it on Money buildings, then it's all money for you to spend on the bloody exspensive weapons and explosives. With no hood, nobody will rob you, therefore, no point in defense building, and if you bank all your robbed income and PvP loot income, then there is no point in attacking you..... Kinda liberating...

Bravo... that is when you find 'religion'! The truth will set you free!

TemplarX
11-14-2011, 08:03 PM
Terry, I came to the same conclusion as you. I finished all the low level buildings, and I have been asking about the merits of building the higher income ones, and so far no one has given me a good reason to. Even assuming perfectly synchronized collection and zero robberies, the high income buildings make ZERO (rather NEGATIVE, investment sense, unless my game play time horizon is stretched into perpetuity). Better to just rob and spend the money on weapons immediately, boost your attack, gain respect, which gives you better weapons to rob and attack... over and over again. I spend money to expand my hood, because I am trying to build a Central Park tourist attraction.

whocareswhatmynameis
11-14-2011, 08:37 PM
I understand there is the attraction of building a bigger and bigger hood, but is that it? Is there any tangible, real benefit of having a super high income when you can spend 1-2 million and the item you get is still inferior to the far easier to obtain 200-300 respect point equivalent?

First off, let me start by saying that there is no right way of playing the game. Personally, I am rather fascinated by the economy of the game. I consider building and upgrading income buildings as well as expanding and gentrifying my hood my primary objective. PvP and PvE is just a filler as I wait for the next upgrade or expansion. To protect my investment, I need to equip my mafia and build defense buildings. So, I fight and rob for respect points. I may be in the minority but that's why I play the game.

pooOnU
11-15-2011, 12:51 AM
It just doesn't make sense to continually buy buildings and upgrade for the sake of generating income. I consider the income generated from the buildings as a bonus. My goal is to to make my hood look pimp. It's just too bad that the number and types of decorations are weak. I find days where I just rearrange all my buildings to keep the game fun.

rustbinlid
11-15-2011, 06:12 AM
First off, let me start by saying that there is no right way of playing the game. Personally, I am rather fascinated by the economy of the game. I consider building and upgrading income buildings as well as expanding and gentrifying my hood my primary objective. PvP and PvE is just a filler as I wait for the next upgrade or expansion. To protect my investment, I need to equip my mafia and build defense buildings. So, I fight and rob for respect points. I may be in the minority but that's why I play the game.
Why not just play Sim City? (It is not a criticism)

Max Power
11-15-2011, 06:58 AM
Welp, since the fight experience in this game is pretty much just pressing a button once, what else are ya gonna do? If you have no hood, you don't need any money.

There are far better games out there that are just for fighting.

whocareswhatmynameis
11-15-2011, 08:27 AM
Why not just play Sim City? (It is not a criticism)

iOS version has got a not-so-great user reviews... i'm not saying i don't enjoy beating up and robbing my rivals, but i like the buildings more!

khung003
11-16-2011, 02:33 AM
I think now you have the reason for money buildings, I just see more maps with jobs cost millions, hope they have better loot items as well.

skunk
11-16-2011, 03:36 AM
I use the income from my buildings to buy consumables so I can rob bigger and better people!!
I can buy a couple of anthrax grenades an hour or quite a few frags!!
The benefit here is I don't use a bank and they last quite a long time in the end of the day.

I do bank my robery cash if it's substantial and then upgrade existing buildings.
But I don't buy and big buildings, just little ones that suit my frequent player style.

skunk

Cooz
11-16-2011, 08:39 AM

I agree, it's just fun to make money. The OP is correct in asking what the point is, cuz there really isn't one. An additional $1,000 an hour is barely noticeable in the speed of the game, but that kind of bump-up is an extremely expensive building. But, it's just fun to have, I guess.

Everyone knocks money weapons, I've built a pretty powerful mob with them (for my level). And I don't really like saving, so I figure I'll just keep buying one particular weapon until I'm full, then switch to something else.

procsyzarc
11-16-2011, 12:52 PM
I have actually decided to avoid money buildings all together now, my current is $1000.00 per hour but I rarely collect it when it comes up so I am lucky if I make 5k per day. With 30 stam (and building now) I can usally go through the rival list and find 1-2 cash cows to fight 20k+ or so out of each. So from now on just going to focus on defence buildings maybe when get to the point i can't possibly be robbed I might put in some big money buildings but for now just don't see the point (maybe its easier for people with an iphone who can pull it out every 3 hours to collect but on a Ipad its a bit hard to pull it out to collect if you are busy at work or out in the weekends)