PDA

View Full Version : Strategy beyond fight streaks.

Max Power
11-12-2011, 09:50 AM
I didn't start the fight streak until a little too late, but I am at level 75 and I am getting near the end. What do you guys do after they are over? I can see using my energy to still go after loot drops, but do you guys just go to robbing? Continue attacking? At this point, the loot drops from fighting are not very valuable anymore, so is fighting worth it without the mission respect payouts?

Just curious to what people at higher levels are doing.

Kirbnite
11-12-2011, 11:51 AM
Well I still attack left and right to obtain nail bats, armored police vehicles, vest, hunting rifles, skull shotguns (so rare. Only 12-13 of em through 16,000 fights, rocket launchers (even more rare) and pimp low riders (most rare). At the same token I am earning plenty of respect points to purchase respect items.

The butterfly knives, wish it would realize after 500 of em that I would rather nothing.

rustbinlid
11-12-2011, 01:28 PM
Still getting hardcore hitman quests, just not at every level. Still fighting and robbing, mainly for respect. And now and again robbing for cash. Level 101. Using energy to farm parts of the map where I know decent stuff is located. Now and again getting motivated to do the goals, but not bothered about finishing these at this time. Level 101.

The higher your rivals the more likely they are to have high money buildings. The ones that rob me and win cannot watch their hoods 24/7, as someone 46 levels above me found to their cost today. She robbed me of $21000 and I went to her hood 6 hrs later and robbed her of $93000. Plenty of levels 150-200 have much worse stats that me, plenty of these levels have comparable stats and a fair few have incredibly better stats. When I was level 80+ and they were hitting me I was pretty miffed, to put it mildly. Now I don't give a s***. I know at some point, I will come across them again, and my stats will be better.

So basically I am still doing the same things that I would have been doing 50 levels ago, expanding, building and upgrading, robbing and fighting.

BigCheese
11-13-2011, 09:45 PM
yea... u get robbed abd u rob back in this game. cheers

Max Power
11-14-2011, 11:38 AM
Welp, got my fight streaks done at level 79, just before the tsunami of big hitters rolls in. Kinda sick of fighting, although I did win over 3000 straight fights. When the bog boppers come, I think I will rob their fancy pants properties for a while.....

J.J.
11-14-2011, 11:45 AM
Welp, got my fight streaks done at level 79, just before the tsunami of big hitters rolls in. Kinda sick of fighting, although I did win over 3000 straight fights. When the bog boppers come, I think I will rob their fancy pants properties for a while.....

Just keep at it. Get your defense to as close as 15,000 as you can before the tsunami comes. Work on getting your income p.h. as high as you possibly can. You'll hit a point where butterfly knives and such will not even add to your attack/def much at all. I'm at the point of where I have to buy decent weapons to get my stats up. I've found that the sniper rifle, steel garrote, and blast guard helmets give the best bang for the buck.

Max Power
11-14-2011, 01:29 PM
Just keep at it. Get your defense to as close as 15,000 as you can before the tsunami comes. Work on getting your income p.h. as high as you possibly can. You'll hit a point where butterfly knives and such will not even add to your attack/def much at all. I'm at the point of where I have to buy decent weapons to get my stats up. I've found that the sniper rifle, steel garrote, and blast guard helmets give the best bang for the buck.

Good tips on the weapons. Yeah, I am pretty full of butterfly knives. For the last 30 levels I have had pretty much the same plan, PvP all the time and re-invest.

My defense is already over 17k, with quite a few defense building waiting for upgrades, so I am gonna pound money into that for a while.

Kinda cool wandering into hoods with no plan. With 11k attack, I can pretty much rob anybody at my level. I should probably do that, as that whole scenario is about to change....LOL!

Cooz
11-17-2011, 11:53 AM
Good tips on the weapons. Yeah, I am pretty full of butterfly knives. For the last 30 levels I have had pretty much the same plan, PvP all the time and re-invest.

My defense is already over 17k, with quite a few defense building waiting for upgrades, so I am gonna pound money into that for a while.

Kinda cool wandering into hoods with no plan. With 11k attack, I can pretty much rob anybody at my level. I should probably do that, as that whole scenario is about to change....LOL!

I didn't realize I wasn't getting the winning streak goals because I hadn't done any other goals. I cleared out a few because I wanted to focus on getting more respect, so I am now realizing I've wasted 2,500 fights without any reward and I'm gonna hit higher levels while trying to get caught up.

That kinda sucks...I'm a lower level than you, Max, but not that far behind. I was pretty happy with 6500/7500 atk/def, but I'm probably in trouble, huh?

skunk
11-17-2011, 12:25 PM

Why invest in defense???

There will always be someone who can rob you, I only have 10k defense at level 88 and yeah I get robbed.
Often I get robbed by people with 6k attack - so I ask, even if I were 200k defens, I'd still get robbed !!

Unless you carry explosives, there is no risk in hitting the rob button, you may get lucky regardless of how big the guy is.

There is only one defense against being robbed - collect ASAP and carry no cash.

Max Power
11-17-2011, 02:01 PM
I invested back before I realized you would fight other levels after a while. Right now practically nobody can rob me at my level, or at least I have a screen filled with green and very few people even try, so there is some value to it. As long as I am dealing with people at my level, the strategy is sound. Not so much when the level 200s roll in.

Still, I am at level 81 and nobody has robbed me from a higher level that I know about yet, so not sure of the defense level is a good idea or not. We shall see. Not building any more buildings, but I will probably level out the ones I have. I am upgrading lofts right now. They take a while, so it's a chance to save.

Certes
11-17-2011, 03:05 PM
If you're using the conservative mafia approach, you'll probably start seeing those higher levels around level 85 or 86. Even then, it will only be a few levels above and below. Once you hit the 90s, you start seeing into the higher levels.

At least that has been my experience. I've been between 305-315 mafia throughout those levels. I still can't see higher than 160, and have never been attacked by anyone higher than level 122.