PDA

View Full Version : Preparation to take on the BIG BOYS! Expert advice needed

TemplarX
11-09-2011, 01:25 AM
Dear Experts, I have been following your posts and reading about how crazy the highest levels are where people from many levels up appear on your rivals list. Given the increasing popularity of the game, does anyone have a recent update on what defines the 'high' levels these days (mid-Nov)? I think someone said Lvl 70 a few weeks back?

I am at Level 64... and things still look normal (all rivals on the same level, although with much bigger mafia size than mine). At level 64, I don't see many who rival my stats. I am trying to stall and camp awhile before I head to the 'high' levels. Am I ready? I am now focusing on building at least 10 Lvl 2 Gatling Turrets (I have 6 now), and upgrading some of my older defenses, in preparation for the BIG BOYS. Besides that, I feel I am almost ready weapon-wise and financial-wise. What do you think? Here are my stats:

Level 64
# of Mafia members: 188 (57 pending requests)
# of Weapons : 644 (I have about 190 vehicles)
# of Armor : 272
Total Mafia Attack : 4755
Total Mafia Defense: 6000
Income per Hour : $14,787
Money : about $1m in savings
Hood Size : I have built out to the max on both left and right just before you hit the roads, my next expansion is $750k for 56 hours.
Time Commitment : Frequent log-ins, but expected to reduce quite a bit (maybe 3 times a day) over the next month

How much defense buildings will I need to tackle the 'high' levels? Should I build a much larger cash reserves? Should I bulk up to 250 mafia size, and equip them all before proceeding?

skunk
11-09-2011, 02:29 AM
I'm level 80 and nowt has changed for me in the last 10 levels.

271 mafia
100% equipped
7364 attack
7839 defense
I get robbed frequently over night, but always have so nowt new there and only people hitting my small buildings for a few hundred. (seriously who wastes a stamina point on robbing a laundromat???)
Very rarely lose an attack though.

So I'd say crack on and level up, you don't look too weak for that level, remember, no matter how big you are, there is always someone bigger (except for 1 man out there - the top dog and I bet he loses some times too)

Forget cash reserves, what good is money in the bank - you are not going to leave it to your kids are you?
I could waffle about expensive weapons etc, but personally I think they are a waste of money!!
You can give 1 mafia a big gun (woohoo) but the rest have pea shooters (doh) spend a bit of time and look into what your mafia is actually using, easiest way to do this is buy a nice respect gun and see how many points it adds to defense and attack compared to it's actual statistics - you'll probably find that you lose 4or5 att/def points off the weapon - this means your mafia are not using weapons with 4/5 any more !! Do same for melee and armour.
Then you'll see what is actualy worth buying. - racer bikes to replace all junkers for a start!!

I'd rather spend money on buildings that you can actively use and upgrading your existing buildings.

khung003
11-09-2011, 02:42 AM
remember, no matter how big you are, there is always someone bigger (except for 1 man out there - the top dog and I bet he loses some times too)

This is not right, skunk. This game is designed to have no obvious top dog, so people have to play forever to be a so called "top dog".

This is kind of advance, try to understand the "advance" things.

The top dogs can beat each other 10 times in a round without losing a fight. The trick lies at the attack & defense points and skill points. If you are strong at defense, you can't attack anyone, but if you are strong at attack, your defense is weak. At that time you can beat many people and many people can beat you. That is designed by this game.

The only way to be a top dog is pay for thousands strong gold weapons.

Castun
11-09-2011, 05:12 AM
(seriously who wastes a stamina point on robbing a laundromat???)

Those are the people who are trying to maximize the respect gained versus experience gained. Laundromats are one of the few buildings that usually give you more respect than XP. They aren't trying to level up or make a lot of money in the process.

K@le
11-09-2011, 08:23 AM
I am at level 81 right now and until i reached lvl 70 nobody could succesfully attack me and some times rob me.
Now i am really seeing people with higher stats and i get robbed and attacked more then before.
My stats are now atk 10777 and def 12847 and believe me you wil not double your stats in 15 lvls
So camp out whereever you are now and do laundromats for great respect income, i camped out 2 weeks only robbing laundromats and got for 6 stamina about 8 xp points but also around 15 respect points, after 2 weeks i had more then 8000 respect points and spent them wise on good gear. ( racebikes 13-12 are the best at the moment.)

I personally think your stats are not great, your attack of 4755 is not high enough for lvl 65, i have another account and that one is on level 67 with 4652 attack and i can hardly rob anybody or attack some one thats why a make a new account and dit it a little bit better.
If you pump a lot of money into explosive you can maybe boost your attack and defense each with 1200-1500 points, keep in mind they are consumable.

Mb Tnk
11-09-2011, 08:24 AM
If you can get your mafia defense up to 9K and your building defense up to 4K (so total defense listed on the stats screen would read 13K), by the time you hit level 73-74 then you should be doing very good, there is only a small number of players that will be able to get through. If you plan on camping, don't, continue to play as you will and level up very, very slowly, best way for this, rob ONLY Laundromats and ONLY do PvP attacks of opertunity (i.e. they are holding a lot of cash). This way, you will get the most respect coins per level and spend all your cash on your buildings.

Make sure you COMPLETE all of your goals that pay out respect coins.

khung003
11-09-2011, 09:11 AM
i camped out 2 weeks only robbing laundromats and got for 6 stamina about 8 xp points but also around 15 respect points, after 2 weeks i had more then 8000 respect points and spent them wise on good gear. ( racebikes 13-12 are the best at the moment.)

This a good advice I think, but what surprise me is the number of respect points you got in 2 weeks. Everyday I earned 2000 respect points only by robbing & attacking people, none respect points come from doing quest since I finished all quests already. Why you can earn only 600 respect points/day ? at least must be more than 1000 respect points/day.

J.J.
11-09-2011, 09:26 AM
From what I've noticed, when you hit L84, you'll be thrown in the pen with all the big dogs. That means you'll show up as a rival of people from L200 on down. When you get to 84, make sure your D is at least 15,000. I'm at around 15,000 and I don't get hit too often, I should be higher than that at my level, but I'm working on it.

I saw a L86 guy today with a D of 87,000!!! If you can pull that off, NO ONE will mess with you.

Cooz
11-09-2011, 09:28 AM
I am at Level 64... and things still look normal (all rivals on the same level, although with much bigger mafia size than mine). At level 64, I don't see many who rival my stats. I am trying to stall and camp awhile before I head to the 'high' levels. Am I ready? I am now focusing on building at least 10 Lvl 2 Gatling Turrets (I have 6 now), and upgrading some of my older defenses, in preparation for the BIG BOYS. Besides that, I feel I am almost ready weapon-wise and financial-wise. What do you think? Here are my stats:

Level 64
# of Mafia members: 188 (57 pending requests)
# of Weapons : 644 (I have about 190 vehicles)
# of Armor : 272
Total Mafia Attack : 4755
Total Mafia Defense: 6000
Income per Hour : $14,787

I'm a few levels lower than you, and I've got you beat in every area - but, you don't have a maxed mob, so you'd probably be stronger than me if you added mobs to your limit. Either way, it seems like we are very similar. I'm not struggling against anyone around my level either, but I've come across a few dudes who are just jacked. Twice to three times what we're packing. I think there are those guys on every level, but I find it strange that in just another 10-15 levels, everyone will be stronger than where we currently are.

So I'm not necessarily buying it. Keep doing your thing, you'll probably be fine. The main difference is going to be the fact you'll have much more active players at the higher levels - logically, only people invested in the game will play it that long. And it's designed to rob and be robbed. It's gonna happen, not much you can do about it.

I agree with the earlier comment though, what's the point of having a cash reserve? Are you looking to buy an airplane or something? You'll always get cash, you won't always have time, so get that money back into circulation.

Cooz
11-09-2011, 09:34 AM
I could waffle about expensive weapons etc, but personally I think they are a waste of money!!
You can give 1 mafia a big gun (woohoo) but the rest have pea shooters (doh)

I disagree with you, Skunk. Fights are not determined head-on-head, it's the total value of your attack plus the random factor. Let's say you have 10 mobs, and each of them has a gun. One gun is worth 50 atk, and the other nine are worth 1 atk each. You have an atk of 59.

Your opponent also has 10 mobs, one with a gun worth 40 def, and the rest with 2, giving them a total def of 58. Ignoring the random effect, your mob is stronger, 59-58, despite having a weaker gun in 9 of the 10 individual fights. So in reality, any additional mob member makes you stronger, assuming they're equipped with SOME kind of weapon.

Does that make sense?

khung003
11-09-2011, 09:39 AM
I saw a L86 guy today with a D of 87,000!!! If you can pull that off, NO ONE will mess with you.

There the limitation for atk/def points and number of level 10 buildings.
You can only equip for 500 mobs and the currently designed weapons/armors/vehicles don't let any player have more than 60 def/mob if he play normally (pay about 500 bucks, loot M14A1 everyday also can't let him equip more than 60def/mob)

Same to number of level 10 buildings. Upgrade 1 good defense buildings to level 10 cost 2 weeks. And the game just released 13 weeks ago. So he can have about 7 level 10 good defense buildings max, unless he pay to build fast.

So the one you see must play with gold bars, tons of gold bars, he must buy hundreds or thousands gold weapons, and buy time for every buildings he built. So he may pay $10,000 or even $100,000. If someone really pay that much to get that strong, what to point to mess with him ?

Duke.0
11-09-2011, 09:51 AM
I am at level 81 right now and until i reached lvl 70 nobody could succesfully attack me and some times rob me.
Now i am really seeing people with higher stats and i get robbed and attacked more then before.
My stats are now atk 10777 and def 12847 and believe me you wil not double your stats in 15 lvls
So camp out whereever you are now and do laundromats for great respect income, i camped out 2 weeks only robbing laundromats and got for 6 stamina about 8 xp points but also around 15 respect points, after 2 weeks i had more then 8000 respect points and spent them wise on good gear. ( racebikes 13-12 are the best at the moment.)

I personally think your stats are not great, your attack of 4755 is not high enough for lvl 65, i have another account and that one is on level 67 with 4652 attack and i can hardly rob anybody or attack some one thats why a make a new account and dit it a little bit better.
If you pump a lot of money into explosive you can maybe boost your attack and defense each with 1200-1500 points, keep in mind they are consumable.

You are only looking at his overall level and his overall attack. That is not very accurate to me.
You said you have 4652 and can't rob or attack anybody successfully, maybe your mafia size is too large and you don't have enough gear to support it?

@TemplarX
If you take the mafia attack per mafia member number (in this case TemplarX's is 25.29 per mafia member) he is not doing so bad like you think for his mafia size.

The ideal number which my self and whocareswhatmynameis aim for is 30 per mafia member or higher. I try and not dip below 30 at all and fully outfit my mafia with explosives and enough cars too.

For example:
Mafia Attack divided by #Mafia = Mafia attack per member
I am level 61
4475 mafia attack
140 mafia
4475/140 = 31.9 mafia attack per member

There is no definitive facts from CCMark to say that there is any right or wrong way to do it, however just from my limited experience, aiming for 30 attack per mafia member is a good baseline to start.

So in a nutshell:

1. Farm laundromats for respect, spend R on Yamaha Race Bikes or something which you need.

2. Aim for 30+ attack per mafia member

3. Avoid robbing warehouses and other buildings and getting fights, you don't want to level up fast

4. Do not do goals intentionally. (like unintentionally you might complete the "get 5000 mafia defense", but that's okay)

5. Spend your $ on defense (gatling guns or other things) and upgrades to existing money buildings

6. Farm M4A1 (its 43 exp per try but the gun is worth it imo!)

7. Spend some $ on explosives for all mafia members

8. Count your items once in a while to make sure you have enough to equip all mafia with 1 car, 1 melee , 1 gun, 1 armor, 1 explosive.

9. Take your time and don't rush/force anything. Its a marathon not a sprint.

10. When talking about defense, Crime City Mark Said:
If you're worried about getting robbed your priority should be:

Defense buildings > Mafia size (up to cap) > Defense items / defense skill

Max Power
11-09-2011, 10:26 AM
The ideal number which my self and whocareswhatmynameis aim for is 30 per mafia member or higher. I try and not dip below 30 at all and fully outfit my mafia with explosives and enough cars too.

I keep seeing this number, but I am not seeing an explanation of how you decided this. What difference does total mafia make in calculating this number is not all of them are used. Shouldn't the number be total attack divided by the number of mafia employable at your level rather than total mafia period?

I am not sure how you can figure idle mafia into this magic 30 per member number calculation.

khung003
11-09-2011, 10:51 AM
the magic number...lol...people often think player's strength is the total atk/def point, it's easy to understand but it does not tell you he/she is strong and well equipped or not.

The real player strength is determined by the atk/def point per mob. With that number you can tell someone equip his/her mobs with strong weapons or not.

And the magic number is 40 atk/mob. not 30. Mevin Tan could equip 200 mobs with 40 atk point/mob, without real cash, he is a strong player. (I'm with about 350 mobs). With that number, you make sure none of your mobs go to the battle with a bicycle and a pocket knife.

Mb Tnk
11-09-2011, 11:11 AM
....Everyday I earned 2000 respect points only by robbing & attacking people, none respect points come from doing quest since I finished all quests already. ...

Impressive, with max stamina earned per 24hr being 480 points, your earning atleast 4 respect per stamina, impressive. I guess if you are not to worried about leveling, then yes hitting the high value buildings and doing PvP gives you a ton more respect then doing the laundromats.

khung003
11-09-2011, 11:13 AM
5 respect points / stamina, is more correct. I can use 400 stamina / day, but it's hard, need to wake up about 2:00 AM at least once to attack/rob people :D

attack higher level give me up to 11 respect point/fight. and only rob 8 - 13 respect points buildings. You must value each stamina. rob laundromats ??? are you a pick pocket?

whocareswhatmynameis
11-09-2011, 11:28 AM
I keep seeing this number, but I am not seeing an explanation of how you decided this. What difference does total mafia make in calculating this number is not all of them are used. Shouldn't the number be total attack divided by the number of mafia employable at your level rather than total mafia period?

I am not sure how you can figure idle mafia into this magic 30 per member number calculation.

you are right... it's actually attack point divided by # mafia employed in PvP. for those whose sizes are greater than the maximum allowed for their level, mafia employed is 5*lvl. for some of use who play with smaller numbers, mafia employed is total mafia since all our members participate in the fights/robberies.

i first suggested the "magic number" (and this has been explored in depth by @duke) after observing that whenever i maintain the 30:1 ratio, my stats are almost always better than players in the rival list. since instituting this strategy, i haven't lost any attacks (fight or robbery). i have repelled almost all aggression by other players (i sometimes lose robberies, but is getting rarer). @duke's experience has also been similar.

And the magic number is 40 atk/mob. not 30.

obviously, the higher the number the better. your statement may be more appropriate for your level (80...90 plus?) since the PvP dynamics changes. so far, the "magic number" of 30 has worked well for low to mid levels (i'm currently lvl 57). i would appreciate if players at higher levels can post their experiences (attack/mob ratio and whether they are winning most fights)...

Dorian Gray
11-09-2011, 11:32 AM

Is this really the consensus, explosives seemed like a waste of money to me??

whocareswhatmynameis
11-09-2011, 11:35 AM

no clear consensus yet! the jury is still out...

khung003
11-09-2011, 12:10 PM
obviously, the higher the number the better. your statement may be more appropriate for your level (80...90 plus?) since the PvP dynamics changes. so far, the "magic number" of 30 has worked well for low to mid levels (i'm currently lvl 57). i would appreciate if players at higher levels can post their experiences (attack/mob ratio and whether they are winning most fights)...

Just because you're too weak, you should set the number lower like 20-30 is ok. At the time I was at level 50s my atk/mob already 33.65 atk/mob.

khung003
11-09-2011, 12:17 PM
40 atk/mob is the limitation based on the timing and current weapons/armors/vehicles, and of course hard to achieve for hundreds mobs. With later update, and in different time, the number can be 50 or 60 atk /mob

skunk
11-09-2011, 12:18 PM

I'm a good fan of attacking explosives (ones with 0 dfefensive value) as I can control when they are used - only used against people I fight against and if I choose wisely I never really use them!

Defense explosives however!!! They get used very quickly, I've gone through 200 in a night, if you imagine every person who attacks or robs you will use 10 or so - it only takes 20 attacks to burn the lot.
They would only work if you bought enough really hight value ones to act as a deterrent, but as I've said before, there is always someone bigger - so you will always burn your defense explosives.

I won't be buying defense explosives again.

Dorian Gray
11-09-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm a good fan of attacking explosives (ones with 0 dfefensive value) as I can control when they are used - only used against people I fight against and if I choose wisely I never really use them!

Defense explosives however!!! They get used very quickly, I've gone through 200 in a night, if you imagine every person who attacks or robs you will use 10 or so - it only takes 20 attacks to burn the lot.
They would only work if you bought enough really hight value ones to act as a deterrent, but as I've said before, there is always someone bigger - so you will always burn your defense explosives.

I won't be buying defense explosives again.

That makes sense.

khung003
11-09-2011, 12:31 PM
since instituting this strategy, i haven't lost any attacks (fight or robbery). i have repelled almost all aggression by other players (i sometimes lose robberies, but is getting rarer). @duke's experience has also been similar.

This is funny. Many people here (including me) claimed that they do not lose any fights and defenses at low levels.

Actually it's not hard to achieve that, since the number of people at low level is huge, thousands of players at that level. The strong may not touch you in their rival list and you may not see any real strong players.

whocareswhatmynameis
11-09-2011, 01:15 PM
Just because you're too weak, you should set the number lower like 20-30 is ok. At the time I was at level 50s my atk/mob already 33.65 atk/mob.

i may be weak compared to you, but believe me, considering 1- i'm a tycoon and 2- my primary emphasis is building my economy and not PvP, i'm doing alright for my level and size :)

fights: won/ lost 2192/ 165 (93%)
robbery: won/ lost 7383/ 143 (98%)

Duke.0
11-09-2011, 02:15 PM
i may be weak compared to you, but believe me, considering 1- i'm a tycoon and 2- my primary emphasis is building my economy and not PvP, i'm doing alright for my level and size :)

fights: won/ lost 2192/ 165 (93%)
robbery: won/ lost 7383/ 143 (98%)

I also follow that 30 atk / mafia idea and i don't feel weak at all when i play. I don't really find my self loosing a lot of fights or robberies at all. Gold players pose the biggest threat right now for me.

Level 61
Fights won/lost 3226/172 (95%)
Robbery won/lost 2607/103 (96%)

I would eventually like to obtain 40 per mob, i need to get my economy going and farming respect a lot more to do so. But its possible. I was around 40 a level ago before i added additional mafia. But as far as being "weak" i really don't feel like i am. When i look at my rivals, there is hardly anybody who has near my stats or higher.

Mb Tnk
11-09-2011, 02:21 PM
Based on the best respect weapons and best money explosives, the best per mafia att and def you could ever hope to achieve would look like the following:

1. Guns RPG Att 36 Def 14
2. Mele Chain Whip Att 25 Def 19
3. Armor Full Combat Gear Att 17 Def 27
4. Vehicles Excelero Att 31 Def 17
5. Attack Explosives Att 30, Def 0, Defense Explosives, 0, 25 Def

Max att per mafia: 139
Max def per mafia: 102

Total cost per Mafia, respect coins: 3750 & $160,000

It's definitly doable, it'll just take a loooong time to complete for 500 mafia.

Duke.0
11-09-2011, 02:28 PM
Based on the best respect weapons and best money explosives, the best per mafia att and def you could ever hope to achieve would look like the following:

It's definitly doable, it'll just take a loooong time to complete for 500 mafia.

Nice information :)

Its only 1,875,000 respect and $50,000,000 to outfit 500 mafia with this setup.

69,500 mafia attack
51,000 mafia defense

Perhaps respect is better saved at level 50-100 and mafia size low then go all out and buy as much of the above mentioned equipment?

Interesting concept i suppose to keep it low, level slow(really slow) and stockpile respect.

hambergler
11-09-2011, 02:39 PM

There is higher Def items you can buy/get but those are the best attack as far as I can tell

Gun: Dual Machine Gun 4,000,000 (7 ATK 19 Def)
Figher Jet (not sure what it is called llv 195 Req): 24 ATK 36 DEF 84,000,000

Duke.0
11-09-2011, 02:54 PM
There is higher Def items you can buy/get but those are the best attack as far as I can tell

Gun: Dual Machine Gun 4,000,000 (7 ATK 19 Def)
Figher Jet (not sure what it is called llv 195 Req): 24 ATK 36 DEF 84,000,000

Well if you want more balanced attack / defense:
Gun: M4A1 20atk/22def
Explosive - (looks like an atomic bomb?) 8atk/8def - 6,000 each

Popeye The Sailor Man
11-09-2011, 03:02 PM
basically no matter what your equipment will be supplemented by PVP equipment. i donna high high levels that have been playing this day since it was created will have higher attack and defence then you

Fights won = 4484 Fights lost = 117 97 - 98%
robberies won = 1569 lost = 3 99%

J.J.
11-09-2011, 03:10 PM
basically no matter what your equipment will be supplemented by PVP equipment. i donna high high levels that have been playing this day since it was created will have higher attack and defence then you

Fights won = 4484 Fights lost = 117 97 - 98%
robberies won = 1569 lost = 3 99%

That's an impressive win percentage, enjoy it while it lasts! Once you hit L85 or so you'll be getting hit by people L200 on down that have insane attack/defense stats, like 50,000 or more.

khung003
11-09-2011, 04:50 PM
It's not hard to achieve 98 - 100% won at low levels. But at high levels, the only 100% win guarantee is my atk point > opponent's mob defense point + building defense point + 1000. Write your stats down and be proud now, or it's too late.

I once fight 1 guy, my atk point 13,000 (my skill point is high) and his total def only 9,000, 4 continuous tries and I lost all. Just simply email funzio the strange phenomenon and not see that guy anymore.

Popeye The Sailor Man
11-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Those loses I do have are often random things were people beat me for no real reason, I only ever see 2-3 players better then me...

At the moment grated the margins aint as high as they will. But I'm trying to improve the defence frantically before I get anywhere near to you, looking for around double my defence by the time I'm level 80 or so

eXc Drake
11-09-2011, 05:50 PM
I Dunno. My stats:

Level 65
Members: 325
Attack: 8320
Defense: 9267 (500 from buildings)
Fights Won: 3619
Lost: 91
Win/loss: 98%
Robberies Won: 1857
Lost: 17
Win/loss: 99%

I keep plugging along with the same strat: Add points to stamina, attack and energy. Take my time and find money buildings to rob or money carrying noObs to fight. Constantly work on Championship and Winning Streak missions to earn mad respect which I spend on bikes and goggles. Always be building and upgrading. Spent some gold on vipers, wateland pistols and a few buildings. Better to have a bunch of light gold items than 1 big one. PVP loot drops earn big with masks, buses, Steyrs, vests, sniper rifles. I rarely find people with higher stats, though I know I'm about to enter the mix with much higher levels. If you never carry cash and stay on top of your collections, defense means nothing but stats. Remember Vehicles and explosives, two categories I see most opponents miss.

Shooting for the magic number attack is moot, just do the best I can. I spend most of my energy farming M4's ignore mission goals, item goals and upgrade goals.

Works for me so far. As far as mafia members, once you get thrown into the upper levels with guys way above attacking you, it's better to have the max number equipped with whatever you can.

Bottom line, it's a numbers game. I don't care enough to make spreadsheets, but always bear in mind things like subtracting the stats of lower items you have equipped from the higher level item you're gaining. Also, keeping in mind the previous statement, 2 Columbian knives are worth more than one serrated blade, etc...

My 2 cents.

khung003
11-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Those loses I do have are often random things were people beat me for no real reason, I only ever see 2-3 players better then me...

At the moment grated the margins aint as high as they will. But I'm trying to improve the defence frantically before I get anywhere near to you, looking for around double my defence by the time I'm level 80 or so

You're currently level 58. Just because I stop playing since last Saturday, you need 2 weeks to be listed in my rival list. 1 month to be as same as my level.
If I continue playing, you need at least 3 months to be as same as my level.

The game is more & more becoming boring to me. Day by day, I attack/rob the same people again, again & again. The rival list just keep the same people everyday... so boring...

TemplarX
11-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Thanks for all your response to my questions!! 4 Pages of advice from the experts...keep them coming with whatever thoughts you have!

Forget cash reserves, what good is money in the bank - you are not going to leave it to your kids are you?
I'd rather spend money on buildings that you can actively use and upgrading your existing buildings.

The cash reserves built up quite naturally even though I often carry cash in pockets of $50k or more. But I get you...I try to use up my cash buying weapons or upgrading whenever I can instead of banking in. Thanks Skunk.

TemplarX
11-09-2011, 09:41 PM
after 2 weeks i had more then 8000 respect points and spent them wise on good gear. ( racebikes 13-12 are the best at the moment.) I personally think your stats are not great, your attack of 4755 is not high enough for lvl 65, i have another account and that one is on level 67 with 4652 attack and i can hardly rob anybody or attack some one thats why a make a new account and dit it a little bit better.

Thanks for the idea K@le, I may just focus on farming for respect points, since I have only about 10k in reserves now. I am not worried about my stats though. I fly low with only 188 mafia, so my rivals list excludes many big-sized gangs. On my list, I hardly see anyone (excluding the occasional high gold spenders) who has higher stats than me. I attack freely and win almost all my robs, and no one has successfully attacked me in days. My worry is not now, its when I get into the 'high' levels.

TemplarX
11-09-2011, 09:47 PM
If you can get your mafia defense up to 9K and your building defense up to 4K (so total defense listed on the stats screen would read 13K), by the time you hit level 73-74 then you should be doing very good, there is only a small number of players that will be able to get through.

How do you get building defense up to 4000??? I am almost done building 10 Gatlings upgraded to Level 2. Even then, that only gives me 560 defense points! Its going to take up all my real estate and building time, wouldnt it?? And for my mafia defense to go to 9000, I probably would have to boost my gang size from 188 to 300, and then fully equip them with at least (9000/300/4) = 7.5 pointer defense weapons.... almost impossible.... HELP?!

TemplarX
11-09-2011, 09:51 PM
This a good advice I think, but what surprise me is the number of respect points you got in 2 weeks. Everyday I earned 2000 respect points only by robbing & attacking people. Why you can earn only 600 respect points/day ? at least must be more than 1000 respect points/day.

Khung, how much stamina you have? I only have 14. I have distributed alot of skill points into Attack & Defense

TemplarX
11-09-2011, 09:55 PM
From what I've noticed, when you hit L84, you'll be thrown in the pen with all the big dogs. That means you'll show up as a rival of people from L200 on down. When you get to 84, make sure your D is at least 15,000. I'm at around 15,000 and I don't get hit too often, I should be higher than that at my level, but I'm working on it.

Thanks for the reality check JJ. Your conclusion is similar to Mb Tnk. Seems like I have to get to D=15k to survive. In order to do that, bulking up on mafia size seems inevitable (alternative is spend prohibitively on weapons which would be a financial stretch). Agreed guys?

TemplarX
11-09-2011, 10:00 PM
I agree with the earlier comment though, what's the point of having a cash reserve? Are you looking to buy an airplane or something? You'll always get cash, you won't always have time, so get that money back into circulation.

Hey Cooz, I am Asian, high savings is genetically programmed in me! LOL... Actually I try hard to spend all my money instead of putting in the bank, and most times I carry tens of k of $$ in the pocket. Its just spare cash that I deposit sometimes before I make a risky attack. But I guess you I right, I have to try harder to spend away my money on buying weapons especially.

khung003
11-10-2011, 02:42 AM
Khung, how much stamina you have? I only have 14. I have distributed alot of skill points into Attack & Defense

stamina 40
energy 1330

ShotInTheDark
11-10-2011, 09:57 AM
Preparation to take on the BIG BOYS!

Might be the most homosexual thread title i've ever heard in my life

Terry White
11-10-2011, 03:24 PM
I don't see any point of holding back on mobs below your level cap, if you play it right you will be fine against 95% of the players and you will lose to people who spend a ton of real money. There are people who have triple my stats, I do not need to compete with them.

I think defense building is a waste of time as you lose so much upgrade time/space for them. If you leave your level 7 warehouse open for a night you are still going to get robbed by people who spend a ton of real money. Who cares if they rob your 3 hour Italian restaurant? I rather spend all of my money/upgrade time on income producing buildings and sync up my collection time to the best of my ability on 12/24/48 hour buildings, shorter duration buildings, rob all you want, I don't care. The income you sacrifice for getting even 1000 defense is a permanent tax against your income.

The sooner you upgrade, the quicker your money works for you to make more money and so on. I only have money in bank if I am saving for a big upgrade.

Level 82 (410 mobs):
10865 attack
10854 defense
$27800 / hour income

(No gold spent, no camping)

I don't need to go into people's hoods to attack them at my level. If I lose a fight I just move on to the next guy on my list. I still win 90% of my fights which is good enough for me.

Worrying about lower level stats, winning percentages or stats per mob is kind of meaningless. It is like saying who has the most powerful level 20 character, does it matter? Sure you can sit there for weeks and just collect money from hood to buy items, but in reality you are just wasting your own time.

I can't wait to get to higher levels so other people's hoods become worth robbing again. I reached a conclusion that it is not worth my time to click through 10 hoods to find something nice to rob. I rather attack, eat the extra experience per respect point, but get a ton of PVP loot in return.

By the way I robbed a ton of Laundrymats early, instead of camping I find the excellent experience/respect ratio is excellent and it slows down my leveling process if I feel I need more time.

Dorian Gray
11-10-2011, 04:17 PM
I don't see any point of holding back on mobs below your level cap, if you play it right you will be fine against 95% of the players and you will lose to people who spend a ton of real money. There are people who have triple my stats, I do not need to compete with them.

I think defense building is a waste of time as you lose so much upgrade time/space for them. If you leave your level 7 warehouse open for a night you are still going to get robbed by people who spend a ton of real money. Who cares if they rob your 3 hour Italian restaurant? I rather spend all of my money/upgrade time on income producing buildings. The income you sacrifice for getting even 1000 defense is a permanent tax against your income.

The sooner you upgrade, the quicker your money works for you to make more money and so on. I only have money on hand if I am saving for a big upgrade.

Along the same lines I was thinking that $ buildings will continue to pump out defense points better in the long run because you'll always be getting more $ for more and better armor. Once you finish building and upgrading defense buildings, that's it, they just sit there taking up space. Valuable $ building space. edit: not to mention using upgrade time for def instead of increased income

TemplarX
11-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Hi Terry White, thanks for your contribution. Your strategy is refreshingly bold. It's rare to see (at least for me) attack > defense points which reflects the little building defenses you have. I was following the same strategy up till level 60, and then I had a change of mind. yes, the opportunity cost of building up hood defenses is a permanent tax on income, but the cost of good weapons escalates, and I am beginning to think that defense buildings are cost effective compared to weapons. So to get myself competitive, I embarked on Project Gatling building 10 Lvl2 turrets costing $1.4m. Since building defenses count in full vs weapon defenses in pvp fights, the equivalent in weapons needed would be for me to bump up my mafia size to about 250 (vs 190 I hv now), and equipping them with something like 60 riot shields for about $2m. indeed my next project is to bump up my mafia size to >200, but this does not detract from my current thinking that hood defenses are cost competitive vs weapon defenses.

whocareswhatmynameis
11-10-2011, 06:45 PM
I don't see any point of holding back on mobs below your level cap

well it helps me invest all the money earned from income buildings on my economy (expand, build, upgrade). i don't have to worry about arming a large mafia with good weapons. instead i use exclusively respect points for weapons.

The sooner you upgrade, the quicker your money works for you to make more money and so on. I only have money in bank if I am saving for a big upgrade.
i'm with you on that!!!

Worrying about lower level stats, winning percentages or stats per mob is kind of meaningless. It is like saying who has the most powerful level 20 character, does it matter? Sure you can sit there for weeks and just collect money from hood to buy items, but in reality you are just wasting your own time.
while i don't worry too much about winning percentages, i think it is important to monitor attack point per mafia size as an indicator of strength. the number by itself is not the focus, but rather its interpretation. the ratio can serve as an early warning system that gauges whether one is adding on too many under-equipped members which usually happens while leveling up.

By the way I robbed a ton of Laundrymats early, instead of camping I find the excellent experience/respect ratio is excellent and it slows down my leveling process if I feel I need more time.
totally agree!!!

Vile Lynn
11-10-2011, 06:58 PM
stamina 40
energy 1330

OMG! 40 stamina! I'm still working with the 5 stamina I started with, yikes! I figure I can wait 3 mins... Then another 3 mins, and then another 3... lol! Still gets the job done but you must be robbing/attacking for days! Not bad, Khung, must be nice!

Duke.0
11-10-2011, 09:15 PM
I'm level 62 now and there is several things i have been noticing in the game

1) Under equipped mafias. There is a huge number of players at this level (and in general) who have severely under equipped their mafias. I look at people's stats when i rob them and i always find they seem low for their mafia size. The reason seems to be they are not using enough (or any) explosives and they don't have enough cars. You don't need to have the "Best" equipment in the game to be successful, you just need to at least outfit ALL your mafia members with enough items.

2) Explosives do serve a purpose, it seems like they fill the gaps between mafia sizes. If your mafia is 100 and your in a fight with a guy who has 500 mafia. You will probably use some explosives to get a win out of it. Only when there is a big difference in mafia sizes do i seem to loose explosives in fights. The vast majority of my fights i don't loose explosives. I find they are useful and are part of the game, they boost your atk/def numbers and aide in fights. Heck the game says they are used in fights, yet so many people have Zero explosives still. I don't understand why this is the case. You can spend 10,000 and get 100 Molotov's, there should be no reason why you don't have explosives.

Real world case:
I just picked a fight and lost on purpose to prove my point.
Duke = level 62 with 145 mafia, 720 items used, A/D 4619/5198
vs.
Wei = level 62 with 259 mafia, 828 items used, A/D 4829/5662 (oh and btw, Wei has 109 cars and zero explosives)

I lost the fight and also lost 11 explosives in the process.
As you can see there is a large gap between our mafia size, therefore explosives were used to try and make up for that difference. However, it did not matter, the overall fact was his attack was higher then mine and so was his defense, therefore i lost. It did not matter if they had 18 atk per mafia and i have 32 attack per mafia. He had more people doing 18 attack then i had doing 32 attack which results in me loosing. But my point is.....here is how explosives are used. It also might shed some light as to how mafia size works. Even though a lot of his mafia had no cars and nobody had explosives, Wei still won because his mafia attack was larger then mine.

Which begs the question: What is better?
Smaller amount of mafia doing large attacks?
or
Larger amount of mafia doing smaller attacks?

My answer to mafia size?

Attempt to obtain as large mafia size as possible (max 500) without the reduction in mafia strength. If you add a new mafia, make sure you also add 1 more explosive and 1 more car (if necessary).

khung003
11-10-2011, 10:25 PM
young people these days !! , just 1 fight and form up a new theory about how the explosives is used in the game.

Hope we don't educate any of those guys to be scientists, they would reject Einstein's theory after 1 false experiment.

Duke.0
11-10-2011, 11:13 PM
young people these days !! , just 1 fight and form up a new theory about how the explosives is used in the game.

Hope we don't educate any of those guys to be scientists, they would reject Einstein's theory after 1 false experiment.

Its not just one time this has happened to me. It happens all the time when i fight a person who has a much larger amount of mafia then me.

Since you know so much, explain to everybody how explosives work?

TemplarX
11-10-2011, 11:57 PM
Hi Duke, i think you are right that explosives is an inexpensive way to boost attack and defense. But they are inexpensive only if you don't lose the fight. If the fight is close or you lose, replenishing the explosives get expensive. So either you spend a lot to get a significant or overwhelming advantage, or don't spend at all. I held plenty of explosives to fight in a marginal situation like you did, and when I lose, the number of explosives consumed made the attack gain uneconomical. And as I lose explosives, my attack points go down, which makes me lose to the rival even more.

khung003
11-11-2011, 12:37 AM
Its not just one time this has happened to me. It happens all the time when i fight a person who has a much larger amount of mafia then me.

Since you know so much, explain to everybody how explosives work?

Ok, if you want, I'll try. I'm not expert on explosives anyway.

- First, about what you wrote. when fighting, your atk v.s his def , there is nothing relate to the mob size. just attack the guy with more mobs but weaker def than your atk, you won't lose the explosives.

- I once read someone's post about the use of explosive, I think it's right, but I can't find it now. That you don't bring all explosives you bought into 1 fight. The number of explosive use for each fight is limited (I think it may base on the level). And it's something like this:
Attack explosives:
Molotov > Time Bomb > Hand Grenade > Frag Grenade > IED > Anthrax Grenade > Hazard Grenade > Napalm > The last one (I don't know the name)

- If you can win with a few addition molotovs, the time bomb won't be added to the fight.

- What explosives are used in the fight, got destroyed, no matter you win or lose. I think there is a chance for some of used explosives not being destroyed, like 10-20%.

- The explosives boost your stats, but it also fool you as well. Because you don't attack people with that stats, the chance for you to lose is higher.

skunk
11-11-2011, 01:11 AM
CCMark did explain the use of explosives a little.

But from experience it does work out like khung says above, if you don't need them, you wont consume them and the rate they ae consumed is calculated on their value.

YOU DO NOT CONSUME ALL THE EXPLOSIVES YOU USE in a fight.

I know this from attacking (missclice) someone with a much superior defense than my attack (12000def vs 7500 attack) - In theory I should have used all my explosives, but in reality I used about 15 of the 250 I went into battle with. I did notice that in this fight I diduse a much higher number of big value explosives.
Usually in a close fight I use 8-12 explosives mostly $100 ones, maybe 2x$800 and $1x$2,000 (I don't buy higher than this.) But in this fight where I was completely out matched, I used 4x$2,000, 6x$800 and only 5x$100.

I have been using explosives since they came available and have never lost more than 15 in a pvp or robbery, no matter how outclassed I was.

skunk

hope this helps.

whocareswhatmynameis
11-11-2011, 04:03 AM
However, it did not matter, the overall fact was his attack was higher then mine and so was his defense, therefore i lost. It did not matter if they had 18 atk per mafia and i have 32 attack per mafia. He had more people doing 18 attack then i had doing 32 attack which results in me loosing. But my point is.....here is how explosives are used. It also might shed some light as to how mafia size works. Even though a lot of his mafia had no cars and nobody had explosives, Wei still won because his mafia attack was larger then mine.

Duke, the reason you lost was not because his attack points are larger than yours. It's because your attack points was no match for his defenses (4619 vs 5662)! In many instances, your rivals' attack and defense points are reasonably similar, BUT players who invest big in defense buildings will have much larger defenses compared to their attacks.

skunk
11-11-2011, 04:20 AM
To answer the original question
I am lvl 82 and have run a spread sheet of my last 30 rivals - pure random - it will help people decide what to do.

So it clearly shows many people at this level don't have a clue and just way too many mafia and are not too strong.
Hence why I'm still able to find many targets even though I'm just above average.

skunk

whocareswhatmynameis
11-11-2011, 04:31 AM
To answer the original question
I am lvl 82 and have run a spread sheet of my last 30 rivals - pure random - it will help people decide what to do.

So it clearly shows many people at this level don't have a clue and just way too many mafia and are not too strong.
Hence why I'm still able to find many targets even though I'm just above average.

skunk

very informative! thanks for taking the initiative to tally your rivals' stats. i was puzzled to see a guy with 247 mafia size in the rival list, but then realized that your size is actually 271, lower than maximum allowed for your level.

skunk
11-11-2011, 04:33 AM
Yeah, I'm a lean and mean player rather tha maxing out my mafia size.
Don't know if it works, but I'm finding it pretty good and my news file is almost all green :)
I spend all my respect on bikes, have nearly 150 now so I'm around 30 attack per mafia.

TemplarX
11-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Skunk I don't seem to be able to read your spreadsheet well. Is it a 3x4 table listing min and max attack def and mafia size?

rustbinlid
11-11-2011, 03:13 PM

ALL TRUE.
However most of those people with defences over 40000 are very few indeed.
I am level 100 now.
Unfortunately for me from level 75 onwards I was apparently appearing on the rival lists of people from level 200 down. And they in mine.
Now unfortunately for them some of those people have encountered me again, but now I have much, much higher stats. And all of a sudden they want you to add them. mmh.
Believe me there are plenty of level 150-200 players who leveled up too fast and now are weaker than most new level 65's.
I am desperate to up my stats even further though, so intend to camp and stay level 100-105 for a while. Because you really need to be pretty high by the time you hit the 100's to ensure you get the most out of your money buildings and not your rivals. Everyone of my 500 mafia has the 4 items but I need to replace 200 crap cars and hundred of crap weapons/melee

rustbinlid
11-11-2011, 03:16 PM
There the limitation for atk/def points and number of level 10 buildings.
You can only equip for 500 mobs and the currently designed weapons/armors/vehicles don't let any player have more than 60 def/mob if he play normally (pay about 500 bucks, loot M14A1 everyday also can't let him equip more than 60def/mob)

Same to number of level 10 buildings. Upgrade 1 good defense buildings to level 10 cost 2 weeks. And the game just released 13 weeks ago. So he can have about 7 level 10 good defense buildings max, unless he pay to build fast.

So the one you see must play with gold bars, tons of gold bars, he must buy hundreds or thousands gold weapons, and buy time for every buildings he built. So he may pay $10,000 or even $100,000. If someone really pay that much to get that strong, what to point to mess with him ?

What exactly are you on, seriously?

BigCheese
11-13-2011, 10:26 PM
hmmm can some1 rate my stat?
lvl102
atk 13500
def 17500
mafia #: 399
atk skill 60
def skill 30
energy 1850
stamina 30

skunk
11-14-2011, 12:44 AM
I am desperate to up my stats even further though, so intend to camp and stay level 100-105 for a while. Because you really need to be pretty high by the time you hit the 100's to ensure you get the most out of your money buildings and not your rivals. Everyone of my 500 mafia has the 4 items but I need to replace 200 crap cars and hundred of crap weapons/melee

Why bother, defense stats seem to be pretty irrelevant, I have 9500 defense - pretty low for level 85, but then most of the people who rob me have attack stats in the 6000, so why should I bother increasing defense? I could be on 100000 defense, people with 6000 are still gonna successfully rob me?
I just make sure I don't cary any cash and empty my big buildings on time.

khung003
11-14-2011, 12:52 AM
your problem is not coming from below, it comes from above, as level 100 people start visiting you.

khung003
11-14-2011, 12:53 AM
hmmm can some1 rate my stat?
lvl102
atk 13500
def 17500
mafia #: 399
atk skill 60
def skill 30
energy 1850
stamina 30

just make it 40atk/mob, you're strong. you're average at this level, u even weaker than joeycool

skunk
11-14-2011, 01:29 AM
your problem is not coming from below, it comes from above, as level 100 people start visiting you.
Is there a difference between a person with 6,000 attack robbing me and winning and a person with 20,000 robbing me and winning?

As far as I'm aware, they can both take 40% of the buildings value? and right now, the people with much lower stats do win, so bother with defense?

khung003
11-14-2011, 01:54 AM
Is there a difference between a person with 6,000 attack robbing me and winning and a person with 20,000 robbing me and winning?

As far as I'm aware, they can both take 40% of the buildings value? and right now, the people with much lower stats do win, so bother with defense?

I don't care if someone rob me either :D, it's just annoying news. my problem not coming from above but coming from below, get rob by 10,000 atk point, while my total defense is 16,000 (I sold most defense buildings as they seem useless - now i'm 14,000)

BigCheese
11-14-2011, 04:24 AM
ok i will try to hit joeykool... and see

BigCheese
11-14-2011, 04:26 AM
oh he must put a lot skills in def :(

rustbinlid
11-14-2011, 09:41 AM
ok i will try to hit joeykool... and see
Joeycool is in my mafia and I will defend him to the death.
You might be melted cheese by the time I've finished with you.

LiddleBob
11-14-2011, 10:06 PM
So is it better to have (@ level 80) 190 mafia members all equipped, or the max amount of mafia of 400 just partially equipped when robbing and attacking other players?

skunk
11-15-2011, 12:58 AM
190 fully equiped IMO.
I have 300 fully equiped @ lvl 85 and see many rivals at 250 - 430 mafia, most I can still beat.
If I had 425 mafia I'd have a rivals list full of people with 425 and I doubt I'd find many easy targets.

But you be the judge:
Can you find plenty of easy targets where you are at the minute? If so why change.
You can add hundreds of mafia in a day just spamming the "add me threads" and try out having 400 mafia. Just delete them if you don't find it easier. BUT be carefull who you delete, I prefer to have mafia that are not near my level, this increases my target list.

skunk

skunk

blondealex
11-16-2011, 01:32 PM
I agree with Skunk. It seems that in CC, compared to other games I've played, that "camping" is more about mafia size than level.

I am currently level 85 also with 96 mafia. My attack 5421 and def 7006. I have been equipping my mafia to stay between 50-60 attack per member not counting explosives. When I get 57-58 per I add mafia until it gets closer to 50.

There is very rarely anyone on my rivals list within 20 mafia that I am inferior. I'm currently doing thug life round 35 and the main drawback to small mafia at this point is getting players on my rival's list with a mob that size.