PDA

View Full Version : Tests

Old Dude
02-21-2018, 03:52 PM
We've been bombarded the past few weeks with these so called "tests".
What ever happened to the beta tests of old, where a select few would be subjected to new/upgraded parts of the game? Not everyone wants the XP associated with these events and it's their choice to participate or not. Regardless, if you're in a syndicate, some are going to want to participate and some aren't. Regardless if you participate or not, you'll be gaining XP as syndicate goals are hit, especially with Raid Boss.

Why subject all of CC to do their testing when not all want to be a guinea pig? Did the old beta testing method implode?

Freddy**
02-22-2018, 09:49 AM
They can't even bother to do backups of their servers and you want them to have a real beta test environment. LOL!

This game has been a joke for a few years now. I've stopped spending money on this game so things like this don't bother me anymore.

Mrs Cash
02-24-2018, 06:09 AM
We've been bombarded the past few weeks with these so called "tests".
What ever happened to the beta tests of old, where a select few would be subjected to new/upgraded parts of the game? Not everyone wants the XP associated with these events and it's their choice to participate or not. Regardless, if you're in a syndicate, some are going to want to participate and some aren't. Regardless if you participate or not, you'll be gaining XP as syndicate goals are hit, especially with Raid Boss.

Why subject all of CC to do their testing when not all want to be a guinea pig? Did the old beta testing method implode?

At least they are trying. I wish they would do something about the lag. Don't want the XP? Don't participate. I don't. ..

Karrazz
02-27-2018, 08:34 AM
Hi everyone!

We really apologize for the trouble all the test events may have caused. A lot has happened since January but we believe we should be reaching the end fairly soon.

Having Beta testers is mostly useful when testing client updates as we can provide different revisions of the same client. In our case here, all players are already to the latest versions and issues encountered lately were mostly affecting server settings (which would have affected both normal and Beta players anyway).

@Mr Cash, our teams have continued working on Lag issues and a few optimizations are already in the pipelines. Some of those will require some code changes, which we would rather avoid while still being in the process of fixing existing issues. Hopefully, this would happen in the near future.
We will keep the community informed as soon as we have more information to share.

Karrazz

Mrs Cash
02-27-2018, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the update Karrazz.

colec023
03-01-2018, 09:23 AM
I appreciate the tests and the transparency from DECA telling people not to spend gold/refills on the events. Although they have not all been successful, I think we are getting close to getting back to normal. Better to get it right then to put something out that doesn't work.

sister morphine
03-02-2018, 02:04 AM
HCB is still not right. After day one ended some people in my syn were saying they received no points, and their history tab was blank despite winning their match-up.

I'm not sure whether things are correct on day two, but at the moment I have a screen grab saying I finished on 10 points despite winning both days.