PDA

View Full Version : Game status

Twist of Cain
01-18-2018, 03:07 PM
I didn't think this game could get any worse than it was before DECA took over

DECA has opened my eyes:eek:

Jg48
01-18-2018, 03:16 PM
They have opened a lot of people's eyes.

The big looser will be gree/deca

Tinker
01-19-2018, 01:59 AM
I didn't think this game could get any worse than it was before DECA took over

DECA has opened my eyes:eek:

Wasn't there an initial training period where Gree taught Deca everything they knew about operating the game so that there would be a smooth transition? Seems to have worked perfectly.

WBS
01-19-2018, 11:58 AM
They say it’s the servers but I’m wondering if it’s the code? How could it have all of a sudden gotten this bad?

Vile Lynn
01-19-2018, 01:21 PM
They say it’s the servers but I’m wondering if it’s the code? How could it have all of a sudden gotten this bad?

When the Amazon servers came back online after their scheduled maintenance, all of our config files were *poof* gone... they're having to rewrite and reload everything

solper
01-19-2018, 02:26 PM
When the Amazon servers came back online after their scheduled maintenance, all of our config files were *poof* gone... they're having to rewrite and reload everything

Amazon have backup.

WBS
01-19-2018, 05:47 PM

So you are saying Gree/Deca didn’t backup anything. I guess thanks for showing us how truly incompetent they really are.

Tinker
01-20-2018, 09:11 AM
So you are saying Gree/Deca didn’t backup anything. I guess thanks for showing us how truly incompetent they really are.
I learned about the importance of backing up when I was putting the finishing touches on a 2,500 word essay for a Criminology course that I was writing on my Commodore 64. It all of a sudden vanished when the power went out.
I cursed.
I wanted to punch the screen.
I cried.
I learned.
Perhaps Deca will learn

DEWIN NUTTIN
01-20-2018, 10:32 AM
I learned about the importance of backing up when I was putting the finishing touches on a 2,500 word essay for a Criminology course that I was writing on my Commodore 64. It all of a sudden vanished when the power went out.I cursed.I wanted to punch the screen.I cried.I learned.Perhaps Deca will learnCommodore 64, Timex, Pet, the 1st Apple Mac; those were heady days in computing.Thanks for jogging my old noggin.

WBS
01-20-2018, 06:07 PM
I miss Oregon trail and number munchers. Classic games, even those tan better than this game. I think Deca and Gree should get some advice from the old time classics.

Mrs Cash
01-21-2018, 08:42 AM

My thoughts exactly. I am so neurotic that I have 7 external hard drives as backups for my photos. PHOTOS!

OlapDev
01-21-2018, 02:21 PM
My thoughts exactly. I am so neurotic that I have 7 external hard drives as backups for my photos. PHOTOS!

What I find interesting is that Amazon S3 have their own backup and during server maintenance they fail you over to a different server...

Sounds very fishy..

I.e. ... An Amazon server maintenance would never lead to a loss of data...

Could you imagine what would happen if an online shop just "lost" a days worth of purchases.. or a finance institution lost your account...

Pmsl... Are Amazon really to blame.....

Jg48
01-21-2018, 03:54 PM
Amazon is not to blame. It falls on the incompetence of gree/deca

WBS
01-22-2018, 06:07 AM
Gree/Deca are using amazon as a scapegoat. I’m not sure how many players actually believe it is all on amazon.

Jg48
01-22-2018, 06:20 PM
The same problems are occurring day in and day out nothing is changing from on test event to the next.

Game is still screwed up.

Vile Lynn
01-23-2018, 12:51 PM
I can't blame anybody for being critical... somebody is to blame, but I don't know enough to point fingers. IMHO, excuses only work for the one making them.

That is what we were told, just passing it along. I don't even know what a config file is; I would guess it configures something.

All I know is the game is broken, they are trying to fix it, and it feels like it's at a glacial pace to us players....

but hoping for the best.......
*sighs*

Batchief
01-23-2018, 02:43 PM
I can't blame anybody for being critical... somebody is to blame, but I don't know enough to point fingers. IMHO, excuses only work for the one making them.

That is what we were told, just passing it along. I don't even know what a config file is; I would guess it configures something.

All I know is the game is broken, they are trying to fix it, and it feels like it's at a glacial pace to us players....

but hoping for the best.......
*sighs*

Vile Lynn,
As always, thank you for keeping us updated on the forum. You always been a straight shooter.

OlapDev
01-23-2018, 03:17 PM
Some Texans may be straight shooters... But not that one... Have to ask yourself "Why do you think she was kicked out of the player rep rooms (for MW)??"

WBS
01-23-2018, 03:39 PM
Some Texans may be straight shooters... But not that one... Have to ask yourself "Why do you think she was kicked out of the player rep rooms (for MW)??"

Most already know, but I don’t think it’s worth anything right now.

DEWIN NUTTIN
01-23-2018, 08:11 PM
Some Texans may be straight shooters... But not that one... Have to ask yourself "Why do you think she was kicked out of the player rep rooms (for MW)??"Hear, hear, applause..........

NaRciS
01-27-2018, 01:21 PM
Honestly?

Server problems and loss of data, it would be so much better if there was some honesty, even if it was "we can't be bothered at the moment, give us a week or so".

I run a tiny internet business, my sites and data are automatically backed up every 12 hours online and daily / weekly offline, backups are stored in multiple locations - someones not telling the truth lol.

I will confirm that once during server maintenance which normally takes 15mins - 2 hours - it was advised that the server had in fact been hacked and taken offline, this had all happened while I slept, I was told that two of our main sites had gone down for 15 minutes while one of the multiple backup servers was brought online and they fiddled with DNS settings etc, the hosting company had handled everything and made all necessary temporary fixes and supplied a mini list of required changes to the settings which maybe took an hour,

My point is that was a huge attack on my hosting companies server, and I was down maybe 15 mins, I can choose to restore with 12-hour backups going back for years, let's be honest we know Gree has backups because they have rolled back the game on quite a few occasions.

@Dewin - Commodore 64? Let's hear it for the ZX 81 Spectrum! That's real power, and you can't beat a little Jet Set Willy!

Anyway, I'm just a clown! And still, I have a backup lol.

WBS
01-30-2018, 05:36 AM
It blows the mind that it’s not backed up. I have the pictures on my phone backed up. It’s been a good game ran by a poor company.