PDA

View Full Version : Cannot connect to server

Mrs Cash
01-02-2018, 06:02 PM
Both my Androids cannot get in. USA. iOS no problem. Anyone else?

Another Android in my syndicate also cannot get in. Canada.

DoomsdayMY
01-02-2018, 06:43 PM
It’s the same for me. Two days of being really slow and today nothing. Even iOS is much slower over the last two days.

Does anyone know when they moved the game hosting from the US to the UK - and why? I thought they were trying to reduce lag, not make it worse.

ghetto69143
01-02-2018, 07:27 PM
Both my Androids cannot get in. USA. iOS no problem. Anyone else?

Another Android in my syndicate also cannot get in. Canada.

All of my team cannot connect to server.
My 3 devices, all droid, cannot connect.
Teammates using both Droid & iOS and same issue.
Chatrooms are chattering about "Cannot connect to server"

TZora
01-02-2018, 09:54 PM
looks like deca is following the same trends as gree lol.. this must be their way of saying happy new year :D
i cant get in game either, uninstalled/reinstalled game, cleared cache and what not. thought it were just my phone/internet acting up but now i know it is just another crimecity special hahaha

Bobcc68
01-02-2018, 10:03 PM
Does anyone know when they moved the game hosting from the US to the UK - and why? I thought they were trying to reduce lag, not make it worse.

Interesting theory, then I suppose I must be one of the few people in the world who isn't US centric?

TZora
01-02-2018, 10:28 PM
i too fail to understand how moving servers to the UK would help reducing the lag? hmm that's news to me lol

DoomsdayMY
01-03-2018, 12:52 AM
Interesting theory, then I suppose I must be one of the few people in the world who isn't US centric?

I’m in South East Asia. Connectivity to the UK is MUCH worse than the US. BTW, it’s not a theory. When I have game issues, I test the connection to see if it’s my ISP or the game. It used to hosted in one of the major US data centres. Now it’s hosted in London. It’s easy to check. The game, on both clients connects to crime city.com. Go to ipaddress.com and out that domain in and you’ll see for yourself

DoomsdayMY
01-03-2018, 12:56 AM
8 hours and no response. Surely someone is supposed be monitoring the game?

HavingFun
01-03-2018, 01:54 AM
8 hours and no response. Surely someone is supposed be monitoring the game?

lol I guess grade school back in session. Xmas break over so no more programmers.

Bobcc68
01-03-2018, 02:43 AM
I nust bow to your superior knowledge DoomsdayMY, immediately resign from my current job and ponder the wisdom of all those multinational companies who use the UKs IT infrastructure as it is obviously so bad

DoomsdayMY
01-03-2018, 03:07 AM
I nust bow to your superior knowledge DoomsdayMY, immediately resign from my current job and ponder the wisdom of all those multinational companies who use the UKs IT infrastructure as it is obviously so bad

I didn’t say it was bad, but most of the world has far better connectivity to the US than the UK

Mrs Cash
01-03-2018, 04:44 AM
Can get in, sloooowwwwly, on my Kindle Fire HD8. No dice on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S. Come on already!

sister morphine
01-03-2018, 06:53 AM
I’m in South East Asia. Connectivity to the UK is MUCH worse than the US. BTW, it’s not a theory. When I have game issues, I test the connection to see if it’s my ISP or the game. It used to hosted in one of the major US data centres. Now it’s hosted in London. It’s easy to check. The game, on both clients connects to crime city.com. Go to ipaddress.com and out that domain in and you’ll see for yourself
I was watching the extras from LOTR: The Two Towers last night. Funny story - when Peter Jackson was in London for an extended period during the recording of the music score for the movie, his team set up servers in the UK so the editing team could keep in contact and send reels of the film for approval and comment. The high speed connection from New Zealand was no problem, but getting a decent connection to the house Jackson was living in was so hard that they resorted to downloading the files onto iPods and walking there! That was about 15 years ago. Obviously things haven't improved.

Recently there was a few letters in the paper about poor internet in the UK. It seems rural South Korea and Sri Lanka both have faster speeds than the best in Britain. Not surprising when you know we're still using copper wiring from a hundred years ago for most telephone infrastructure here.